PDA

View Full Version : Hacked Money?

Ciara
05-23-2014, 07:20 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but if someone has hundreds of thousands or even millions of cash unbanked, yet you can't rob them back when they've robbed you, why is that? The only reason I can think is because it's not 'real' money but artificially generated money. Anyone know the answer?

cyko
05-23-2014, 07:47 PM
You know you don't actually "rob" any body in this game right? You rob buildings, and if they aren't available to be robbed, than you cant rob them.

montecore
05-23-2014, 08:37 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but if someone has hundreds of thousands or even millions of cash unbanked, yet you can't rob them back when they've robbed you, why is that? The only reason I can think is because it's not 'real' money but artificially generated money. Anyone know the answer?

Some people only rob/attack others. Lupo and Lucifer (both retired I think) did it that way.

therealbengie
05-23-2014, 08:46 PM
they have already been hit too many times, its not a cheat

Dat Guy
05-24-2014, 04:00 PM
Not sure if this is what the OP is talking about, but I have attacked people that clearly shows that they have X amount of cash on hand, win the battle, and get $0. Not exactly sure what is going on in that case, but it has happened more than once.

Ciara
05-24-2014, 04:05 PM
Not sure if this is what the OP is talking about, but I have attacked people that clearly shows that they have X amount of cash on hand, win the battle, and get $0. Not exactly sure what is going on in that case, but it has happened more than once.

Yup, that's exactly what I meant :)

therealbengie
05-24-2014, 04:16 PM
ahh, that's just server lag. annoyingly I logged in and collected my unrobbed buildings then 2 mins later got a notification that I had been robbed 1 minute ago and my cash dropped.

The_
05-24-2014, 06:01 PM
The player banked his cash before he got robbed, possibly (as stated above) due to server lag, coincidence, or other factors.

Ciara
05-24-2014, 06:36 PM
I'd agree re: the lag if it wasn't that the unbanked cash is always in the hundreds of thousands (minimum) and unlikely to be the proceeds of a single robbing spree, suggesting that they aren't bankers.

namedud
05-24-2014, 11:22 PM
A number of things could be occurring here, but simply put, you've probably caught your rival in the process of robbing, attacking, collecting their hood, buying cash, or any other action that pays a lot of game dollars, and between the time you loaded their hood/profile and the time that you've attacked them, they banked their cash.

When you load a rival's hood/profile, it doesn't change until you reload it which, as far as I know, requires you to exit the hood and return afterwards. That means the numbers in their profile page won't change at all for the duration of your current visit. So if the rival had a lot of cash out and then banked it you would really only know after attacking them and not winning any cash.

If you wish to test this theory, just visit a rival and check their fights won/lost record. Attack the rival while noting the outcome of each action and check their profile again. Fight record should remain unchanged, and does not update with any user initiated server contact.

therealbengie
05-25-2014, 04:49 AM
I'd agree re: the lag if it wasn't that the unbanked cash is always in the hundreds of thousands (minimum) and unlikely to be the proceeds of a single robbing spree, suggesting that they aren't bankers.

hundred of thousands? and? I just 5 mins ago walked into a hood and 2 mins later walked out with 30mil on hand, i'm nothing like as active as I used to be and rob around 50-150mil a day and bank all of it as I have free banking.

Ciara
05-25-2014, 09:25 AM
hundred of thousands? and? I just 5 mins ago walked into a hood and 2 mins later walked out with 30mil on hand, i'm nothing like as active as I used to be and rob around 50-150mil a day and bank all of it as I have free banking.

I'm thrilled for you.

therealbengie
05-25-2014, 09:27 AM
I'm thrilled for you.

just pointing out that "hundreds of thousands of dollars" means nothing, especially with the new range of LTB's.

maybe if you were less sarcastic and more receptive you would be further on in this game.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
05-25-2014, 11:33 PM
just pointing out that "hundreds of thousands of dollars" means nothing, especially with the new range of LTB's..

Agreed. 100's of thousands of game $ is nothing Ciara.

Ciara
05-27-2014, 12:42 PM
I'm grateful for the help. I wasn't being mathematically accurate nor did I see the need to be, since my point was about understanding why cash on hand wasn't robbable, so I am grateful to those who responded thoughtfully and constructively. I wasn't asking to enter a "p*issing up the wall" competition. And I'm satisfactorily far enough on in the game, thanks sweetie, but still interested in an intelligent, no bragging debate.

Paulio.
05-27-2014, 05:17 PM
just pointing out that "hundreds of thousands of dollars" means nothing, especially with the new range of LTB's.

maybe if you were less sarcastic and more receptive you would be further on in this game.

Agreed. 100's of thousands of game $ is nothing Ciara.

I'm grateful for the help. I wasn't being mathematically accurate nor did I see the need to be, since my point was about understanding why cash on hand wasn't robbable, so I am grateful to those who responded thoughtfully and constructively. I wasn't asking to enter a "p*issing up the wall" competition. And I'm satisfactorily far enough on in the game, thanks sweetie, but still interested in an intelligent, no bragging debate.

Ciara really made you guys look like chumps. Perhaps you fellas should size up your competition first.

@Ciara - you go girl!