PDA

View Full Version : Stop buying gold!

Biffon69
06-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Unless you stop buying gold Gree(dy) will continue to make events harder and harder to complete without spending ridiculous amounts of money on gold.

You are lining the pocket of a company that doesn't care about its customers.

This game, and CC, used to be fun but now they are just getting to be a joke.

STOP BUYING GOLD!!

ScrewThis
06-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Thread is about to self-desctruct in....

5..... 4..... 3..... 2..... 1.....

Shrinko
06-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Yeah lol. I've been saying that for a long long time, but here are just too many people with bellow average cognitive capacity playing with game. They keep throwing money at gree and then complain about it.

Shrinko
06-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Wow, this thread hasn't been taken down yet. At least that tells us that Tadaaah is not CJ with a different nick. Maybe gree did get a new person who might do things differently. Old mods/devs would've shut this thread down in a sec. :)

Tadaaah
06-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Posting thread just to cause unrest in the forums are neither constructive nor within the Forum Code of Conduct.

But, let's give you a chance. If you can turn this into a constructive conversation. We'll allow it to continue.

Shrinko
06-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Posting thread just to cause unrest in the forums are neither constructive nor within the Forum Code of Conduct.

But, let's give you a chance. If you can turn this into a constructive conversation. We'll allow it to continue.

None of the players gets disturbed by threads like this. You already had a taste yesterday and today of what causes real "unrest" around here :)

Cobra Kai
06-05-2014, 04:54 PM
What I think we all are agreed upon is that we are willing to pay for certain aspects of the game to gain an advantage over others. Say, quicker crate rejuvenation or more scratchers or additional hits during FA and wde. But every event requiring a mortgage payment to complete and be competitive in are not feasible.

We are willing and have been in te past to make sure we aim a +x energy or regen rate % to gain that competitive advantage. But not every single event requiring us to not use strategy of our capabilities vs time but to expect us to simply buy our way to a completed event.

In the past, with no responses and condescending ones when we do get them the OP of this thread feels and many of us agree the only way to generate a response or action on the part of Gree has been to hit them in the pocketbook. We are hoping that you as our conduit to management can make them see that they are destroying this game from te inside out.

Tadaaah
06-05-2014, 05:23 PM
What I think we all are agreed upon is that we are willing to pay for certain aspects of the game to gain an advantage over others. Say, quicker crate rejuvenation or more scratchers or additional hits during FA and wde. But every event requiring a mortgage payment to complete and be competitive in are not feasible.

We are willing and have been in te past to make sure we aim a +x energy or regen rate % to gain that competitive advantage. But not every single event requiring us to not use strategy of our capabilities vs time but to expect us to simply buy our way to a completed event.

In the past, with no responses and condescending ones when we do get them the OP of this thread feels and many of us agree the only way to generate a response or action on the part of Gree has been to hit them in the pocketbook. We are hoping that you as our conduit to management can make them see that they are destroying this game from te inside out.

First off, kudos to you, good sir. I asked for constructive and that is exactly what you have delivered. This very well worded and brings up sound feedback.

lemonhaze
06-05-2014, 05:31 PM
First off, kudos to you, good sir. I asked for constructive and that is exactly what you have delivered. This very well worded and brings up sound feedback.

talk to management and tell them to stop putting the same old boring a/d bonus on WD..we all would love to see a health regan unit,cash output bonus and energy regan,upgrade cost reduction and upgrade time reduction..if they give us things like this that make us excited then we have no issue to spend some gold to get it but to a point that it costs 10 vaults to do..the product sales its self with a little tweaking and listen to what the customers what and not what a CEO says then u guys would more then triple ur profits

Q Raider
06-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Aside from other points mentioned above I stopped buying Gold a long time ago.

1. Despite many requests Gree STILL keeps the "instant purchase" selections (Ally/stamina/Energy/Scratcher) at the START of the rolling banner and no doubt gets a lot of false purchases because of this obviously deliberate placement. All the others have a confirm, the energy and stamina have a confirm in the main section so why not the same in the special area.....

2. There are other instances of what can only be explained as DELIBERATE placement of instant purchase icons "underneath" normal play icons and though game lag will often require you to multi-hit a normal game play icon, instant purchase icons NEVER fail to activate...and seemingly without the lag that pervades the rest of the game. (This is not restricted to MW, in WoN it can cause many thousands of Gold to be incorrectly spent.

To be fair if you contacted them after getting that unwanted purchase a refund would be made.....but then Gree decided to no longer do this....which is the precise time I decided that they would never see another cent of cash.....

andy2
06-05-2014, 06:34 PM
Aside from other points mentioned above I stopped buying Gold a long time ago.

1. Despite many requests Gree STILL keeps the "instant purchase" selections (Ally/stamina/Energy/Scratcher) at the START of the rolling banner and no doubt gets a lot of false purchases because of this obviously deliberate placement. All the others have a confirm, the energy and stamina have a confirm in the main section so why not the same in the special area.....

2. There are other instances of what can only be explained as DELIBERATE placement of instant purchase icons "underneath" normal play icons and though game lag will often require you to multi-hit a normal game play icon, instant purchase icons NEVER fail to activate...and seemingly without the lag that pervades the rest of the game. (This is not restricted to MW, in WoN it can cause many thousands of Gold to be incorrectly spent.

To be fair if you contacted them after getting that unwanted purchase a refund would be made.....but then Gree decided to no longer do this....which is the precise time I decided that they would never see another cent of cash.....

Solid point. I actually have a ticket in from today about accidentally buying a set of 3 crates as there was no confirm button and it got tapped on start up. Its pathetic that they so obviously set this up in an effort to make people hit the buttons. I have never purchased a single crate before and encourage them to take away the sad units I got and return the gold mistakenly spent. If they don't do so my spending will certainly go down, likely to 0. Perfect instance of where simple customer support can keep or lose a paying customer.

duesy
06-06-2014, 04:54 AM
Sorry to post here... But I have no permissions to post a new thread, so found the most relevant

Since the recent ( about two or so ) updates, my game freezes.
As a result, I'll end up selling buildings, or using gold without seeing the confirmation dialogue
I've asked for support on this and been told it's my issue.

But it's not.
1. Is anyone else having this issue?
2. can Gree help me please?

Can someone start a new thread with my post?

Mastert55!
06-06-2014, 06:14 AM
Sorry to post here... But I have no permissions to post a new thread, so found the most relevant

As a result, I'll end up selling buildings, or using gold without seeing the confirmation dialogue

But it's not.

I lost my best buildings to this and only threatened to quit completely that I got a somewhat non rhetorical response. But after a year if waiting for Gree, I got them back. Good luck with your tickets buddy!

duesy
06-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Thank you for your reply... Sheesh a year.?
I won't be around that long to wait... Poor customer service.. :(
Anyway, I tried to do the right thing
Submit a ticket- 3 times now
Post here...( as above)

Sometimes the right thing isn't enough..
Next choice... Stop playing

I do agree with the 'no gold' .... It's a statement.

NexusImperium
06-06-2014, 11:59 AM
I agree with the general sentiment and I'll add my thoughts to the discussion.

I think generally there are 3 camps of players in any F2P game like MW.
1) Casual Players - F2P
2) Committed Players - Mostly F2P with some gold spenders on occasion
3) "Whales" - P2W and arguably the demographic centered around the F2P business model

Casual players might pick up the game and are entertained by it, but don't put any real time or effort into the game and typically don't put any real effort into the events, and likely go inactive after a period of time. Some might spend a bit of gold out of curiosity's sake.

Committed players focus on growth in the game and participate on a high level in events. They will spend gold where they get the biggest bang for the buck.

Whales as they're known in the industry (co-worker of mine worked for EA games and these players are referred to as 'whales' internally at that company) aim to be in the top 1% of players and will do whatever it takes to get there. They can be willing to spend up to as much as $300-500 per month and game companies try to do what they can to find ways to get whales to spend their money.

If you look at the WD results, the whales in this game are FAR AND ABOVE the rest of the 98% of the players in this game. They've demonstrated that they're willing to dump an ASTOUNDING amount of money into the game to be at the top. Gree has continually adjusted events to keep pace with the whales. As a result, the budget-conscious players have seen huge event-requirement inflation - essentially a progressive moving target.

That is the problem.

I'd like for Gree to adjust their tactics to benefit the dedicated, active players. The secret is that whales are typically only oriented toward being at the top of a leaderboard, and this can be accomplished without punishing, or otherwise setting impossible standards for the average guy.

Most F2P games (like Castle Clash/Clash of Clans, etc) reward their players for their participation by allowing them to become strong. In fact, in order to become strong, you have to play these games regularly. On the other hand, in MW, the opposite is also true. Players can simply spend a lot of money to leapfrog the competition. This creates a big gap between the dedicated fanbase and the folks who want to be the best.

NaRciS
06-06-2014, 12:03 PM

To be honest Kudos to you for keeping this running!

We might be able to get somewhere if the points are kept constructive.

pick_sax
06-06-2014, 12:39 PM
i had the gold thing happen the other day. on the most stupid of things, a scratcher! slow screen refresh, typeahead enabled, and no confirmation. was told to take a no. who would be that junk willingly? no one!

last night i got bit by the building upgrade glitch. even sold two other buildings to get them money for the upgrade "now". had the cash on hand. tried to upgrade. yeah right. we'll fix it sooner or later, in the mean time, please go pound sand.

gree support sucks! pure and simple. although, to make it a positive post! they told me no fast!

But it's not.

Tadaaah
06-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Thanks for keeping this thread, mostly, constructive. There is a gearing change in making sure that customer services are moving in the right direction. Your feedback here is very helpful.

Demo
06-06-2014, 07:41 PM
^^^^^ Someone drank tooo much kool aid :D

duesy
06-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Thanks for keeping this thread, mostly, constructive. There is a gearing change in making sure that customer services are moving in the right direction. Your feedback here is very helpful.

Thank you for commenting, but for me, I've lost some gold ( over 400 bars)and a building due the game freezing,... And have written numerous times to ask for some help and been told it's my problem numerous times.
This happens constantly... The game freezing or lagging out.

I may not be a whale, but I have chosen not to be disappointed again,
Your customer service agents do not seem to understand that telling me it's my fault only results In a very upset player...

Now I'm just very upset.

borov
06-07-2014, 09:29 AM
^^^^^ Someone drank tooo much kool aid :D

Now now he DID say to keep it constructive lol

Dixie_Boy
06-07-2014, 10:39 AM
There is a gearing change in making sure that customer services are moving in the right direction.

Care to share information about this "change"?

Shrinko
06-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Care to share information about this "change"?

Lol. The change was to hire a new messanger. Given that I like Tadaaah so far, there is Obsolutely nothing he is going to be able to change. The problem is with the management and incompitent event planning and programming.

Tony81
06-07-2014, 01:41 PM
You know what has worked for me? Removing my credit card from my iTunes account. Every time I want to buy gold, I have to exit mw, go into iTunes, and a card. Guess what... I haven't finished that cycle. CC removed = no money for gree. When they start releasing events without issues and stop blaming us for the problems, then MAYBE I'll be here as a paying customer. I have a feeling us "small-folks" are actually hitting them where it hurts... the wallets. Because god knows they surely don't have balls.

Edit: (And this is directed at the company. Not mods/devs. You have the biggest balls of them all to waste your career at such an inept company)

Rolinz
06-07-2014, 04:27 PM

Just curious about the gearing change and your informative response would be most helpful.

Will the changes be happening in the near future? and what is your definition of near future?

Typically, when projects or improvement to business models are planned out, a timeline is also planned out. It might not be exact at times, but still companies try and project these things.

Is there an estimate as to when changes to customer service might occur to better improve it? 1 month, 6 months, 12 months, 24 months? Some people are not willing to wait too long.

I am some of those people not willing to wait. For me, 1 month to 2 months max, is my estimate when the gold I have been saving will run out then switch to be a gold-free player.

Dazzj10
06-07-2014, 05:20 PM
So now everyone kept it constructive what are you/gree going todo with the info that people are giving
Raving

Esohceekayes
06-07-2014, 05:33 PM

But it's not.

The exact same thing happened to me. I lost a fully upgraded boost building, 97 gold, and then 115 gold. Three tickets later, and I've been told that it's my problem, and I can suck it. As a result, I am no longer spending one cent on this game. I am a completely free player now.

I won't even get into the WD reward I'm due from a year ago that they never gave my faction. All tickets went unanswered.

Shrinko
06-07-2014, 05:35 PM
So now everyone kept it constructive what are you/gree going todo with the info that people are giving
Raving
The same thing they did the last time they asked for our feedback: let the thread with feedback go far far into the land of no return and do absolutely nothing different.