PDA

View Full Version : What's the risk involved from not banking?

TobysPaw
06-09-2014, 11:13 AM
So as IPH goes up, so does the amount of money lost when paying the 10% bank deposits.

My question is pretty simple - suppose for example I have 500M that I don't bank, how much of it am I risking from other players attacking me? What's the most that can be lost from one hit? Or does it vary?

Sorry if this has been debated before (I'm sure it has)

Dipstik
06-09-2014, 11:16 AM
It's hard to calculate now because the "cool down" time between attacks appears to be dependent upon several factors including how active a player you are, how many henchmen you have, etc.

Fredfreddy
06-09-2014, 11:39 AM
you can lose (Level - 10)*$100,000*20 in a single go
(20 being the amount of times someone could hit you between cooldowns)

As Dipstik mentions, the cooldown seems to vary (i.e. the time between when you can be hit again after you've been hit 20 times)

Another factor is your level, you will find that folks that are, say <L150 don't attack much as folks don't want to get too much XP, cooldown is not even a factor. It's fairly safe to "no-bank" at that range of levels.

mnju_03
06-09-2014, 11:46 AM
the risk is great... you could die. ITS JUST A GAME lol

TobysPaw
06-09-2014, 11:47 AM
Thanks guys. That's helpful. I'm L101 with IPH just over 10M. I'll give it a try and see how it goes!

namedud
06-09-2014, 11:47 AM
I could be mistaken but when a player attacks you until you are "too beat up", I think your beat up status applies only to that one player. If this is true, there isn't really a limit to how much you risk losing to attacks by not banking. If everyone who sees you attacks you for cash, you could lose everything on hand.

1Shot
06-09-2014, 11:56 AM
I could be mistaken but when a player attacks you until you are "too beat up", I think your beat up status applies only to that one player. If this is true, there isn't really a limit to how much you risk losing to attacks by not banking. If everyone who sees you attacks you for cash, you could lose everything on hand.

No when a player is too "beat up" it applies to everyone.

I usually bank my cash, a trick is to not collect all your cash and bank at once, deposit every building separately, so the 10% fee hurt as much.

TobysPaw
06-09-2014, 11:58 AM
a trick is to not collect all your cash and bank at once, deposit every building separately, so the 10% fee hurt as much.

What difference would that make? It's still 10% of the same amount when all is said and done.

1Shot
06-09-2014, 12:07 PM
What difference would that make? It's still 10% of the same amount when all is said and done.

10% of 10m is less than 10% of 50m.

namedud
06-09-2014, 12:08 PM

I usually bank my cash, a trick is to not collect all your cash and bank at once, deposit every building separately, so the 10% fee hurt as much.

People in my syndicate often coordinate to visit a rival's hood at the same time (using links from the news). While both players are in the rival's hood they can both 20-0 the rival. 5 minutes later when I see that rival on my list, I too am able to attack 20-0.

On my own rivals list, I can attack every single person listed if I haven't hit made them "too beat up" within the last 2-3 hours.

10% of your cash is 10% of your cash. How much you deposit at once makes zero difference.

Dipstik
06-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Wow I can't argue with that logic. You, sir, win at math!

Daswi
06-09-2014, 12:14 PM
It's hard to calculate now because the "cool down" time between attacks appears to be dependent upon several factors including how active a player you are, how many henchmen you have, etc.
Wow.... Dippy is truly back. Welcome back!

TobysPaw
06-09-2014, 12:19 PM

Makes absolutely no difference. The choice is whether to bank the cash or not. Whether it's done incrementally or all at once is irrelevant.

Fredfreddy
06-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Thanks guys. That's helpful. I'm L101 with IPH just over 10M. I'll give it a try and see how it goes!

At L101 you will almost definitely lose less from attacks than the banking fee. I'm 20 or so levels ahead of you and haven't banked in a couple of years, I get 20-0'd about once a month.

Nighteg
06-09-2014, 12:35 PM
I usually don't bank, cause making 700m a day, you'd have to be leached A LOT to tip the scales towards depositing.
But during the epic i was attacked every 5 freaking minutes (that's -5m every 5 minutes) so i was pretty much forced to bank.
Sent ticket and got a usual silly response :D

Stopped banking again after epic.

Winnson
06-09-2014, 12:38 PM
I read both the old and new testaments of the bible.

The only time Jesus really got mad was at the money changers.

Just saying.

Dipstik
06-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Religion is against the forum "code of conduct."

Also, you forget when he healed the man with the gimpy hand and got mad at the pharisees who tried to trick him.

Just saying.

Winnson
06-09-2014, 12:45 PM
How about Lot's daughters?

Just saying.

Dipstik
06-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Oh man was THAT a wild weekend!

mnju_03
06-09-2014, 01:07 PM

so wild.... so many Sl^&*

GrimAmoeba
06-09-2014, 01:44 PM
a trick is to not collect all your cash and bank at once, deposit every building separately, so the 10% fee hurt as much.

This may be the most ignorant thing I have ever heard. When you deposit an amount it takes 10% every time, no matter you deposit it now as a whole or as 10 individual amounts. If you are saying that you may use some of that one of those times that is different, but 10% (x) = 10% (y+y+y+y+y), where x = the sum of y's

Ourpalace
06-09-2014, 02:04 PM

This may be the most ignorant thing I have ever heard. When you deposit an amount it takes 10% every time, no matter you deposit it now as a whole or as 10 individual amounts. If you are saying that you may use some of that one of those times that is different, but 10% (x) = 10% (y+y+y+y+y), where x = the sum of y's

He meant that "[you would not' fee[l] hurt as much". It's fine you lose a dollar a day but not $30K ( 80 year life X 365 days)

Dipstik
06-09-2014, 02:14 PM
You think that's what he meant, huh? You have an incredibly optimistic outlook on life. Personally, I never underestimate the capacity for stupidity on the internet.

GucciMane
06-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Yes OP, give T10 players a platform to celebrate their useless mod

1Shot
06-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Don't judge my math skills, I'm not that kind of person.

Winnson
06-09-2014, 03:21 PM

LOL! You're alright!

LOL!

Nighteg
06-09-2014, 03:39 PM

Nothing personal, but you always make the most retarded posts.
https://c.mql5.com/3/25/picard-facepalm31e.jpg

Dipstik
06-09-2014, 03:47 PM
I wish! Picard's so dreamy!

SollyLlama
06-09-2014, 04:45 PM
I read both the old and new testaments of the bible.

The only time Jesus really got mad was at the money changers.

Just saying.

Jesus got mad at a fig tree when it didn't bear fruit out of season.

Just saying.

CuoreBianconero
06-10-2014, 01:00 AM

lol congratz again

therealbengie
06-10-2014, 04:23 AM
Yes OP, give T10 players a platform to celebrate their useless mod

if you are talking about the free banking then its not useless, its a great mod and I'm glad I got it a couple years ago, really helped increase my iph.

therealbengie
06-10-2014, 04:25 AM

that sir is absolutely impossible to argue, your logic is perfect on that point.

however, if you have 50m and bank 10m 5 times you pay the same. 10%

hexie
06-10-2014, 07:37 AM
however, if you have 50m and bank 10m 5 times you pay the same. 10%

Witchcraft.

I'm sure that is prohibited in the new forum rules, right under seances.

Morgz
06-10-2014, 08:19 AM

The comment was truly mind bottling, for sure. This was well stated before your post. But if that comment "may be the most ignorant thing you have ever heard", then you may have lived a pretty charmed life. The comment have been incorrect, misinformed, or possibly even ignorant...but there are TONS of things in life said that are way more *ignorant* than that.

1Shot
06-10-2014, 09:18 AM
Geeze people can be rude. People make mistakes in life, get used to it, kid.

Dipstik
06-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Geeze people can be rude. People make mistakes in life, get used to it, kid.

I don't.

#smug

namedud
06-10-2014, 12:41 PM
if you are talking about the free banking then its not useless, its a great mod and I'm glad I got it a couple years ago, really helped increase my iph.

If your sig is up to date, you might be in a situation where you need all the help you can get to increase your IPH. I do not have free banking, have always used the bank and paid the 10% fee, and my IPH is more than triple yours.

Still think free banking is a great mod? Because you make it sound pretty useless.

OmgMileyCyrus
06-10-2014, 01:39 PM
If your sig is up to date, you might be in a situation where you need all the help you can get to increase your IPH. I do not have free banking, have always used the bank and paid the 10% fee, and my IPH is more than triple yours.

Still think free banking is a great mod? Because you make it sound pretty useless.free banking is very nice

therealbengie
06-10-2014, 09:31 PM

I bet your momma is so proud!!

Still think free banking is a great mod? Because you make it sound pretty useless.
of course it is, you'd have to have a severely limited mental capacity to think otherwise, would you turn down a 10% payrise from your employer?

congrats on having higher stats btw, just means you've wasted more time/energy/money than me on this game, good work fella!

just FYI 15 months ago my iph was 1mil and its now 20mil, that isn't bad going really. I may have been playing for almost 3 years but I didn't put a great deal of effort into iph at first as there wasn't really much call for it other than bragging rights.

dip.stick
06-10-2014, 11:32 PM

But am sue you can do the math no?

dip.stick
06-10-2014, 11:33 PM
free banking is very nice

Yes for pixel cash!

namedud
06-11-2014, 07:30 AM
I bet your momma is so proud!!

of course it is, you'd have to have a severely limited mental capacity to think otherwise, would you turn down a 10% payrise from your employer?

congrats on having higher stats btw, just means you've wasted more time/energy/money than me on this game, good work fella!

just FYI 15 months ago my iph was 1mil and its now 20mil, that isn't bad going really. I may have been playing for almost 3 years but I didn't put a great deal of effort into iph at first as there wasn't really much call for it other than bragging rights.

We've been playing about the same amount of time, but seeing as I don't give Gree money, IPH has always been the only stat I can work on for free. So I didn't waste years ignoring the only free part of the game.

Every time you gain additional building output the cost of banking is offset. If you were wise enough to pick tycoon as your starting class you essentially started the game with free banking. If you try to convince yourself otherwise you're just being delusional.

Good job proving why Gree continues to release worthless mods. They know there are enough people who don't understand the game and will think anything Gree says is awesome, actually is awesome.

Vasari
06-11-2014, 12:10 PM

I just hope for his sake with this command of mathematics he doesn't spend real money on the game