PDA

View Full Version : Why does Gree hate thier customers?

jj JJ
05-30-2014, 05:30 AM
I rarely see business models were the company has so little respect for their customers as thinks so little of them that they openly lie to them. It seems illogical to have so much disdain for your customer base.

For a bit it seemed liked Gree was trying to do better and was communicating with us about upcoming event and the rewards from the events. Because they were unable to publish accurate information in an unbiased way they have decided to scrap that plan altogether. Now they act like Russia, North Korea, China, Bolivia, etc. and have decided to tell us bold face lies and expect that we are either too dumb to realize their lies for what they are.

Latest example is the current Raid Boss event where Gree has once again moved the goal posts and then published a bold face lie to all of saying its exactly the same with just some added value for some who may want to go further. Time to accept that this is total BS Gree. Not only are the levels much more difficult, the drop rates went down significantly.

Why not just tell us the truth? Do you really think the people playing your games are lemmings that will do whatever you want and will accept your lies as the truth?

Respectfully, jj

PITA4PRES
05-30-2014, 07:06 AM
MW is not the cash cow that it once was. Long time players, many of them heavy gold users, are either quitting or have changed their gold spending habits. For some unknown reason this translates to Gree thinking they need to have more gold heavy events to make up for the lost revenue. I feel that a lot of the reason people are quitting is the lack of respect that Gree has for its customers. They always seem to do the exact opposite of what the players want. Examples:

Players: Gree can you please give us more time between events?
Gree: Nah, let's throw a few more events into the mix and also throw some more unplanned events at them.

Players: Gree can you please make events that the average player can finish without going bankrupt?
Gree: Screw it. Let's make them even more energy heavy and make them cost 7-8 vaults of gold to complete, if not more.

Players: Can we get a heads up on what the events are going to be so we can plan ahead--is an event an iltq, fltq or both? Also can we be notified of any big changes to events beforehand?
Gree: Well we tried that, but we're so incompetent that we cannot even get event dates and start times right because no one here talks to one another that we don't want to be giving out false information, so we're going to stop all communication now until well after an event has started. That way you guys can tell us what the problems are and then we can decide if we're going to give you an answer and provide you with so little information that it only causes more and more problems. We just like to be a-holes like that.

These are basically every day occurrences with Gree now. I get that they do need to add some new elements to the game, and this new level for RB is an interesting one. However most factions are not going to be able to complete it. Some factions may be willing to spend the gold in order to complete it or at least see how far they can get with it, but it will also come down to whether or not they can farm enough folders. I get that you can buy folders, but Gree is basically putting people into a position of do I use gold to buy folders or just farm for them? With the drop rates as they are, it will be nearly impossible to farm enough to get through it. If Gree is going to continue with this added goal chain, they really need to make some other changes to the event as well.

First thing they need to do is move the RB event and make it the last event before WD begins. That will allow people more time to farm for folders needed. Second they need to increase the number of folders from two to a minimum of 5 that a person receives for using gold refills. Third they really need to consider changing RB health to full attack rather than just raw attack to give more factions even some semblance of a chance to finish it. Depending upon the requirements for the new goal chain, some factions will not have the time to complete it. They may be able to muster up the manpower by getting people in to help out, but it may not make a difference anyway. I have been fortunate to be in factions that have been able to complete RB in the past. I feel bad for factions that are able to get so close or have finally been able to finish it. I will say that what makes RB such a great event is the cooperation and willingness of those who have finished to help the little guy finish the event. While the new levels are an interesting twist(not saying it's a good twist because of the insane health) it will put smaller, weaker factions at even more of a disadvantage as some of those factions will no longer be able to finish. For people who have not yet figured it out, Gree has put the writing on the wall that this game is not going to be around for much longer. I don't see them wising up and listening when their players tell them what will keep them playing and make the appropriate changes. It is really too bad because this still has the potential to be a really great game with a lot of life left in it if it weren't for Gree's unwillingness to listen to the people.

Snatcher
05-30-2014, 07:10 AM
Only top 3has more then 10/20energy regen and what does everybody else gets just crappy units and higher energy..... So only top3 gets the benifit and everyone else gets screwed by gree

Mcm2013
05-30-2014, 07:23 AM
They don't care, because people are still spending. I have been one of the morons that kept spending but I'm done now. Will try free dropping a few accounts and will see if it is still fun. If not I will be gone

Tito89
05-30-2014, 07:29 AM
We need to remember that 2.5 years is a long time, times change and so do people's interests in games, it takes some serious commitment to stay playing the same game for that long. Gree is trying to make as much money out of the game before it ends up like monster quest, just a lifeless and empty shell of a once great game.

LW okie
05-30-2014, 10:10 AM
We need to remember that 2.5 years is a long time, times change and so do people's interests in games, it takes some serious commitment to stay playing the same game for that long. Gree is trying to make as much money out of the game before it ends up like monster quest, just a lifeless and empty shell of a once great game.

Too late..jumped the shark already

Blodiea
05-30-2014, 12:14 PM
Lol happy days

barrito
06-01-2014, 09:16 AM
MW is not the cash cow that it once was. Long time players, many of them heavy gold users, are either quitting or have changed their gold spending habits. For some unknown reason this translates to Gree thinking they need to have more gold heavy events to make up for the lost revenue. I feel that a lot of the reason people are quitting is the lack of respect that Gree has for its customers. They always seem to do the exact opposite of what the players want. Examples:

Players: Gree can you please give us more time between events?
Gree: Nah, let's throw a few more events into the mix and also throw some more unplanned events at them.

Players: Gree can you please make events that the average player can finish without going bankrupt?
Gree: Screw it. Let's make them even more energy heavy and make them cost 7-8 vaults of gold to complete, if not more.

Players: Can we get a heads up on what the events are going to be so we can plan ahead--is an event an iltq, fltq or both? Also can we be notified of any big changes to events beforehand?
Gree: Well we tried that, but we're so incompetent that we cannot even get event dates and start times right because no one here talks to one another that we don't want to be giving out false information, so we're going to stop all communication now until well after an event has started. That way you guys can tell us what the problems are and then we can decide if we're going to give you an answer and provide you with so little information that it only causes more and more problems. We just like to be a-holes like that.

These are basically every day occurrences with Gree now. I get that they do need to add some new elements to the game, and this new level for RB is an interesting one. However most factions are not going to be able to complete it. Some factions may be willing to spend the gold in order to complete it or at least see how far they can get with it, but it will also come down to whether or not they can farm enough folders. I get that you can buy folders, but Gree is basically putting people into a position of do I use gold to buy folders or just farm for them? With the drop rates as they are, it will be nearly impossible to farm enough to get through it. If Gree is going to continue with this added goal chain, they really need to make some other changes to the event as well.

First thing they need to do is move the RB event and make it the last event before WD begins. That will allow people more time to farm for folders needed. Second they need to increase the number of folders from two to a minimum of 5 that a person receives for using gold refills. Third they really need to consider changing RB health to full attack rather than just raw attack to give more factions even some semblance of a chance to finish it. Depending upon the requirements for the new goal chain, some factions will not have the time to complete it. They may be able to muster up the manpower by getting people in to help out, but it may not make a difference anyway. I have been fortunate to be in factions that have been able to complete RB in the past. I feel bad for factions that are able to get so close or have finally been able to finish it. I will say that what makes RB such a great event is the cooperation and willingness of those who have finished to help the little guy finish the event. While the new levels are an interesting twist(not saying it's a good twist because of the insane health) it will put smaller, weaker factions at even more of a disadvantage as some of those factions will no longer be able to finish. For people who have not yet figured it out, Gree has put the writing on the wall that this game is not going to be around for much longer. I don't see them wising up and listening when their players tell them what will keep them playing and make the appropriate changes. It is really too bad because this still has the potential to be a really great game with a lot of life left in it if it weren't for Gree's unwillingness to listen to the people.

Very well written post. I think another problem is that the decisions are being made in Japan vs USA when Funzio was in charge and their thinking is different. If you look at the top grossing games you will notice that they require minimal money to play and even high schoolers with little or no money can play and enjoy. Massive amounts of cash and time are not necessary but yet they take in much more than MW which hovers around 50 except for a bump to 8-10 at WD time. Its just a different philosophy building a long term stable of games which bring in lots of money by appealing to a wide range of players vs appealing to a hard core players by making games that require constant playing and massive amounts of cash to keep up. Taking any time off causes you to miss a unit and fall hopelessly behind. Only time will tell which philosophy is better.

Jhenry02
06-01-2014, 12:55 PM
It's severely depressing to me the route this game has taken.
I don't even have a chance anymore. I refuse to spend any money on the game because what does $20 get you? Nothing.
I've probably spent $200 in clash of clans and can actually see results for my $5-$10 purchases.

They are destroying the final event I truly enjoyed, the raid boss.
Master level? Rofl, $800 just to participate and that doesn't count what it would cost to FINISH.

They aren't even trying to hide it anymore. They want this game to be for the elite, the people that can spend $5000 a month on a game. The business model is unsustainable. If you have 500 players that you use to make your nut and everyone else can **** off; what's going to happen when 10% of them get bored and leave. The 10% of the top 500 will hurt more than losing 10% of the remaining 9500 that you have already alienated.

This game is the complete reverse of Walmart. Instead of more for less, it's gimme and **** you too.

Perhaps their is a reason that Clash of Clans is now #1 and modern war is no where near its former top 10 spot.

Food for thought.

-Jason

Ps for more info on clash feel free to let me know.