PDA

View Full Version : Shady Gloves not registering in Deal Breaker goal

SOGO
05-22-2014, 11:32 AM
Welp, never thought this was something that would happen to me, but it did.

Finally got the the last item required for my Deal Breaker goal, the Shady Gloves, about 20 minutes ago ... only it did not register. Waited a few minutes, went out of game, went back in game, went out of game and back in game again, nothing.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem, or knows anyone who has?

DvD
05-22-2014, 06:54 PM
Welp, never thought this was something that would happen to me, but it did.

Finally got the the last item required for my Deal Breaker goal, the Shady Gloves, about 20 minutes ago ... only it did not register. Waited a few minutes, went out of game, went back in game, went out of game and back in game again, nothing.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem, or knows anyone who has?

With 13 minutes left in the event, needing only the gloves, with piles of C4 and the bow, I hit the Ellis Island Snitch one last time. There was a little brown bag with a ? on it. Click: holy schitt it's the gloves. Wait. No splash announcing the prize. Super careful cross fingers. Tap the globe icon one time (initiate server interaction without leaving current game session). Close the current event screen. And wait. 10 seconds later there's my splash and the prize.

My best guess is the game servers cannot always keep up with transaction volume, when that happens they have time outs to default action; in other words if/when a client session event has occurred and some specified max interval has elapsed where server fails to respond you get a non-random result.

As an example -- you're pounding a target in an LTQ/SLTQ as fast as possible, it's the start of an event so everyone's doing the same thing, on completing the kills a prize pops to the turf (C4, for example) .. the prize delivered on every completion of the prereq requires a server-side response (the algorithm is supposed to run and you get what you get) .. so let's say you get the C4 you have energy to burn so seconds later you drop the same target. Server is asked to spin the prize algorithm wheel again. If servers are too busy to do that for you, you get another drop of whatever you got the last time, or nothing.

Just a guess -- and probably completely wrong heh .. but on the other hand .. with something important on the line, going a little slower, trying a little server interaction before exiting game session, shrugs, I dunno, might help sometimes?