PDA

View Full Version : GREE - Fix/extend the clock! You're about to screw a lot of us

TheDanimal
06-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Kindly extend the clock to compensate for us not being able to declare within the last hour.
Honest oversight form using the existing WD framework and shortening wars to 30mins, but please make up for it. Thanks!

~The Players

Only fair solution I see to this is to give all factions a bonus win.

Shrinko
06-07-2014, 10:35 AM
You think anyone is gonna read it on a Saturday?

backstabber
06-07-2014, 10:36 AM
Yes we are currenty 6480 points out of top 400....and go to declare with 35 minutes left and get locked out. What a waste...

killbillbst
06-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Yes we are currenty 6480 points out of top 400....and go to declare with 35 minutes left and get locked out. What a waste...

Should have tried harder earlier

Delta Strike
06-07-2014, 10:37 AM
No lol GREE will say next month will be better but really It won't be any better at all they will **** at least 1 event up or the units for finishing an event will be ****

Shrinko
06-07-2014, 10:41 AM
Should have tried harder earlier

You win the award for the smartest comment of the year.

Bobar
06-07-2014, 10:56 AM
They just did not change the settings as they are at normal wd`s with 1hour. As everyone was affected the same way, no problem i would say

Loki KAD
06-07-2014, 10:59 AM
They just did not change the settings as they are at normal wd`s with 1hour. As everyone was affected the same way, no problem i would say

Well maybe you say that coz it doesn't affect you, when the shoe is on the other foot let's see how calm you are!

TheDanimal
06-07-2014, 11:02 AM

I disagree with you. A reasonable person would assume that the declare cut-off time would be adjusted to compliment the shortened war length.

Fair solution - give ALL factions 1 bonus win

dispatch_me
06-07-2014, 11:04 AM

Yeah, I'm sure it's not a problem for all the factions that were waiting to make a final push to the next reward tier or to push to stay within rank. Let's not forget about the ones that were at 29 wins and counting on declaring within the last 30 mins for the final one. Oh, and those that wanted to score more points to push them to the next individual reward tier.

Yep, I can see how this is not a problem.

Shrinko
06-07-2014, 11:06 AM

It didn't affect most factions because most factions don't spend a lot of gold, but it affected a number of factions and individuals since some factions make a big push at the end. Everyone expected to fight in the final hour. Some people wanted to make a push and got screwed but greedy gree mostly screwed the self because gold wasn't spent and wasn't bought in the last hour. Makes me happy

Kiko Matsing
06-07-2014, 11:10 AM
And a new LTQ started and just canceled the 2hr remaining on the prebious, A never ending fun at gree land LOL

Sirius
06-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Hey Guys,

I do apologize for the late update to everyone on the forums but the one hour cease fire has been apart of the event for awhile and folks should know by now how it works.

For this event it seems many folks were confused by this and figured it would have just been a 30 min lock out and planned for that. Sadly that was not the case but, we are taking into factor everyone's complaints and will consider how we can avoid this moving forward.

Again we do apologize for any confusion and next time we will have it noted so we can avoid issues such as this from happening.

corey0025
06-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Here's the issue...yes the one hour cease fire has been part of the normal world domination event when it is three days long and wars are an hour, but when you introduce a new event one would think that if there are 30 minute battles there would be a thirty minute cease fire. This is all avoided if you tell us what the rules of the game are and not make us guess as to how to play your game. It's not ok to let everyone sit in the dark.

backstabber
06-07-2014, 12:07 PM
Hey sirius, everyone knows that there can be no wars in the last hour of a 1hour WD event. This prevents people from declaring with 45 minutes left and getting 45 minutes of battle time... But a 'normal' person would expect that a 30 minute WD format would prevent people from getting a final battle with less than 30 minutes, so lock out would be at the 30 mark...

So basically you transformed a 24h event in a 23.5h event as in the normal WD is a full 72h event...
That is why people assumed it would work this way...

lemonhaze
06-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Hey Guys,

I do apologize for the late update to everyone on the forums but the one hour cease fire has been apart of the event for awhile and folks should know by now how it works.

For this event it seems many folks were confused by this and figured it would have just been a 30 min lock out and planned for that. Sadly that was not the case but, we are taking into factor everyone's complaints and will consider how we can avoid this moving forward.

Again we do apologize for any confusion and next time we will have it noted so we can avoid issues such as this from happening.

how can u even say that sirus? yes 1hr has been apart of it but today it was 30 mins not 1hr so common sense tells us that if we got a 30 min battle as long as we get to declare b4 the war time would be up we would be fine..how about the gold used are u all taking that into account as well *boo ha ha* a little communication would have been really polite of u guys but since seeing it after the event ended and figureing it out for ourself then this is meaningless...we dont know how anything works around here(when it actually does work which is not the case 99% of the time) bc we dont get any type of communication from u all

corey0025
06-07-2014, 12:08 PM
And I will say this again....communication is all we ask...tell us there is a one hour cease fire and our plans change accordingly, don't do an oops after the fact, thanks for your money insult...

Cobra Kai
06-07-2014, 12:16 PM
It's a complete cover by gree. Either way it is fraud. Stated a 24 hr event that wasn't 24 hrs. You scammed money from players based on false pretenses and false information.

Do you even know how many lawyers play this game ?

yoyo1
06-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Hey Guys,

why do we need one hour cease fire?
the minute you start playing with rules in your code you will have problems when you are changing the other rules.
I would say, remove this rule of cease fire, if someone wants to fight for the last 5 minutes and he finds opponent, why do you care?

lemonhaze
06-07-2014, 12:37 PM
It's a complete cover by gree. Either way it is fraud. Stated a 24 hr event that wasn't 24 hrs. You scammed money from players based on false pretenses and false information.

Do you even know how many lawyers play this game ?

apparently not enuff because nothing is ever done here and it gets worse and worse each event

KingDante!
06-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Hey Guys,

Due to your incompetence/borderline retardation (no offense), you all made the individual prizes exactly the same as the last WD event. Because of this, if you end up in the same leaderboard bracket as you did last time you basically receive a useless unit with no boost, because they do not stack.

How will you fix this? Wait.. lemme guess... You wont.

Bobar
06-07-2014, 12:54 PM
I disagree with you. A reasonable person would assume that the declare cut-off time would be adjusted to compliment the shortened war length.

Fair solution - give ALL factions 1 bonus win

Did you really expect gree completly changing everything for this warmed up event?

And i disagree to the arguments "the faction which had one step to go till..." This always effects. You can throw that in every time. Oh. We could not finish the lte within time. Extend it. Oh, we needed 1 more win for this and that streak. Expend it. I cannot see something unfair. All factions been treated the same way - i agree it was not good and gree made another mistake. But no faction had more disadvantages than another. We would have enjoyed one more win for wins in a row too. So we scheduled last battle for 19:25 CET (or in other words 35 minutes before event ends) and got surprised.

CDR Shepard
06-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Hey Guys,

You know why logic had an hour lockdown for regular WD? Because you couldn't fit a whole battle in, so it wouldn't have been fair. Now, you shorten WD to one day and make 30 minute battles. LOGIC would only then say lockdown would be half hour because a full battle couldn't take place. Otherwise why not just shorten the event a full hour in the first place? You're really insulting us with this crap.
There has been many oppertunities to COMMUNICATE these sorts of things, but yet it doesn't happen. If its communicated that lockdown is an hour so no unfair fights, how would you not expect us to think that would change to half hour if the battles did? Listen to your customers GREE. I've almost had it with getting the short end of the stick constantly...

TheDanimal
06-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Hey Guys,

Sirius,

There is a reason why we all are up in arms about this - it was a reasonable assumption. It's simple pattern recognition. I really don't believe we are out of line being upset about this. You're not stranger to this game - you know how the factions work and how time at the end is leveraged.
It's really a dirty play if you stick with the 'tough luck' solution.

Again, I suggest a fair solution - give ALL factions a free bonus win.

-if the coding isn't that simple, just say so
-it costs you guys a small amount of time and labor to code it & the units you give out are all 1's & 0's - costs you nothing... while it costs us real money
-it also helps expedite your goal of maxing out everyone's attack when some of our attack stats go up

TheDanimal
06-07-2014, 01:24 PM
Did you really expect gree completly changing everything for this warmed up event?

And i disagree to the arguments "the faction which had one step to go till..." This always effects. You can throw that in every time. Oh. We could not finish the lte within time. Extend it. Oh, we needed 1 more win for this and that streak. Expend it. I cannot see something unfair. All factions been treated the same way - i agree it was not good and gree made another mistake. But no faction had more disadvantages than another. We would have enjoyed one more win for wins in a row too. So we scheduled last battle for 19:25 CET (or in other words 35 minutes before event ends) and got surprised.

The situations you describe are different than what happened in one respect - the problems arose EARLIER in the events when there was time to adjust. In THIS situation, the problem did not present itself until the end, when there was absolutely no time to compensate.

Normally I would agree with your assessment of the "we could've done xxx if more time" arguments, but I don't believe it applicable here for the aforementioned reason.

This is one of those instances where I truly believe we should be compensated rather than given the 'better luck next time' shove off.

so... rather than let it ride (and you are correct that doing nothing affects everyone equally), Gree should give everyone a free bonus win... or hell, even automatically give everyone the next teir's prize - everyone benefits that way.

CDR Shepard
06-07-2014, 01:28 PM
This goes even futher than just a "one more win". Those needing wins for wrapper prize, those looking to secure individual leader board. This wouldn't be such an issue except for the time/money that those invested to get what they want from this game.

Bobar
06-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Think we can all agree that the way some of gree do their work (Tataaah has a good start) and how they treat their customers is poor.
Another example is the one day earlier started classified ltq. It was scheduled for 8th June before this Mini-WD and is running now. Was probably too much prepping time for them...
If my faction members would not have gotten my friends i would already have deleted this app.

Veritas aequitas
06-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Yes gree probably should have made the change but we all knew that the wd rule is no battles in the last hour. Not happy but unless we heard differently we assumed this to be the case.

That aside, props to gree on a fun day. Take note, this is a great format for the future (with notice and would agree that you announce a change on the last hour to 30 minutes.

My personal hope is this replaces the too long 4 day events.

Greeny1
06-07-2014, 01:57 PM
Well done gree......complaint sent and usual response, also ticket into itunes for the gold spent. This is appalling, units that don't stack and we finished 7k outside one of the top brackets.....nothing will be done, and you wonder why people are leaving the game in droves......

Bluehavana2
06-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Yes gree probably should have made the change but we all knew that the wd rule is no battles in the last hour. Not happy but unless we heard differently we assumed this to be the case.

That aside, props to gree on a fun day. Take note, this is a great format for the future (with notice and would agree that you announce a change on the last hour to 30 minutes.

My personal hope is this replaces the too long 4 day events.

We also knew that the battles in WD were 60 minutes long.
There is no documentation so I always thought that you could not start any battles that would extend beyond the end time of the event.
Epic fail!

Rowe1985
06-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Sirius,

The point is, there is a team of mods etc giving out minimal information, however spending 10-15 mins to confirm exact rules would go a long way. It doesn't have to be the prize list (Would be nice), but to just clarify exactly what is happening would be ideal.

In reality I don't believe this event for one minute was planned, it was clearly suppose to be full assault which had to be pulled an emergency stop gap was put in but not fully thought though. No point in BS people, they would rather know the intentions.

It looks like another raid boss coming soon, bit repetitive this cycle don't ya think!

Shrinko
06-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Hey Guys,

Why don't you stop insulting us with your statements?! While I don't really care about the last hour, I do care about the fact that gree people can never admit that you mess up every time and on everything. You make it sound like it's our fault that we didn't realize that we will be locked out for an hour. Anyone with half of a brain can figure out that you put this event in the last minute and never thought about many factors including the health regeneration and lock out in the last hour. Why can't you just say sorry we failed to consider that feature of the WD event and we will change it in the future? You guys are incompetent and can't even admit your faults.

Kane Sickle
06-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Hey Guys,

Just admit y'all dropped the ball. Please don't ignore the logic YOU applied by setting the 1 hour cutoff when we're fitting 1 hour battles.

We know "how it worked", but we are also smart enough to know "why it was emplaced".

Saying that we should have known is WEAK.

Some intellectual honesty would have been a better way to save face.

Maz
06-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Just admit y'all dropped the ball. Please don't ignore the logic YOU applied by setting the 1 hour cutoff when we're fitting 1 hour battles.

We know "how it worked", but we are also smart enough to know "why it was emplaced".

Saying that we should have known is WEAK.

Some intellectual honesty would have been a better way to save face.

Very well said. Given their own logic and reason as to why they do the 1 hour lock and we understand, I would only make sense to use a 30min lock. This whole event was a last min after thought and it clearly shows.

chad1122
06-07-2014, 03:34 PM
They say it takes a real man to admit his mistakes and not place blame elsewhere. Shouldn't it be the same with a company? I'll admit I should've thought about all the times this game has had a glitch or bug, times events were rushed out in short amount of time before being tested throughly and yea should've thought well what if they decide to make 31 mins in an event where nobody can do anytbing but look at their points n leaderboard lol.. You dropped the ball, just admit it and move on

Rolinz
06-07-2014, 05:09 PM
It is the weekend, no one is at the office right now. :cool:

Notice barely any support on the weekends?

If i am wrong, I apologize to Gree Support.

However, 3 guys working nights and weekends is not enough to support the amount of players in MW. I am just guessing by the lack of support.

CDR Shepard
06-09-2014, 07:05 PM
Still waiting to hear about this GREE

Shrinko
06-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Bump it at 9 am PST :). It will have a better chance to get answered

branditos333
06-09-2014, 07:34 PM
No ones even brought up the people that fell short of their 750 wins because of the cease fire. I myself fell short of the very managable last few to fet my wrapper pruze and boost units for 750. Not to mention the F 'ING infantry defense unit tier I landed in. Yeah I so spent 4 vaults of gold to barely miss my 750 and fall in a worthless infantry defense boost tier. I hate gree. Turn em in to ios or google yall. Demand your refunds. Gree wont listen, your providers will though. Take it over their head and be heard and be compensated and make a statement