PDA

View Full Version : what should be done about the max attack problem?

thunder
05-24-2014, 08:10 AM
probably some of you dont know is the max attack and max def is 2,147,483,647. some people now have max attack so any attack boosts they get now mean nothing. if you google that number you will find out that other game companies have this problem its not gree. yes gree shouldnt had the inflation so high. they probably over looked the 2.147 problem. the only thing i can think of that can be done is to lower the allies. than people will be mad that they lowered the allies. maybe in 6 months or whenever people will start having max defense. sorry if this has already been mention here I dont come here everyday

Maz
05-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Cj posted it was only visually "capped" st that amount on the client, but in reality does go above and they are working on trying to resolve it by perhaps abbreviating the attack score, ie, 1.1bil (for example)

Cj's quote

The actual behind-the-scenes number for defense/attack is stored as a really big integer that isn't ever going to be hit by anyone. It is a really, really big number. We had some display issues that were causing things to appear to be capped on the client only.

I'm actually not sure if we added this to the game yet or not, but the plan was to abbreviate the numbers (1,100,000,000 becomes "1.1bil" or similar) for clarity.

Found here -

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?91992-Why-aren-t-sup-players-being-banned/page5&highlight=1.1bil

mwfighter
05-24-2014, 10:39 AM
Cj posted it was only visually "capped" st that amount on the client, but in reality does go above and they are working on trying to resolve it by perhaps abbreviating the attack score, ie, 1.1bil (for example)

Cj's quote

The actual behind-the-scenes number for defense/attack is stored as a really big integer that isn't ever going to be hit by anyone. It is a really, really big number. We had some display issues that were causing things to appear to be capped on the client only.

I'm actually not sure if we added this to the game yet or not, but the plan was to abbreviate the numbers (1,100,000,000 becomes "1.1bil" or similar) for clarity.

Found here -

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?91992-Why-aren-t-sup-players-being-banned/page5&highlight=1.1bil

You don't understand the difference...

One is a bug in the visual representation of the number

The other is a maximum possible value.

Not the same problem

Maz
05-24-2014, 12:09 PM
You don't understand the difference...

One is a bug in the visual representation of the number

The other is a maximum possible value.

Not the same problem

Do you know the max possible value. Cause from what's been said, no ones hit it, and what you THINK is the max value, actually is not and its just client side

Example would be like the level 100bosses, if you weren't updated it visually was incorrect on client, but actually much more on the server

Maybe Cj could elaborate abit more detail on his post

mwfighter
05-26-2014, 05:25 AM
Do you know the max possible value. Cause from what's been said, no ones hit it, and what you THINK is the max value, actually is not and its just client side

Example would be like the level 100bosses, if you weren't updated it visually was incorrect on client, but actually much more on the server

Maybe Cj could elaborate abit more detail on his post

"Do you know the max possible value. Cause from what's been said, no ones hit it, and what you THINK is the max value, actually is not and its just client side" <-- Did you even read the original post in the thread!?

And yes, people have hit it, I've seen it, 2^31 is the highest value.

And no, Gree has had server side issues with using data types too small for values then requires updates to update client side code, so ummmm... yah, again you speak with little knowledge

Veritas aequitas
05-27-2014, 09:16 PM
And do you believe gree? I still remember cj saying that DBJs don't stack..

Pidgeot
05-27-2014, 09:35 PM
What they can do is remove a 0 from each unit. It wont affect anything but the cap, leaving all gameplay the same.

Donkey
05-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Yes, we now live in Congo, periodically make billions millions...

What they can do is remove a 0 from each unit. It wont affect anything but the cap, leaving all gameplay the same.

Luke7676
05-28-2014, 07:41 AM
I like the idea of abbreviating the attack and defense scores. It would make things much simpler in game. Especially when your looking at a rival profile :)