PDA

View Full Version : IPH and the increase of Money

discoshadow
05-31-2014, 08:49 AM
So just a general question about money in this game. I've been playing a few months now and am in the lvl 130 range area and my IPH is still substantially lower than most the players I see (67k per hour). Even if I collect from every single building I have at once I only get about a million, so does anyone have a solution or formula that they use to help increase this?

Da Don
05-31-2014, 09:03 AM
Yes save for nightclubs ASAP.. Takes u a few weeks and upgrade them till ur iph is around 1million... Then go for LTB's

Dipstik
05-31-2014, 09:09 AM
Accept that you'll never catch up. Iph rewards people that have been playing a long time, and you haven't. You could spend a lot of gold to catch up but it's not worth it.

Idiosyncrasy
05-31-2014, 12:18 PM
Set goals and do the best upgrades you can afford. It would be better to save for a night club once you hit $100k per hour, but it also depends how much you rob and how patient you are.

At this point, some good buildings to develop are movie theaters, lofts, beachside inns, brownstones, and Dominican restaurants.

I'm surprised you're already level 130 after just a few months. IPH is a game of time more than anything. Just keep building and upgrading and you'll get there.

Molly's Voice
05-31-2014, 12:36 PM
Accept that you'll never catch up. Iph rewards people that have been playing a long time, and you haven't. You could spend a lot of gold to catch up but it's not worth it.

^This.

Listen to the brony.

RuckusXsuckuR
05-31-2014, 05:00 PM
Go to the store in game, tap on Special and buy a bunch of mafia members. Then you can defend your 67k iph from robbers.

namedud
05-31-2014, 05:56 PM
Spend gold on upgrades and buy cash to do upgrades you can't afford. It's totally worth it and as an added bonus, when you get robbed you can laugh because you'll still collect more than your wussy, zero income, afraid to get robbed themselves rivals.

mxz
06-01-2014, 10:34 AM
At this point, some good buildings to develop are movie theaters, lofts, beachside inns, brownstones, and Dominican restaurants.lol, beachside inns, brownstones and Dominicans, eh?

iteachem
06-01-2014, 11:45 AM

Yeah dippy has been playing so long and has such a great income that he doesn't even bank during wars.. (thanks for the cash although I only hit you a few times)

Idiosyncrasy
06-01-2014, 12:13 PM
lol, beachside inns, brownstones and Dominicans, eh?

At 67k, yeah they're okay. Do you have anything useful to add?

Dipstik
06-01-2014, 01:53 PM
One guy from SC claims to have taken 100m off me in one fight.

Banking is for pussies.

#smug

therealbengie
06-01-2014, 02:20 PM
I bank everything as I have free banking. your game is weak.

namedud
06-01-2014, 02:27 PM

I disagree. Those buildings are more of a time sink than anything. Sticking to movie theatres and lofts until you are ready for nightclubs has pretty much always been the preferred upgrade path for those serious about building their economies.

Also, if your income is not very good to start with, ignoring LTBs may be something to consider. While it is unfortunate to miss out on limited items, if purchasing the limited buildings leaves you constantly broke and unable to afford anything else including upgrades, buying them is helping you just slightly more than purchasing unneeded hood expansions.

I bank everything as I have free banking. your game is weak.

Free banking is for pussies. :p

RuckusXsuckuR
06-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Lofts and Movie Theaters, then buy a NC and upgrade it to level 2 before you build another. lvl 2 NC has better ROI then a base NC. Screw a Brownstone, out of any of those other three mentioned the first I would suggest if i had to would be a Dominican

ghetto69143
06-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Dominican Restaurant is the best way to go...
I have one NC and in 6months my iph increased over 1mil with only 2 ltbs.
I will update in 2 more months with mini and see where he is at

therealbengie
06-02-2014, 07:00 AM
I disagree. Those buildings are more of a time sink than anything. Sticking to movie theatres and lofts until you are ready for nightclubs has pretty much always been the preferred upgrade path for those serious about building their economies.

Also, if your income is not very good to start with, ignoring LTBs may be something to consider. While it is unfortunate to miss out on limited items, if purchasing the limited buildings leaves you constantly broke and unable to afford anything else including upgrades, buying them is helping you just slightly more than purchasing unneeded hood expansions.

Free banking is for pussies. :p

personally I think the LTB's are far better than the NC due to the cost/time of upgrades, for me a NC is something to get once you can spend 40mil without worrying about it. personally I have my NC's at 2 & 4 don't plan on upgrading them again until I get a 2 upgrades at once mod and even then I would strongly consider upgrading older LTB's before the NC.

Morgz
06-02-2014, 08:05 AM
I agree with this at $67k iph. I was in a similar spot to OP a few months back. Not quite as drastic, but still bad. I liked the Brownstones and Dominicans because they took a small amount of hood space, and still returned a decent amount compared to the other small footprint buildings. This allowed me to build a little income without wasting cash on hood expansions.

Of course the movie theatres and lofts are the way to go until you get a nightclub. I also learned this a few months ago. But getting the cash to do those upgrades at $67k iph can be a task. That's where the Brownstones and Dominicans can help for a short period of time.

It may not be the "best" plan, but it's one that do-able, and allows you to see some reward a bit more quickly -- even if it is smaller reward in the long run.

The other things I would ad is: 1) Don't waste money on defense buildings, and 2) ALWAYS be building or upgrading something. Don't let your hood be stagnant. 3) Don't waste money on hood expansion until you absolutely have to.

Last: Think hard when reading some of the posts on here. Some ppl are trying to be funny by giving you bad advice.

Ourpalace
06-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Yes, Lofts and Movie Theaters are good but you have to save money for them. During the waiting period, do anything is better than do nothing.

I agree with this at $67k iph. I was in a similar spot to OP a few months back. Not quite as drastic, but still bad. I liked the Brownstones and Dominicans because they took a small amount of hood space, and still returned a decent amount compared to the other small footprint buildings. This allowed me to build a little income without wasting cash on hood expansions.

Of course the movie theatres and lofts are the way to go until you get a nightclub. I also learned this a few months ago. But getting the cash to do those upgrades at $67k iph can be a task. That's where the Brownstones and Dominicans can help for a short period of time.

It may not be the "best" plan, but it's one that do-able, and allows you to see some reward a bit more quickly -- even if it is smaller reward in the long run.

The other things I would ad is: 1) Don't waste money on defense buildings, and 2) ALWAYS be building or upgrading something. Don't let your hood be stagnant. 3) Don't waste money on hood expansion until you absolutely have to.

Last: Think hard when reading some of the posts on here. Some ppl are trying to be funny by giving you bad advice.

Winnson
06-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Getting my second nightclub to lvl 3 right now. It's still the best building in the game and getting / upgrading those as soon as you can is where it's at.

Lofts to 3 (used to be anyway, they're weak now) and then NCs to 3.

Yes we can.

Ninja☆Smoke
06-02-2014, 01:46 PM
N.Cs are second best buildings in game, Teahouses hands down best. When Gree releases low income LTBs... skip and upgrade N.Cs and past High output LTBs if you have them.

namedud
06-02-2014, 01:54 PM
N.Cs are second best buildings in game, Teahouses hands down best. When Gree releases low income LTBs... skip and upgrade N.Cs and past High output LTBs if you have them.

Teahouses are the highest paying building that can conveniently be collected with minimal chance of being robbed.

Nightclubs are the highest output building in the game, the math speaks for itself.

When discussing IPH, "best" has always referred to highest output. Otherwise you're just talking opinion, and opinions are like buttholes. Everyone's got one.

therealbengie
06-02-2014, 02:02 PM
but in reality unless you have trouble sleeping or are sad enough to set alarms for the middle of the night then the NC seriously suffers and its actual output takes a massive hit. numbers on paper aren't everything, actual return is far more important than headline figures.

therealbengie
06-02-2014, 02:04 PM
my NC's are L2 and L4, in total from my 6hr buildings I collect around 10mil a day, I collect 170mil from my 24hr and 120mil from my 12hr buildings, my 18hr payout 40mil, my 20hr around 30mil and my 26hr around 30mil.

Chica
06-02-2014, 02:05 PM
but in reality unless you have trouble sleeping or are sad enough to set alarms for the middle of the night then the NC seriously suffers and its actual output takes a massive hit. numbers on paper aren't everything, actual return is far more important than headline figures.

Or your a person who only sleeps about 5 hours a night, never feel tired in the day then again I don't happen to live off of fast food.

therealbengie
06-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Or your a person who only sleeps about 5 hours a night, never feel tired in the day then again I don't happen to live off of fast food.

nice passive aggressive insult there, keep your assumptions to yourself.

namedud
06-02-2014, 02:25 PM

That is your opinion. That's what works for YOU. In reality, 4 complete NC collections > 1 complete Teahouse collection if both buildings are at the same level. You can't argue against that with facts.

my NC's are L2 and L4, in total from my 6hr buildings I collect around 10mil a day, I collect 170mil from my 24hr and 120mil from my 12hr buildings, my 18hr payout 40mil, my 20hr around 30mil and my 26hr around 30mil.

Congrats, good for you, applause, etc.

RuckusXsuckuR
06-02-2014, 05:27 PM
I have to agree with bengie about the reduced income for the 6 hour NC. Im lucky to wake up without a robbed NC, this kid though has 67k iph... he dosnt have 100m laying around for the next decent LTB. If the next LTB is collected in odd hours like the 13 hour BBS he should steer clear because its impossible to sleep and collect efficiently. He needs a couple leveled lofts and a lvl 2 NC to start his iph journey. Plus idk how the #ell or why he is at lvl 130 in a couple months. Haha

mxz
06-02-2014, 06:01 PM
When discussing IPH, "best" has always referred to highest output. Otherwise you're just talking opinion, and opinions are like buttholes. Everyone's got one.You've been here a month and presume to know more about the historical usage of "best" in IPH discussions than the rest of us? You're going to fit right in.

namedud
06-02-2014, 06:07 PM
You've been here a month and presume to know more about the historical usage of "best" in IPH discussions than the rest of us? You're going to fit right in.

I've been playing this game since 2011 and have one of the better hood economies you will find. Not the best, but easily above average... $74m

So yes, I know what I'm talking about.

mxz
06-02-2014, 06:50 PM
I'd love to read your IPH discussion threads and posts - would you mind posting links? Thanks! -m

nopenopenope
06-02-2014, 09:41 PM
#popcornsmuggin

CCC-syn
06-03-2014, 01:26 AM
That is your opinion. That's what works for YOU. In reality, 4 complete NC collections > 1 complete Teahouse collection if both buildings are at the same level. You can't argue against that with facts.
Congrats, good for you, applause, etc.
give him a break.
he is just 9 years old!

CCKallDAY
06-03-2014, 04:26 AM
"Pagoda good"

Where's brein?