PDA

View Full Version : Why should we use the forum anymore?

djonny88
05-14-2014, 05:13 AM
I really wonder, we do not get any information at the forum from the mods.
So why should we be on here?
Gree gimme one good reason.

John Hannibal Smith
05-14-2014, 08:28 AM
Its my opinion that the community should create there own forum so we can all share our info and opinions without being under the thumb of Gree. The banning , censorship, deleted posts and threads of anything they choose in my opinion is ridiculous. Hell I could have a decent forum set up in a matter of a couple days for all of us.

The Night Prowler
05-14-2014, 08:32 AM
Its my opinion that the community should create there own forum so we can all share our info and opinions without being under the thumb of Gree. The banning , censorship, deleted posts and threads of anything they choose in my opinion is ridiculous. Hell I could have a decent forum set up in a matter of a couple days for all of us.

The job is your my good friend.

Wrendrak
05-14-2014, 08:37 AM

Will there be more A-team graphics? Stuff going up ramps and bullets dancing around people's feet but never hitting them? If so I'm in!

DO IT.

John Hannibal Smith
05-14-2014, 08:38 AM
Done deal, I will start working on one. I would like to reach out to the community if they have created guides or tutorials to share them once the forum is up, there is alot of info in here that has been lost and I would rather the authors share it rather than a cut and past job.
I will post all updates and requests to my my fellow citizens of Empire City in this thread.
If any of you have suggestions and/or requests please post them in here or contact me by PM.

Cheers

The Night Prowler
05-14-2014, 08:49 AM
Done deal, I will start working on one. I would like to reach out to the community if they have created guides or tutorials to share them once the forum is up, there is alot of info in here that has been lost and I would rather the authors share it rather than a cut and past job.
I will post all updates and requests to my my fellow citizens of Empire City in this thread.
If any of you have suggestions and/or requests please post them in here or contact me by PM.

Cheers

All I would like is start times of events, and any info on the events (you know like A&F used to do). Also where we can find this new found forum.
Cheers and all the best.
The Night Prowler AKA WALDO.
Brick seller of the year. 2013.

Carbide
05-14-2014, 10:24 AM
That's a great idea! They seem to be info stingy anymore!

Carbide
05-14-2014, 10:24 AM

Cheers

Do it, I'll join!

John Hannibal Smith
05-14-2014, 10:28 AM
http://crimecitycommunity.freeforums.org/portal.php Just did a quick set up, join to ensure you get the user name you want before its taken!!

b-w
05-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Easy..to complain. Why else would you use it? There is little helpful info here anymore.

Carbide
05-14-2014, 10:31 AM
We should be free with info, and share with each other, teaching , and learning, not shunned! Gree disgusts me with their lack of intel, their rules, their neglect of their customers concerns and issues! It would be nice to always be able to look back at old info for future use no matter what it says, and or if it upsets gree! Ha, there gree, that was put nicely!

John Hannibal Smith
05-14-2014, 10:34 AM
Because the community can post info on events that have not been released yet and not be in fear of being banned and/or censored.

Just a quick set up for now, will continue to work on it and get it to a workable state for everyone.

CJ54
05-14-2014, 11:10 AM
Because the community can post info on events that have not been released yet and not be in fear of being banned and/or censored.

Just a quick set up for now, will continue to work on it and get it to a workable state for everyone.

There have historically been a number of offsite forums/ discussion sites for most of the titles. And if you want to discuss unreleased game content that someone is pulling directly from the game files using jailbreak apps or whatnot, then yes, you're going to have to do that somewhere else. This is not an unreasonable ask that people not discuss unreleased game content on the official forums, not least because it tends to change as it gets closer to release.

We should be free with info, and share with each other, teaching , and learning, not shunned! Gree disgusts me with their lack of intel, their rules, their neglect of their customers concerns and issues! It would be nice to always be able to look back at old info for future use no matter what it says, and or if it upsets gree! Ha, there gree, that was put nicely!

99.99% of everything that has been posted on these forums is still available in one form or another. When we lock or remove a thread, the majority of the time it is because most of the people posting in it have slipped over into full-on flaming or abuse against either each other or the moderators/staff. And that will continue to not be okay.

Flyingsquad23
05-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Why is it that you can respond to this thread but not a single word on the dozen others that actually have a legit question for you?

Jason_Bourne
05-14-2014, 11:35 AM
How come there is no longer posts from A&F? Is she not around anymore?

Nighteg
05-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Why is it that you can respond to this thread but not a single word on the dozen others that actually have a legit question for you?

Exactly what i was wondering.

lurcher
05-14-2014, 11:42 AM

Exactly what i was wondering.

+ 1. how high will this go ?

John Hannibal Smith
05-14-2014, 11:55 AM
Exactly my thoughts. So many pissed off players looking for help and support.

How come there is no longer posts from A&F? Is she not around anymore?
She transferred to a new position.

General Dudus
05-14-2014, 12:16 PM
why is it that you can respond to this thread but not a single word on the dozen others that actually have a legit question for you?
+1 extras lots of them

Morgz
05-14-2014, 12:23 PM
I can't even count the number of times there has been a good legit thread on here that is either semi current, or found using the search function that is "locked". It would be nice to be able to discuss controversial subjects without someone with power pulling the little power trip move to "shut it down". I certainly get it with regards to unreleased game info, cheats, etc. But there have been many good conversations shut down for reasons other than this -- like the example given by CJ54 where a conversation "slipped over onto full on flaming or abuse of others or moderators". I'm pretty sure we are all adults here and can handle few negative comments. But maybe a better place would be off the funzio servers. Just seems silly that we cant fully discuss game issues because a few people say "stfu noob" or something of the like.

CJ54
05-14-2014, 01:00 PM

Link examples of what you would like a response to, please.

I love tacos
05-14-2014, 01:24 PM
That's easy CJ, just read your forum. Thanks.

John Hannibal Smith
05-14-2014, 01:48 PM
My brain is melting down just thinking about them all, lol

CJ54
05-14-2014, 01:57 PM
My brain is melting down just thinking about them all, lol

I was serious. A statement of "there's all sorts of things we want responses to" or similar with no actual examples provided isn't constructive at all.

A lot of what we don't respond to are cases where people have already made up their minds. For better or worse, the culture on the forums has historically tended towards posts of the "This game is going to heck in a handbasket" variety of doomsaying (despite the fact that the game is still going strong and those have been going on for years) coupled with a long list of complaints (some totally valid, some more subjective to the playstyle or preferences of the individual doing the posting). The problem with responding to those is that the people posting them aren't generally looking for answers; they're looking to vent frustration, and it doesn't generally result in any constructive discussion to post in those cases.

General Dudus
05-14-2014, 02:04 PM
I was serious. A statement of "there's all sorts of things we want responses to" or similar with no actual examples provided isn't constructive at all.

A lot of what we don't respond to are cases where people have already made up their minds. For better or worse, the culture on the forums has historically tended towards posts of the "This game is going to heck in a handbasket" variety of doomsaying (despite the fact that the game is still going strong and those have been going on for years) coupled with a long list of complaints (some totally valid, some more subjective to the playstyle or preferences of the individual doing the posting). The problem with responding to those is that the people posting them aren't generally looking for answers; they're looking to vent frustration, and it doesn't generally result in any constructive discussion to post in those cases.

As a paying customer CJ54 you also said to let you know if transfers were not working i sent a email to you also a thread which was titled with your name we are sending in tickets with all revenant information to be asked for same information 4-6 days after ticket sent in. We are asked not to send in multiple tickets so a mod on here would be our next port of call

CJ54
05-14-2014, 02:52 PM
As a paying customer CJ54 you also said to let you know if transfers were not working i sent a email to you also a thread which was titled with your name we are sending in tickets with all revenant information to be asked for same information 4-6 days after ticket sent in. We are asked not to send in multiple tickets so a mod on here would be our next port of call

I completely understand the frustration in this case; not being able to play is kind of the baseline worst thing that can happen as far as issues go. If our support staff is repeatedly asking for the same info, that is not okay and we do need to address that, and I'll take a look at those threads (it helps if you provide ticket numbers). We can't always speed up tickets from the forums when things are working normally Support-side though, due to the fact that it leads people to post more on the forums about their individual tickets when the issue may just be lag due to high volume. In this case though it sounds like something isn't going right.

General Dudus
05-14-2014, 03:56 PM
I completely understand the frustration in this case; not being able to play is kind of the baseline worst thing that can happen as far as issues go. If our support staff is repeatedly asking for the same info, that is not okay and we do need to address that, and I'll take a look at those threads (it helps if you provide ticket numbers). We can't always speed up tickets from the forums when things are working normally Support-side though, due to the fact that it leads people to post more on the forums about their individual tickets when the issue may just be lag due to high volume. In this case though it sounds like something isn't going right.

ticket number 1602490 submitted gold receipts and as much sreenshots of my account during war after events login time ext ext sent that with first ticket had Allen from support ask me for the same info sent it back again as soon as he asked still waiting 3rd day into epic boss still don't have back my two accounts and mw one. there in the support portal are lists of all my tickets and info added do the support workers just bypass info added to tickets that in its self adds to delays CJ

Getting Bored
05-14-2014, 07:12 PM

I wont even link a thread, how about some info about anything upcoming? Even if you can't give award info on events, it would help to know when an LTB would be available or when the game would be down for maintenance for example. Even when Uzis will start to drop would help!

H8er-aid
05-14-2014, 08:08 PM
What does the 50 win prize of hideout health do? Just some clarification on how it works would be great :confused:

Chris Boa
05-14-2014, 09:09 PM
Easy..to complain. Why else would you use it? There is little helpful info here anymore.

That's about right imo

Hexum311ad
05-14-2014, 10:43 PM

I like this ;)

lurcher
05-15-2014, 12:44 AM
Example, no mod response, and still not resoved, been going on for months.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?85965-ltq-disappearing-again/page4

Flapjacks
05-15-2014, 05:53 AM
Example, no mod response, and still not resoved, been going on for months.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?85965-ltq-disappearing-again/page4

If you're courting somebody, & they don't return you calls, texts, etc., chances are you're not anything near the priority you think you may be; it's akin to asking for replies from any mod.

We aren't a priority, rather a burden.

Raws
05-15-2014, 06:32 AM
joined the new forum, cj54 and oracle can suck my hairy sweaty ball sack goodbye

b-w
05-15-2014, 06:52 AM
INB4 locked

bruner
05-15-2014, 07:15 AM
CJ our recruitment thread was shut down, and I asked about the syndicates being lock outside of war. Both of which were ignored by your ignorant @ss. Don't come in here all high and mighty thinking that GREE never does anything wrong and then ask us for proof! The proof is in the pages and pages of upset customers that GREE does nothing to help. You still have not made it right for us when the syndicates got all messed up suring the Raid Boss event. That was and EPIC failure and all you could say was.....sorry. I realize that it is not all your fault, but as the "face" of GREE on this forum, we will continue to expect a response from you on these issues. When a resonable response is not issued, or the situation is not made whole, we will look to you to fix it. That's your job....deal with it.

bruner
05-15-2014, 07:18 AM
after I get another ban, at least I will have another forum to visit.

Carbide
05-15-2014, 04:02 PM

That's all fine and dandy but too many questions go un answered all the time in threads and it seems to be more abundant now, than I've ever seen it! I understand TOS, and know these rules, but just wish we could get responses from our questions! Bye the way I do like the new CC community app, you should come visit CJ, so Hannibal can ban you! This was in response to CJ's post

Carbide
05-15-2014, 04:04 PM
http://crimecitycommunity.freeforums.org/crime-city-community-forum-t4.html

John Hannibal Smith
05-16-2014, 05:28 AM
Its coming along nicely so far. At least over there we won't have to go through all the threads looking for support from Gree that never get a response and will have actual content there. Thanks for the support everyone.

J4CK D4N13L N0 7
05-16-2014, 12:35 PM

I'll summarise all current issue for you. Please answer all.

1) Do you think it is acceptable that I killed the previous epic boss over 200 times and didn't complete the loot drop goal?

2) Why is there no compensation when your game does not registers hits/loots. Support just say thanks for letting us know (aka we couldnt give a **** about you losing gold and not getting the item. Specifically talking about LTQ/SLTQ hits being on the final one e.g. 5/6 then resetting to 3/6. Or items clearly popping out of characters and not registering. And yes we have closed the game, restarted the game, we are 100% sure of how many items we had, we have no other apps running and we have a perfectly good internet connection.

3) why is there an energy requirement of over 4000 on the upcoming SLTQ. Do you know how many people can't even hit that?

4) why did a member start raid boss with 65million def and end with 56milllion? and yes they have sent a ticket and got no response.

5)why is information not posted, despite everyone wanting it? and no saying people complain if its wrong is not good enough, ignore them and post it for the 99.9% of your gamers that appreciate it

6) why is there always down for maintenance in the last hour of the battle weekends?

7) why do you keep releasing LTBs that are the same as current in store buildings with minimal changes, just use one of the other hundreds of other buildings on the maps that will be new for our hoods.

8) why are the syndicate bonuses not active anymore or ip bonuses won in events? I know people that have A LOT of ip bonuses and scored the same average ip as me. (and yes we are both similar levels and hit higher level targets with similar stats to ours etc etc) something is not right and we deserve to know what.

9) why has a skill point reset not been released for all those players who started adding to attack/def when it was relevant, now they are stuck at level 250 and it's pointless

10) why have you taken all strategy and planning out of the game? Introducing new targets every ltq stopped people prehitting maps. Not making future level characters appear on the last SLTQ (for ios) so people thought they couldn't prehit. There is no strategy or skill to this game anymore, just gold burning. Bring back some form of intelligence to the game.

I'll stop at 10.

please don't answer with comments like "I need a specific example of x" "send in a ticket about x". These things all happen, they have been posted many times, they have been ignored many times, tickets have been sent, and nothing done about it.

CJ54
05-16-2014, 01:21 PM
1) In the sense that it is random and you can get rotten luck with flat drop percentages (because there is no "you will or won't get it after certain tries" mechanic at play, just a flat percentage chance every time) then yes I find that acceptable. It is random, that can happen.

2)Because we cannot see it happening, no trace, either in test or from any server logs. If we have no record of it happening, we can't give people anything for it.

3)That was a typo in the data, which has been patched.

4)CC and KA have both been hit by some kind of client-side stat drop issue. We have both a server and a client engineer investigating and we will have that fixed as soon as possible for the affected players. Their actual server-side stats did not change.

5)This has been answered at least a dozen times in a dozen different threads, so I do not understand why you are including it here in things that we allegedly aren't answering. At the present time, the people who would post the information have no way to pull data that is 100% current, and the designers are often making changes right before the start time of the event. Since that is the current situation, we will not be posting further event information at this time and people need to accept that. I repeat, we will no longer be posting event data for the foreseeable future.

6)The last two times that happened, the increased activity which is normal at the end of the event mixed with an unrelated (or it should have been unrelated) server process, which killed the load balancer. We thought we had identified the root cause after the first time, but that turned out to be incorrect. Got it this time though; there was a huge post-mortem over it.

7) If you mean the art, it is because we are wrangling with a bug that causes new building art to be "off" by several in-game feet, which would cause those buildings to overlap with others visually. Which means we have to use existing art and modify it. Once that bug is licked, we will be able to use entirely new art again.

8) I honestly don't know what you're talking about, because we haven't changed anything with that.

9) This one has been answered dozens of times as well, for years. If you search "skill point reset" you should be able to find some of the previous ones, and the answer hasn't changed.

10) As we have stated before, pre-staging was never an intentional feature. I am sorry to hear that its removal impacted some peoples' enjoyment of the game.

big max
05-16-2014, 01:27 PM
I'll summarise all current issue for you. Please answer all.

1) Do you think it is acceptable that I killed the previous epic boss over 200 times and didn't complete the loot drop goal?

You just have bad luck

2) Why is there no compensation when your game does not registers hits/loots. Support just say thanks for letting us know (aka we couldnt give a **** about you losing gold and not getting the item. Specifically talking about LTQ/SLTQ hits being on the final one e.g. 5/6 then resetting to 3/6. Or items clearly popping out of characters and not registering. And yes we have closed the game, restarted the game, we are 100% sure of how many items we had, we have no other apps running and we have a perfectly good internet connection.

Sheet happens

3) why is there an energy requirement of over 4000 on the upcoming SLTQ. Do you know how many people can't even hit that?

It wasn't even released yet so why are you complaining

4) why did a member start raid boss with 65million def and end with 56milllion? and yes they have sent a ticket and got no response.

Maybe he cheated and got caught

5)why is information not posted, despite everyone wanting it? and no saying people complain if its wrong is not good enough, ignore them and post it for the 99.9% of your gamers that appreciate it

Do you need to be spoon-fed everything and continue to complaining about game lacking strategy. Plus, all you do is complain when it does get released.

6) why is there always down for maintenance in the last hour of the battle weekends?

Because it won't make a difference in your positioning the last hour anyways.

7) why do you keep releasing LTBs that are the same as current in store buildings with minimal changes, just use one of the other hundreds of other buildings on the maps that will be new for our hoods.

Because we want too. If we don't release one at all you will complain about that also. at least you are getting one.

8) why are the syndicate bonuses not active anymore or ip bonuses won in events? I know people that have A LOT of ip bonuses and scored the same average ip as me. (and yes we are both similar levels and hit higher level targets with similar stats to ours etc etc) something is not right and we deserve to know what.

How do you know it's not working? Remember the format change.

9) why has a skill point reset not been released for all those players who started adding to attack/def when it was relevant, now they are stuck at level 250 and it's pointless

Too bad so Sad

10) why have you taken all strategy and planning out of the game? Introducing new targets every ltq stopped people prehitting maps. Not making future level characters appear on the last SLTQ (for ios) so people thought they couldn't prehit. There is no strategy or skill to this game anymore, just gold burning. Bring back some form of intelligence to the game.

You are asking for intelligence but you want to pre hit. Come on now!

I'll stop at 10.

please don't answer with comments like "I need a specific example of x" "send in a ticket about x". These things all happen, they have been posted many times, they have been ignored many times, tickets have been sent, and nothing done about it.

I think this answers all the questions and concerns that you have.

JakeCullen
05-16-2014, 01:39 PM
10) why have you taken all strategy and planning out of the game?

I think the strategy and planning is still there...not for the players anymore... but shifted solely for GREE. :-)

Morgz
05-16-2014, 01:45 PM
I'll take a shot since you answered so many of that last person's questions. And I ask this with all due respect:

Why, when your server errors or other errors cause gold buying customers financial loss will you not compensate for them? We shouldn't have to go to the itunes store and dispute a purchase. It should be handled in game. Example: Servers go down in the middle of an ltq/sltq, causing us to either not have time to finish and not earn the prize we already spent gold to earn, or have to spend even more gold to finish. Example #2: Drop prizes that do not register, causing users to choose to spend additional gold that they wouldn't normally spend, or not get the prize they had started to spend gold to win?

b-w
05-16-2014, 01:49 PM
it's been more than the last 2 wars also..all since December that i can remember. every time it's said after that problem was located and fixed.

the ip is broken. i promise you. i did a test on hundreds and hundreds of targets before and after purchasing and maxing out ip bonus. the hitting over a hundred levels higher than you glitch has always been there but now it's so totally random. i've tried everything. i've taken # of mafia, lvl, my distance from their stats, etc into consideration and i can't make heads or tails of it.

JakeCullen
05-16-2014, 01:53 PM
1) In the sense that it is random and you can get rotten luck with flat drop percentages (because there is no "you will or won't get it after certain tries" mechanic at play, just a flat percentage chance every time) then yes I find that acceptable. It is random, that can happen.

2)Because we cannot see it happening, no trace, either in test or from any server logs. If we have no record of it happening, we can't give people anything for it.

4)CC and KA have both been hit by some kind of client-side stat drop issue. We have both a server and a client engineer investigating and we will have that fixed as soon as possible for the affected players. Their actual server-side stats did not change.

5)This has been answered at least a dozen times in a dozen different threads, so I do not understand why you are including it here in things that we allegedly aren't answering. At the present time, the people who would post the information have no way to pull data that is 100% current, and the designers are often making changes right before the start time of the event. Since that is the current situation, we will not be posting further event information at this time and people need to accept that. I repeat, we will no longer be posting event data for the foreseeable future.

6)The last two times that happened, the increased activity which is normal at the end of the event mixed with an unrelated (or it should have been unrelated) server process, which killed the load balancer. We thought we had identified the root cause after the first time, but that turned out to be incorrect. Got it this time though; there was a huge post-mortem over it.

7) If you mean the art, it is because we are wrangling with a bug that causes new building art to be "off" by several in-game feet, which would cause those buildings to overlap with others visually. Which means we have to use existing art and modify it. Once that bug is licked, we will be able to use entirely new art again.

8) I honestly don't know what you're talking about, because we haven't changed anything with that.

9) This one has been answered dozens of times as well, for years. If you search "skill point reset" you should be able to find some of the previous ones, and the answer hasn't changed.

10) As we have stated before, pre-staging was never an intentional feature. I am sorry to hear that its removal impacted some peoples' enjoyment of the game.

Some people may or may not be satisfied with your response CJ54...but I do admire your "balls" in facing the current heat. Kudos! :-)

J4CK D4N13L N0 7
05-16-2014, 01:57 PM

wow speedy response. thanks.

1) OK that confirms to everyone not to bother spending gold on a event you can complete 200 times and not actually finish.

2) Tickets with screenshots have been sent in 100s of times from many different people. someone at gree is aware of this issue and are purposefully ignoring it

3) thank you

4) again thank you - would of been nice for said player to get this as a response to the ticket...

5) so post it shortly after the event starts when it is correct? Refer to my carrot donkey dangling scenario. At lot of players (donkeys) won't spend gold to get to 'x' level on ltq to 'find out' what a prize (carrot) is. they will be more inclined to do so if they know what the prize is. Doneys know what carrots are and follow the carrot on the stick, if there was no carrot they wouldnt walk/trot/whatever donkeys do.

6) thank you. (although I bet you a vault to my account that it happens next war)

7) thank you. will be cool to get some new look buildings when that's fixed!

8) you may not know, but it's real. Before the recent ip in war changes (as in my max now is 560 ip whereas before was 656ip) I averaged the same ip when I dropped out of a fully maxed syndicate to do a war on my own, in a syndicate with no mods... I hit the same level players etc and my average was about 7 different. Somethings up and tickets get ignored.

9) ok so you can't do it, but do something else like offer skill points as a prize or item mod or something to balance it out for the original players (and I'm not one, just trying to help). or get round to increasing the level cap so all these 250s have something to play for again.

10) meh. it wasn't intentional because it didn't require gold, now that nearly everything requires gold there is little enjoyment left in the game.

appreciate the responses.

mxz
05-16-2014, 02:21 PM
There have historically been a number of offsite forums/ discussion sites for most of the titles. And if you want to discuss unreleased game content that someone is pulling directly from the game files using jailbreak apps or whatnot, then yes, you're going to have to do that somewhere else. This is not an unreasonable ask that people not discuss unreleased game content on the official forums, not least because it tends to change as it gets closer to release.Did something change or am I just getting old? Jailbreaks were never necessary to read the data.

The fact that your gamers know more and can produce quicker and more accurate data about the game than you guys do has been a consistent rolleyes for many of us; especially considering many of the new, innovative and wildly successful startup gaming companies that are trending towards being honest and forthcoming about numbers that aren't proprietary and don't give any competitors any sort of advantage.

I understand the need to obfuscate some data (personal information, mostly) - but hiding and lying about meaningless (to you) data just makes you guys seem petty.

Nighteg
05-16-2014, 02:46 PM
CJ, while you're in an answering mood, I'll try my luck. I only got 2 questions:

1) when will you bring back the good old PVPs that most of us want to see again? (you know what i'm talking about)
2) when will you increase the lvl cap? Admit that it's long overdue.

Tnx

The Angry Boodg
05-16-2014, 07:51 PM
9) ok so you can't do it, but do something else like offer skill points as a prize or item mod or something to balance it out for the original players (and I'm not one, just trying to help). or get round to increasing the level cap so all these 250s have something to play for again.

CJ...if you guys won't change your stance on doing a skill tree reset...then why not make the att and def points people used when they first started playing relevant...make it worth something like a percentage...and not a fraction of a percent which does nothing but a full percentage

So people who applied skill points to att or def in the early years (before stat inflation) are not screwed. They still get what it was advertised for...an actual increase in their att or def. if someone put 200 points into att then make it 200%...if people used all their skill points on stamina or energy then they get the benefit of sltq and LTQ stats