PDA

View Full Version : Does having so many events "maximizing our gaming experience"?

Rolinz
06-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Way too many events?

Just waiting to see what problem we will be facing with this new LTQ.

Kane Sickle
06-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Very frustrating to have events that overlap or require the same resources.
These concurrent and overlapping energy-based LTQs; just as one was finishing (which also included faction goals) the next one started. Was that by design or is somebody just "asleep at the wheel"?
Multiple events can work, but shouldn't conflict with each other.

Robespierre
06-07-2014, 05:29 PM
This is just my experience; your pinions may vary.

All of the events have caused me to burn-out; I left my very active faction because I do not want to be glued to my phone for hours on end, coordinate fltq participation hit-to-hit, get online to coordinate work on raid boss, be bogged down in chat-apps, and then get criticized by the unemployed/obsessed/addicted for any perceived lack of participation.

I relegated this game back to pre-Greenland activity, and I am much happier. I'll get surpassed in stats and be preyed upon by more active players, and when it gets too annoying, the app will get the red "X." The change in my choice of priorities was bound to happen, and because I understand the dynamics/psychology/motivation of the designers, I have an informed choice. Maybe simple frustration is more influential to others in willingness to spend.

It's a strange balance between boredom with an activity and excitement in a new experience, however I made the choice to not be a mindless tapper completing all of the checklists presented to me.

Pidgeot
06-07-2014, 11:10 PM
No, because it kills the core gameplay. No one does missions because there is never any time to do them.

Shrinko
06-07-2014, 11:32 PM
No, because it kills the core gameplay. No one does missions because there is never any time to do them.

Lol it's so funny. When you mentioned missions, it actually hit me that there was a time when we used to do missions. I forgot all about that.

Pidgeot
06-08-2014, 12:47 AM
Lol it's so funny. When you mentioned missions, it actually hit me that there was a time when we used to do missions. I forgot all about that.

I know right. Now, when I want to do a mission, I have to think about it first because GREE could throw a surprise F/LTQ on you and then you end up wasting 7+ hours trying to regen.

LEGX
06-08-2014, 10:54 AM
I feel like a good 40% of all mission maps are now not worth the time it took to code, let alone the data they take up now. I remember when i found a sub on trident beachhead that i'd farm for cash. Now in a week i have a 2 buildings that put out 10mil each. The game needs reforming, and i think it's hard to do with all these events going on. So, not only is all the events draining on the players, it takes away from the developers' ability to update the game and make it relevant to the elder and newer players.

Dilligaf13
06-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Gree doesn't care, all they care about is making you spend more to complete whatever event they put out there. They will keep putting more and more events out there on top of each other as long as people keep doing them and spending gold to complete them.

AfterHours-Oliver
06-08-2014, 12:04 PM
Great thread. 2.63% think the game is good still. I don't like what it's become and a number of our faction has quit, I will do so soon along with the other 97.37%. Then what's left for Gree?

Slow it down, make it fun again, make it something that doesn't risk people losing reality over. You might make more money in the long term.....

Valynx
06-08-2014, 01:09 PM
I agree with so many Events one after another it doesn't help, people have social Lifes and work and having events on all the time can be Stressful at times.

Rowe1985
06-08-2014, 01:32 PM
It would keep it interesting if there were a variety of events.

So far this cycle. 2 LTQ's with same principle, FTLQ, 2 x WD's etc etc. No respite and events bought closer together.

So I am all for lots of events so long as different rewards and different aspects. Be nice to have more events and a day off here and there.

lemonhaze
06-08-2014, 01:44 PM
it would be fun again if they put a bonus on there other then attack or defense and something that dont cost arm&leg to complete

Dumas
06-08-2014, 04:05 PM
I have been playing for a little over a month now. A good friend got my wife and I involved in it. We have created a small faction for us to compete with since we are all using our phones and tablets to play.

My thoughts in the little time I have been playing.

Initially when I started I was able to do some of the map missions, mostly for the extra skill point received at the end. Now with the latest changes to the LTQ/FLTQ I focus so much on those to try and help us all out that I have only maxed out about 6 or 7 maps. For new/newer players this really sucks.

Personally, I am about to stop all the LTQ events just because I don't see how the are beneficial to me at the moment. On this current one, I couldn't even finish it if I bought 300 vaults of gold because I don't have my Energy bar high enough yet. Really 1600ish on a single hit!! I wasted a lot of skill points on attack and defense in the beginning because I thought that actually helped.

Just some odd guy's .02 cents.....

Rolinz
06-08-2014, 08:49 PM
I hope the new Community Manager reads this and replies to with his opinion.

ckos2
06-09-2014, 02:09 AM
I relegated this game back to pre-Greenland activity, and I am much happier. I'll get surpassed in stats and be preyed upon by more active players, and when it gets too annoying, the app will get the red "X." The change in my choice of priorities was bound to happen, and because I understand the dynamics/psychology/motivation of the designers, I have an informed choice. Maybe simple frustration is more influential to others in willingness to spend.

It's a strange balance between boredom with an activity and excitement in a new experience, however I made the choice to not be a mindless tapper completing all of the checklists presented to me.

I did this a LONG time ago, even before there were back-to-back/overlapping events.

I've been gold/event free for many months, temporarily joining the odd faction if there is a bonus I particularly like.

I enjoy the game more now, accepting that I have become a tasty treat to many who have now surpassed me in stats, but also no longer being a slave to my phone.

The stress and frustration with these glitches, hacks, and other issues of this broken game, no longer bother me because I took back the only thing I could...control of this game.

It saddens me to have a game which I enjoyed enough to spend all this time (since the beginning) and money on get run into the ground by corporate greed and mismanagement.

Agent Orange
06-09-2014, 06:35 AM
I did this a LONG time ago, even before there were back-to-back/overlapping events.

I've been gold/event free for many months, temporarily joining the odd faction if there is a bonus I particularly like.

I enjoy the game more now, accepting that I have become a tasty treat to many who have now surpassed me in stats, but also no longer being a slave to my phone.

The stress and frustration with these glitches, hacks, and other issues of this broken game, no longer bother me because I took back the only thing I could...control of this game.

It saddens me to have a game which I enjoyed enough to spend all this time (since the beginning) and money on get run into the ground by corporate greed and mismanagement.

Yes pulling the pin is the best solution. I quit my faction for similar reasons, really enjoyed the company of my team mates but the relentless roll out of time consuming events killed it. The lack of any real strategy in a game that should be a strategy game sealed it's fate.

Robspierre pretty much summed it up for me as well. At this point in time I think the game has gone too far out of control, if it got throttled back the addicts might very well quit and since they have no revenue plan B to make money from casual players they will kill the game.

The spread between the heavy gold spenders and hackers is so big compared to the casual spenders that they have no hope of ever catching up. Why I now think the WD leaderboard is irrelevant though that event is still the best they have.

I think in order to salvage this situation Gree really needs to actually listen to it's customer base finally. Make WD a once a month event and for the rest of the month have challenges that don't tie you to your device 24/7.

Fix the glitches, nuke the hackers and make the game fun. Failing that the game is doomed.

2MblaZ
06-09-2014, 07:23 AM
I think we all come to understand that mods in this forum have absolutely NO control over how this game is being run by management - they do NOT control events, only [hopefully] convey some of our frustration during some weekly [?] meetings or in form of memos. If actual decision maker(s) would step into this arena and realize the overwhelming frustration their disconnected decisions are making, perhaps they would listen, otherwise in a corporate world - only numbers talk, and if they still produce desired/minimum revenues - they will keep going same path, maybe our mods would even want them to change direction, but they are NOT capable of influencing anything most likely, hence lame excuses and I'm sure they don't feel very comfy spitting same lame excuse in form of "..sorry... and thank you for your support"...