PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have problems initiating double upgrade after new update?

General Luke
05-23-2014, 09:11 AM
I am getting a server error when trying to initiate second upgrade.

Sir Jamie
05-23-2014, 09:19 AM
Same problem here General Luke.

It's no wonder that we fear to update our games.

General Luke
05-23-2014, 09:24 AM
Same problem here General Luke.

It's no wonder that we fear to update our games.

I should have known better...too anxious to see individual rewards. Damn, I had my weekend upgrades all planned out to bring me undervault.

psuengineer
05-23-2014, 09:51 AM
Another individual in my faction has also seen the cost of their upgrades increase about 10% after the software update. This seems to indicate another bonus unit that is not recognized. I have not upgraded to the new version yet and am now holding off until these issues are clarified.

whitefire
05-23-2014, 10:09 AM
Quite a few in my faction have the upgrade and the cost issues

Tardavic
05-23-2014, 01:17 PM
Hey guys,

We just wanted to let you know that we are aware of a possible issue with upgrading multiple buildings with the latest update 4.1 for Modern War iOS.

We have tested and confirmed that there was a bug with the ability to upgrade multiple buildings at the same time if you have the bonus to do so. If you are on 4.1 this bug should no longer be happening.

If you have this bonus and are not able to upgrade multiple buildings, then please send in a ticket to Support so that we can further investigate.

Please also include any and as much information you can, including screen shots.

Thanks!

Tardavic
05-23-2014, 01:23 PM
I am getting a server error when trying to initiate second upgrade.

In regards to the server error you are receiving, can you provide a screen shot showing this error, as this will help with any additional investigation?

Tardavic
05-23-2014, 01:26 PM
Another individual in my faction has also seen the cost of their upgrades increase about 10% after the software update. This seems to indicate another bonus unit that is not recognized. I have not upgraded to the new version yet and am now holding off until these issues are clarified.

As with the cost of the upgrade bonus with the new upgrade, we will be sure to look into this as well.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

{Kill Joy}
05-23-2014, 01:33 PM
2 upgrades are now working with current IOS version.

Hey guys,

We just wanted to let you know that we are aware of a possible issue with upgrading multiple buildings with the latest update 4.1 for Modern War iOS.

We have tested and confirmed that there was a bug with the ability to upgrade multiple buildings at the same time if you have the bonus to do so. If you are on 4.1 this bug should no longer be happening.

If you have this bonus and are not able to upgrade multiple buildings, then please send in a ticket to Support so that we can further investigate.

Please also include any and as much information you can, including screen shots.

Thanks!

sbs2716g
05-23-2014, 03:26 PM
After upgrading to the latest version of ios for mw I can't log in at all. Anyone else encounter this? Reinstalling does not work as well. The game close once I click the mw icon

Tardavic
05-23-2014, 04:45 PM
After upgrading to the latest version of ios for mw I can't log in at all. Anyone else encounter this? Reinstalling does not work as well. The game close once I click the mw icon

If you would, please send in a ticket to Support so that an agent can further assist you and ask any questions relevant to this matter.

sbs2716g
05-23-2014, 05:03 PM
If you would, please send in a ticket to Support so that an agent can further assist you and ask any questions relevant to this matter.

Already send a ticket #1632326 to support. Once I click the app icon the mw screen appear for one sec n then close. Reinstalling n rebooting device are of no use at all. So now i am shut out of wd.

watermelon123
05-23-2014, 06:33 PM
my modern war app was running great until i installed the new 4.1 version upgrade last night!! it doesn't even open!! it just crashes and i can't get on it at all!! i should have not upgraded the app. i'm missing grabbing greece wd event. will the app be fixed so i can get back on modern war? how do i contact support if i can't even open the game?!? thank you.

Bungle79
05-24-2014, 03:19 AM
I can't do the 2 upgrades either since the update. Have sent in a ticket.

Thumpr
05-24-2014, 05:02 AM
As with the cost of the upgrade bonus with the new upgrade, we will be sure to look into this as well.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!tardavic, sorry, didn't see that the upgrade cost was included in this thread when I started my thread.

c-mander
05-24-2014, 08:17 AM
i am currently sitting over vault. i had planned on starting my lvl 10 upgrade of the greece biulding this morning. cant upgrade. been tryin for eight hours. now i am losing all my money cause im paying out 300k per hit and everyone is hittin me. probably be monday before my support ticket gets read.

Steve101
05-24-2014, 09:08 AM
exactly the same for me, did update

Steve101
05-24-2014, 09:10 AM
exactly the same as sbs, foolishly did update, and can no longer run game, reinstalling doesnt work. Very convenient in the middle of wd.

lemonhaze
05-24-2014, 09:23 AM
thats what happen on mine to..my upgrades are alot cheaper now then they was so that goes to show us as u said the cost upgrades wasnt wroking...i paid 8.1b for each of my AMR to 10 im sure they would have been about 400m cheaper

fatbodychris
05-24-2014, 12:20 PM
How does one get to upgrade 2 buildings at once? Is there a special boost or unit???

lemonhaze
05-24-2014, 12:53 PM
How does one get to upgrade 2 buildings at once? Is there a special boost or unit???

yea it was a fltq unit that allowed to upgrade 2 buildings at once..it was called the Onslaught assault carrier

Tardavic
05-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Hey guys, we just wanted to give you an update regarding the server error received when attempting a building upgrade.

The server error happens when you attempt to upgrade more buildings than your maximum allowance for building upgrades. Unless you have a bonus unit which allows for 2 or 3 buildings to be upgraded at the same time, the maximum limit is 1 building.

This issue has been corrected, and the fix will be made available in a future game update. After the matter is fixed, instead of receiving an error message, you will receive a message which tells you which building is currently in upgrade status.

If you are receiving an error message when making a building upgrade and this does not apply to your case, then please send in a ticket to Support so that we further investigate.

General Luke
05-24-2014, 02:58 PM
Thx for update. Seems to be working okay again.

psuengineer
05-24-2014, 08:14 PM
thanks for the update! Any resolution to the cost issue and the upgrade cost reduction that should be applied from the cement factory not working? Thanks again!

shaunyp
05-25-2014, 03:21 AM
Unbelivable just spent real money for a building upgrade....It keeps saying cannot reach server but it lets me play the game and buy money its out of order gree as i will now get attacked and lose some of my money ive been saving

General Luke
05-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Looks like double upgrade fixed but upgrade cost boosts are not working now. Sent in a support ticket. Down $500M to $1B so far due to this new problem.

Donkey
05-25-2014, 09:13 PM
Actually, wouldn't work for one blg (that I wanted to upgrade), got server error, tried another and it worked although obviously not what I wanted to upgrade. this is crap.

Hey guys, we just wanted to give you an update regarding the server error received when attempting a building upgrade.

The server error happens when you attempt to upgrade more buildings than your maximum allowance for building upgrades. Unless you have a bonus unit which allows for 2 or 3 buildings to be upgraded at the same time, the maximum limit is 1 building.

This issue has been corrected, and the fix will be made available in a future game update. After the matter is fixed, instead of receiving an error message, you will receive a message which tells you which building is currently in upgrade status.

If you are receiving an error message when making a building upgrade and this does not apply to your case, then please send in a ticket to Support so that we further investigate.

What?
05-26-2014, 09:19 PM
Awesome fix...not. Before you guys decided to "fix" things, I could upgrade two buildings and while two were building I could also see how much the next upgrade would cost so I could plan. If I already had two buildings upgrading and tried a third it would say "cannot connect to server try again" or something like that, but it was clear that this was due to not being able to upgrade a 3rd building. This was perfectly acceptable and actually liked it much better with being able to see how much the upgrades would cost. Well now your fix I can't even upgrade a single building let alone two. Way to fix it gree, keep up the unnecessary fixing that actually makes the game worse. I'll just sit around with 1.2 billion on my account so I can get attacked by lvl 300 players that never show up on my rivals list.

Update: The reason I was getting the error was because I didn't have enough money (even though I did). I don't think the -% cost is working because I should have had over 150m left after upgrading and I was left with only 11m. So not only are the buildings more expensive, the price it shows is not the price you have to pay.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/slowmotionnoob/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-05/2AD4A4A5-068C-4B3B-B35C-4529724DDC7B.jpg (http://s270.photobucket.com/user/slowmotionnoob/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-05/2AD4A4A5-068C-4B3B-B35C-4529724DDC7B.jpg.html)

lemonhaze
05-26-2014, 10:48 PM
Awesome fix...not. Before you guys decided to "fix" things, I could upgrade two buildings and while two were building I could also see how much the next upgrade would cost so I could plan. If I already had two buildings upgrading and tried a third it would say "cannot connect to server try again" or something like that, but it was clear that this was due to not being able to upgrade a 3rd building. This was perfectly acceptable and actually liked it much better with being able to see how much the upgrades would cost. Well now your fix I can't even upgrade a single building let alone two. Way to fix it gree, keep up the unnecessary fixing that actually makes the game worse. I'll just sit around with 1.2 billion on my account so I can get attacked by lvl 300 players that never show up on my rivals list.

Update: The reason I was getting the error was because I didn't have enough money (even though I did). I don't think the -% cost is working because I should have had over 150m left after upgrading and I was left with only 11m. So not only are the buildings more expensive, the price it shows is not the price you have to pay.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/slowmotionnoob/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-05/2AD4A4A5-068C-4B3B-B35C-4529724DDC7B.jpg (http://s270.photobucket.com/user/slowmotionnoob/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-05/2AD4A4A5-068C-4B3B-B35C-4529724DDC7B.jpg.html)
100% agree..they fix things that isnt broke but let the other things that actaully need to be fixed left alone..like u i liked the fact that even when i had 2 buildings upgradeing b4 i could still check and see what the time and cost was of the other..i like to know the time so i can plan when to upgrade so when i do i dont have my buildings all out of sync and have to get one raided...i could just plan on when the upgrade would finish and calculate it so that it would finsih when i collect my 24/48s..great job gree once again with the flawless fixing& programming u guys provide to us even after makeing 2 millon this weekend *barf*..i find it funnny they always want to blame everthing on our internet connection when everthing else works fine when this app is the only one that says that but my internet works perfect or i wouldnt be on here..HELLO!!

elangomatt
05-27-2014, 07:55 AM

Unfortunately, the price that displays in game is actually incorrect but the cash that is taken out is the correct amount. I've been tracking my upgrade prices in a separate spreadsheet for ages and all of my upgrade prices appeared to drop after the last game update (I think) but my bonuses hadn't changed. Last time I upgraded a building the amount taken out matched what was in my spreadsheet but was more than the cost that was displayed in game. I too get the error in your screenshot if I tried to upgrade a building and I had enough cash according to the cost displayed in game but not enough cash for the cost in my spreadsheet.

As far as the ability to see the cost of the next upgrade during other upgrades, that was actually a fairly recent addition. People have been asking for that ability since the beginning of the game. I thought it was a nice addition but obviously Gree(d) thought it was a bug that had to be fixed. The inability to see upgrade prices/times in game during upgrades is actually the reason why I made a spreadsheet to keep track of it all.

Donkey
05-27-2014, 08:07 AM
Aha. So basically it happens bc we don't have enough cash bc their upgrade cost isn't tracking properly. Makes sense and good catch. Gree, your debuggers have found the issue so when are you going to fix it???

Unfortunately, the price that displays in game is actually incorrect but the cash that is taken out is the correct amount. I've been tracking my upgrade prices in a separate spreadsheet for ages and all of my upgrade prices appeared to drop after the last game update (I think) but my bonuses hadn't changed. Last time I upgraded a building the amount taken out matched what was in my spreadsheet but was more than the cost that was displayed in game. I too get the error in your screenshot if I tried to upgrade a building and I had enough cash according to the cost displayed in game but not enough cash for the cost in my spreadsheet.

As far as the ability to see the cost of the next upgrade during other upgrades, that was actually a fairly recent addition. People have been asking for that ability since the beginning of the game. I thought it was a nice addition but obviously Gree(d) thought it was a bug that had to be fixed. The inability to see upgrade prices/times in game during upgrades is actually the reason why I made a spreadsheet to keep track of it all.

Raru
05-27-2014, 02:33 PM
What about all those players who lost chance to play the game at all after the latest update applied ?!!
Is there any solution on the way ?!!

Donkey
05-27-2014, 02:41 PM
Still not fixed..

psuengineer
05-28-2014, 12:01 PM
bump for an answer on when this cost error will be resolved....

Even though the correct amount is taken out of your vault, you still can't initiate the upgrade unless you have the incorrect value (which is higher than the actual cost) of cash at your disposal. Sure, this isn't that big of a deal for some buildings, but it's a major PITA when you're upgrading a 500million LE and you need to have an extra 50 million above that just to initiate the upgrade.

Yahoo
05-28-2014, 02:49 PM
What about all those players who lost chance to play the game at all after the latest update applied ?!!
Is there any solution on the way ?!!

I installed the latest update (may 23 I think) and the game does not start anymore. The little circle indicating connection atempt doesn't even apear.
iPhone 3GS iOS 5.0.1
13.6Gb 2.9Gb free.
Unistalled and reinstalled like for server connection problems in FA.
Freed memory by uninstalling some apps.
Is this a general problem? Does it not work anymore with the old iOS 5.0.1?

Tardavic
05-28-2014, 03:17 PM
thanks for the update! Any resolution to the cost issue and the upgrade cost reduction that should be applied from the cement factory not working? Thanks again!

We apologize for the late response, but we are currently looking into the cost reduction upgrade for the Cement Factory.

We will do our best to keep you updated!

Donkey
05-28-2014, 07:02 PM
It takes out the incorrect amount

bump for an answer on when this cost error will be resolved....

Even though the correct amount is taken out of your vault, you still can't initiate the upgrade unless you have the incorrect value (which is higher than the actual cost) of cash at your disposal. Sure, this isn't that big of a deal for some buildings, but it's a major PITA when you're upgrading a 500million LE and you need to have an extra 50 million above that just to initiate the upgrade.

Gerard Figallo
05-28-2014, 07:06 PM
I've been upgrading my AMR, AC and villas over the past week and it has been costing me the extra 10% which can get into the billions for those buildings, any chance of getting the money refunded that we lost?

elangomatt
05-29-2014, 12:52 PM
Aha. So basically it happens bc we don't have enough cash bc their upgrade cost isn't tracking properly. Makes sense and good catch. Gree, your debuggers have found the issue so when are you going to fix it???

Precisely. It requires you have enough the real upgrade cost, not the upgrade cost being displayed. Not enough cash for the real upgrade cost it still won't let you upgrade. The error just doesn't come up right because of the bug with the cost that is displayed.

I've been upgrading my AMR, AC and villas over the past week and it has been costing me the extra 10% which can get into the billions for those buildings, any chance of getting the money refunded that we lost?

You'll probably get the money refunded when we get an LTQ that can be finished without gold with a +3 per minute regen... in other words NEVER!

I am actually positive that Gree(d) messed up the programming of the cost that is displayed, but the amount of cash they are withdrawing is absolutely correct. I maintain a spreadsheet of all of my upgrade costs so I can plan what I want to upgrade next. I just started an upgrade to the Taj Mahal. The in game cost shows 282,843,400. Before starting the upgrade, I had 424,208,400 cash. After the upgrade I had 71,824,917 cash. The amount I was charged for the upgrade was 352,383,155. The upgrade cost I've had recorded in my spreadsheet for ages is 352.4 million. (I always keep my costs updated in my spreadsheet, too bad I can't accurately keep things up to date until this gets fixed!)

TL;DR version: The cash Gree(d) is taking from you for upgrades is correct, the cost of the upgrade displayed in game is screwed up.

Thumpr
05-29-2014, 03:05 PM
So they closed my ticket....but cement factory not fixed yet. Gotcha. Warm fuzzy here. If you'll excuse me, I'll be at Title Loan getting a lien on my car to pay the cell phone data overage fees.

psuengineer
05-29-2014, 03:23 PM
It takes out the incorrect amount

Not for me it doesn't.

sw71
08-19-2014, 02:11 PM
Bump bumo bumo