PDA

View Full Version : Culture Shock

General Soviet
06-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Hey guys, I've just gotten back into Modern War today, and it has been awhile since I've played, and I mean, AWHILE. I just got a winter daily reward from last year, and I've got oil tankers for carrying all of my unread reports. You can buy units that would've costed hundreds of dollars for 20k valor, and there are way too many types of events to count.

I'd like to get back into things in the game, and even the forums, and NOT be at a total loss, so if anyone has any helpful advice or funny forum stories that would catch me up, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Edbl79
06-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Go back to whatever it was you were doing yesterday. Run, run now and run fast away from here.

Dirty Mind
06-05-2014, 07:15 PM
RUN!!!!! Just kidding. Just start by getting into a faction and building up your stats again. the average stats are about 100X what they were a year ago.

Dirty Mind
06-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Go back to whatever it was you were doing yesterday. Run, run now and run fast away from here.
Jinx. lmao

Jaebee
06-05-2014, 07:27 PM
What's up GS,

Sadly I tend to agree with those who posted already, unless you hit the lottery recently. Things have changed up so much since the old VFF Charlie days, I wouldn't know where to begin. More and more leave the game daily it seems, or at least decide to go gold free and into semi-retirement.

With the ridiculous stat inflation, you could start completing events and have a decent enough attack and defense after a month or two, but you would still be so far behind so many, it would be pointless in the long run.

Sorry to sound so negative, hope you are doing well.

Jb

P.S. Some have even decided to take their clan and go elsewhere to clash...lol

General Soviet
06-05-2014, 07:43 PM
P.S. Some have even decided to take their clan and go elsewhere to clash...lol
Oh god...I didn't think it would ever be that bad to come to that, haha.

LarryJackson
06-05-2014, 08:04 PM
One thing to check, see how much valor you have tucked away.
A lot of us older players had millions of valor saved
and were able to bulk up rapidly by buying the top valor units.

Good Luck!

General Soviet
06-05-2014, 08:31 PM
One thing to check, see how much valor you have tucked away.
A lot of us older players had millions of valor saved
and were able to bulk up rapidly by buying the top valor units.

Good Luck!
I knew hoarding it would pay off one day. Thanks, time to get more stats in 5 minutes than I did in 2 years!

iamnasty
06-06-2014, 12:06 AM
yep, cold war is over, old Soviet is no more, it's Russia now

Shrinko
06-06-2014, 12:28 AM
yep, cold war is over, old Soviet is no more, it's Russia now

You think? Have you been paying attention to the news? We are back to Cold War. Thanks to Obama and Putin

iamnasty
06-06-2014, 12:50 AM
You think? Have you been paying attention to the news? We are back to Cold War. Thanks to Obama and Putin

probably yes and no BUT will Soviet ever resurface ???

Gerard Figallo
06-06-2014, 05:34 AM
upgrade an advanced airbase too level 10 and spend all your valour on the level 10 units, then stock your army with captain trawlers (level 9 unit)

Q Raider
06-06-2014, 06:32 AM
Add to above only buy units in lots of 50.

Gree's "math monkey" went ape and the best value is gained from buying lots of 50, not 100 as you would expect.

Jhenry02
06-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Hello GS, long time no see.

I'd turn tail and run if I were you.