PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't sup players being banned?

heatnet
05-21-2014, 09:58 PM
As the topic says for itself.

Sup are the biggest hackers of the game. Mickey from sup could access other players accounts
in a topic some time ago on this forum.
That person posted pictures of mickey accessing other people's account and the topic was quickly taken off.

Gree pls make this game fair for god sake.

CJ54
05-21-2014, 10:00 PM
As the topic says for itself.

Sup are the biggest hackers of the game. Mickey from sup could access other players accounts
in a topic some time ago on this forum.
That person posted pictures of mickey accessing other people's account and the topic was quickly taken off.

Gree pls make this game fair for god sake.

You're seriously asking why we don't ban people based on what people post on the forums?

Mr llama
05-21-2014, 10:05 PM
You're seriously asking why we don't ban people based on what people post on the forums?
Lmao, Cj your awesome

Razors
05-21-2014, 10:07 PM
see the other thread. People, wake up, there are shills playing this game driving the score up with free gold that pays them for services rendered by gree. Forget civil liability, that is criminal liability in many states. When ferr says you can't win, it's because he figured that out. No one wanted to believe him. Add to that accessing your personal information and it gets even worse. Ask yourself how sup knows how many accounts were banned and which factions? It's rigged.

crusher was your game banned?

Crusher kong
05-21-2014, 10:07 PM
Cj, reading all these posts, please explain why the nastiness spewed by razors is condoned, sups ridiculous letter remains and anything asking any questions related to sup gets immediately pulled?

Speed ump
05-21-2014, 10:11 PM
Let's see crusher, may of 2014. I'm going to assume that's legit( yeah right) and you're just repeating what someone just told you. It's obviously not from any experience you might have. You couldn't be ( say it's not so) violating the tos here and creating new accounts after ( you did?) having been banned previously. Yes I can see how anyone with half a brain ( well maybe a Third of a brain) would believe these words of wisdom from you and your other equally newfound buddies. Why not to ahead and let us know who each of you are in the game, so we can weigh your words appropriately based on who it is. And for anyone who doesn't actually know who I am, I'll be happy to provide the details. I hide from no one, unlike others

CJ54
05-21-2014, 10:11 PM
A more serious version of my original post: We don't ban people based on consensus of the forums. If we did, everyone in every one of the top 10 guilds would be banned because of the way the court of public opinion goes on here. We didn't ban anyone for the LE/FA glitch, even though some people were asking us to, because that was on us and anyone could do it if they knew about it. We also didn't ban anyone for the valor glitch recently because, again, that was a screwup on our part and we may yet remove those (we would have already, but tracking valor unit purchases and avoiding the false positives is a lot harder). It's also worth noting that in both of those cases, the people who exploited those glitches reported the glitch to us and asked for them to be removed.

Anyway, the point is, if we banned everyone who was accused of being a hacker or a cheat or who people were demanding be banned, we may as well just ban everyone. We go by hard evidence and the circumstances of the case otherwise and mete things out equally.

See the other thread. People, wake up, there are shills playing this game driving the score up with free gold that pays them for services rendered by gree. Forget civil liability, that is criminal liability in many states. When ferr says you can't win, it's because he figured that out. No one wanted to believe him. Add to that accessing your personal information and it gets even worse. ask yourself how sup knows how many accounts were banned and which factions? It's rigged.

I say again, as general information in regards to the forums: if you are going to post on the forums, post on your main account. If you cannot post on your main account because it has been previously banned for trolling already, stop posting entirely.

heatnet
05-21-2014, 10:13 PM

Yup.. CJ.
When the edvidence of so obvious??
And I believe the person who posted here have submitted a ticket to Gree and the player still don't get ban.

And one more thing. Why is it when the forum posted something against Sup.
The post gets closed or even gets deleted?

'MAU' Mirsad-Ra
05-21-2014, 10:13 PM
Is that your answer to everybody's Post Razor??
It's getting old.

crusher was your game banned?

Razors
05-21-2014, 10:15 PM
See the other thread. People, wake up, there are shills playing this game driving the score up with free gold that pays them for services rendered by gree. Forget civil liability, that is criminal liability in many states. When ferr says you can't win, it's because he figured that out. No one wanted to believe him. Add to that accessing your personal information and it gets even worse. ask yourself how sup knows how many accounts were banned and which factions? It's rigged.

You are so right and health regen allows you to play without paying for gold, that's like taking a test drive and never returning the car, so you wanna talk about criminal statutes? your statement is a JOKE

you and your minions keep mentioning sup, WHO? I would guarantee that you don't know of one hacker in SUP, not one.

I would love to compare all the missions you have done and all the wd points you have scored and tally the gold up and see the receipts, SHOW ME THE RECEIPTS!!,

please for future reference just stop, its over, you guys were caught, your lucky you got to play this long, its over, no good byes, I know it stinks but its over. you should have never been playing this game at the level you were because you didn't have the money to buy the gold, why would I want you to play the game at the same level as me when I am paying more than $2000 a month, I don't want you to have equal playing rights to me when you pay ZERO, no way, leave don't come back, time to hit the road jack!

Hooligany
05-21-2014, 10:16 PM
It's getting old.

Lol
+1 to ur comments

Razors
05-21-2014, 10:16 PM
Cj, reading all these posts, please explain why the nastiness spewed by razors is condoned, sups ridiculous letter remains and anything asking any questions related to sup gets immediately pulled?

I am applauding the removal of all hackers, if your game was banned you have no right to this forum, LEAVE NOW

CJ54
05-21-2014, 10:17 PM
Yup.. CJ.
When the edvidence of so obvious??
And I believe the person who posted here have submitted a ticket to Gree and the player still don't get ban.

And one more thing. Why is it when the forum posted something against Sup.
The post gets closed or even gets deleted?

About two hours ago, I locked a thread started by an SUP member that was accusing a bunch of people of hacking, which started a big drama war. Like we do with all those threads regardless of who posts them. If they last for awhile, it means a mod isn't on right then. Better forum coverage is something we're working on.

Speed ump
05-21-2014, 10:18 PM
Well crusher post something that makes sense, dosnt regurgitate the same subject from well over a year ago that has been addressed many times, though it's not the answer you trolls want. Post something honestly that benefits the community, or even just a shout out to a friendly face, crack a joke that's not a dig. If the facts and truth hurt you, then maybe you're doing something to deserve that. You know how to make that stop, don't do the things that put you in that position. So, let's take sup out of the equation for just a moment. Are you saying that it's not a good thing that hackers and cheaters are being banned and penalized? Even one cheater being penalized, one hacker being banned, whatever faction they are in would be a good thing, right? If not why?

bam bam.
05-21-2014, 10:18 PM

No, I think he is asking why your guys dont act on tickets sent in. And then why ppl have to come on here, post their facts, then have u guys remove them from this forum through bans. I've seen b.s. Units on ppls accounts many times and nothing gets done.

The format of this game should see it easily in top 10 money earners. Not sliding down to 57th. What is killing this game, well we all know it. We keep explaining it in simple Terms but its like we r speaking Chinese.

-Set ur scripts, find ppl with b.s. Units/boosts/buildings n ban them ALL. No mercy, no forgiveness, get rid of them all!.
-Ditch the gambling aspects to the game
-make WD the focus
-make LTQs achievable for low gold spenders
-fix the data usage (mine like many other players has gone through the roof thanks to MW n I barely play anymore)
-fix ur epic boss events n stop moving the goal posts on raid boss
-fix the inventory and ally lists
-make WD points fair (also stop moving goal posts on individual wins 1000 is enough for top prize)
-kill full assault n jus allow us to delete unused units (70-80% have consistently expressed their hate of this event)

Listen To Us! You could turn it all around. Its on u guys

Razors
05-21-2014, 10:20 PM
It's getting old.
MAU MIRSAD-RA

why are you so annoyed, I am rejoicing is Justice being Served, I feel Redemption is being Served, the greatness of justice is that is served cold and deep without the distress of a lame excuse. So be it I am happy I KNOW THAT I WILL BE HERE TOMORROW PLAYING, Actually I am on my IOS device raiding away

SimplyminiMW
05-21-2014, 10:22 PM
A more serious version of my original post: We don't ban people based on consensus of the forums. If we did, everyone in every one of the top 10 guilds would be banned because of the way the court of public opinion goes on here. We didn't ban anyone for the LE/FA glitch, even though some people were asking us to, because that was on us and anyone could do it if they knew about it. We also didn't ban anyone for the valor glitch recently because, again, that was a screwup on our part and we may yet remove those (we would have already, but tracking valor unit purchases and avoiding the false positives is a lot harder). It's also worth noting that in both of those cases, the people who exploited those glitches reported the glitch to us and asked for them to be removed.

Anyway, the point is, if we banned everyone who was accused of being a hacker or a cheat or who people were demanding be banned, we may as well just ban everyone. We go by hard evidence and the circumstances of the case otherwise and mete things out equally.

I say again, as general information in regards to the forums: if you are going to post on the forums, post on your main account. If you cannot post on your main account because it has been previously banned for trolling already, stop posting entirely.

With all due respect, that doesn't make sense. People get banned for violating the tos all the time. All glitches are grees fault then exploited by people. Meaning no one should ever be banned.

Gen CheeBye
05-21-2014, 10:25 PM
No, I think he is asking why your guys dont act on tickets sent in. And then why ppl have to come on here, post their facts, then have u guys remove them from this forum through bans. I've seen b.s. Units on ppls accounts many times and nothing gets done.

The format of this game should see it easily in top 10 money earners. Not sliding down to 57th. What is killing this game, well we all know it. We keep explaining it in simple Terms but its like we r speaking Chinese.

-Set ur scripts, find ppl with b.s. Units/boosts/buildings n ban them ALL. No mercy, no forgiveness, get rid of them all!.
-make WD the focus
-fix the data usage (mine like many other players has gone through the roof thanks to MW n I barely play anymore)
-make WD points fair (also stop moving goal posts on individual wins 1000 is enough for top prize)
-kill full assault n jus allow us to delete unused units (70-80% have consistently expressed their hate of this event)

I'd like to see gree attempt to remedy even one of the above grievances. Not holding my breath though. Been around here long enough.

'MAU' Mirsad-Ra
05-21-2014, 10:25 PM
It's all cool. Just chill and enjoy the so called Justice.
I am only annoyed by your behavior towards other players on the Forum here.

MAU MIRSAD-RA

why are you so annoyed, I am rejoicing is Justice being Served, I feel Redemption is being Served, the greatness of justice is that is served cold and deep without the distress of a lame excuse. So be it I am happy I KNOW THAT I WILL BE HERE TOMORROW PLAYING, Actually I am on my IOS device raiding away

Razors
05-21-2014, 10:26 PM
With all due respect, that doesn't make sense. People get banned for violating the tos all the time. All glitches are grees fault then exploited by people. Meaning no one should ever be banned.
Well when you adjust the operating system this is not true this is an act to adjust what was not meant to be and it was not a flaw of the designer, and CJ stated that they did not ban those who did the LE glitch or the valor glitch, we are talking about the people with the arctic rigs who started to play a year after it was released, or the health regen and such that needed to have a device altered so the gaming was altered, these people is who CJ and gree is on a search and destroy mission, KUDOS to Gree for finally removing the scum of the game!

bam bam.
05-21-2014, 10:26 PM

This comment is a bad move mate, you have jus said ppl cant b banned for exploiting ur screw ups. Have u not noticed that all the screw ups come from u guys?. We know wen u guys have screwed up b4 u do, u only find out after a minority in the MW community have exploited the hell out of it n then u guys react to it.

It's like me leaving my keys in the ignition then someone stealing my car. Is it my fault they stole the car?.

Cheating is cheating, ur terms of service (from memory) state that taking advantage of a glitch or exploit will have you banned. Ban them, don't care how much revenue they r generating for u guys...ban them!. Or else it will cost u in the long term

SimplyminiMW
05-21-2014, 10:28 PM
Well when you adjust the operating system this is not true this is an act to adjust what was not meant to be and it was not a flaw of the designer, and CJ stated that they did not ban those who did the LE glitch or the valor glitch, we are talking about the people with the arctic rigs who started to play a year after it was released, or the health regen and such that needed to have a device altered so the gaming was altered, these people is who CJ and gree is on a search and destroy mission, KUDOS to Gree for finally removing the scum of the game!

And truthfully I don't know exactly what happened. But yes ban them all, I'm all for that.

Razors
05-21-2014, 10:29 PM
It's all cool. Just chill and enjoy the so called Justice.
I am only annoyed by your behavior towards other players on the Forum here.

how is my behavior bad cause i am rubbing it in the face of 2 people who are obviously people who had their games banned and taken, they deserve it, if you spent 1$ on gold you should be on my side cause that's $1 they didn't spend and their gaming made our gaming more expensive. i have no sympathy for 2 people in this forum trolls and those hackers. non whatsoever

i feel my comments are tasteful in reply to comments they make, its just you see me a lot because they are mad that i am pointing their comments which are based on lies and are completely baseless. i am going to bed in a little just so happy their all losing their rights to those games.

Speed ump
05-21-2014, 10:30 PM
Bam bam, in this case I agree with you on almost all your points. Ban them all, wherever they are. When this game started that was what most on here complained about, now it's more the ones that got caught, or would be caught if this happened complaining because it is or may happen. Simply, spoken like someone who's suddenly looking very guilty. Yeah that lady left her car running and her purse on the seat, while she went in to pay for the gas. That's her fault too, as I drive off. Look, it's a Chanel. The Benz ain't too bad either. I've got nothing to worry about, it's all her fault for letting me.

heatnet
05-21-2014, 10:33 PM
About two hours ago, I locked a thread started by an SUP member that was accusing a bunch of people of hacking, which started a big drama war. Like we do with all those threads regardless of who posts them. If they last for awhile, it means a mod isn't on right then. Better forum coverage is something we're working on.

CJ

I am not talking about mob locking a thread.
Its about when People started posting something bad about SUP.
The thread gets locked or even got deleted?

bam bam.
05-21-2014, 10:35 PM
*this thread has gone off!*

Cj, I usually agree with ur views but this one i suggest u write ur comments. Then read them in an hr, if u still agree with wat u have said post it.

We need one set of rules. This is a business, all kinds invest their money in this game (lawyers play this game. Haha) this forum is considered apart of the game. As such with the amount of money ppl have poured into the game I can certainly see all this ending up in a court of law. We all signed up to the terms of service. We agreed to play buy those rules. If we don't we should be banned. If you don't enforce the rules we have no confidence to spend our entertainment money here.

bam bam.
05-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Bam bam, in this case I agree with you on almost all your points. Ban them all, wherever they are. When this game started that was what most on here complained about, now it's more the ones that got caught, or would be caught if this happened complaining because it is or may happen. Simply, spoken like someone who's suddenly looking very guilty. Yeah that lady left her car running and her purse on the seat, while she went in to pay for the gas. That's her fault too, as I drive off. Look, it's a Chanel. The Benz ain't too bad either. I've got nothing to worry about, it's all her fault for letting me.

Yes we don't always agree u n i. But thanks. Enjoy the handbag hey ;)

MAD NUGGETT
05-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Sup doesn't have 19 players with health regen therefore sup does not lose players.

CJ54
05-21-2014, 10:54 PM

-make WD the focus

To a couple of those points that I can answer: WD is already pretty heavily the focus; it has the best balance of rewards/ ability to get those rewards. The boost building issue was more complicated than it looked because out of the small number of people who ended up with more than one, the majority of them weren't TRYING to get more than one intentionally, and sorting that out has been slow. WD points needs more adjustment for sure.

This comment is a bad move mate, you have jus said ppl cant b banned for exploiting ur screw ups. Have u not noticed that all the screw ups come from u guys?. We know wen u guys have screwed up b4 u do, u only find out after a minority in the MW community have exploited the hell out of it n then u guys react to it.

It's like me leaving my keys in the ignition then someone stealing my car. Is it my fault they stole the car?.

Cheating is cheating, ur terms of service (from memory) state that taking advantage of a glitch or exploit will have you banned. Ban them, don't care how much revenue they r generating for u guys...ban them!. Or else it will cost u in the long term

I do get what you are saying here, but it isn't the best analogy in the world.

Mastert55!
05-21-2014, 11:04 PM
The boost building issue was more complicated than it looked because out of the small number of people who ended up with more than one, the majority of them weren't TRYING to get more than one intentionally, and sorting that out has been slow.

I highly doubt that man, I had 1 person in particular (in a top 500 faction so he wouldn't get caught) explain to me how he was using bluestacks so he can alter the code and give himself 3 composite factories, EVERY LE building available for purchase, he has a unlimited energy hack, he ALSO has regen hack. He also gave himself a couple vaults of gold. I have some screenshots that I just recently sent in a ticket too. Been 6 days with NO RESPONSE!!!

This is why the community is pissed, because people can do this in the game. THIS GUY DESERVES PERMANENT IP ADDRESS BAN.

And the POS was bragging about not spending a dime, meanwhile I spend 2k a month and waited a year for a building restore. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

bam bam.
05-21-2014, 11:18 PM
^^^cheers cj

As for WD being the focus it is maybe for the top 50 teams. But lower faction getting 1% boost is a slap in the face. U reward 50 factions u reward 2500 players world wide. At its peak that would of barely touched the community, I've seen 20000 views on threads on here. You need to help more players out not jus ur big spenders. Yes big spenders get higher rewards but top 500-1000 teams getting 1% boosts they will not spend any money at all. All low to medium money spenders have been priced out. In Australia it costs $130 a vault as well, thank you apple...so once again being further priced out of the market.

Many many issues, hell jus sought the inventory I've been playing nearly 2 years. N we have been screaming for it. I even offered the help of of a Perth university to do this for u guys both on the forum n via support. It sucks that I could have this soughted in a wk and u guys cant get it done in over 2 yrs...instead u come up with the most universally hated event as a solution to try n squeeze some money out of us rather than jus doing a solid for the MW community and giving us what would make gameplay much better.

Jus get ur guys to show us some respect.

I know it's not u as an individual but u r medium between us n the powers that b. Ur in a tough position mate, I don't envy u

CJ54
05-21-2014, 11:20 PM
I highly doubt that man, I had 1 person in particular (in a top 500 faction so he wouldn't get caught) explain to me how he was using bluestacks so he can alter the code and give himself 3 composite factories, EVERY LE building available for purchase, he has a unlimited energy hack, he ALSO has regen hack. He also gave himself a couple vaults of gold. I have some screenshots that I just recently sent in a ticket too. Been 6 days with NO RESPONSE!!!

Okay, assuming for a sec that is legit (I am not saying it is or isn't, haven't seen the ticket or the player but I also genuinely haven't seen anything that serious in YEARS), here's why that whole process is slow: knowing how to actually sort out potentially legitimate reports from the mass of confusion takes time to learn. You don't want someone who doesn't know the game very well (or even kinda well) and hasn't seen a bunch of these reports to have their finger on the banhammer. That's reasonable. Add to that that fully investigating something takes time, and you have a hard to avoid bottleneck. And when I say mass of confusion, I mean it, something like 80% of our tickets that are technically cheat reports fall under one of two things that aren't cheats ("this guy keeps attacking me" and "this guy has no buildings in his base", respectively).

Every case that I *have* seen where someone has more than one of a boost building that they should only have one of, they got it the same way: Support made a mistake. And it is a really, really small number of people as far as I'm aware (again, not saying your claim isn't legit, just saying what I know. If it is legit, that guy will end up as you say as is policy on these things).

The exact way that support screwed up is due to the fact that we (previous to this issue) would offer a limited number of building unsells for people who sold a building accidentally. Now, our Support admin tool is basically a hodgepodge of pieces that have been added on to over the last 3+ years (some pieces came from the original Crime City admin software). The building UI dates back to the heady days of Ye Auld Funzio, and in fact predates my involvement with the game entirely (and I've been around since Modern War was in alpha). I am pretty sure it was designed and coded in two hours or so, by someone who is actually a genius, but who does not see the universe or its associated software user interfaces in the same way as most other people. This is not uncommon in the world of backend support tools in general.

Anyway, it looks like something from the original Tron movie and is slightly more user-friendly than a wolverine on caffeine pills. It turns out that, in some cases, it was fairly easily to accidentally sell back the same building twice. This wasn't discovered until a handful of enterprising folk made it a goal to see if they could replicate the feat via smooth-talking of our (generally trusting) support agents, but it had happened innocently a few times before that.

CJ54
05-21-2014, 11:22 PM
And when I say that 80% of our cheat reports fall into two categories that aren't actually cheats, I don't mean to imply that the other 20% ARE cheats. Most of THOSE are weird stuff. Really weird stuff. Like "a wizard did it" kinds of weird. The kinds of tickets you spent half an hour staring at while your brain helplessly tries to escape through your ears.

Speed ump
05-21-2014, 11:25 PM
There have been a couple of players over time that gree created a problem with boostswhen trying to restore their accounts. It wasn't hacking by the player, or any action by the player. Of course the Jon legit ones out weigh the legit ones.

Speed ump
05-21-2014, 11:34 PM
I agree cj, I have a lot of players ask me about these very things daily, many asking me to also report a player. Most of the time I end up explaining why what they're seeing is legit. Just moments ago I explained to someone that the number they were seeing was billions, and that why that players could attack them, and no, their def was not five times their attack after all. Soon all the top players will have exactly the same attack, as there is an upper limit on the attack you can achieve. So far no one has reached that limit on defense, since defense boosts are rather rare by comparison. I'm sure someone will notice this and determine these players are all some new kind of hack.

Yo Salty
05-21-2014, 11:36 PM
Ah it's good to be back. Been a while since I've been involved in any shenanigans. However, I will refrain from trolling.

I see Riddler, and Gene tag teaming threads. It never fails, where you see one, the other is not far behind. Lmao keep it up this is great.

Mastert55!
05-21-2014, 11:42 PM
Well CJ, the fact that I had BLUESTACKS CHEATER in the title of my email that was sent has either vanished into a black hole or completely been over looked and/or "resolved". But now I completely understand and have changed my opinion towards Customer Service, all you have to do is tell the public that we don't want the inexperienced dealing with tickets!!! If you would have announced that I would have not been pissed when It took 7 days, From May 12th to May 19th to say no to a building restore for me. Seriously, everyone thinks that nobody cares or nobody pays attention. YOU NEED TO SHARE THAT YOU ARE EITHER UNDERSTAFFED OR JUST DAM BUSY

Also, He explained the process where he opens a program AND a proxy before entering bluestacks that allows him to access the data and do crazy **** with it, like buy 3 comp factories, or the old LE sets or fake a receipt for the google play store that allows him to buy all the gold he wants, also lets him alter how to alter most of the codes and other scripts that can affect other such.

SHOULD I SEND ANOTHER TICKET?

Also thank you for the graphic response. It's much appreciated and I understand now.

I am a cow!
05-21-2014, 11:45 PM
And when I say that 80% of our cheat reports fall into two categories that aren't actually cheats, I don't mean to imply that the other 20% ARE cheats. Most of THOSE are weird stuff. Really weird stuff. Like "a wizard did it" kinds of weird. The kinds of tickets you spent half an hour staring at while your brain helplessly tries to escape through your ears.

Heheh u should see the ticket this guy sent in bout me pretty sure he was 10 years old cos he couldne English for sh1t

ptong
05-21-2014, 11:47 PM
In all fairness this is true what CJ wrote in terms of forum consensus or so called 'reports'. Don't sound bite me, we can all play at the same game.

I'm not here supporting anybody. Just saying not to jump on and kill the mods.

CJ's pleaded a fair case IMHO and if you've been in game long enough and are anywhere in T100 or higher for any period of time you should know the history behind this entire shebang. And also how much stupid requests the devs and CS have to put up with from free players.

There is nothing fair about the world. Get that into your numbskulls. Its already rather amazing GREE decided to dish out some prizes based on 'consensus' this last 6 months or so-ish.

They do run a business and the first rule is business is to make money. Not cater to wimps. And certainly not to provide a fair utopian playground where david forever whips goliath's behind - not really fair is it?

That said, if you have hard evidence, show it.

I'm here to play for the camaraderie, the game honestly doesn't really cut it anymore. There is no more strategy involved, just money and possible 'hacks'? So those of you yapping away .... clearly don't have either or can't deal with a free game where some folks end up better.

CJ54
05-21-2014, 11:53 PM
Well CJ, the fact that I had BLUESTACKS CHEATER in the title of my email that was sent has either vanished into a black hole or completely been over looked and/or "resolved". But now I completely understand and have changed my opinion towards Customer Service, all you have to do is tell the public that we don't want the inexperienced dealing with tickets!!! If you would have announced that I would have not been pissed when It took 7 days, From May 12th to May 19th to say no to a building restore for me. Seriously, everyone thinks that nobody cares or nobody pays attention. YOU NEED TO SHARE THAT YOU ARE EITHER UNDERSTAFFED OR JUST DAM BUSY

Also, He explained the process where he opens a program AND a proxy before entering bluestacks that allows him to access the data and do crazy **** with it, like buy 3 comp factories, or the old LE sets or fake a receipt for the google play store that allows him to buy all the gold he wants, also lets him alter how to alter most of the codes and other scripts that can affect other such.

SHOULD I SEND ANOTHER TICKET?

Also thank you for the graphic response. It's much appreciated and I understand now.

Yes, send another ticket. The server should be rejecting most or all of that kind of thing regardless of what somebody is doing locally (if you aren't connected to the internet, you can do all kinds of crazy stuff that totally fails to stick in a meaningful way, but I would like to see this account myself).

Also, yeah, the reason that you got turned down for a building replacement is because we have those on hiatus while we work on a way to make it impossible to give people multiple limited-quantity buildings.

RetiredAndHappy
05-21-2014, 11:54 PM
Okay, assuming for a sec that is legit (I am not saying it is or isn't, haven't seen the ticket or the player but I also genuinely haven't seen anything that serious in YEARS), here's why that whole process is slow: knowing how to actually sort out potentially legitimate reports from the mass of confusion takes time to learn. You don't want someone who doesn't know the game very well (or even kinda well) and hasn't seen a bunch of these reports to have their finger on the banhammer. That's reasonable. Add to that that fully investigating something takes time, and you have a hard to avoid bottleneck. And when I say mass of confusion, I mean it, something like 80% of our tickets that are technically cheat reports fall under one of two things that aren't cheats ("this guy keeps attacking me" and "this guy has no buildings in his base", respectively).

Every case that I *have* seen where someone has more than one of a boost building that they should only have one of, they got it the same way: Support made a mistake. And it is a really, really small number of people as far as I'm aware (again, not saying your claim isn't legit, just saying what I know. If it is legit, that guy will end up as you say as is policy on these things).

The exact way that support screwed up is due to the fact that we (previous to this issue) would offer a limited number of building unsells for people who sold a building accidentally. Now, our Support admin tool is basically a hodgepodge of pieces that have been added on to over the last 3+ years (some pieces came from the original Crime City admin software). The building UI dates back to the heady days of Ye Auld Funzio, and in fact predates my involvement with the game entirely (and I've been around since Modern War was in alpha). I am pretty sure it was designed and coded in two hours or so, by someone who is actually a genius, but who does not see the universe or its associated software user interfaces in the same way as most other people. This is not uncommon in the world of backend support tools in general.

Anyway, it looks like something from the original Tron movie and is slightly more user-friendly than a wolverine on caffeine pills. It turns out that, in some cases, it was fairly easily to accidentally sell back the same building twice. This wasn't discovered until a handful of enterprising folk made it a goal to see if they could replicate the feat via smooth-talking of our (generally trusting) support agents, but it had happened innocently a few times before that.

This is by far my favourite post from CJ.. In regards to the part of taking on someone else's legacy code.. I know all to well the pains of trying to work out what the original devs were trying to accomplish

CJ54
05-21-2014, 11:58 PM
I agree cj, I have a lot of players ask me about these very things daily, many asking me to also report a player. Most of the time I end up explaining why what they're seeing is legit. Just moments ago I explained to someone that the number they were seeing was billions, and that why that players could attack them, and no, their def was not five times their attack after all. Soon all the top players will have exactly the same attack, as there is an upper limit on the attack you can achieve. So far no one has reached that limit on defense, since defense boosts are rather rare by comparison. I'm sure someone will notice this and determine these players are all some new kind of hack.

The numbers being cut off when they got past a certain point in the display got us a bunch of tickets here and in Crime City, actually.

The actual behind-the-scenes number for defense/attack is stored as a really big integer that isn't ever going to be hit by anyone. It is a really, really big number. We had some display issues that were causing things to appear to be capped on the client only.

I'm actually not sure if we added this to the game yet or not, but the plan was to abbreviate the numbers (1,100,000,000 becomes "1.1bil" or similar) for clarity.

Mastert55!
05-21-2014, 11:59 PM
Yes, send another ticket. The server should be rejecting most or all of that kind of thing regardless of what somebody is doing locally (if you aren't connected to the internet, you can do all kinds of crazy stuff that totally fails to stick in a meaningful way, but I would like to see this account myself).

Also, yeah, the reason that you got turned down for a building replacement is because we have those on hiatus while we work on a way to make it impossible to give people multiple limited-quantity buildings.

I will send it in ASAP with everything I have. Thanks.

Also, why not shut down the servers for a couple days after the war and completely revamp the UI and codes and scripts or anything that is glitchy. OR, you can have BAM BAM help with all his buddys from college and have them help, of course under watch, we don't want anything being rigged.

Speed ump
05-22-2014, 05:07 AM
Yes I got turned down also, mr freeze is on an iPhone, I was recently deleting some deff buildings and sometimes you touch one, and it selects something else, in this case I accidentally sold off two of my highest income money buildings and was told no to getting them back. The screen on the iPhone makes things too close.

Dragon11216
05-22-2014, 05:22 AM
That's a lag issue. Last time they had two events raid boss and Ltq. I could barely play and bought units I didn't plan on. Trying to close out the raid boss pop up screen.

Hooligany
05-22-2014, 06:33 AM
Hi Chris
May I know r designation in Gree? Besides moderating the forums?
Many thanks

bam bam.
05-22-2014, 06:59 AM
I will send it in ASAP with everything I have. Thanks.

Also, why not shut down the servers for a couple days after the war and completely revamp the UI and codes and scripts or anything that is glitchy. OR, you can have BAM BAM help with all his buddys from college and have them help, of course under watch, we don't want anything being rigged.

Any uni in Aus would gladly do it. They would even get graded on it. Its basic stuff. I'm sure even one of the gree imaginary staff could get it done if they did some actual work and became real for a day lol (i joke, I'm sure their is some real ppl there at gree secret HQ). creating something like an inventory system with multiple options is kids stuff. Base it alphabetically, switch to def stats, switch to atk stats switch to most recent switch to which has the least letters in its name... Not hard!!!!!. Get it done guys, then do the other 10 things that need fixing or killing. Chop chop, more important work to do than getting caught up in our forum whingefests

whitefire
05-22-2014, 07:06 AM
Cj, i applaud your recent restarting to communicate with us. Let's hope it sticks. But i do have an observation to make: i believe that in one of your first fists of this thread you officially stated that Gree does not abide to it's own TOS? I am referring to those players (seriously) abusing the fa/gold and valor glitch. Especially the former glitch had a huge impact on wd. So gree indeed does not follow it's own protocol and condones massive glitching? I wonder how apple and google will react...

Jesse21
05-22-2014, 07:31 AM

-make WD the focus

Yes yes yes.

Maverick0073
05-22-2014, 08:19 AM
Yes yes yes.

Omg , you have just given gree ideas on how to do the complete opposite of what you asked for. From playing for over 2 years I have seen every good idea being implemented in exactly the opposite of what we asked for.
As for these hackers and exploiters being banned , show no mercy. They are the reason the game has gone down hill.
Even today I came across a new account , can't be over 1 month old and it has 4660 strife velociraptors , he has an iph of 70k. There must be a cash hack still out there.

sstuutss
05-22-2014, 08:32 AM
But you have to use an exploit just to make collections work 'right'

DFI
05-22-2014, 03:42 PM
Well I believe gree banned one guy I posted about 3 days ago (playboy, lv202, 3 elec factories). Unless he dropped to one ally, can't find him anymore. Again, if gree really cared, they could have found him by looking for anyone with more than one.

redvenge99
05-22-2014, 05:11 PM
Well I believe gree banned one guy I posted about 3 days ago (playboy, lv202, 3 elec factories). Unless he dropped to one ally, can't find him anymore. Again, if gree really cared, they could have found him by looking for anyone with more than one.

I think he got banned I sent a ticket about him 3 days ago. The next day he had no extra buildings and the next day after that he was nowhere to be found. Must have been your wall I saw the post about him having extra buildings so I took ss and sent in a ticket..

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
05-22-2014, 05:32 PM
I think he got banned I sent a ticket about him 3 days ago. The next day he had no extra buildings and the next day after that he was nowhere to be found. Must have been your wall I saw the post about him having extra buildings so I took ss and sent in a ticket..

Yeah! Nice work! That extra electric factory surely gave him a huge advantage with it's massive iph boost.

DFI
05-22-2014, 06:30 PM
Yeah! Nice work! That extra electric factory surely gave him a huge advantage with it's massive iph boost.

Elec factory so the boost building. You seem to be confusing with elec power plant which is for IPH....

redvenge99
05-22-2014, 06:58 PM

No matter what you say there is always someone ready to call you out.. sometimes I have to read things a couple times to make sure I get it right, you should try it..

Mcdoc
05-22-2014, 08:02 PM
Glad to see so much Blue text on this thread - thanks CJ for trying :)

It really does mean a lot that you are here responding :)

Esohceekayes
05-22-2014, 08:06 PM

No, he's suggesting that proof was provided to the company and the company turned their back. I'm sorry that had to be translated for everyone.

MCAL
05-22-2014, 08:51 PM
The melt in this thread is strong I tell you....LMAO

bam bam.
05-22-2014, 09:03 PM
But you have to use an exploit just to make collections work 'right'

No, there is a glitch that stops ur collections from syncing with the server immediately when u collect-potentially allowing u to b raided for uncollected money. Manually syncing the server by refreshing ur rivals list (or other ingame action) is not an exploit...unless u r referring to something else?

MWsir
05-22-2014, 10:10 PM
All the "corrective" action that is being taken now. Is just too little and too late.
I have reported quite a few people who had abnormalities on their base ... And have
Never gotten any response from Gree. And the accounts remained untouched.
I know factions ... That sit on ... Not millions, but billions of concrete... Just do your math Gree,
it ain't so difficult to run a couple queries to find flagrant abuse. You can if you want to. Just, you preferred
to turn a blind eye to them.

We have been fighting all of them for ever. Giving these people unfair advantages that get carried over.
WD after WD. But yet they remain in game. Creating such a huge discrepancy in stats that even the top dogs get tired if it now and leaving the game by the minute... Thanks for the corrective action, but as said: too little too late.

mxz
05-22-2014, 10:27 PM
The cheaters who you people should be worrying about are the ones that you can't tell are cheating.

GoodbyeGurl
05-22-2014, 10:31 PM
The cheaters who you people should be worrying about are the ones that you can't tell are cheating.

What better ploy than to cause a commotion on your left side, so no one looks on your right side??
No worries, it doesn't matter, never did.

Blodiea
05-22-2014, 11:16 PM
Gree, I would applaud this decision to ban all hackers with no remorse if it wasn't because sup decided to say they were taking there ball and going home. People have left in droves because you have allowed this to go on. Because the top team doesn't like it now it's time? Give me a break. I have sent ticket after ticket and have been told to go pound salt over anything I have needed help with. So because what 300 people may or may not have tapped this weekend all hell breaks loose? What about the 1 million other gold spenders that have asked you to do ANYTHING before? Look, it's bad timing if for some reason this is just coincidence even a 5 year old could see that.

qdubbya
05-23-2014, 12:01 AM
Heheh u should see the ticket this guy sent in bout me pretty sure he was 10 years old cos he couldne English for sh1t

Seriously...?

cos he couldne English for sh1t?

sstuutss
05-23-2014, 06:43 AM
li
No, there is a glitch that stops ur collections from syncing with the server immediately when u collect-potentially allowing u to b raided for uncollected money. Manually syncing the server by refreshing ur rivals list (or other ingame action) is not an exploit...unless u r referring to something else?

No, the game is working as programed, you're using a series if key strokes to make it work the way you think it should, that's a glitch.