PDA

View Full Version : Tadaaah, its Magic!

bam bam.
06-05-2014, 08:41 AM
Hey mate, I'm not sure if this is breaking a forum rule in directly addressing an admin/mod/omniscient being but hopefully you can appreciate what I'm trying to do here.

What is your job and what are your roles and responsibilities around here?. I ask to simply clarify things a little. Hopefully it will help people understand what is within your scope and what you are actually capable of doing.

My fellow gamers and I are in the mood to string some folks up at your end of town. We want to see this game last. It is a living being like you said and just like all living beings it will have a life span. If it is cared for correctly it will live a long healthy life. If it is squeezed hard like a lemon for short term profits. It will die.

In the short time you have been here we get the vibe you work logically and are keen on a transparent process. I hope I am not mistaken here. We are a hopeful bunch, that is why after more than a year of watching MW continually slide down hill we are still here in force whinging and moaning away, almost pleading for someone at gree hq to have some go in them. I just do not want people to get there hopes up for something that can't be delivered in a timely fashion.

We have spent millions, we have millions more to spend. We will spend up big if we are all having fun at a reasonable cost. A million people spending $10.00 a month is still $120,000,000 a year.

Lets have some fun again.

Kind Regards
bam bam

P.S.
I hope you appreciate the fact I have taken the time to write this letter in long hand. However any future correspondence will be written in my usual tarded shorthand :P

Edbl79
06-05-2014, 09:02 AM
Well said Bam Bam. I hope this thread lasts long enough for him to respond and trolls don't tarnish what you are trying to accomplish.

bam bam.
06-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Cheers mate. I hope so too

rushabhc
06-05-2014, 09:21 AM
good work bam bam.......

1GaDawg85
06-05-2014, 09:39 AM
It's not just the new guy, Tadaaaah but all of them....I would like to know what all of them do there so we know who's doing what we complain and they respond. I know they aren't all doing the same thing so let's hear about your roles in Gree.

bam bam.
06-05-2014, 09:52 AM
I appreciate the sentiment^^^ baby steps for the moment. That's perhaps another thread. You could call it "who does what where whens?"

1GaDawg85
06-05-2014, 10:03 AM
I agree, let's start with the new guy and get his view. We can get the others done later

Ajk
06-05-2014, 10:11 AM
I agree, let's start with the new guy and get his view. We can get the others done later

Right, we don't want to spook them. They may run off. :D

Tadaaah
06-05-2014, 10:55 AM
While I cannot provide you with all of the details of what I do and why I am here, I can give you some that will pertain to all of you, the community. In short, my role as a Community Manager is to be the voice of the players to the internal teams as well as a voice from the internal teams. It is like being a communication liaison. This means I'll be here in the forums, on social media, and any other place we may find players. It is my hopes that we can build a better community moving forward; granted it looks like we are off to a slightly rocky start. We will be posting more surveys and dedicated threads for feedback as time goes on. Organization makes for processing feedback and understanding it easier. I hope that answers your question.

It's not just the new guy, Tadaaaah but all of them....I would like to know what all of them do there so we know who's doing what we complain and they respond. I know they aren't all doing the same thing so let's hear about your roles in Gree.

While I cannot speak for everyone's responsibilities, we are like a big machine. You're correct there are many different parts and all are required to make sure we are successful.

AHH
06-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the info Tadaaah! I think your services may be needed on the data usage thread. It would be great if you could stop by there and offer your assistance. I use wifi for my MW playing, but it appears some in the community are a little upset at the moment over that.

bam bam.
06-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Thanks Tadaaah.

You don't need surveys. Anyone with half a brain can tell you what's required. You also don't need nor want most peoples opinions cause most people are stupid. You want evidence of this just watch how many people cross at the traffic lights without looking for on coming traffic, relying on the lights to stop all cars. Or people who drive and use their phones at the same time...muppets. Haha.

Talk to the serious gamers and engage them. We want a competitive game, a chance to earn our places. Not just simply buy a place on a leaderboard. Glitches worked out before implementation. Customer service to exist. Basic protections (gold confirm buttons on all purchases, I've accidentally spent over vault, possibly 2). Correct info in advance and in game. There's your start.

Then from there you have in game playability to work on. Inventory, allies, faction functions, weakest units in army.

Then its onto game balance. Stat inflation. Events. Timing of events. Rewards and boosts.

Then the big girl....cost

All of this needs to be constantly managed. Its a big job but its doable for a switched on team with good leadership. Some stuff can be fixed exceptionally quick with it all starting from a solid decision. Ie, lets fix the inventory - that coding 1st yr university students would have done in a week.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Game on!

bam bam.
06-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Guys, Tadaaah is a manager. Managers r not capable of DOING anything. Have any of you actually met a manager who is both a manager and a doer?. Never.

He is a strong communicator so where way may get some value from this fella is in the information department. Possibly he may relay some of our info, however what we have got to say isn't what execs n bosses want to here. For example one big " your incompetent and should resign immediately" isn't going to go down too well haha. Technical, in game help or game changes this guy can not do. So don't bark up the wrong tree with your difficulties.

Tadaaah if you could focus on channelling accurate info in advance, that would be enough and amazing. When they screw you over with bad info...let us know where the process broke down so we don't want to add you to our lil black book.

Side note: I am so tired that my shorthand has fully written "you"s throughout. Give me red bull!

Tadaaah
06-05-2014, 01:06 PM
I could use a energy drink right now as well; I prefer Xynergy. While you are correct in that I do not code or make the higher up decisions. It is part of my job to gather and communicate your (the players) wants and needs in reference to those items. With that being said, some of the changes may not be exactly as you wanted them or take longer than you want or some may not be feasible. There is a balance and extensive research that goes into everything.

goober
06-05-2014, 01:17 PM
granted it looks like we are off to a slightly rocky start.

Tadaaah - You just started your job, so maybe you're not aware, but this rocky start is the norm around here. And that is ISSUE #1 in terms of community relations. This may not be what you want to hear, not what you were hired to do, but a simple checklist for Gree to follow that would improve player relations:

1. Fix the event rollouts. This means have a published time for the event, start them on time. This means check the event data and make sure it makes sense - awards are right, goals are right, the right loot items are set to drop, boss health is not crazy, etc. We are tired of how many problems there are - every single week - with events not being set up correctly. (of course, if you did this, you could also publish the information to players in advance because you would actually have it and have checked it).

2. Explain what went wrong when something goes wrong and how you've fixed it so it won't go wrong again. When the 50th place team in WD lost out on the placement because the final WD scores were lower than the WD scores taken by numerous screenshots during the event, EXPLAIN - here's how this happened, here's how we fixed it, and here's how we made it so it won't happen again.

3. Transparency - publish the payout rates, crate rates, etc. Many of the negative comments are the result of us as players feeling like we're being manipulated and "cheated" by Gree. We get to 9/10 on crates and can never get past that. If you explained what the %'s are, we would understand what's going on and not create conspiracy theories.

Surveys on whether the music is good, graphics are good, when those are not in any way shape or form what we care about or what problems there are with the game just highlight how out of touch Gree is with the experience most players have.

Like I said, probably not things you personally can fix nor in your job description. But if you want to have better community relations with players Gree should start by fixing these issues. Earn a sense of trust and confidence from us rather than the suspicion and problem fatigue you have now.

Blodiea
06-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Bam bam hit the nail on the head with cost. Every event should not cost money to complete. If you give out an energy bonus that should not mean all ltq's energy requirements go up by at least that much. Epic/raid bosses health should not jump astronomical amounts every time. Please don't gear events towards the top ten.

bam bam.
06-05-2014, 01:59 PM
If you could let the big wigs know that I could use a red bull right now...that would be super.

Your never gonna please everyone.

bam bam.
06-05-2014, 02:17 PM
To all those commenting on this thread and continuing on in its intended spirit...thank you.

Tadaaah. Any convo you have with gree should start with, "these good ppl seriously think u deserve a good slapping". Then "here's what they NEED to keep this game alive for a long time to come..."

It might b their product...but its our game. Jus like when Toyota sells u a car, once the rego is in ur name it becomes urs. If we don't pump the funds into maintaining that car it will fall to bits. Same applies here. They need to respect us. Show it with actions, we r all worded out.

Shrinko
06-05-2014, 02:29 PM
"Respect" is a very obstruct concept. Let's be more specific so they know what we are talking about.

SpikeyKit
06-05-2014, 03:58 PM
I could use a energy drink right now as well; I prefer Xynergy. While you are correct in that I do not code or make the higher up decisions. It is part of my job to gather and communicate your (the players) wants and needs in reference to those items. With that being said, some of the changes may not be exactly as you wanted them or take longer than you want or some may not be feasible. There is a balance and extensive research that goes into everything.

Think we are all aware. We would like prize lists and dates ending, if someone questions the date you have put (coz it dont match) please reply within 24h not 4 days like has happened in the past. Takes 2 mins to read, 4 to find out 1 to post. So for about 30 mins we all know the answer and its a job well done. Saves alot of angry people. Much respect

bam bam.
06-05-2014, 03:58 PM
I'll take anything above our current level of respect. I don't think u need to define respect. It is what it is.

Also it is not obstruct. You may be looking for another word their mate. Obstruct means to choke. Respect is currently obstruct around here lol.

reesiepuff
06-05-2014, 04:10 PM
it would be nice to get reward lists again for the events

bam bam.
06-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Amen^^^ with actual rewards and requirements including xp total. Not jus xp "reward"....yuck. It's like "rewarding" a concubine with a joyous STD lol

Tadaaah
06-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Think we are all aware. We would like prize lists and dates ending, if someone questions the date you have put (coz it dont match) please reply within 24h not 4 days like has happened in the past. Takes 2 mins to read, 4 to find out 1 to post. So for about 30 mins we all know the answer and its a job well done. Saves alot of angry people. Much respect

This may not be what you would like to hear, but not all information can be obtained in 4 minutes. It is very situational; some topics will take longer to solve than others.

Gerard Figallo
06-05-2014, 05:34 PM
great thread bam bam

Merc_mw
06-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Kudos to the community for being respectful. The dialogue here is as productive as we have had.

Cheers!

Thumpr
06-05-2014, 06:36 PM
I just can't walk away from this one. Too easy.

So. You talk to the customers...so the engineers don't have to. You have people skills! Say hi to the Bobs for us.

Blodiea
06-05-2014, 06:40 PM
This may not be what you would like to hear, but not all information can be obtained in 4 minutes. It is very situational; some topics will take longer to solve than others.

As far as prize lists end times ect if you would ask the developers to supply this data to you before the data push comes out this would make it very easy on you to post data here for us. this would make the community very happy

Twist of Cain
06-05-2014, 06:56 PM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQ3ywwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DErg 4DPUMyIU%26feature%3Dkp&ei=mB-RU4DCBqXmsAT304G4Cw&usg=AFQjCNHxDCpanf77nMfaHX-XeucWi4YoyA&sig2=JSbywIyGmp70ItvKEXWn3w&bvm=bv.68445247,d.cWc

Superdude
06-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Tadaaah.

I want to let you know that first I am already impressed with your manner on the forums. Although you've only been here for a few days, you are the first GREE Employee to not only frequently respond but to also show us a little about yourself personally. Reassured my faith that you guys aren't robots. This game is currently being run down by prospects of large gains with things like this 24 hr LTQ. While I understand that most of your spending comes in the top 150 factions, you cannot forget that we all started in top 4000 groups, and by making the events crazy expensive you discourage many new players from spending.

Honestly, all I want is the fun back in the game. I've been with my group for round a year now, and they are like my family. They are the only reason I continue to play, and we keep each other up. I doubled my gold spending a few a wars Ago to make up for a member whos dad had a heart attack that day, while it was expensive that's what you do for family. All we want at this point is to have some fun. For the senior guys, a lot of that starts here. I remember years ago now this forum was a place you could spend hours
On. Now I barely read for 5 minutes before I see some
5 post junior member troll and I get annoyed. Do more community events here that make this place
An enjoyable environment again. The second thing I want is communication on info. I am tired of finding out what an event is less than 12 hours before the start. As much as we all want to be,
Many are not free on a Friday afternoon, especially on such short notice. Giving us more time to prepare will increase your spending as people can plan strategies and won't be as frustrated.

In conclusion, I hope you listen to this post and the others, a lot of senior members are taking time to weigh in on their thoughts. I think you can start to help us enjoy this game again.
I used to love this game. I still do, but I won't love it much longer if this game keeps up like this. You have players who are by far more committed than any other game. I've seen buddies put families, income, marriage, employment on the line for this game. While I may not agree with them, they love the game that much they believe its as important to them as those things. I know I speak for many when I say my life would be different if Modern War did not exist tomorrow. Id like to keep it in my life.

You have the players. You have our commitment. We don't want to leave.
Don't force us to.

DFI
06-06-2014, 12:29 AM
The problem here is that there is no acknowledgement by gree that all of these errors, glitches, hacks, etc., are the result of their fault and theirs alone. Spend a bit more time between wars to works things out and stop trying to squeeze the life out of this product. Having more admins who have no clue what the developers are doing doesn't help the situation. Slow down, breathe, exhale and give it a week before you launch another glitch filled game. Just like FA, stop all the LTQs until you've figured it out. Really? A Japanese company owns this game? No wonder the Koreans are running circles around them today.

SpikeyKit
06-06-2014, 12:52 AM

Ok but if you was to say the wrong date and someone questioned it, surely youshould be able to check and let us know quite quickly? Say before the event ends? Or we work it out for ourselves coz the event ended?

bam bam.
06-08-2014, 12:43 PM
What happened to all the good this thread was doing?. It's all gone quite since gree did a gree.

Come on, lets get back on track and get the info flowing please.

Dazzj10
06-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Lol... But they can change an event at the touch of a button

Bobar
06-08-2014, 03:54 PM
Have to say i like Tadaaaaahs (luckily he didn't call himself Bing - oh, you are male, right? Took a long time to find out assault&flattery wasn't) approach. Happy there is someone feeling responsable and i trust you when you say you want to improve the communication via all socal medias. Some alreadyxsaid: please start within the game and make the rules clear for everyone. There has been a nice 'how to' for the full assault (ok some mistakes in it like the time - anyway). Could be done for every event as there are allways newbies. And hopefully the devs assist the mods. You could have come to the conclusion they do as they like in the past.

go on, you are on the right way