PDA

View Full Version : Android v IOS

Chairman Maw
06-04-2014, 03:13 AM
I've just switched from a iPhone4 to Xperia Z2. Of course, the Z2 is LOADS better and more powerful but CC runs like a dog on it. Rubbish graphics rendering and it keeps freezing while fighting etc. is this the norm for Android users? is there any scope to resolve the bugs with android?

DavidtheBoo
06-04-2014, 03:21 AM
An Apple device Will be beaten by an android device in most cases..... Just because android is lots better
Very weird that your game Freezes tho

namedud
06-04-2014, 03:23 AM
This game was originally designed for iOS... Android is like the red-headed stepchild.

Go back to iOS, or deal with/accept the inferior version.

/truth

Chairman Maw
06-04-2014, 03:29 AM
An Apple device Will be beaten by an android device in most cases..... Just because android is lots better
Very weird that your game Freezes tho

Thanks for that. I will look to see if there is anything I can configure on the app.

Chairman Maw
06-04-2014, 03:30 AM
This game was originally designed for iOS... Android is like the red-headed stepchild.

Go back to iOS, or deal with/accept the inferior version.

/truth

Unfortunately I haven't got hundreds of pounds to throw around on a different phone, but thanks for the input.

namedud
06-04-2014, 03:43 AM
Unfortunately I haven't got hundreds of pounds to throw around on a different phone, but thanks for the input.

You've just answered your own query. Switch backto iOS/return your new Android device, or deal with it.

The only alternative solution is to send a ticket and wait for a useless response. You then have the option to pursue six months of meaningless back-and-forth with the likes of CE (aka A&F), or just abandon the game entirely.

Chairman Maw
06-04-2014, 04:06 AM
You've just answered your own query. Switch backto iOS/return your new Android device, or deal with it.

The only alternative solution is to send a ticket and wait for a useless response. You then have the option to pursue six months of meaningless back-and-forth with the likes of CE (aka A&F), or just abandon the game entirely.

I didn't get the phone solely to play CC on. I mean, who would? haha. I will put up with it.. for now.

namedud
06-04-2014, 04:16 AM
81% of the smartphones worldwide use Droids.
But cc runs like crap on a droid, because gree's programmers are not very good at their job (and that's an understatement).

74% of all figures are made up on the spot. References or FO. :o

sister morphine
06-04-2014, 07:51 AM
81% of the smartphones worldwide use Droids.
But cc runs like crap on a droid, because gree's programmers are not very good at their job (and that's an understatement).
They may well be, but there are many price brackets with Android phones and pretty much just the one with the iPhone. Is it true what I hear that cheaper 'droid devices don't get the full whack of the operating system (if you want that you've got to spend as much as an iPhone costs), and could that if true affect how CC and perhaps other games run on the cheaper phones.

Might be interesting if some survey was done to see how problems affecting Android users relates to price bracket of the device.

Blondi
06-04-2014, 10:23 AM
I was using 1 of each. Droid sucked bad on most events, due to lag. Also lots of glitches looking at members list, battle info during war. Also, very bad lag during war. So, I got fed up with all the headaches & went with 2 iOS devices. Best thing I ever did. iOS runs smooth all the time for me.

Lanbro91
06-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Is it true what I hear that cheaper 'droid devices don't get the full whack of the operating system (if you want that you've got to spend as much as an iPhone costs), and could that if true affect how CC and perhaps other games run on the cheaper phones.

I Switched from a galaxy S3 to a LG G2 about 2 months ago an the difference is huge. With th LG the only time I ever get lag is if I play for a bit then I just gonna exit it the game, do a clean up an it's all good.

xavvax
06-04-2014, 11:12 AM
It depends on the device its not based on operating system. I have a galaxy 3 phone and a galaxy tablet that is about a year newer. The tablet is fine except during raid boss the phone is fine for every event. I only play 1 account so when im at home I transfer to my tablet when at work I transfer to my phone. During raid boss I just leave it on my phone

LeatherKicks
06-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Yup droid works fine. Samsung galaxy s4 phone. Very fast. Samsung galaxy note 7.0 II. Runs fine but a smidge slower. Operating system and memory play a big role.

Burnttree
06-04-2014, 12:30 PM
I don't know about your sony device buddy but I have a Samsung s4 and everything runs great, a little lag here and there but I can put up with that. Its exactly as it says, Android device vs Apple Iphone.
Apple is just a phone, Android is a device, so much more to do with a Android.
Any1 that uses a crapple are just wanna b's lol.

CCC-syn
06-04-2014, 04:35 PM
74% of all figures are made up on the spot. References or FO. :o
that is true. a very well known fact. u can google it.

They may well be, but there are many price brackets with Android phones and pretty much just the one with the iPhone. Is it true what I hear that cheaper 'droid devices don't get the full whack of the operating system (if you want that you've got to spend as much as an iPhone costs), and could that if true affect how CC and perhaps other games run on the cheaper phones.
far superior phones than apple - like nexus5, OnePlus One, Xiaomi Mi3 and many more are boasting the best hardware in the world and they cost less than $400.
Apple is known for having sweatshops at china and making the cheapest phones possible (i mean that apple pays less for making the iphone than samsung pays for making the s5), yet apples phones are the most expensive phones out there... why?

Dockbot-is-da-bomb
06-04-2014, 07:55 PM
I would have quit long ago if on droid. All my friends who use it have had nothing but misery on mw.

Chairman Maw
06-05-2014, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the replies. My phone is a brand new Sony Xperia Z2 and cost over £500, so the question about it being a cheap android, there's your answer. CC is absolute rubbish on it to be honest. The phone itself is great. I have XBMC running on it FFS and that runs like a dream. My iPhone 4 was slow as **** with CC but a hell of a lot better than this joke of an android version. I really feel for those who have had to put up with it for so long.

Chairman Maw
06-05-2014, 02:05 AM
I Switched from a galaxy S3 to a LG G2 about 2 months ago an the difference is huge. With th LG the only time I ever get lag is if I play for a bit then I just gonna exit it the game, do a clean up an it's all good.

When you say 'clean it up' are you referring to the game cache?

sister morphine
06-05-2014, 04:18 AM
When you say 'clean it up' are you referring to the game cache?
That would be my guess. CC can become a bloated whale if you let it.

mia201
06-05-2014, 07:20 AM
i hate you Sony,,,never release your best products in US... :(

Max Power
06-05-2014, 08:43 AM
that is true. a very well known fact. u can google it.

OK, I did. You are wrong.

http://www.geekwire.com/2014/smartphone-market-share-android-stays-ahead-apple-microsoft-widens-lead-blackberry/

Nighteg
06-05-2014, 09:08 AM
OK, I did. You are wrong.

http://www.geekwire.com/2014/smartphone-market-share-android-stays-ahead-apple-microsoft-widens-lead-blackberry/

That's just the US. Try again.

living dead
06-05-2014, 10:02 AM
I have 2 cc accounts and one is iOS the other is droid iOS is great no lag droid on the other hand is bad lag lag lag gree needs to fix it wait they are the ones that messed it up to start with I played on a droid for 2 years with really no problems after a few updates droid is nothing but lag so I don't play my 2nd account as much due to this

Max Power
06-05-2014, 01:54 PM
That's just the US. Try again.

I tried again.

http://marketingland.com/forecast-android-reaching-80-percent-market-share-85264

I was wrong!