PDA

View Full Version : Dire 1 hour extension = not fair to Europe

FYV
05-13-2014, 10:33 PM
1) So event was due to start 10pm UK time (+1hr for most of Europe)
2) I expect most players will have been on full nrj ready for start of iLTQ
3) Not knowing when missing NPCs would be fixed I suspect a lot of European players will have logged off for the night given time of day
4) we only get 1 hour extension in lieu of 6-8 hour regeneration time we would have had in between using all energy and waking up this morning?

On a 24hr LTQ that's just not fair.

In my case Gree's error is costing me 2,100 energy.

Please consider extending the event by 6-8 hours.

SpikeyKit
05-13-2014, 10:48 PM
FYV sorry mate. But someone will always suffer oftherwise the events would be 20:00GMT as they us to be,
That hour lost aint bad. Least it wasnt 2. We always get screwed. Though i agree with you maing events fairer like 36h not 24. But we are talking Gree, they mess us 3/4 events in some way or another.

Sorry its true

FYV
05-13-2014, 11:27 PM
You have a valid point there and it did cross my mind that someone somewhere on the globe will always be disadvantaged by start time. I agree min 36hr events would probably be fairer to more people. Even perhaps just 30hr events would be better assuming average human being sleeps for min 6 hours... ;)

Good luck 2u

DILL3NGER
05-13-2014, 11:44 PM
Just don't do the event. I'm in the same situation. Timezones screw up lots of events, such as the current raid boss. I went to bed and woke up the faction on lvl 100s meaning I've got to go back and try to get them to obtain the wrapper.

Gree will sloooooowly learn that these constant **** ups will hurt their back pocket. And seeing how that's all they care about I'm sure they will work it out soon.

Sumiala
05-14-2014, 12:57 AM
Gree will sloooooowly learn that these constant **** ups will hurt their back pocket. And seeing how that's all they care about I'm sure they will work it out soon.

You think?
I don't.
Or, if they have learned the lesson, they have not taken good measures yet to counter them.
Maybe they just have one developer left who does everything!

RetiredAndHappy
05-14-2014, 01:51 AM
I'm starting to wonder if this is a development issue..

For some rrason I have a crazy idea that the devs have created a process (or maybe gree side interface) that allows support or a release team to create LTQs without dev assistance. . It would explain the screw ups... e.g. Not setting up a config file correctly

Julius Wheezer
05-14-2014, 02:52 AM
Though i agree with you maing events fairer like 36h not 24.

How can 36 hours be fairer? If it starts at, say, midnight your time, you have TWO nights during the event, while someone else starts at 8 a.m., and has only one. Seem to be arguing against your own point there..

I, too, lost a nights regen on this one. Win some, lose some.

It's only a game - enjoy it or don't play.

Gen CheeBye
05-14-2014, 04:32 AM
Never ending story. Walk away if you can't stand it no more.

krabbie
05-14-2014, 04:36 AM
I agree FYV, we are screwed. I was full and ready to start when the event should have started and lost 3500 energy because of it. But hey, we all get screwed by the bugs and glitches, not to forget the hacks and cheats, in this game so the only way to get unscrewed is to quit the game!

Sumiala
05-14-2014, 11:18 AM
How can 36 hours be fairer? If it starts at, say, midnight your time, you have TWO nights during the event, while someone else starts at 8 a.m., and has only one. Seem to be arguing against your own point there..
I, too, lost a nights regen on this one. Win some, lose some.
It's only a game - enjoy it or don't play.

It's about being full on energy to start.
If an LTQ is in full swing, you empty before going to bed and depending on how much energy you can have, wake up before full again, i.e. no energy wasted.
If you don't know when to begin, well, you either stay up until Gree sorts yet another mess, or you go to bed, running the risk you have a full energy bar going to waste because they fixed it 5 minutes after you fell asleep.
Comprende?

tk77
05-14-2014, 12:34 PM
I don't know why GREE doesn't like European players.

It's been going on for a while. I'm in GMT+1 time zone. Each time the US (west coast) pushes back any event one (or more) hour(s), it's so unfair for us. In fact, events don't last 24h (like in the US - or in Asia), but only 16 hours (at best).

I'm wondering if there is fair way for European players? Can we have some consideration? Is it possible to have a fair event for European players?

Carl47a
05-14-2014, 01:51 PM
That hour lost is gonna cost me regarding finishing off dire needs. One more hour would have meant completing it. Gutted.:mad:

FYV
05-14-2014, 02:57 PM
For regular events maybe start times should rotate between GMT+0 GMT+6 GMT+12 etc...? And GREE developers get paid overtime from time to time... :cool: