PDA

View Full Version : Support refusing to restoring buildings...

Sandhawk
05-23-2014, 05:14 AM
CJ54, still waiting on some help here.

Too many people trying to run scams on the Support department using building unsells. It was/is a frustrating situation all around.

CJ54, no scams here, just tried collecting a little too fast. I would Really appreciate any assistance you could provide.

Ticket #1611938

Thank you in advance.

how about deducting cash from the player for each restore? no cash, no restore. too obvious?

This ticket and about six others have been closed with the same lame generic response. All I want is my LTB back after accidentally selling it off. The cash is standing by ready to disapear upon restore. I'll keep dropping tickets until a resolution is reached.

Latest ticket is 1630913

GucciMane
05-23-2014, 05:52 AM
You're SOL.

Join the crowd who has their gold stolen by gree in 90/250 increments via "accidental" crate purchases

abba4ever
05-23-2014, 07:27 AM
CJ54, still waiting on some help here.

This ticket and about six others have been closed with the same lame generic response. All I want is my LTB back after accidentally selling it off. The cash is standing by ready to disapear upon restore. I'll keep dropping tickets until a resolution is reached.

Latest ticket is 1630913

That's what happened to me too

realsavior
05-23-2014, 07:55 AM
There is a conformation button on selling buildings, so they will not restore.

kykboxr
05-23-2014, 08:10 AM
They should move the confirmation button to another part of the screen, simple change

...and Gree's CSR is brutal

-Batman-
05-23-2014, 08:11 AM
Well they restored a hotel I sold by accident was a good months back tho.
Just because there is a confirm button doesn't mean you can't sell a building by accident especially if it's laggy.

therealbengie
05-23-2014, 08:14 AM
they had to, too many people scamming it.

Dawg99
05-23-2014, 08:26 AM
What's the scam? "Restoring" a building you didn't have to begin with? Or selling a building and getting the money for it, and then having it restored without the sale proceeds being deducted?

therealbengie
05-23-2014, 08:32 AM
people would delete a 2nd building, put a ticket in to have it restored and then rebuild it, the support process was already started so you would end up with 3 of the buildings.

the alternative scam was to delete a building, report it as a mistake and then build another building in its place, then when the building was restored the two buildings would occupy the same space.

Dawg99
05-23-2014, 08:46 AM
people would delete a 2nd building, put a ticket in to have it restored and then rebuild it, the support process was already started so you would end up with 3 of the buildings.

the alternative scam was to delete a building, report it as a mistake and then build another building in its place, then when the building was restored the two buildings would occupy the same space.

Thanks for the info...why do people think stuff like that would actually fly?? If it's done and ultimately reported by someone, Gree should just delete the account. What people will do to get ahead in this silly game...

therealbengie
05-23-2014, 09:18 AM
there are hundred and hundred of hoods out there with these buildings though, I've reported lots.

bravo 6 vk
05-23-2014, 09:45 AM

Exactly what I was about to say, most of the hoods I've come across have 3 Frosty Hideouts

AppleMacGuy
05-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Exactly what I was about to say, most of the hoods I've come across have 3 Frosty Hideouts

lol...those are genuine...it is the only building that, for some reason, we were allowed to build x3.

FlyMeMoon
05-23-2014, 12:55 PM
That was probably before Gree thought about consistently releasing LTBs. I missed out on the Frostys but not particularly bothered if Im honest.

bravo 6 vk
05-23-2014, 07:23 PM
lol...those are genuine...it is the only building that, for some reason, we were allowed to build x3.

Lol.
Extras

therealbengie
05-23-2014, 08:52 PM
it was a mistake that they left alone

Shades7
05-24-2014, 01:53 PM
I had the same problem. I have tremors and sometimes make mistakes as a result. I've deleted several buildings. I've only requested the most important be replaced. They were kind enough to replace them. Recently I deleted the Pagoda and they refused to replace it. Not fair. :-(

therealbengie
05-24-2014, 02:00 PM
sadly as always the few spoil it for the many.

Sandhawk
05-24-2014, 06:40 PM
I had the same problem. I have tremors and sometimes make mistakes as a result. I've deleted several buildings. I've only requested the most important be replaced. They were kind enough to replace them. Recently I deleted the Pagoda and they refused to replace it. Not fair. :-(

Wow, that really sucks.

Honestly, is it too difficult for support to conduct a thorough quick-look at someone's hood to verify the legitamacy of their claim?

It takes me 2 seconds to fully scope someone's hood for high value buildings to rob. That's including the partially "hidden" ones...

??????

Ocl04
05-24-2014, 08:29 PM
The biggest scammer is gree by the way! Who wouldent scam them after all there crap. Specialy there las LTQ! Hum let me think, there last case event? What a buch of crap!! Bravo gree! Bravo!

Sandhawk
05-24-2014, 11:28 PM
I'm still keen on a, "tap and hold" function to open an upgrade/sell menu. Would avoid ALL accidental selling of buildings. Lag or not you wouldn't be able to say, I accidentally held my finger on ABC building for 2 seconds then accidentally tapped on sell. Just wouldn't happen...

namedud
05-24-2014, 11:51 PM
I'm still keen on a, "tap and hold" function to open an upgrade/sell menu. Would avoid ALL accidental selling of buildings. Lag or not you wouldn't be able to say, I accidentally held my finger on ABC building for 2 seconds then accidentally tapped on sell. Just wouldn't happen...

One time I fell asleep while playing CC in bed. When I woke up I had to close a confirmation screen asking if I was sure I wanted to sell my Palm Hotel. That was so close that I don't play CC in bed anymore. Ever.

So you never know if something "just wouldn't happen."

On topic, it really seems like Gree has always held a "the customer is always wrong" mentality, so it really shouldn't be a shock to see that applied in cases of "accidental" building sales.

I hope my girlfriend never finds out selling my hood on me would actually end my game. No way Gree would ever believe a significant other sabotaged someone's hood because the game is run in such a way that time and attention have to be diverted from real life and directed towards a mobile app.

therealbengie
05-25-2014, 04:42 AM
its nothing to do with picking sides or saying the customer is wrong, its plain and simple that far too many people cheated and the time it takes to investigate the truth of it takes too long for a limited support team.

try working in support in some form and you will understand, when too many people take liberties over a questionable situation you have to remove that questionable situation.

namedud
05-25-2014, 05:03 AM
Many people may have cheated, but Gree has not really ever seemed to actually care about such activity so long as said cheaters have also been buying/spending gold.

In this case they likely were seeing non-paying customers attempting to scam the scammers (Gree), something which absolutely does not fly with Gree. Therefore, moving forward, all players/customers are wrong if they claim any accidental building sales.

Gree can track every action you do in their games whether they choose to admit it or not. Mostly they choose to claim they cannot record or verify anything because that creates extra work beyond just copy/paste broken codes, which reduces the amount of time available for foozeball/ping-pong/air hockey/mutual fellatio.

therealbengie
05-25-2014, 05:42 AM
you are making yourself sound very stupid here, obviously they can see what you've done as it's all recorded via the servers and obviously its about time management.

As I've already said, in order to check the validity of these claims every single one would have to be investigated which would mean either employing a lot more CSR's or ticket response would because far far slower. I bet an average call on their system takes under 5 mins to resolve, add 10-15mins to all these claims for investigation and all of a sudden turn around time on tickets becomes at least 4 times as long!

namedud
05-25-2014, 06:40 AM
I'm making... oh. Yeah, ok... . You took the blue (hexagonal) pill.

therealbengie
05-25-2014, 07:20 AM
just to be clear, i'm not meaning to insult you and say you are actually stupid, just your short sightedness hurts your image.

Max Power
05-25-2014, 07:56 AM
you are making yourself sound very stupid here, obviously they can see what you've done as it's all recorded via the servers and obviously its about time management.

As I've already said, in order to check the validity of these claims every single one would have to be investigated which would mean either employing a lot more CSR's or ticket response would because far far slower. I bet an average call on their system takes under 5 mins to resolve, add 10-15mins to all these claims for investigation and all of a sudden turn around time on tickets becomes at least 4 times as long!

Well, now you know what the rules are, so it's time to make a decision. Give up the game because the company that runs it is bad enough to get you to complain on an internet forum, play in bed and ignore your GF? Or carry on. Your call.

Since you know all of Gree's ills, if you choose to carry on, it's on you, not them.

I attended a seminar by HOF basketball coach Bobby Knight once, and he told a story about his team in practice. His star point guard was bringing the ball up court, and the center was open in the lane, so the point guard passed the ball to him. The ball bounced off the center's hands and went out of bounds. Coach yelled at the center. Next time up the court, the exact same thing happened, but this time coach yelled at the point guard. The guard was confused at why he was getting yelled at, and coach explained to him that after what happened last time, he should have known better.

We all have a last time with Gree, but we continue to play. That makes complaining about Gree one of the most time wasting activities known to man. You can whine about Gree all day long, I can't stop you, but knowing what you know and deciding to continue to play this game, this is no longer a Gree problem, it's a you problem.

Lars
05-25-2014, 10:35 AM
I have have often buildings sold by accident. I don't care about the money, these were usually 1h-buildings in my $35M/h iph hood. The reason is that I have rapidly click in their general area to collect and the dialog I "confirmed" is not even displayed. So I often sold a building by accident and I am in move-building mode by accident on a daily basis (usually those from the cluster of short-period buildings or next to it).

Now they won't restore my lvl 10 sports bar. Its income is a joke for me, so there is no reason to cheat for me. However, before I sold it I had every non-gold money building ever available. It takes an awful long time to get that to lvl 10, to long now with LTBs around.

In summary, support made me very angry--again. I guess I should better quit soon.

therealbengie
05-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Well, now you know what the rules are, so it's time to make a decision. Give up the game because the company that runs it is bad enough to get you to complain on an internet forum, play in bed and ignore your GF? Or carry on. Your call.

Since you know all of Gree's ills, if you choose to carry on, it's on you, not them.

I attended a seminar by HOF basketball coach Bobby Knight once, and he told a story about his team in practice. His star point guard was bringing the ball up court, and the center was open in the lane, so the point guard passed the ball to him. The ball bounced off the center's hands and went out of bounds. Coach yelled at the center. Next time up the court, the exact same thing happened, but this time coach yelled at the point guard. The guard was confused at why he was getting yelled at, and coach explained to him that after what happened last time, he should have known better.

We all have a last time with Gree, but we continue to play. That makes complaining about Gree one of the most time wasting activities known to man. You can whine about Gree all day long, I can't stop you, but knowing what you know and deciding to continue to play this game, this is no longer a Gree problem, it's a you problem.

I didn't complain?

Max Power
05-25-2014, 09:32 PM
I didn't complain?

sorry, quoted wrong guy. My bad.

therealbengie
05-26-2014, 03:25 AM
sorry, quoted wrong guy. My bad.

its all good in the hood, these things happen.