PDA

View Full Version : Mods/Designers Can We PLEASE Have This Fix

TheWarthog
06-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Let me preface this by saying I am not whining about trigger rates or any aspect of the game as played by reasonable people. I'm asking for a change to block UNreasonable players from making the game UNfun for the rest of us. I'm not flaming anybody in particular. I'm asking seriously for a fix to a problem.

So we are in the middle of the Epic Boss. Which means to trigger a boss we have to accomplish things. Cool with that. I'm doing the LTQ to trigger some, attacking and robbing to trigger others. Cool with that. I'm getting attacked and robbed by other people so that they can trigger bosses. Cool with that. I'm getting revenge attacks from the people that I hit. Cool with that too, to a point. What I am not cool with is some vindictive (insert explicative here) who is so irrational and gets so (petty) peeved when he a loses a little bit of money that he has sells off all off ALL of his money buildings, waits to get attacked and camps in other people's hoods and hits them every hour to get an income, since he sold everything.

The request is, can we PLEASE have the news feed to automatically delete after maybe, I dunno, 24 or even 36 hours so that these low/no income building/poor money managing twerps can't dwell in our hoods for days on end?

Please?

Fredfreddy
06-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Pretty sure that already happens, my news feed only goes back 2 days

TheWarthog
06-05-2014, 06:50 PM
I'm not sure what the time it to reset is. Sometimes I have news feed drop after a matter of hours. Sometimes its days. I don't mind losing a little money, its part of the game. But when I have someone hit me hourly for days on end, and they have no income at all for retribution it kinda sucks. I built my income to 6m per hour. Having a 0 iph haunt me daily is infuriating.

Dipstik
06-05-2014, 07:40 PM
It never resets. The news feed is 50 or 60 actions long, and a link cycles off it when it gets pushed off. If the other person never gets attacked/robbed, your link might sit there forever.

TheWarthog
06-05-2014, 08:15 PM
I've had it disappear, but it is completely random the way that it happens. Right now I have news feeds only from "1 day ago", yet the last time I hit the twerp that is robbing me was easily 2 days ago.

Dipstik
06-05-2014, 08:23 PM
The items on your news feed are completely unrelated to the items on his. And the times your news reset were errors.

TheWarthog
06-05-2014, 10:16 PM
I understand that his news feed has no impact on mine. If what you say is true that it can stay for extended periods of time, and IF the changes made recently are supposed to have the result of making people play the game the way it was intended, and IF the building of IPH is a part of that intention, then this request should be in line with those goals and a change they should support without hesitation. Right?

Mirmur
06-05-2014, 10:29 PM
It's crime city.. So if you get robbed and can't rob back, it's just a strategy. Would be same if you were camped by a playervyou can't beat.
Sounds unfair ti block that..

TheWarthog
06-06-2014, 04:38 AM
Let me make sure I understand your response...It seems unfair to limit the number of days (not block, just limit) that someone who refuses to play one aspect of the game so he can exploit someone else who plays all aspects, because he cant handle having done to him what he does to others? Is that what you're saying?

Nighteg
06-06-2014, 05:21 AM
Let me make sure I understand your response...It seems unfair to limit the number of days (not block, just limit) that someone who refuses to play one aspect of the game so he can exploit someone else who plays all aspects, because he cant handle having done to him what he does to others? Is that what you're saying?

That's what he's saying.
But keep in mind, that these "leaches" eventually lose from this "strategy". They can't afford the SLTQ weapons, they can't afford the LTBs and they can't help their syn with reasonable donations. Overall, they miss out on 70% of what this game is all about.

namedud
06-06-2014, 05:24 AM
The "new" rivals list pretty much renders news feed obsolete. I think the real fix that needs to be addressed is, you guessed it, this joke of a rivals list!

Or Gree could just remove the news entirely, but then there would be nothing to make you frustrated enough to buy gold. In the mobile gaming business they call it "fun pain". :rolleyes:

TheWarthog
06-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Overall, they miss out on 70% of what this game is all about.

Kinda why I don't think gree should make it easy on them to leech.

Fun pain. Yeah. Like draining a boil.

TobysPaw
06-07-2014, 10:42 AM
They can find you in the rivals list anyway if they're that hell-bent on revenge. Personally I'd be overjoyed if I forced someone to rage-sell their entire hood, but you can avoid the "problem" by using Carmen to trigger bosses.

sister morphine
06-07-2014, 11:33 AM
They can find you in the rivals list anyway if they're that hell-bent on revenge. Personally I'd be overjoyed if I forced someone to rage-sell their entire hood, but you can avoid the "problem" by using Carmen to trigger bosses.
Yeah, some people are just - insert whichever expletive deleted you prefer. You can get annoyed with them or just mock them relentlessly. It's all in the game!

is1j
06-08-2014, 09:27 PM
I think the real problem is the rivals list not the news feed. Gree screwed this one really bad and here are the consequences. Having rivals matched by IPH rather than stats would have made a lot more sense. But I feel Gree developers lost it long time ago.

Winnson
06-09-2014, 09:31 AM
You know, I hated the rivals list when it first came out, but I like it now.

I have no problem with getting camped either. I'll be there when my buildings pop up, so you camp away you buildingless wonder.

In fact, I think it would be totally awesome if I made someone so mad they sold off all their buildings and tried to camp me! That is totally hilarious!

LOL!