PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Picture

SimplyminiMW
05-24-2014, 06:48 AM
So now that "less then 30" have been banned for health regen hacks the real questions are...
1)How long have they been doing it
2)What else did it effect?

I can't elaborate on question 1 but for question 2 that's a different story.

If said people in all these top factions were truly using health regen hacks that means raid bosses & epic bosses were also effected. Meaning these people were able to farm higher then normal raid bosses. Farm epic bosses non stop (minus the horrible summoning that with it).

Picture a faction under normal situations not being able to farm RB's lvl 100 bosses at will. Add these "regen hackers" and poof you have instant stronger members.

So on one side you have the guilty and on the other side you those that also benefitted from their evil doing. An obvious slope to the game caused by these "few bad apples".

I only bring this up because everyone is focused on the world domination points they easily put up. But lets be honest they wouldn't have been able to put up such easy points if they weren't strong enough.

Oh yeah, does this sound familiar?
"Anyone need help on lvl 100 raid bosses? my cool buddies & I are willing to help for free"

DIABLOPEZ
05-24-2014, 09:13 AM
Oh yeah, does this sound familiar?
"Anyone need help on lvl 100 raid bosses? my cool buddies & I are willing to help for free"

What you are trying to say with this is B-****, i know lots of guys including myself, trying to help out smaller factions, and also to get some of the 18/18 units needed for individual goal.

Mcdoc
05-24-2014, 10:02 AM
I think you are mixing Bad Apples with Good Oranges.

The greedy self serving hackers you mention are not the same kind of helpful folks who would run around and help lower factions for no gain. On the other hand - there are a lot of high level teams that finish a 5 day event in under 18 hours just fom pure stregth - then go out to help other teams in a "pay it forward" method to promote a better spirit in the game and have fun with other teams. I can't name all of the factions I "jumped" into to help - nor do I seek a accalades for doing so - but it was very fulfilling to help smaller teams with much lower stats reach higher goals than they could have without the help of a few "mega accounts" jumping in to help. I do it for that good feeling of helping others and having teams realize that there is a really "cool" element of teamwork in the game.

I can can tell you this - there are a lot of lower level teams that maybe never heard of VFF that now have a high respect for how we are a team of good guys who work hard together to reach our goals and then enjoy helping others excel in their goals. If you haven't experienced that good feeling of helping a top 1500 team who's top guy is 60 million - then you're missing out on one of the most rewarding social aspects of this game !

Dont think just because someone is helping another team that there is some sinister reason behind it :/

THAT - my friend - IS the Bigger a picture :)

Rowe1985
05-24-2014, 10:14 AM
Mcdoc sums up he attitude that makes the game what it is, not the minority.

Dreson7
05-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Dude. You literally joined this game a month ago. Don't just think all of a sudden you can start ranting off about things you don't even know about. Learn some knowledge of the game before you make such childish posts.

Led
05-24-2014, 12:24 PM
Having a strong group of factions like VFF is a great way to gain strength.

mreilly
05-24-2014, 12:41 PM
Wow we get it guys.. you're all so awesome that you help other factions. Way to toot your own horn.. bravo. You all missed the point of his post obviously.

SimplyminiMW
05-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Dude. You literally joined this game a month ago. Don't just think all of a sudden you can start ranting off about things you don't even know about. Learn some knowledge of the game before you make such childish posts.

2.5 years I've always been here

Wow we get it guys.. you're all so awesome that you help other factions. Way to toot your own horn.. bravo. You all missed the point of his post obviously.

Exactly. Of course there are some good guys out there. Do not kid yourself, these guys took full advantage of their hacks and gained more then y'all think would be possible.
The damage they did to the community doesn't just start & end with wd. Take 5 mins to think about what you would have done with unlimited health.

Dirty Mind
05-24-2014, 07:52 PM
Ditto Mcdoc. I got to the point where I could help others during the last raid boss. Really enjoyed it and I look forward to doing it again. FYI I have only a single deadly bridge jumper, no glitched valor units, just hard work, time, and a little money spent. Sorry to "toot my own horn".

DFI
05-24-2014, 09:21 PM
Sorry but the OP is mixing points as mcdoc said.

For point one, agreed. But this f'd up company isn't willing to make things right. Any team that the guy with the 13 bridge jumpers played on should lose their rewards. And I mean go back into the logs and find each team. OR, for the 30 or so identified hackers, find out which teams they played on and take away all faction rewards for every event the people participated in. I don't believe in this 'how can I monitor all 60 players' bs. Don't be a faction leader if you can't vet a mere 60 people. It's not like you have 60 new teammates every day, the incremental is 5 or so. But unfortunately, the programmers are inept or unwilling to identify the hackers themselves, only cleaning out players that other users identify.

For point two, as mcdoc said, i doubt the hackers are so willing to help. Unless you think global, gow and others who help are also hackers. I scored about 20 billion points for a single low level team, while only scoring 7 billion for my own. And no, 20 billion took three days as I don't have an unlimited health regen.

Mastert55!
05-24-2014, 10:23 PM
Just because I jumped into a small faction, a top 500, and did 30 billion damage wanting nothing but bosses to hit in return, makes people like me regen hackers. Like McDoc said, we do it to help out others that can't, and also to better out name. This is one of the many things top 10 ppl do to help. Sup went down to 15 ppl during the raid boss from going out and helping smaller factions, it's highly encouraged in any top faction, especially if you can 2 shot a L90 boss.