PDA

View Full Version : Apple trying to distance themselves from Gree and other 3rd party sites

DFI
05-22-2014, 06:50 PM
As we all know, Apple makes 30+ cents off each dollar we spend. You would figure that they have a moral obligation to either pressure Gree to make good on their event promises (ex: shoreline elites), pressure Gree to refund the gold, refund the money themselves or distance themselves by no longer allowing Gree to make use of the iTunes Store until Gree cleans up their house. I've been going back and forth with Apple this past week and they seem to now be taking the stance that we still want to take our cut but don't want to bother with the issues in MW. While I will continue to fight Apple, we should also consider only buying gold (if you do) with a credit card, so you can also use the credit card company as a medium against Apple. With the fraud and errors going on here, Apple is turning a blind eye to what they are aware of. They can't plead ignorance as I'm sure they receive complaints daily about MW.

Welcome to iTunes Store Customer Support! My name is Harsha.

Important: Mention of third-party websites and products is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of information or products found at third-party websites. Apple provides this only as a convenience to our users. Apple has not tested the information found on these sites and makes no representations regarding its accuracy or reliability. There are risks inherent in the use of any information or products found on the Internet, and Apple assumes no responsibility in this regard. Please understand that a third-party site is independent from Apple and that Apple has no control over the content on that website.

If you feel the Apple Store site is misleading, leave your feedback here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Have a great day!

Regards, Harsha
iTunes Store Customer Support

xxxfff
05-22-2014, 07:28 PM
"Apple is turning a blind eye to what they are aware of. They can't plead ignorance as I'm sure they receive complaints daily about MW."

I think it's a stretch to be sure of this. Don't discredit facts with fiction.

bam bam.
05-22-2014, 07:56 PM
^^^ xxxfff - i dont doubt they receive daily complaints and refund requests mate.

In Australia ppl r trying to force them (itunes and other software/hardware companies) to remove unfair mark ups in price. We pay 30% more for the EXACT SAME product which is both unethical and illegal. To DFI there r other avenues u may pursue including civil actions. in Australia we have the ACCC (Australia competition & consumer protection http://www.accc.gov.au/) that is currently trying to prevent overseas companies (mainly American based ones) from charging an "Australia Tax" (where we get hit cause our market is "willing and able" to pay more. Your local country may have something similar in place.

I do agree that apple has some responsibility to ensure the products it sells are above board, as does the individual companies providing the service as do the consumers (if we continue to spend it endorses their current practises).-currently we are speaking as this game has gone from top 10 itunes earners to top 60. You think this fact alone would see apple moving to help keep this product alive however im certain this wont be the case. We all have to act, it will be interesting to see if SUP do finally DO something to help correct the course of this game n sit this one out.

(im not a SUP hater, but I do think reckless spending for number 1 has come at a cost to the games integrity, its not their fault GREE cater n react to them but it does happen ie. +1 to energy for top3, changing the top3 prizes after complaints in the past etc etc)

It has been said a million times, "this is a product that sells itself". Remove the GREEd factor and this game will come straight back to life because the product itself is just that good. The game needs its soul back, It needs its stat inflation reigned back in (this has to be carefully done), it needs some corporate ethics/social responsibilities to be put back in place and enforced.

Sandhawk
05-25-2014, 03:09 AM
^^^ xxxfff - i dont doubt they receive daily complaints and refund requests mate.

In Australia ppl r trying to force them (itunes and other software/hardware companies) to remove unfair mark ups in price. We pay 30% more for the EXACT SAME product which is both unethical and illegal. To DFI there r other avenues u may pursue including civil actions. in Australia we have the ACCC (Australia competition & consumer protection http://www.accc.gov.au/) that is currently trying to prevent overseas companies (mainly American based ones) from charging an "Australia Tax" (where we get hit cause our market is "willing and able" to pay more. Your local country may have something similar in place.

I do agree that apple has some responsibility to ensure the products it sells are above board, as does the individual companies providing the service as do the consumers (if we continue to spend it endorses their current practises).-currently we are speaking as this game has gone from top 10 itunes earners to top 60. You think this fact alone would see apple moving to help keep this product alive however im certain this wont be the case. We all have to act, it will be interesting to see if SUP do finally DO something to help correct the course of this game n sit this one out.

(im not a SUP hater, but I do think reckless spending for number 1 has come at a cost to the games integrity, its not their fault GREE cater n react to them but it does happen ie. +1 to energy for top3, changing the top3 prizes after complaints in the past etc etc)

It has been said a million times, "this is a product that sells itself". Remove the GREEd factor and this game will come straight back to life because the product itself is just that good. The game needs its soul back, It needs its stat inflation reigned back in (this has to be carefully done), it needs some corporate ethics/social responsibilities to be put back in place and enforced.

Major +1!!! Very well said sir!

Ysae Kaeps ASU
05-25-2014, 11:54 PM

Thank you for your post BAM BAM.

I do wonder how long this game will last. With the take-up of the next generation games on the market that are very interactive, graphically stunning and at a cost if $5, leaves this dead in the water when comparing quality, gameplay, the fact you control when YOU want to play and how regularly. Recently one I have enjoyed was $5 to download and to fully upgrade to the highest level was $2. A total of $7. The upgrade was really unnecessary to enjoy the game or be successful. No more getting screwed. The only issue I can find is the odd server drop out and nothing else.

Just my thoughts on the Next-Gen games and there effect on games like this.