PDA

View Full Version : STICKY - How to Report a Cheater / Hacker

Mcdoc
05-19-2014, 04:52 PM
When you send in a cheat report to the Support Team, you need to include as much information as possible about the player(s) and type of cheat you are reporting. Sending a ticket which says "Alex is cheating" is probably not going to get far without a lot of going back and forth. The Support Team needs to be able to locate these players before they can even begin to investigate. Please include the following:

--Player name and level (Exact spelling including case)
--Invite code (If you have it)
--Player faction name (Exact spelling including case)
--Description of cheat
--Screenshots

Additionally, if you can make a comment to a player's comments wall, the Support Team can locate the player's account from yours. This is often helpful as players change names, and names are not unique.

Do keep in mind that the Support Team is unable to discuss their investigation with you. This is for privacy reasons.

Mcdoc
05-19-2014, 04:53 PM
This was a Mod response on a locked thread - but contained some useful information and should be made into a locked sticky.

***** Most notable - the Mod said to make a comment on the Hacker's wall to make it easy for the developers to track down the cheater by following a link back from YOUR account *****

Now - I wouldn't post - "I'm reporting you as a hacker" and alert them to wipe your comment. Instead - I would stroke their ego and say " Wow - nice base - one of the best I have seen! " and let Gree investigators follow your link back to them. It's a war strategy - kinda like planting a homing device on the enemy.

This of course is still my blind faith that Gree will follow up and do something about it to preserve the integrity of the game. I know people are dead set to bash Gree for reported hackers that are still out there - but think about it - 3 to 5 million accounts - how do you find ONE guy with just a name & level ? ?

Maybe they are trying and just need our help :)

POSITIVE COMMENTS ONLY ON THIS THREAD PLEASE so it can stay alive.

Don't be a Gree basher on this thread - start your own thread that will be locked if that's all you've got to say.

Thief
05-19-2014, 05:30 PM
--Player name and level (Exact spelling including case)
--Invite code (If you have it)
--Player faction name (Exact spelling including case)
--Description of cheat
--Screenshots

Must because i didn't have Invite Code and i included Flag that its not working :D

DFI
05-19-2014, 05:42 PM
Well let's see if gree does something. I recently sent a report on a player called ******, china flag, lv202, screenshots of the player/base, where he had three of the same boost building. Smart enough to try to hide two, but you do enough searching, you can fid them behind the larger buildings. So screenshots of where they are hidden (highlighted of course) and everything else needed to nail him.

Socks
05-19-2014, 05:56 PM
It isn't my job to do their work for them. I appreciate your intent though.

Mcdoc
05-19-2014, 06:53 PM
It isn't my job to do their work for them. I appreciate your intent though.

Apparently - it isn't as EASY as we would like to think to track down a single account with ALL of the information we have been including in our tickets. It may seem simple to some of us who deal in programming - but then again . . . It's Gree -

In their defense - trying to find ONE account amongst 5 million - probably a bit difficult without the invite code.

We can ALL work together to help rid the game of hackers and the Mod just gave us a bit of information that had never been disclosed before that can really help them track down cheaters who change names / flags to hide in the game.

It's the "not MY job" mentality that allows so many ***** to get away with this stuff in this world. I have personally fired a number of people in my lifetime who carry your "It's not my job" USELESS attitude. They have just given us a way to help them rid the game of hackers - embrace that opportunity to protect the integrity of our game.

if you saw someone set a brushfire in the middle of a populated neighborhood - would you say "It's not my job to call the fire department"

L-A-M-E

Badvock
05-19-2014, 08:02 PM
It's the "not MY job" mentality that allows so many ***** to get away with this stuff in this world. I have personally fired a number of people in my lifetime who carry your "It's not my job" USELESS attitude. They have just given us a way to help them rid the game of hackers - embrace that opportunity to protect the integrity of our game.

if you saw someone set a brushfire in the middle of a populated neighborhood - would you say "It's not my job to call the fire department"

It is more like people have lost faith that Gree will take action. The MW community have constantly reported suspected hackers only to have them remain ingame. When large Gold spenders seem to be able to escape banning or deletion after being reported it sets a precedence that no action is going to be taken so why bother. I have seen old school hackers still remain from back when inventory hacks where rampart and I know they where reported many times. With all the Information given above and yet, they are still there.

So if there was a brushfire and fire bridge never showed up to fight the last 100 fires. Why bother calling them again.

xxxfff
05-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Amen McDoc, good post. Let's hope Gree steps up and actually does something to people it finds hacking. That's the big missing link in a lot of situations, it seems.

Apparently - it isn't as EASY as we would like to think to track down a single account with ALL of the information we have been including in our tickets. It may seem simple to some of us who deal in programming - but then again . . . It's Gree -

In their defense - trying to find ONE account amongst 5 million - probably a bit difficult without the invite code.

We can ALL work together to help rid the game of hackers and the Mod just gave us a bit of information that had never been disclosed before that can really help them track down cheaters who change names / flags to hide in the game.

L-A-M-E

GEMH
05-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Well let's see if gree does something. I recently sent a report on a player called ******, china flag, lv202, screenshots of the player/base, where he had three of the same boost building. Smart enough to try to hide two, but you do enough searching, you can fid them behind the larger buildings. So screenshots of where they are hidden (highlighted of course) and everything else needed to nail him.

Please do not list player names in this context in the forum. If you are still able to locate the base of this player, send in a new ticket to the Support Team using the reporting guideline listed in the first post of this thread. Thanks!

Socks
05-20-2014, 08:44 PM

L-A-M-E

Let's say you report someone with all of the information you suggest. Six weeks later, that person is still chugging along- nothing has changed. You expect me to badger them about it? Why? Perhaps if they would beta their code with something more than a drunk chimpanzee, this wouldn't be an issue.

xknite
05-20-2014, 09:16 PM
If Gree was truly serious about stopping hackers "of which I have plenty of doubts", a fairly easy solution is to show the invite code when you check out an enemy profile. That eliminates all the guess work about how to find this person.

Another cheap way is to just write a script to troll through all accts searching for multiple building counts for the boost buildings (which are the ones frequently hacked)

Mastert55!
05-21-2014, 01:25 AM
I recently found a player, where his buildings are on top of each other. BUT he had HORRIBLE stats, so I didn't think to report him. His name was also just the generic Alex, which there are tons in my level, so it would be too hard to find. Next time though!!

iamnasty
05-21-2014, 07:32 AM
It does sounds extremely STICKY......moo������