PDA

View Full Version : FYI Personal information shared(sold)

Lord Green
05-24-2014, 07:23 PM
Ive never read the terms and conditions or the privacy policy - then again, who has?
Has anyone ever "disagreed" with their terms of service or privacy policy and are still able to play the game??
Anyway, these are excerpts from tree's "privacy" policy:

Other Methods of Collection

GREE may also acquire information from you through other activities you may participate in, which may include

Your access and participation in message boards/forums
Your emails to customer support
Your purchase of any virtual goods or virtual currencies
Your participation in surveys
Your participation in contests or sweepstakes.

Disclosure of Your Personal Information

Your personal information will not be disclosed outside of GREE and its affiliates other than as approved by you or as follows:

With your consent.
This may occur, for example, when you agree to allow GREE to sharing your information with third parties for their marketing purposes and subject to their privacy policies.
To engage third parties to perform services on GREE's behalf.
This may occur, for example, when GREE uses a third party to send you emails. These third parties are not permitted to use your personal information for any purpose other than providing services to GREE. As permitted by or to comply with law or to protect rights. GREE may release your personal information as permitted by law or if GREE believes that doing so is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce or exercise GREE's rights or to protect GREE's, GREE's users' or other third parties' property, rights or safety.
In aggregate and anonymous form.
GREE may share aggregate and anonymous information about you with advertisers, publishers and other third parties.
In connection with a corporate transaction.
GREE may share your personal information in connection with any merger, acquisition, sale of assets, or other corporate combination or financing.

a video game wants all this information...

fatbodychris
05-24-2014, 08:18 PM
I bet you don't have Facebook, pay any bills online, use a cell phone, or have any apps installed on your phone. I bet if you read TOS of everything this would seem that bad. I'm sure there are many others that do share your info or sell it to third parties.

And usually the answer is no, you must accept TOS or you won't get access to any apps or services.

Lord Green
05-24-2014, 09:00 PM
You sure have a lot of faith in your bets.

i'll refer you to the last comment on my post:

fatbodychris
05-24-2014, 09:55 PM
You sure have a lot of faith in your bets.

i'll refer you to the last comment on my post:

Ok. So you're 65 years old and the only person who uses the internet for one game only, MW. Every TOS though regardless is written in the same language. It doesn't matter if it's a game or iTunes. You had to accept iTunes TOS which are much worse. And that's just to have iTunes. You don't even have to download or buy anything but yet you still give up all the same info.

You're really making a big stink over something that's common practice. You're on the internet. Don't expect any privacy. Your info can be bought and sold at will.

Mastert55!
05-24-2014, 10:32 PM
They are milking the players for every single penny they can get. people's email addressed sold in bulk can actually bring in a lot of revenue. It can be sold to big companies like, coca cola or any other company that sends out coupons in email blasts

fatbodychris
05-24-2014, 10:55 PM
First and foremost, GREE is a business. GREE doesn't care about you. They want to make money. When's the last time you got a free soda from coco cola? I couldn't tell you the last time I did. But I can tell you I've played modern war for free for a year. GREE isn't forcing anyone to buy anything their game provides. And I've gotten free gold from watching 30 second videos. More free stuff than I've ever got from Coke.

And second, you shouldn't really cry about their TOS. You aGREEd to them when you signed up. Ohhh must be another shady business practice. You aGREEd and now wanna hold court here because you have buyers remorse.

Dirty Mind
05-24-2014, 11:04 PM
Have you read the terms and conditions for itunes? Better know what your agreeing to or you'll end up in some awful apple experiments. Ever heard of the human cent-ipad?

Lord Green
05-25-2014, 08:27 AM
First and foremost, GREE is a business. GREE doesn't care about you. They want to make money. When's the last time you got a free soda from coco cola? I couldn't tell you the last time I did. But I can tell you I've played modern war for free for a year. GREE isn't forcing anyone to buy anything their game provides. And I've gotten free gold from watching 30 second videos. More free stuff than I've ever got from Coke.

And second, you shouldn't really cry about their TOS. You aGREEd to them when you signed up. Ohhh must be another shady business practice. You aGREEd and now wanna hold court here because you have buyers remorse.

this thread is an "FYI." no need to side with gree or get so defensive. smile :)

unless you're a co-owner of the company and are financially benefitting from this, which is why you might be trying to discredit this thread...