PDA

View Full Version : Please Rename LTB's to LTPB's

Morgz
06-05-2014, 09:35 AM
It's now been since February, and 6 full LTB's priced at $100 million or higher. Not since the throwboack arcade in February have relatively new players been able to participate in this feature of the game. It's all good. The Long Time Players seem to have gotten the short end of the stick in multiple other aspects of the game, so maybe this has become Gree's version of reparations.

It's fine...yes, I'm a little butt-hurt over it. Since I've only been playing since December, and didn't really know what I was doing until Feb / March, there is no possible way for a player in my shoes to build the iph required to earn that amount, and no way to rob that much at the level / rival list I have. So, I accept it. The rich will continue to get richer, the strong will get stronger.

It would be nice to change the name though (to Long Time Players Buildings) so newer players like myself don't get our hopes up to participate in a faction of the game we were once able to participate in.

And, as always, even though it is impossible for me to purchase, I can still rob them I guess :)

aron
06-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Since I've only been playing since December

This is where u fail. Why the heck did you start play, didn't u see the forum was overloaded with complaints? It's getting worse and worse. Get out while u still can is my advice to you.

Me, I rather play with my CoC.

mxz
06-05-2014, 11:15 AM
If you were better at the game you could buy them. Take Lupo's class on game mechanics, for a start.

OmgMileyCyrus
06-05-2014, 12:14 PM
When I started, I couldn't afford the NIS, WSFG, Psgoda, Dockside mill, Shiner still, etc etc. I'm not on the forum crying. I built my iph up and now I can buy any ltb gree throws at me. Put your man pants on OP, get off the forum and in the game building.

Morgz
06-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Admittedly, I'm a bit of a tard. I also need to correct myself. It's only been 5 months, since Vinnies Chop Shop was actually only $50 mil, not $100 mil.

But the fact still remains, I stink at this game, and want to be better. Until then, I would appreciate an LTB that I can afford.

Morgz
06-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Easy there Miley. That's awfully insulting!

I'm in the game building....a bunch of less expensive, less lucrative stuff.

1Shot
06-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Quit complaining, you just don't know how to build IPH.

Morgz
06-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Quit complaining, you just don't know how to build IPH.

That's been established -- in much wittier form

Dipstik
06-05-2014, 12:46 PM
I support this change. Could you make also make a REALLY expensive one that has "I'm better than you" written on top of it?

Morgz
06-05-2014, 12:49 PM
That's a fantastic idea Dipstik. I like the way you think!

It should also have a special feature where if anyone with iph under $1 mil per hour robs it, a rage face pops up with "LOL , you don't know how to grow iph, and aren't allowed to rob this building"

Molly's Voice
06-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Admittedly, I'm a bit of a tard.

But the fact still remains, I stink at this game, and want to be better..

How can you stink at this game, brah? Honestly, the concept and mechanics are not that hard to grasp. Besides actually having to remember to log in, its pretty much a tap here and more tapping there. That's the gist of Lupo's game mechanics class anyway. 10-0 from the top, playa.

Dipstik
06-05-2014, 12:59 PM
How can you stink at this game, brah? Honestly, the concept and mechanics are not that hard to grasp. Besides actually having to remember to log in, its pretty much a tap here and more tapping there. That's the gist of Lupo's game mechanics class anyway. 10-0 from the top, playa.

Lupo never 10-0'd you from the top... he preferred it from behind. (fist)(fist)(fist)(gun)(gun)(gun)etc.

Molly's Voice
06-05-2014, 01:02 PM
He posted that somewhere once upon a time. I figured he was just confused with directions.

Morgz
06-05-2014, 01:10 PM
where can i find lupos game mechanic's class? I guess I stink at forums too

Molly's Voice
06-05-2014, 01:11 PM
It's offered through the union.

Have you paid your dues?

Molly's Voice
06-05-2014, 01:16 PM
If you just want the free version, just look up any of Lupo's posts. He was always more than happy to tell you your failures and what made him so great at this game. Basically, he was me without the awesome pecs.

Morgz
06-05-2014, 01:23 PM
I can get that from talking to my boss...or wife!

Now how about an LTB that only crappy players can buy? It can be like the "town landfill" or something. IPH over $1 million doesn't qualify!

Max Power
06-05-2014, 01:39 PM
When I started, I couldn't afford the NIS, WSFG, Psgoda, Dockside mill, Shiner still, etc etc. I'm not on the forum crying. I built my iph up and now I can buy any ltb gree throws at me. Put your man pants on OP, get off the forum and in the game building.

I don't know why, but I just crack up every time I see your handle.

Faith_1
06-05-2014, 02:02 PM
I've only 800k iph and I struggle to have enough for LTBs. Rather than come here and cry though I'm continually working on it... At the end of the day the long time players need something they can do with relative ease and those, like us, who are newish need to just man up and play catch up :) when I started I thought LTBs were always gonna be out of my league, now I'm buying 2 with usually an upgrade or two as well... If you work on your IPH properly it doesn't take long.

Morgz
06-05-2014, 02:23 PM
If I didn't know any better, I would think some of you are trying to hurt my feelings with these "crying" comments!

xavvax
06-05-2014, 03:43 PM
I didnt build any ltbs when I started first one I was able to get wascthe circus tent and then missed a few more before finally being able to get them all, still cant upgrade them though.

Growing iph is part of the game expecting special buildings to be handed to you isnt. If everyone gets everything what is the point? Its not about the rich getting richer its about rewarding players who have spent time on their iph.

Just relax and dont worry about it, eventually bc of stat inflation you will be stronger than the older players. Many ppl put lots of skill points into att/def. Newer players can put all stat points into energy thus getting much farther on ltqs.

So while many players hard work on iph gives them an advantage. Grees changes gives you an advantage. The difference being you will continue to grow your iph while older players cant make up for your advantage. I would gladly give up my 'high priced' ltbs to be able to redo my stat points

iteachem
06-05-2014, 04:31 PM
where can i find lupos game mechanic's class? I guess I stink at forums too

Its a joke.. Lupo got into a forum war with a few people and mentioned game mechanics.. they use it to mock him now

Evan1000
06-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Here's a question, what's the point of iph? I really don't see a point. I hear all the time that money is power in this game.. but that's entirely not the case. Gold is power, because gold pays for events. Only use I've ever had with money was paying for the old store items in order to complete the non-limited time quests (bet half of you are like wait, people actually still do those?) and the throwback arcade (not for iph, but for the items). Only other use I see for it is buying syndicate bonuses, and those prices are beyond my belief.

Dipstik
06-05-2014, 04:35 PM
... Says the guy with the ITTY BITTY iph?

GucciMane
06-05-2014, 04:37 PM
If you were better at the game you could buy them. Take Lupo's class on game mechanics, for a start.

This thread really should have been locked after this post.

Any player can jump in the game and get the LTBs now, it used to not be the case.

This wasn't any different than transtech building, dockside mill last year for many people. Those were HARDER to get then these buildings now. Your salty tears have no effect on this forum, its really your own fault you can't afford these LTBs.

You've really been through SIX (as you claim) of these LTBs you couldn't afford and didn't get one? That's you sucking, sorry to be blunt.

Evan1000
06-05-2014, 04:40 PM
... Says the guy with the ITTY BITTY iph?

Exactly c;

19k iph ftw

iteachem
06-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Here's a question, what's the point of iph? I really don't see a point. I hear all the time that money is power in this game.. but that's entirely not the case. Gold is power, because gold pays for events. Only use I've ever had with money was paying for the old store items in order to complete the non-limited time quests (bet half of you are like wait, people actually still do those?) and the throwback arcade (not for iph, but for the items). Only other use I see for it is buying syndicate bonuses, and those prices are beyond my belief.

I think best example of money being power is current syndicate bonuses.. The higher the IPH the more cash you when you buy cash. You can't buy the bonuses with gold.

Example: H bought most of the bonuses for buckwheat connection with game cash. Her iph allowed her to buy very large quantities of cash versus the rest of us. Since the purchase of a vault of cash is iph dependent i am curious how much a vault of cash give for say applemacguy

Also you can't buy the ltb buildings with gold. You need the cash to start the purchase and cash to begin the upgrade. NO iph and you can't use gold to get things going

Morgz
06-05-2014, 05:09 PM
I think some of you missed the spirit of this post, didn't comprehend the first post, or just want to make a similar point. 1) my iph is low. That's my fault, as stated in my first post. 2)it's the last 5, not 6. I thought I corrected that later in thread. vinnies chop shop was $50 mil, not 100. The rest have been over $100 mil since February and the throwback arcade. 3) never anywhere did I say or imply that these buildings should be given to me, or anyone. 4) my original post stated that long time players get the raw deal in the game -- I think this is your reward :) 5) I'm having fun. Hope you are too. Enjoy!

Dipstik
06-05-2014, 05:52 PM
If you think a post is nonresponsive, the poster might not be responding to you.

The Hammr
06-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Now how about an LTB that only crappy players can buy? It can be like the "town landfill" or something. IPH over $1 million doesn't qualify!

They have that already. Its called a laundromat.

My2cents
06-05-2014, 06:37 PM
I've been around for a few years and can also afford any of the LTBs and get close to level 10. However, along the way, I skipped upgrades to concentrate on NCs. And that's back when the upgrades actually gave you better weapons with each upgrade. Now I have thos level 10 NCs.

I have a mini for the past few months and have barely have enough cash for this LTB. I won't be getting it though because long term iph goals means I will continue to upgrade my NCs. And stat inflation will continue so those weapons won't mean much. Yeah, I might miss out on 1% modifier though.

The Avenger$
06-05-2014, 07:43 PM
It's now been since February, and 6 full LTB's priced at $100 million or higher. Not since the throwboack arcade in February have relatively new players been able to participate in this feature of the game. It's all good. The Long Time Players seem to have gotten the short end of the stick in multiple other aspects of the game, so maybe this has become Gree's version of reparations.

It's fine...yes, I'm a little butt-hurt over it. Since I've only been playing since December, and didn't really know what I was doing until Feb / March, there is no possible way for a player in my shoes to build the iph required to earn that amount, and no way to rob that much at the level / rival list I have. So, I accept it. The rich will continue to get richer, the strong will get stronger.

It would be nice to change the name though (to Long Time Players Buildings) so newer players like myself don't get our hopes up to participate in a faction of the game we were once able to participate in.

And, as always, even though it is impossible for me to purchase, I can still rob them I guess :)

I'm sorry but that's no excuse. My syndicate leader started at the end of November 2013, and he is almost 6m iph. He robs a lot and is quite strong as well

Max Power
06-05-2014, 07:53 PM
IPH is the only thing us old time free players without a charity syndicate have left in this game.

Jack Bauer 24
06-06-2014, 02:53 AM
IPH is the only thing us old time free players without a charity syndicate have left in this game.
That's the truth.

therealbengie
06-06-2014, 03:11 PM
yeah, how dare the long time players be able to afford LTB's!?! just because they are now no good for LTQ/SLTQ, boss event or battle.

dip.stick
06-06-2014, 10:51 PM
This is where u fail. Why the heck did you start play, didn't u see the forum was overloaded with complaints? It's getting worse and worse. Get out while u still can is my advice to you.

Me, I rather play with my CoC.

For sure, not sure why anyone is still playing, will be awesome if everyone quits and the top 10 continue to fight for pixels!!!!

dip.stick
06-06-2014, 10:53 PM
yeah, how dare the long time players be able to afford LTB's!?! just because they are now no good for LTQ/SLTQ, boss event or battle.

I bet if the long term players add up all the money they "invested" in this game they could have bought a couple of real houses by now!

But am sure they enjoy living in their pixilated buildings, financial wizards that they are!

FlyMeMoon
06-07-2014, 02:03 AM
I'm all for a few changes re LTBs & would like to put forward these ideas:

- Change name to SOTLIs (Suck on This Low IPH'ers)
- Flashier buildings (so poor people passing by are jealous)
- Bigger numbers on buildings (increase jealousy factor)

dip.stick
06-07-2014, 03:59 AM
If you just want the free version, just look up any of Lupo's posts. He was always more than happy to tell you your failures and what made him so great at this game. Basically, he was me without the awesome pecs.

Please explain "great at this game"? Anyone can become great as long as you pump in loads of cash, this game requires no strategy or mechanics, just cash and tapping.

You are disillusioned if you think otherwise!

My2cents
06-07-2014, 04:45 AM
I'd like to see a billion dollar building or more. Give it a great payout, but upset a lot of people by making the footprint a full city block

CCC-syn
06-07-2014, 05:43 AM
LTBs are here for us who finished building everything in the store.
When u r a low player with low iph u still have what to build (laundromats, parlors, lofts, then upscale clubs and then nightclubs…)

If you will have ltbs for low iph beginners then u will never build the regular store buildings

sister morphine
06-07-2014, 08:25 AM

I laughed out loud at the first. :)

namedud
06-07-2014, 08:35 AM
I bet if the long term players add up all the money they "invested" in this game they could have bought a couple of real houses by now!

But am sure they enjoy living in their pixilated buildings, financial wizards that they are!

Not everyone who has played for years has spent a lot, or even any, actual cash. If you have at minimum one half of a brain it is easy to locate all the building information and plan your upgrades accordingly. A lot of the high IPH long time players you see got there with nothing more than smart gameplay and perseverance.

Newer players shouldn't be jealous of people who build their hood economy, they haven't had the same longevity in game to get there. Not unless they spend lots of real money on cash and gold to speed up the process. Not every ltb should be out of reach for newer players because of all the inflation in this game, but a rather large percentage of them should absolutely favour the players who are participating in the hood economy part of the game.

dip.stick
06-07-2014, 08:53 AM
If you have at minimum one half of a brain it is easy to locate all the building information and plan your upgrades accordingly. A lot of the high IPH long time players you see got there with nothing more than smart gameplay and perseverance.

And If you had 1/10 of a brain you would have given up playing this game a long time ago and invested your time in something more productive. Prolly greater than 95% of the players of this game are real life losers or still living in daddy's basement and using daddy's credit card ... And think having millions of in game IPH is better than getting a job and earning real cash.

No one with 1/2 a brain would be playing this game! And if you have time to locate building info, please go to a library and read a book, you just may get some worthwhile knowledge.

namedud
06-07-2014, 09:28 AM
The building info is in the stickied best of the best at the top of the forum. There, now you don't even need a brain to go find it.

Buildings upgrade themselves, it's not like you have to be logged in for the timer to count down. You are free to play this game and have a real life. You sound like the one who has yet to discover that.

dip.stick
06-07-2014, 09:35 AM
You sound like the one who has yet to discover that.

Thank you, oh "wise" one. Where would I be without you to show the way?

Dipstik
06-07-2014, 12:24 PM
In case anyone's wondering, I outsourced my posting to a 12 year old Cambodian child for the weekend. Complaints can be sent to betterthanyou@smug.com.

Morgz
06-07-2014, 01:27 PM

I like this! Should add it to thread title.

dip.stick
06-07-2014, 06:29 PM
In case anyone's wondering, I outsourced my posting to a 12 year old Cambodian child for the weekend. Complaints can be sent to betterthanyou@smug.com.

And that not all he did while he was here ...