PDA

View Full Version : Valour Units Glitch

Viscount Bell
05-09-2014, 09:40 AM
I've been in hibernation for a while and I dont want to clog up the forum, or go trawling looking for an explanation but can some one please tell me what the whole 'Valour, glitch, full assault' thing was about?? :cool::cool::cool:

Showtime
05-09-2014, 09:42 AM
I've been in hibernation for a while and I dont want to clog up the forum, or go trawling looking for an explanation but can some one please tell me what the whole 'Valour, glitch, full assault' thing was about?? :cool::cool::cool:

I don't know, but I would have certainly enjoyed benefiting from it. :mad:

Viscount Bell
05-09-2014, 09:46 AM
I don't know, but I would have certainly enjoyed benefiting from it. :mad:

Ya, I would have enjoyed it myself

Viscount Bell
05-09-2014, 09:46 AM
I hear many got stat increases

2000y2k
05-09-2014, 09:47 AM
The valor glitch works, at least on iOS, by Deleting your MW war game then re installing it. After you re install if you go directly into the units all the Valor units are unlocked and you can purchase them. Once you leave the game and return the units are locked as they should be but anything you purchased stays in your inventory.

I'm assuming Gree is working on a fix but have not heard anything myself.

I don't think there is much of if any benefit to most players other than the very top players. The top air unit is great but at a cost of 1 million valor most benefit from purchasing multiple units in bulk.

Viscount Bell
05-09-2014, 09:50 AM
The valor glitch works, at least on iOS, by Deleting your MW war game then re installing it. After you re install if you go directly into the units all the Valor units are unlocked and you can purchase them. Once you leave the game and return the units are locked as they should be but anything you purchased stays in your inventory.

I'm assuming Gree is working on a fix but have not heard anything myself.

Thanks, sounds like any normal day in Gree HQ :p

Maverick0073
05-09-2014, 10:46 AM
There is a massive benefit to those that reduce there allies to around 20 or so for streaking purposes , they only take there top units into battle, most of these streaking teams have 5-10 of that 600k air unit.

Monteverdi
05-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Has been fixed with the last update...

justsomedood5
05-09-2014, 04:02 PM
There is a massive benefit to those that reduce there allies to around 20 or so for streaking purposes , they only take there top units into battle, most of these streaking teams have 5-10 of that 600k air unit.

What causes the "massive benefit"? Does lower allies actually help match easier teams? I always thought it was attack / defense stats, so whether you lowered allies with or without the valor units it wouldn't make any real difference.

Tardavic
05-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Hey guys, for the valor unit glitch, yes this has been fixed and we are removing these items and refunding the valor!!

We apologize that if this has caused any frustration!

2000y2k
05-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Hey guys, for the valor unit glitch, yes this has been fixed and we are removing these items and refunding the valor!!

Good news.

wwwjason
05-09-2014, 04:51 PM

Why refund the valor, they got the units knowing good and well they shouldn't, penalize these players by removing those units and NOT giving back the valor

DFI
05-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Why refund the valor, they got the units knowing good and well they shouldn't, penalize these players by removing those units and NOT giving back the valor

Seriously, why would you ever consider refunding the valor? You refund the valor, the gold, etc, which promotes bad behavior as you just give people the understanding that the worst that can happen for violating the tos is to be on par with everyone else. With this kind of thinking, everyone should cheat. Who comes up with these solutions anyway? Now let me spam people's walls in the hope of getting 5 million gold bars.

fofito30
05-10-2014, 09:12 AM

Serioursly? They violated your own ToS, your own rules and you won't even give them a slap on the wrist? So I guess you condone and approve all the glitching and hacking energy carried out by players? You do know you losing money by carrying with this business scheme, right?
You guys probably been reading the Spanish book "How to destroy your company and think your are wonderful" by Josep M. Rosanas Marti, specially the chapter 4 about customer service and never ever listening to your clients.

Green123
05-10-2014, 09:57 AM
When are you removing the units. I have cone across a lot of players in the last hour which still have these units?

Seriously12
05-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Yes, this is a generic account I just created as I dont want you guys to follow me around and call me troll because I am going to point out the obvious.

TOS - use or distribute cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third party software designed to modify any user's experience with the service.

This being said, cheat in the TOS is undefined, therefore open to everyones personal interpretation. The game allowing you do do something that it is not intended to do could be considered a cheat (to some people), but not everyone. The IOS flight mode glitch and this valor glitch could be considered cheating, however, I am sick you you cry babies always whinning about violating TOS to get rid of the people who use them. In reality depending on how you define all the above TOS, almost all of you are in violation of TOS, so basically you claim violation when it suits your needs to be better than everyone else.

Lets define bots - How about the distributed intel bot on your selected chat apps? Maybe I want to define that application as something that is modifying your experience for better and mine for the worse for not having it. Against TOS, in my definition yes.

Lets define 3rd party software - Groupme, Parlingo, skype..... does it modify your experience, well you bet it does. Against TOS? If you define it as such.

So basically you cry TOS when something isnt in your favor? Looks that way. Calling it a hack? Well a hack is modifying the games data. Exploiting a glitch is not a hack. A glitch is taking advantage of the app, allowing you to do something that it wasnt designed to do. They will fix it as they always have, but whinning about the people doing it is bull****.

Cheers

Snatcher
05-10-2014, 05:23 PM
I agree with they above post and "A glitch is taking advantage of the app, allowing you to do something that it wasnt designed to do. They will fix it as they always have, but whinning about the people doing it is bull****. " as for the valor units that have been obtained by This issue i would say let them keep it " they cant/May not take units away after 72 Hours have been passed from the moment that it has been fixed and if they had good writers then it shouldnt have happend....

DFI
05-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Yes, this is a generic account I just created as I dont want you guys to follow me around and call me troll because I am going to point out the obvious.

TOS - use or distribute cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third party software designed to modify any user's experience with the service.

This being said, cheat in the TOS is undefined, therefore open to everyones personal interpretation. The game allowing you do do something that it is not intended to do could be considered a cheat (to some people), but not everyone. The IOS flight mode glitch and this valor glitch could be considered cheating, however, I am sick you you cry babies always whinning about violating TOS to get rid of the people who use them. In reality depending on how you define all the above TOS, almost all of you are in violation of TOS, so basically you claim violation when it suits your needs to be better than everyone else.

Lets define bots - How about the distributed intel bot on your selected chat apps? Maybe I want to define that application as something that is modifying your experience for better and mine for the worse for not having it. Against TOS, in my definition yes.

Lets define 3rd party software - Groupme, Parlingo, skype..... does it modify your experience, well you bet it does. Against TOS? If you define it as such.

So basically you cry TOS when something isnt in your favor? Looks that way. Calling it a hack? Well a hack is modifying the games data. Exploiting a glitch is not a hack. A glitch is taking advantage of the app, allowing you to do something that it wasnt designed to do. They will fix it as they always have, but whinning about the people doing it is bull****.

Cheers

Thank you so much for pointing out the obvious. And of course, Ferr would tell you that the TOS is purposely broad to be a catch all. Again, obvious. Creating a new account to post the obvious? Obviously not wanting to be trolled. All of this seems very obvious.

whitefire
05-11-2014, 01:19 AM
So yet again, Gree rewards glitching and not playing according to their own rules. Are you so scared of the top three teams that you don't have the guts to do what you'd do with any other team?

alexmodernwar
05-11-2014, 01:43 AM
Well to me this is just plain wrong, many years ago, my first account, that had many boosts to regen, got banned after i used the glitch that gree had where if you hit a player with higher stats you could buy the valor units they had. What happened to my account you ask i was banned sent requests in and was told i had breached the TOS and would be banned.
But hey i was a free player.
So how is this any different

Kennetth
05-11-2014, 12:41 PM

People would claim that it was unintentional and there would be no way to prove that. Remember that this is not a particularly sophisticated glitch, and I would guess that 1-2% did buy the units mistakenly in good faith. Also it is hard to define cheating in this particular situation as has already been expressed.

Mastert55!
05-11-2014, 12:48 PM

They refunded the valor and gold because Gree screwed up by creating the glitch in the first place.

TEG
05-11-2014, 02:19 PM
Gree didn't find them all. I just ran into slam l250 with one of the 600k planes. Not a rank to have it available.

Crusher kong
05-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Still waiting for gree to run their script on the first two le sets. Gree?

MadAtWorld
05-11-2014, 07:16 PM
What causes the "massive benefit"? Does lower allies actually help match easier teams? I always thought it was attack / defense stats, so whether you lowered allies with or without the valor units it wouldn't make any real difference.

It benefits like this:

Lets say you have only 10 allies with the 600k units. Your boosts still apply. So, you may have 10m stats with only 10 allies. A streak team is also matched by number of players. So if a team of about 12 meets another team, their smaller players will go for the guy with only a few allies and hit a brick wall. Def points. And because it is based also on stats, the 12 person team you meat that has 10m stats likely also has 500 allies. So how does it help? Your stats really are not 10 mil. You add 10 more allies and they are 20, just as long as you want them to be. So you can jump to give them no target, and drop back before next match so you can catch another low team in a no win situation. For them at least. It's a form of stats manipulation to get an opponent who cannot win against you. Like stacking the cards.

MadAtWorld
05-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Well to me this is just plain wrong, many years ago, my first account, that had many boosts to regen, got banned after i used the glitch that gree had where if you hit a player with higher stats you could buy the valor units they had. What happened to my account you ask i was banned sent requests in and was told i had breached the TOS and would be banned.
But hey i was a free player.
So how is this any different

You sinned at a point when the owners of the game cared about the games integrity. Shoulda waited.

wwwjason
05-11-2014, 09:09 PM
People would claim that it was unintentional and there would be no way to prove that. Remember that this is not a particularly sophisticated glitch, and I would guess that 1-2% did buy the units mistakenly in good faith. Also it is hard to define cheating in this particular situation as has already been expressed.

Your kidding right, you can only get those valor units if you have reached a certain rank, if you have not reached that certain rank you should not be able to get them, even if it was available for a few moments, any player no matter what team you are on should be penalized for this, take away they valor unit they should not be able to get and don't give back the valor points

Crusher kong
05-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Sounds reasonable. How about your boss?

Your kidding right, you can only get those valor units if you have reached a certain rank, if you have not reached that certain rank you should not be able to get them, even if it was available for a few moments, any player no matter what team you are on should be penalized for this, take away they valor unit they should not be able to get and don't give back the valor points

DFI
05-12-2014, 02:17 AM
You sinned at a point when the owners of the game cared about the games integrity. Shoulda waited.

Clearly, you should have then joined sup then resent the request to get the account refreshed with several more boosts. :-)

wwwjason
05-12-2014, 06:01 AM
Sounds reasonable. How about your boss?

Take a moment to read what I said before you comment, and I have no boss

GrimAmoeba
06-25-2014, 07:24 AM
Looks like tickets have to be sent in as they are not automatically being removed?

glad you came out of your hole groundhog

Veccster
06-25-2014, 09:56 AM
For what it's worth...this happened on Android in the past (when I was newer to the game). I didn't realize it was a glitch at the time. Started up the game one day and I was able to purchase valor units that were not previously available to me. I didn't know why I was now able to do it but figured something must have changed in the game - or they temporarily made all units available.

In my case, it was a display glitch. I was able to purchase the units and saw my stats go up. But as soon as I exited the game, the valor would return and the units would be gone.

Point is, I didn't know it was a glitch. It will be hard for Gree to define who was exploiting and who was just being naive.

Maz
06-25-2014, 10:22 AM
Point is, I didn't know it was a glitch. It will be hard for Gree to define who was exploiting and who was just being naive.

As stated here they don't have to waste time figuring who did it purposely an who did it by honest mistake, in either case they are taking the blame just like in the fa le unit glitch, no ones being banned for this, the fix should be an easy fix considering they don't have to worry about banning people who may or may not have exploited it purposely.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?91992-Why-aren-t-sup-players-being-banned&highlight=players+banned

Can't pull up a quote but it's in the 7th post first paragraph

Web323
06-25-2014, 10:53 AM
Just ran into a player that had 3 of each top unit and only a captain in rank

BrisingrBoss
06-25-2014, 12:01 PM
Now that you mention it, what has been done regarding the Full Assault LE Glitch? i heard people got massive stats by buying a LE set, using the cheapest unit of it on Full assault, buying it again and getting bonus again. clearly a glitch, but clearly they knew exactly what they were doing. i never knew what happened to those players. did they get their bonus units removed????

Maz
06-25-2014, 03:30 PM
Now that you mention it, what has been done regarding the Full Assault LE Glitch? i heard people got massive stats by buying a LE set, using the cheapest unit of it on Full assault, buying it again and getting bonus again. clearly a glitch, but clearly they knew exactly what they were doing. i never knew what happened to those players. did they get their bonus units removed????

Some had them removed, some kept them. Some players only had the last le sets removed from the last fa event while the le sets that were available during previous fa's were kept. Like the valor glitch gree deemed it their fault and no banning as anyone and everyone was allowed to do this so there was no adv just like anyone was free to get the valor units.

hollywood42069
06-26-2014, 06:32 AM

What I don't get is why your going to give the cheaters back their valor. If they glitched the valor units they have glitched all energy goals. It is unfair to the rest of us honest gold spending players that you let their account remain active let alone returning the valor so they can find another way to cheat!!!

Maz
06-26-2014, 08:32 AM
What I don't get is why your going to give the cheaters back their valor. If they glitched the valor units they have glitched all energy goals. It is unfair to the rest of us honest gold spending players that you let their account remain active let alone returning the valor so they can find another way to cheat!!!

As stated here, gree isn't considering it a hack or cheat cause it was open and available to anyone and everyone just as the le units were in fa. Hacks or cheats give an unfair adv over other players, being that these 2 issues were available to all, no one player had an adv.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?91992-Why-aren-t-sup-players-being-banned&highlight=players+banned

Can't pull up a quote but it's in the 7th post first paragraph

It was a screw up on grees part.