PDA

View Full Version : Is reporting hax a waste of time?

Muj
06-05-2014, 11:19 PM
I know a syn in CC which hacks loads of money (and possibly other stuff) and gets full benefit from all these LTBs etc. while everyone else takes 3 years to get to that level.. My Q is if I report them, will support just sent me a generic msg and waste my time or will they actually look into it? It's a gold-user syn as well.
I know one of them who had a L10 Chop shop without anything supporting his income to upgrade it, he couldn't have spent 2000usd on pixel money
(They probably have full bonuses, last i saw 2 months ago they had over 500b in their syn bank when we had a trade deal going).

cave man kid
06-06-2014, 02:59 AM
Pretty much is a big waste of time and big money used to get banned for naming them on the forum

justjon
06-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Sending in tickets, period, is a big waste of time.

montecore
06-06-2014, 12:23 PM
It's been a long time since I've seen Gree take action against a hacker. But sometimes they do. They show clear favoritism to certain players and syndicates, your best bet to get action taken is get someone in TAW to report them.

Tadaaah
06-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Hey guys,

Rest assured there is no favoritism being played. We can't investigate "hackers" if you don't report them. Please report these types of players with as much information as possible so we may look into these incidents. Thank you.

montecore
06-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Hey guys,

Rest assured there is no favoritism being played. We can't investigate "hackers" if you don't report them. Please report these types of players with as much information as possible so we may look into these incidents. Thank you.

So why haven't you banned Trev's sold account, which went by Ivan and now goes by AK47 and sits on the TAW roster? I reported it at least two battles ago. You were quite quick to ban two accounts that were merely swapped between two SAS players, yet you seem content to let this account just sit there and score 1m+ IP for TAW.

How is that not favoritism?

Tadaaah
06-06-2014, 01:01 PM
So why haven't you banned Trev's sold account, which went by Ivan and now goes by AK47 and sits on the TAW roster? I reported it at least two battles ago. You were quite quick to ban two accounts that were merely swapped between two SAS players, yet you seem content to let this account just sit there and score 1m+ IP for TAW.

How is that not favoritism?

Some cases take more time to solve than others. It may be a case that is still currently being looked into. We can't discuss details, but we do need 'hacks' and other such activity reported.

bdub
06-06-2014, 01:09 PM
The case and situation of TAW irregular IP in the last war is a huge one Tadaah and cannot be ignored since there is irrefutable proof this time. It is also something GREE is going to n need to be more transparent on or there will be serious ramifications. Enough is enough with honest players being essentially defrauded.

montecore
06-06-2014, 01:26 PM
The case and situation of TAW irregular IP in the last war is a huge one Tadaah and cannot be ignored since there is irrefutable proof this time. It is also something GREE is going to n need to be more transparent on or there will be serious ramifications. Enough is enough with honest players being essentially defrauded.

It is harder to find better proof than the top five TAW players in terms of IP, tam being in first place, facing SAS in a nonstop PA vs PA battle.

tam scored 81K in four minutes. Reasonable for someone tapping like mad.
The fifth place "Char" (TAW changed all their names to match) scored 1.1 million IP over the same four minutes. You can see him go from fifth place to second.

That is a pace of 16.5m IP per hour.

If you had 10 players doing that, they would score 165m IP in a single match. A single, one hour match.

Isn't the record for an entire weekend something like 128m?

bdub
06-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Just to make what I am saying completely clear: it is time for GREE to do what is right in order to demonstrate that they are not colluding with a particular syndicate to defraud honest paying members of crime city.

killbillbst
06-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Exactly. Without publicly stating what action has been taken against people then the majority of players will still think they get away with it

montecore
06-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Exactly. Without publicly stating what action has been taken against people then the majority of players will still think they get away with it

Particularly when you see the purchased account you reported fighting for TAW and putting up 1m+ in 2-3 battles since it was reported. Everyone in SAS and TAW knows whose account that was.

SpongeBob
06-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Gree (d) doesnīt care if itīs hacked gold as long as others keep on spending real money to try to catch those who cheats.

SpongeBob
06-06-2014, 03:30 PM
and yes...reporting hackers, cheaters or whatever to greed is just a waste of time....move on and play some other game that you find interesting (not a gree (d) game) and find some game developer that thinks that giving their players at least some of a clue what they are expecting from an event is in order...............

The Angry Boodg
06-07-2014, 09:13 AM
Sending in tickets, period, is a big waste of time.

Total waste of time to report...I reported a guy who was building 10 buildings at the same time...even took a screen shot of it and sent to gree...got the standard reply from gree about looking into it...6 months later the player is still on my rival list with much improved iph...oh well...better target for me at least...

namedud
06-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Total waste of time to report...I reported a guy who was building 10 buildings at the same time...even took a screen shot of it and sent to gree...got the standard reply from gree about looking into it...6 months later the player is still on my rival list with much improved iph...oh well...better target for me at least...

Display errors do occur. Deal with it, this game is not perfect.

dip.stick
06-07-2014, 09:46 AM

I agree, total waste of time. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise. They are either employees of G or are too disillusioned to realize anything else ... And you don't have to deal with anything you don't like you are free to complain, you have invested time and/or money in this, so u have the right

The Angry Boodg
06-07-2014, 12:07 PM
Display errors do occur. Deal with it, this game is not perfect.

Hahahaha...right! Good cover hacker!

namedud
06-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Hahahaha...right! Good cover hacker!

This is exactly the problem. You think someone has hacked and they are, in fact, 100% legit. There is nothing anyone can do or say to convince you otherwise. Believe what you wish, but if you report someone and months later they are still there it's very likely they haven't done anything wrong.

Fwiw, I have seen lots of hoods that appear to have several buildings under construction in the past. It was a known display bug and I haven't seen it for a long time, but it was as real a bug as 3 hits per refill during wars, or goal completion on LTQs not counting while energy was still depleted. Only difference is that a display bug has no real impact on anyone or anything important.

Dipstik
06-07-2014, 01:29 PM
I'd like to see them just do a database search for all the players with that 150k or so menorah weapon that should have cost about 2000 gold to obtain (the individual side of the ltq, even assuming their syndicate legitimately finished the sltq) who have never purchased gold. These players obviously used the energy glitch and no one cares. Seems like everyone in my rivals list has it, which makes me feel like a sucker for not cheating.

Molly's Voice
06-07-2014, 01:32 PM
That's because you are.

namedud
06-07-2014, 01:32 PM
I'd like to see them just do a database search for all the players with that 150k or so menorah weapon that should have cost about 2000 gold to obtain (the individual side of the ltq, even assuming their syndicate legitimately finished the sltq) who have never purchased gold. These players obviously used the energy glitch and no one cares. Seems like everyone in my rivals list has it, which makes me feel like a sucker for not cheating.

Does it even really matter? Those who have it and probably didn't get it legit stand out pretty easily, and you can probably beat them up and rob them anyway. Not having it looks better.

Dipstik
06-07-2014, 01:37 PM
No, it doesn't matter. The tilda blade that everyone got with energy glitched guns is worse. My syn couldn't farm even half what was needed that event. Fighting every war with a 25% ip handicapp sucks.

montecore
06-07-2014, 05:19 PM
No, it doesn't matter. The tilda blade that everyone got with energy glitched guns is worse. My syn couldn't farm even half what was needed that event. Fighting every war with a 25% ip handicapp sucks.

good luck joining the mollies with that attitude. they want heart, not excuses.

Dipstik
06-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Oh please... Like a syn as epic as the mollies would ever take me...

Molly's Voice
06-08-2014, 09:55 AM
You'd have a decent shot. But smug can only take you so far. Do you lift?

Winnson
06-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Benching 10 quarters bro!

dip.stick
06-08-2014, 10:23 AM

Hahaha that's funny! So much drama over pixels hahahahaha!

Miss Soprano
06-08-2014, 02:48 PM
I know a syn in CC which hacks loads of money (and possibly other stuff) and gets full benefit from all these LTBs etc. while everyone else takes 3 years to get to that level.. My Q is if I report them, will support just sent me a generic msg and waste my time or will they actually look into it? It's a gold-user syn as well.
I know one of them who had a L10 Chop shop without anything supporting his income to upgrade it, he couldn't have spent 2000usd on pixel money
(They probably have full bonuses, last i saw 2 months ago they had over 500b in their syn bank when we had a trade deal going).

You rat ba$tard! Anybody getting over on gree... I'm all for it. Gree is just a s****** company.

dip.stick
06-08-2014, 06:47 PM

And I am sure the "want some coat" with the .236% mod and the "higher more boots" with the 1.528% mod and the "fast car" with the 10000% mod would make a big difference to your strategy and game play? Hahahahaha hilarious

Ntggamer
06-08-2014, 08:20 PM
OP send a ticket in it will help

GucciMane
06-09-2014, 03:13 PM
I came across a player who had several, repeated T1-3 prizes (for example: 5 or 6 "docks godfathers" when only one was awarded at all), multiples of final prizes, sent in a ticket, and nothing happened.

there's also the common glitch to save hood space and lay certain buildings on the same squares as others. nothing happens to those guys either.

1Shot
06-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Can you even hack on a mobile game? Lol.

iteachem
06-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Can you even hack on a mobile game? Lol.

Well apparently its quite bad in KA this last war

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?93251-Hackers-take-over-war&goto=newpost

Luv4UR Mom
06-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Well apparently its quite bad in KA this last war

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?93251-Hackers-take-over-war&goto=newpost

That thread is an awesome read!

TMI
06-09-2014, 06:58 PM
So that thread is saying that first place and second place were brought about by hacking, so they removed the hacked ip from those syndicates?

TMI
06-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Yes.
Here's the mod quote by tadaaah, bolded by myself for emphasis. Looks like GREE did the right thing here.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?93251-Hackers-take-over-war&p=1317091&viewfull=1#post1317091

"Hello all,

The matter has been brought to our attention. The teams have taken these accusations seriously and dived into an extensive investigation. At the conclusion of said investigation, leaderboards were locked while the teams handled the matter. The leaderboards have been corrected and unfrozen. The matter has been resolved.

Players that abuse our systems have been removed from the game along with their contributions to teams. Any further abuse of the games system will result in immediate action against any player that breaks our Terms of Service.

Thank you for your reports and patience on this matter."

montecore
06-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Yes.
Here's the mod quote by tadaaah, bolded by myself for emphasis. Looks like GREE did the right thing here.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?93251-Hackers-take-over-war&p=1317091&viewfull=1#post1317091

"Hello all,

The matter has been brought to our attention. The teams have taken these accusations seriously and dived into an extensive investigation. At the conclusion of said investigation, leaderboards were locked while the teams handled the matter. The leaderboards have been corrected and unfrozen. The matter has been resolved.

Players that abuse our systems have been removed from the game along with their contributions to teams. Any further abuse of the games system will result in immediate action against any player that breaks our Terms of Service.

Thank you for your reports and patience on this matter."

So since TAW's hacker put up ~5m IP, that means that SAS actually won last battle! Nice work!

TMI
06-09-2014, 07:30 PM
So since TAW's hacker put up ~5m IP, that means that SAS actually won last battle! Nice work!

Can you repost the quote so it can be read here. I don't know how to do it.

Thanks

And i think you mean war.

Dipstik
06-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Since no action was taken here and since now we know gree adjusts for hackers ip, looks like sas lost legitimately again!

iteachem
06-09-2014, 07:33 PM
how similar are the KA and CC platforms. Hopefully whatever was pulled over there can be addressed in the code so it doesn't happen here.

TMI
06-09-2014, 07:34 PM
However, GREE has already admitted that the taw player was a hacker. Those are in PMs with the company, that I obviously can't put up here.
But if you'd like, shoot me a PM and i can add you to a room in groupme. Although it's probably gone around to you by now.

Since no action was taken here and since now we know gree adjusts for hackers ip, looks like sas lost legitimately again!

Dipstik
06-09-2014, 07:44 PM
However, GREE has already admitted that the taw player was a hacker. Those are in PMs with the company, that I obviously can't put up here.
But if you'd like, shoot me a PM and i can add you to a room in groupme. Although it's probably gone around to you by now.

Oh sure... The old "it's been proven, but I can't say how" canard... Calling people out as cheaters is against the rules too, you know.

TMI
06-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Oh sure... The old "it's been proven, but I can't say how" canard... Calling people out as cheaters is against the rules too, you know.

Huh? What are you talking about? GREE banned that player. What canard? The player got banned...by GREE.

btw, welcome back, I know I'm late saying it, but I haven't been on the forums for a while. :)

I love tacos
06-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Oh sure... The old "it's been proven, but I can't say how" canard... Calling people out as cheaters is against the rules too, you know.You should know!!

Dipstik
06-09-2014, 07:58 PM
Huh? What are you talking about? GREE banned that player. What canard? The player got banned...by GREE.

Yeah? Well... Um...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HdKUCQSt0Mg/TlMYA9vjJZI/AAAAAAAAAgI/IXObGIc2N2U/s1600/rage_face.jpg

Captain Torgue
06-09-2014, 09:02 PM

Lies and SAS propaganda.

mnju_03
06-09-2014, 09:52 PM
this game is not hackable. trust me, i play a dr on tv.

namedud
06-09-2014, 10:53 PM
how similar are the KA and CC platforms. Hopefully whatever was pulled over there can be addressed in the code so it doesn't happen here.

I don't have the patience to search for it, but I'm sure I saw a mod once post that the KA and CC platforms are quite different in many ways. Having played KA for the first year of its existence before "winning", I would agree with that statement. I haven't played KA in a long time though, well over a year, so I don't know what's changed.

mnju_03
06-10-2014, 10:34 PM
dont you argue with teachem!

dip.stick
06-10-2014, 11:37 PM
Why would you hack a game? To get 54 billion pixel cash? Trying to compensate fir other deficiencies eh?