PDA

View Full Version : Should Hacked IP Be Deducted From A Teams Total?

SilentAssassin
06-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Please vote accordingly

Thanks again for your vote. Please post comments here but no slandering, keep it clean.

Muffhole
06-09-2014, 08:23 PM
100% yes! I believe gree has before and also do on ka.

TMI
06-09-2014, 08:23 PM
They've already done it in cc with that hacker who was DL, they removed all his ip. They've also already done that with KA in this last warr.

sharon08083
06-09-2014, 08:28 PM
100 percent agree all hacked ip should be immediately removed from team total...not doing encourages others to do it without fear of repercussions

JessieAllen33
06-09-2014, 08:30 PM
There's no reason for them not to. Any hacker on any team should just be totally eliminated as if he wasn't even playing, like GREE did with the hacker on KA. And no you cannot say it's two different situations because people lost money on both situations as well as GREE losing money to hacking. If GREE will make this right they will do one of two things. Award SAS with the proper crowing of number one, or give them their money back that they spent in the last two battles trying to keep up with a hacker.

TMI
06-09-2014, 08:34 PM
This should have been a public poll lol

I wonder who the 2 hackers were that voted no, lmao

bdub
06-09-2014, 08:38 PM
This seems like a very easy question with a very logical answer: of course hacked IP should be removed from syndicate total. Any other response from GREE would be tantamount to collusion of the developer with a syndicate to defraud the player base.

Zincincpink
06-09-2014, 08:47 PM
I'm assuming this is about the 1mil IP in last 4 minutes SAS players keep talking about? Yes obviously they should but in the case of the 1mil+ hacked ip I can't see Gree doing anything more than maybe giving all of SAS the +2 regen prize for compensation. I doubt they would take away a prize this long after the event is over.

TMI
06-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Actually, that hacker put up over 5 mil ip during that war.

But anyways, the question is what SHOULD be done. ie, what is the ethical thing to do, given what GREE has done in the past with hackers in cc (that hacker DL), and KA

Don'tPostPersonalInfo:D
06-09-2014, 09:07 PM
I heard this hacker was from SAS, but after he left SAS for TAW the officers in SAS finally willing to disclose everything. Y didnt you guys send ticket to Gree when he was in SAS?
Anyway, tbh I think this is a tough situation. We cant assume SAS would be No.1 if this player didnt exist. TAW might recruite another guy to score this much. Even this is not the case, other players in TAW might score more than they actually did. I can understand how frustrated SAS players are. But it is what it is. Beat TAW next time.

mzagro
06-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Yes hacked IP should be removed.

SilentAssassin
06-09-2014, 09:13 PM
I heard this hacker was from SAS, but after he left SAS for TAW the officers in SAS finally willing to disclose everything. Y didnt you guys send ticket to Gree when he was in SAS?
Anyway, tbh I think this is a tough situation. We cant assume SAS would be No.1 if this player didnt exist. TAW might recruite another guy to score this much. Even this is not the case, other players in TAW might score more than they actually did. I can understand how frustrated SAS players are. But it is what it is. Beat TAW next time.

He was BOOTED from SAS.
TAW was warned and GREE was contacted
Please keep the discussion to general terms

Should hacked IP be removed ?

TMI
06-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Actually, he got booted from SAS because he was suspected to be a hacker. The leadership of taw was also warned that he was booted for suspicious behaviour.
Also, a ticket was sent when he was in SAS.

You're also giving a lot of excuses and different senarios where taw could have still held first.
Why weren't these considered with the DL hacker, or the KA hacker?
But yet they made the assumption that taw would have gotten streaks if they didn't miss 4 hrs of war.

Your solution just glazes over the issue, the question at hand. How did you vote?

Sleazy_P_Martini
06-09-2014, 09:49 PM
If gree is aware of the activity, and let's it continue, then it's perfectly fine. People just gotta learn to fight fire with fire.

namedud
06-09-2014, 10:35 PM
I'm pretty sure there is precedent to cases involving removed IP gained by illegitimate means, so you'd think hacked IP would always be removed.

That said, Gree will do whatever they feel is best for them and everyone should be aware that when they spend money gold they always get what they pay for, and how you use it is up to you. Buyer beware, spend at your own risk type of deal. So don't be surprised if things don't go your way.

There is also precedent for strange glitches that, for whatever reason (insert conspiracy theory) only affect one account. Some might decide not to abuse such a situation, others might take full advantage.

Coming back to original topic though, it's reasonable to expect that IF a player's IP were verifiably hacked, they would be null and void.

montecore
06-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Hello there sir Dub, as much as I would like to refrain I simply cannot. SAS have made false allegations time and time again in the past and unless you have solid proof (i.e screenshots) that you can post that proves without a doubt that TAW cheated last battle then your latest allegation is simply a smear campaign.

Have you considered a career in politics?

First, I will need to see links and examples of these false allegations, or I will simply accuse you of making one here.
Second, we have screenshots. They have been provided to Gree, they have been provided to TAW, they have been provided to all members in SAS, and they have been provided to you in one of the rooms I keep removing you from.

montecore
06-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Let's not get off track, as this is an important thread detailing an important issue.

The good news is that there is already a precedent set. When HCG had a hacker as a DL, all of their IP was removed and the score adjusted accordingly. The same thing just happened in KA. So Gree just needs to validate the screenshots against their server records and do what they have always done, remove all IP scored by the hacker from the score and reevaluate the standings.

I am still not sure why TAW didn't listen to SAS in the first place and not add the hacker. Desperate times I suppose.

sister morphine
06-10-2014, 12:25 AM
I was the one who recruited him into TAW so you are wrong again bdub.
Well of course the guy would tell you he'd been booted for suspected hacking, wouldn't he? So funny.

In answer to the poll, definitely hacked ip should be removed (regardless of syndicate) and the player's stats should be nullified for the rest of the war - which has also happened previously

EZpikins
06-10-2014, 01:14 AM
Its sad that this question even needs to be asked. Hacked ip should absolutely be deducted from that teams total ip. What type of precedent is one setting for all other teams if hacked ip is allowed to count towards that teams final score? Whats the deterrent to stop others that are thinking of doing the same hack? Their accounts may get banned? So its clearly being said that this will not be tolerated by individuals, but if and when this happens we have no issue with that syndicate gaining from what can only be called cheating . Wheres the logic in that?
Whats the reward for playing the right way, the way it was intended to be played? Unfortunately this is not rewarded, but you possibly put yourself at a disadvantage if hacked ip is allowed. Sad but true.
Fortunately, there has been a very strong precedent set for situations just like this. In both situations in which a player hacked ip, that persons ip was removed from that teams total ip and their account banned. This seems like a very logical outcome. Why would a current ip hacking incident be addressed any differently than past incidents? You would think it wouldn't be, would you be wrong?

Captain Torgue
06-10-2014, 01:15 AM
I would like to apologise for my trolling on this thread. I see this is a serious topic that many people with to address and will hereby stay out of it. I have deleted all my previous messages so please disregard them.

Again, apologies for the trolling.

evj
06-10-2014, 02:36 AM
I would like to apologise for my trolling on this thread. I see this is a serious topic that many people with to address and will hereby stay out of it. I have deleted all my previous messages so please disregard them.

Again, apologies for the trolling.

Captain, we fully accept your apology. Thanks for your support in this matter, it is a serious case for most CC players and in their interest to have a fair game.

Sleazy_P_Martini
06-10-2014, 03:31 AM

Again, apologies for the trolling.wow. if they can get to torque, they can get to anyone. no one is safe!!!

Dipstik
06-10-2014, 03:40 AM
Not as simple as you think. Is it fair for SAS to sneak their hacker onto TAW so he can hack 5m IP and then ask for TAW's victory to be taken away after it's too late for them to do anything about it? I don't think so. Since SAS never wins, we all know that if TAW had been aware of SAS's mole, they would have just put up more IP without him and won anyway. How is it fair to change the results after the scoring is over?

evj
06-10-2014, 03:44 AM
Not as simple as you think. Is it fair for SAS to sneak their hacker onto TAW so he can hack 5m IP and then ask for TAW's victory to be taken away after it's too late for them to do anything about it? I don't think so. Since SAS never wins, we all know that if TAW had been aware of SAS's mole, they would have just put up more IP without him and won anyway. How is it fair to change the results after the scoring is over?

Taw was warned before war.

SemoreButtz
06-10-2014, 04:06 AM
Not only should it be deducted, the team should lose their syn for allowing it

b-w
06-10-2014, 05:38 AM
Congrats to SAS on their win. Clean sweep. Beat TAW heads up even with a cheater. Since it's been confirmed that there was cheating then you must deduct those points and that leaves SAS with 1st. Gree doesn't have to change it and make it official for everyone to realize who won. That would be the right thing for them to do but it's not happening. The reign is over.

montecore
06-10-2014, 06:33 AM
Here is a thread from when HCG used a hacker DL and Gree responded by removing all of his IP:

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?53705-Indisputable-cheating-by-a-top-team-big-injustice/page22

Go4Seven
06-10-2014, 08:07 AM
Can we add a third option to the poll? No, the entire team should be disqualified.

Zorg
06-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Easy way to fix hacking is tell everybody how they do it.

SilentAssassin
06-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Can we add a third option to the poll? No, the entire team should be disqualified.

Haha for now just the two please
But comments are highly appreciated

SilentAssassin
06-10-2014, 11:30 AM
If you vote no
Tell us why please

Dipstik
06-10-2014, 11:46 AM
If you vote no
Tell us why please

Because there's no drama like SAS drama, and I'd hate to see Gree take away your favorite excuse.

SilentAssassin
06-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Thank you for all your votes
Keep them coming please
Also MODS can vote too :)
We don't isolate or pick favourites everyone is treated the same

crash&burn
06-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Thank you for all your votes
Keep them coming please
Also MODS can vote too :)
We don't isolate or pick favourites everyone is treated the same

A little cheese 4 all this whine. ...grown men acting like children. .yet again

SAS1
06-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Because there's no drama like SAS drama, and I'd hate to see Gree take away your favorite excuse.

New poll. Is dippy a bigger troll then Captain Torgue

Yes>>>>
No>>>>

Ain't no drama without Dippy!!!

I love tacos
06-10-2014, 05:10 PM
New poll. Is dippy a bigger troll then Captain Torgue

Yes>>>>
No>>>>

Ain't no drama without Dippy!!!
Yup, Dippy is a BIGGER troll.

1Shot
06-10-2014, 05:22 PM

A logical troll.

Dipstik
06-10-2014, 05:27 PM

http://www.meme-italia.it/wiki/images/b/b1/Iyn.jpg

BBW
06-10-2014, 06:30 PM
I think that gree should remove the ip gained by the hacker and review the actual scores then. And for the first time make the right decision and do the right thing .

RuckusXsuckuR
06-10-2014, 07:06 PM
If gree is aware of the activity, and let's it continue, then it's perfectly fine. People just gotta learn to fight fire with fire.
+100 extras

Middle Finger
06-10-2014, 11:27 PM
The hacker from taw did not only effect the outcome of 1st and 2nd it also effected the outcome of every player's individual ranking in tournament for all players of crime city how very disappointed i am with the handling of this situation

dip.stick
06-11-2014, 05:17 AM
This game is full of hackers, everyone complains, but still play! Hahahahaha crazy, what a waste if time!

OmgMileyCyrus
06-11-2014, 09:00 AM
So to clarify, if we accept a hacker into our ranks (we finished 7th last battle) and he scores 5m IP and we get 3rd, he will get banned but we will get to keep top 3? Ok thanks gree, I'm gonna run to my leader and tell him to put out the message we are looking for hackers to bolster our ranks for an easy top 3 run.

dip.stick
06-11-2014, 09:12 AM
So to clarify, if we accept a hacker into our ranks (we finished 7th last battle) and he scores 5m IP and we get 3rd, he will get banned but we will get to keep top 3? Ok thanks gree, I'm gonna run to my leader and tell him to put out the message we are looking for hackers to bolster our ranks for an easy top 3 run.

Hahahaha go play a real game, Hahahaha what a joke!

cave man kid
06-11-2014, 05:26 PM
The hacker was banned after the event how far back should gree go in fixing IP scores

SilentAssassin
06-11-2014, 06:12 PM
The hacker was banned after the event how far back should gree go in fixing IP scores

We reported him well before the event

Banger
06-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Should IP gained from bought and sold accounts be deducted from final totals as well?

Dipstik
06-11-2014, 06:33 PM
Nope, just deleted summarily.

cave man kid
06-11-2014, 06:53 PM

That does not answer the question I asked how far should gree go back

dip.stick
06-11-2014, 07:44 PM

Doesn't matter, go spend more money.

OmgMileyCyrus
06-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Tadaah, gree, whoever.......my post and the logic behind it are sound, no? If not, explain why I shouldn't be asking hackers to join my syn. What's good for number 1 is certainly good for 2-4,000 correct?

Rookeye
06-12-2014, 11:54 AM

Um, no. If GREE says hacking is not permitted, then bans a hacker yet lets their points remain, they are at best sending mixed messages to the player base.

No hacking. No hackers. No hacked points/games/wins. Anything else is basically admitting that their stated rules can be broken without penalty to teams, and that teams should employ hackers to bolster their numbers. Not a tenable position!!!

FrapMaster
06-12-2014, 12:01 PM
There's an easy solution to this. Hack too brah!

Rookeye
06-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Cheat my way to the top? To prove I don't have the skill or stones to do it without cheating? Um, no thanks... ;)

FrapMaster
06-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Cheat my way to the top? To prove I don't have the skill or stones to do it without cheating? Um, no thanks... ;)

Um, this game requires absolutely ZERO skill. A half-brain, comatose vegetable could get to the top... he just needs the cash.

Vile Lynn
06-12-2014, 01:34 PM
I voted 'yes.'
I think anything hacked should be removed along with the hacked account: RPs, SPs, gold, cash, units, bonuses, etc...

Hackers are still playing,
players are still reporting,
and GREE is still "investigating."
:rolleyes:

Rookeye
06-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Um, this game requires absolutely ZERO skill. A half-brain, comatose vegetable could get to the top... he just needs the cash.

So why bother hacking then?

I may not have the moolah to buy my way into 1st, but I sure as heck ain't gonna cheat my way there. Where's the fun in that? Who then have I actually "beaten"? *wry smile*

AssassinMissy
06-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Tadaah, gree, whoever.......my post and the logic behind it are sound, no? If not, explain why I shouldn't be asking hackers to join my syn. What's good for number 1 is certainly good for 2-4,000 correct?

Exactly! Could not have said that better myself.

The Angry Boodg
06-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Who's the hacker? We have room for u...top 10 here we come baby!!! =)

dip.stick
06-12-2014, 06:04 PM

Fully agree and well said. And I might add that this is all for pixelated items and over inflated stats.

TMI
06-12-2014, 11:23 PM

How sad. GREE needs to take a stand against hackers. That why ppl are leaving in drives. They are finally on their way of doing the right thing.
If taw is punished, then that will discourage syndicates accepting known hackers.
Otherwise, why not accept hackers.
You're right. Depending in the outcome of this situation, it'll either discourage hackers, or you'll see a whole bunch of new syndicates getting into top10 etc.

dip.stick
06-12-2014, 11:34 PM
That why ppl are leaving in drives. They are finally on their way of doing the right thing.

That's not the only reason why people are leaving.

namedud
06-13-2014, 12:04 AM

I can tell you right now what will happen if you go out looking for hackers. You'll pick up players who claim to be hackers or have the ability to hack, and once in war you will receive the sad awakening that they just conned their way to free prizes without breaking any rules... And at your whole team's expense no less. Unless the whole syndicate is willing to sacrifice ranks and prizes to spite one or two clever individuals.

OmgMileyCyrus
06-13-2014, 06:00 AM
I can tell you right now what will happen if you go out looking for hackers. You'll pick up players who claim to be hackers or have the ability to hack, and once in war you will receive the sad awakening that they just conned their way to free prizes without breaking any rules... And at your whole team's expense no less. Unless the whole syndicate is willing to sacrifice ranks and prizes to spite one or two clever individuals.

You took that post serious?!?!?

TMI
06-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Yes, of course.
What a silly question!

BTW, anyone going to porcfest.com in New Hampshire?

Rookeye
06-14-2014, 01:03 PM
*Homer Simpson voice* Mmmm, pork! ;)

http://porcfest.com/2014/06/11/porcfest-prickler-issue-3-june-11-2014/

dip.stick
06-15-2014, 11:13 AM
*Homer Simpson voice* Mmmm, pork! ;)

http://porcfest.com/2014/06/11/porcfest-prickler-issue-3-june-11-2014/

Yes u are a 13 yr old, no one can be that immature

Rookeye
06-15-2014, 11:23 AM
Pop culture references are immature? Hmm. *noted*

Posting links to the actual event are immature? *noted again*

:rolleyes:

dip.stick
06-15-2014, 11:26 AM
Am sure you are just like Home Simpson and Peter Griffin rolled into one. Do they tease you in the school yard tubby?

Rookeye
06-15-2014, 11:31 AM
*serious question*

How does GREE expect us to take their list of rules seriously when they selectively allow certain persons to go on an abusive warpath? You may be joking, but I guarantee that your audience will not always think that you are.

"Flaming" is not always "funny".

*passes the popcorn* :rolleyes:

---------

EDIT: Back to topic: "Should hacked Ip be removed from a team's total points?"

Valynx
06-15-2014, 01:23 PM
I gotta say No on this Because not all members of the team know if its got a hacker in, sometimes people join a team who look normal then could have bad people in so I say no it isn't the other team members fault.

The Governor
06-15-2014, 03:27 PM
One thing to consider in none of us have a pre check tool like checking a credit score we can go to. This can happen to any team. I don't feel any of us should have to worry about if a player is a hacker or not. The real problem is Gree's system can be hacked and Gree doesn't have a handle of it.

Any team could go about their business competing, celebrate their victory only to have Gree later come in and say you had a couple of cheaters on your team. You didn't win top 10/25 or whatever 2 weeks after the event is over.

As a customer I play the game. It's ultimately Gree's responsibility to monitor and remove cheaters. If a player is in the game and playing we should be able to bring in whoever.

If Gree wants to penalize TAW there should be some type of recommended approval process Gree should have in place.

Touch Down
06-15-2014, 03:44 PM
Hacked ip is hacked ip. Remove the ip from the teams total.

If an Olympic athlete gets caught cheating they get their medal and placing stripped.

If Gree do not fix this then they are a joke of a company. What's the point of playing their already half ass baked game if they allow cheats and hacks!

FUG

OmgMileyCyrus
06-16-2014, 01:28 AM
Hacked ip is hacked ip. Remove the ip from the teams total.

If an Olympic athlete gets caught cheating they get their medal and placing stripped.

If Gree do not fix this then they are a joke of a company. What's the point of playing their already half ass baked game if they allow cheats and hacks!

FUG

QFT
Extras

Simon.
06-16-2014, 01:31 AM
No....you didn't just compare the game to a cheating Olympic medallist?!? You're elevating Gree to the same status of the IOC and elite athletes? And here I was thinking they were just some average App Programming company (and I emphasise Average) with a marketable product that idiots keep spending 100s'of thousands of $$$ a month on.

C'mon man, just because you spend big doesn't change the fact there's probably a bunch of pimple faced, fat and single IT nerds spending a remarkably small amount of time developing this game (maybe there's one or 2 of them that do have a life or go to the gym (actually I have a good mate whos an app programmer and he's a crazy ass AFL player)...anyway...). You guys keep spending, and they keep doing stuff all to earn it. The basics of the game (collecting money, energy utilisation, paying out the right amounts etc.) don't even work properly most of the time! They never have and still remain broken since the game inception.

There is no massive corporate conglomerate behind all this, its just a couple of guys making a buck, a handful of developers and support staff!

Look at it from Gree's perspective, they have 2 big spenders wanting their side of the story to be the right one and the other penalised - if it was me, I'd want you both spending as much money as possible - Gree doesn't win if you stop spending, Gree will do just enough to satisfy both parties. That's smart business, and if there's one thing Gree is good at, its making you lot spend $$$, because it certainly ain't app programming!

Yes you've spent a lot of money, but your holding Gree to a standard that they simply can't achieve nor provide at this stage. Look at the app for what it is and seriously ask yourself if it's worth spending 80k on for a war. You're not getting value for money and Gree cannot handle the fall out. If the entertainment value is gone, what exactly are you paying for?

TZora
06-16-2014, 01:34 AM
i really wonder what's going on these forums since last few days .. cheaters are new to this game? no .. haven't we seen enough cheaters in the past? it's simple as that .. gree coders are incompetent and they cannot make this game cheat-proof. tis the reason why i stopped spending money on this game .. been months gree saw a cent from me lol .. now gree is rolling out all those stupid sales .. $4.95, $2.95, etc sale .. it is ridiculous. especially that "an offer you cannot refuse" .............. i refuse! ding-**** :D