PDA

View Full Version : Introducing New Community Manager

Tadaaah
06-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Hello Players,

You can call me Tadaaah. I am proud to join the GREE team as your Community Manager. We really want to turn things around and listen to our players and interact with all of you more regularly. Change is coming and I can’t wait to embrace it all with you and help create for you an engaging atmosphere. Please keep in mind that we are just getting started and change will be slow, but we are going to start being more active here in the forums and on social media. Get ready to start looking for more official feedback threads and surveys. As part of my introduction, I’ve answered a few questions for you to get to know me.

How long have you been playing video games?
I started playing video games at an early age around 3. My mother was in a bowling league where I spent all of my time in the arcade. I grew up playing Samurai Showdown, Fatal Fury, Gauntlet, and many other arcade games. My first console was the Nintendo; a few of my favorites from that time are Kickle Kubicle and Spy VS Spy.

Where were you before joining the GREE team?
Before joining the GREE team, I worked at a few other gaming companies. A few of the titles I have worked on are WAKFU, FFXIV, World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition.

What do you bring to the GREE team?
I am an ambitious person with a lot of passion. With my past experiences building communities, I am hoping to help build a great and welcoming atmosphere for players to come and share experiences.

What do you do outside of gaming?
I played a lot of sports growing up. I am really enjoying our local adult dodge-ball league. I enjoy a good time with friends playing board/tabletop games as well.

What is your favorite GREE game?
Rage of the Immortals is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I really enjoy that there are stories to follow and evolving/training fighters. The art-style is nostalgic for me.

Sol Invictus
06-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Do you like Black Sabbath?

Rookeye
06-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Which character were you when you played Gauntlet? ;) What was the first arcade game you played that cost more than a quarter? More than a dollar? Which one would you empty an entire $20 bill on?

Tadaaah
06-03-2014, 12:26 PM
I do enjoy Black Sabbath.

I always played with the yellow character. I don't remember what my first arcade game was but it was a quarter, fifty cents I would guess was a pinball machine, a dollar for DDR, and I would drop so much money in crane games.

Rookeye
06-03-2014, 01:57 PM
If I remember properly, the Wizard was yellow... ;)

Adagio
06-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Question: Why hasn't The Epic Boss Cyclops been endorsed or had any announcements on this forum?

Sent
06-03-2014, 04:21 PM
PlayStation or Xbox?
PC specs?
Favorite food?
Favorite drink?
Favorite sweet (candy, cake, etc)?

Rookeye
06-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Question: Why hasn't The Epic Boss Cyclops been endorsed or had any announcements on this forum?

Yeah, there's a thread about it and everything! ;)

Tadaaah
06-03-2014, 06:01 PM

What do you mean? Can you link me an example?

PlayStation or Xbox?
PC specs?
Favorite food?
Favorite drink?
Favorite sweet (candy, cake, etc)?

PlayStation
PC Specs? Oh my...well I'm building a rig. I'll let you know once I finally get it finished.
Food: Cherries
Drink: Not forum appropriate, jk, I drink a lot of water.
Sweet: I'm a sucker for chips and dip. I will sit and eat all the dip if there's some in front of me. I once had a friend take the bowl away to make sure there was some left for other people.

Adagio
06-03-2014, 06:11 PM
NVM. Now. There's a new epic boss now!!!!

TakeTheirTeeth
06-04-2014, 06:17 AM
Do you guys use MAYA?

Heatmizer1909
06-04-2014, 08:36 AM
Welcome aboard Tadaaah. Hope you can funnel some of the ideas/comments/criticism here in a constructive way back to Gree. U might want to look through the suggestions/feedback forum topic and put together a new poll of what players would like added/changed in the game.

Sol Invictus
06-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Where is the Criminal Legacy forum?

Elita
06-04-2014, 02:07 PM

Because Elita was gone :(

This is why we have our new Community Manager. Please show the new kid the same love and affection you've shown me :P

Rookeye
06-05-2014, 01:43 AM
@ Tadaaah: Why are you listed as Administrator instead of Community Manager? Some of us newbies might get all confoozled by that difference... ;)

Divine Karma
06-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Glad to see GREE answered my community administration request :)

Glad to have you, hope that the community forum will be a more friendly and enjoyable than before :)

I would also like to request a suggestion board for each game forum so people can start topics on their suggestions and others can debate on the pros and cons of the suggestion?

jamesbeau
06-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Glad to see GREE answered my community administration request :)

Glad to have you, hope that the community forum will be a more friendly and enjoyable than before :)

I would also like to request a suggestion board for each game forum so people can start topics on their suggestions and others can debate on the pros and cons of the suggestion?

Im not sure what to do my guild member got his game stolen or erased buy someone claiming to give him free gems how do I get in contact with gree to help him recover his game

jamesbeau
06-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Because Elita was gone :(

This is why have our new Community Manager. Please show the new kid the same love and affection you've shown me :P

My friend and guild member got his game stolen or erased by someone how can we contact gree to report this person and get his game back please Please help

Rookeye
06-06-2014, 05:13 AM
Have you tried PMing (Private Messaging) Tadaaah?

Sol Invictus
06-11-2014, 08:56 PM
So, about that Criminal Legacy forum?

And what about the Cyclops contest? The thread was locked and no winner was announced. We appreciate these contests because you don't have to do them...

...but the last contest upset some people because, even though it said no submission that didn't follow the rules would be considered, and yet all of the finalists were people who did not follow the rules.

And now there is an issue with this contest. I think we just want you guys to make good on what you say you're gonna do, is all.

So when will I be announced as the winner?

Rookeye
06-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Tadaaah, when we click "New Posts" would it be possible for each new thread to be identified by section, so players can see what games those threads belong to, and decide if they want to answer of not?

It could be accomplished quite easily without taking up space by shortening the section/game to an acronym: CC for Crime City, K&D for Knights and Dragons, and so forth, so we don't have to guess. I've seen this done on other game forums that use vBulletin, so I know it's possible.

What do you say? :) I can post a pic if you need me to explain what I mean.

TakeTheirTeeth
06-12-2014, 11:51 AM
can you give us a hint at what changes are being made? keep the momentum and energy high. give us something.

TakeTheirTeeth
06-12-2014, 01:24 PM
is Knights and Dragons 2 in development?

Sol Invictus
06-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Tad hasn't commented in his/her own thread in almost two weeks.

You're slipping, Tad. I know you got a bunch of games to deal with.

Is it busy work, being a community manager?

Rookeye
06-15-2014, 04:35 PM
There's been an uproar of sorts over at Crime City all week (player-induced). Perhaps Tadaaah is busy putting out fires elsewhere... :)

Harbear
06-17-2014, 05:05 PM
So, about that Criminal Legacy forum?

And what about the Cyclops contest? The thread was locked and no winner was announced. We appreciate these contests because you don't have to do them...

...but the last contest upset some people because, even though it said no submission that didn't follow the rules would be considered, and yet all of the finalists were people who did not follow the rules.

And now there is an issue with this contest. I think we just want you guys to make good on what you say you're gonna do, is all.

So when will I be announced as the winner?

CL forum: http://forums.gree.net/forumdisplay.php?175-Criminal-Legacy

Heatmizer1909
06-18-2014, 07:20 AM
Hey Tad,
You have sort of disappeared. Any feedback to the group on the survey results. Can you please give us any info on whats going on at Gree with K&D? Any chance you could create a poll of most requested enchancements/changes to the game. There have been a lot of really good ideas posted here. RAID BOSS for guild PLEASE!!!

Sol Invictus
06-19-2014, 06:08 AM
CL forum: http://forums.gree.net/forumdisplay.php?175-Criminal-Legacy

Whoa, where did you find that? I don't see it in the list anywhere.

SirDerp
06-20-2014, 05:24 PM
The most recent update on the seventeenth of June now doesn't allow most players to even start the game anymore. It just crashes. Having sunk many days into this game, I'd like to know when it will be fixed. That is my question to you.

Sol Invictus
06-20-2014, 07:31 PM
Uninstall and reinstall.

GREE addressed this immediately, derp.

Please re-install the game
~Elita

Rookeye
06-23-2014, 09:12 PM
Whoa, where did you find that? I don't see it in the list anywhere.

Did you see this? http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?92039-Criminal-Legacy-now-available-on-Google-Play!&p=1302282&viewfull=1#post1302282

Daedalus Wynde 15th
07-01-2014, 03:37 AM
Welcome and good luck

Rookeye
07-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Tadaaah, when we click "New Posts" would it be possible for each new thread to be identified by section, so players can see what games those threads belong to, and decide if they want to answer of not?

It could be accomplished quite easily without taking up space by shortening the section/game to an acronym: CC for Crime City, K&D for Knights and Dragons, and so forth, so we don't have to guess. I've seen this done on other game forums that use vBulletin, so I know it's possible.

What do you say? :) I can post a pic if you need me to explain what I mean.

Any chance this will ever fly? :)

Tadaaah
07-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Any chance this will ever fly? :)

I'm not sure; it would be on the backend (probably server side). This is the first time I've worked with the backend of VBulletin. If it involves coding, I can only do very little coding, we'd have to discuss with the other teams.

Rookeye
07-03-2014, 03:17 PM
This is a visual:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2pzh09d.jpg

I've identified all the different board sections where these "show new" threads come from. There is no way for a new Kingdom Age player to click only those links that apply to his chosen game, he must click them all. :(

I came here from another VBulletin game community where they DID show sections. PM me if you want to discuss further. I believe VBulletin does have a setting switch to show this information (spelled out, of course: Crime City, not CC...though you might be able to designate acronyms. That's more than I know.)