PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with my Faction

suckmyluke
05-07-2014, 07:38 PM
I've been with my current faction for six months now, I've always been in the top 5 points scorers in WD. I'm also in the top 5 in full assault, boss battles and in FLTQ. The problem is I've been patiently waiting to be promoted to officer. Finally after last weekends Zambia war, I scored > 100k points and finished 4th again in our faction, so I asked when I would get promoted. The leader told me he'd like to see me step up more in helping to organize events. Okay .... well in our 60 man faction there are already 20 officers, it only adds confusion if a regular member starts giving out orders. When I've been in other factions its the guys who score the points, kill the most bosses, spend the most gold who get promoted. How do most other factions decide who should be promoted?

You're probably reading this and thinking 'grow some balls, just leave the faction if you're not happy' . I do genuinely like the guys in my faction. My biggest reason for wanting to be an officer is a lot of the strategy talk and decisions are made in the officers room which I'm not a part of.

So i've thought about it & the way I see it these are my three options, i'd really appreciate some advice on what I should do:
1. Just stick it out for another war cycle, be more active in the faction chat room & ask again about being an officer in a month
2. Leave now and look for another faction
3. Stay with my current faction for the regular events and then for the next WD I would approach a top 50 faction and see if they'll let me in just for the weekend (by the way if anyone reading this would consider letting me do this please let me know ... in return I will guarantee 120,000 WD points, plus 500 concrete and $1 Billion dollars).

lemonhaze
05-07-2014, 07:43 PM
leave and find another..u shouldnt have to ask to be a officer

reesiepuff
05-07-2014, 08:04 PM
i don't think officer status should be synonymous with "heavy hitter" and "biggest scorer" - there are many other things that go into becoming officer. besides officer status is overrated anyway

Mr Big C
05-07-2014, 08:23 PM
I would think 20 officers is already too many.
Generally for us, those that ask to be officers are given specific instructions (not general instructions - like be more active) on what we expect to see from them in the next few weeks to a month and then make our decision based on how well they followed instructions and did what we asked of them.

suckmyluke
05-07-2014, 08:27 PM
I would think 20 officers is already too many.
Generally for us, those that ask to be officers are given specific instructions (not general instructions - like be more active) on what we expect to see from them in the next few weeks to a month and then make our decision based on how well they followed instructions and did what we asked of them.

i agree 20 officers is overkill. it sounds like you have a fair system of choosing new officers.

Mastert55!
05-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Just score 1 million points and demand to become an officer or you will leave forever. Lmao jk. You need to seriously earn it. Be as active as you can, take the initiative. During the raid boss event, tell your leader that you need to be promoted since there are some times when a boss needs to be summoned and there are no officers around to do it (with 20 officers I doubt that) and say you would like to be promoted so you can summon too.

mreilly
05-07-2014, 09:50 PM
i couldn't care less about being an officer... what good does it do you when they have 20 others? I do things in the groups i'm in regardless of what status i have. I've ran groups without being told.. just provided and done all that was needed in day to day crap.

Personally if you feel ignored and under appreciated (which you should when a third of the group is an officer) I would leave them and join elsewhere.

Mcm2013
05-07-2014, 10:15 PM
as a leader officer status has less to do with overall top producing, as most consistent, helping run/organize/recruit and such. there are certain members you will have to satisfy with officer status out of this due to what they have done for the team but also have to be trust worthy as officer status members can go rogue on key events even when they dont mean to

Mcm2013
05-07-2014, 10:16 PM
will also note i have made several officers that have earned it and dont want the roll due to several reasons

Rough Neck
05-07-2014, 10:20 PM
instead of whining, start you own faction !

rushabhc
05-07-2014, 10:25 PM
come and join 'GANG RELATED'
Faction code:-246.150.006

the_Enforcer_
05-07-2014, 11:22 PM
come and join 'GANG RELATED'
Faction code:-246.150.006

well that'd depend on what you had to offer him that he couldn't get at his current faction or elsewhere........

Apollo13
05-07-2014, 11:29 PM
What advice do you want? Putting up this thread will not get your faction's attention to promote you to officer. Just tell them you want to be more active in the faction and ask them to give you the chance to put in your 2 cents worth of comment. Are you going to come here and tell us next that they are not taking your advice too?

Apollo13
05-07-2014, 11:31 PM
By the way, I just look at it that they don't value you as much as you to them. With 100k wp, you can go find a spot in the top 50 team easy.

suckmyluke
05-08-2014, 12:04 AM
What advice do you want? Putting up this thread will not get your faction's attention to promote you to officer. Just tell them you want to be more active in the faction and ask them to give you the chance to put in your 2 cents worth of comment. Are you going to come here and tell us next that they are not taking your advice too?

thanks for your reply, what i meant by asking for advice was how do other factions decide on who to promote, and what are some suggestions on things I can do to help my faction to demonstrate that I'd like a promotion

Jetwit
05-08-2014, 04:47 AM
with your faction already having 20 officers which has to be overkill. It maybe time to look elsewhere for your needs. People are right, just because you put up a lot of points means your a great team player. But you haven't gotten your self noticed enough to be thought of as a planner.

There are a lot of things that go into becoming an officer. Your faction leader gave you some advice. Follow it and if nothing changes to your liking it may be time to move on to another faction.

Agent1200
05-08-2014, 05:02 AM
Being an officer has everything to do with leadership, communication, and organization. A player who doesn't do these things everyday, is only a player. Regardless of the points, damage, ect. Rogue cowboys can score lots of points, but actually do the team a dis service.

So, if you want to be an officer, step up and help with the hard stuff. Anyone can buy gold and tap the screen. Try organizing an event effectively. It takes so much more time and effort.

If you're such a big hitter, you should have already known this. I spent 11 hours one day on an FLTQ assigning targets, updating a spreadsheet, and making sure not a single energy was wasted. That had nothing to do with my or any other individuals personal performance. Just dedication to the whole team.

It's much easier to only worry about yourself.

quest4byte
05-08-2014, 05:45 AM
Being an officer has everything to do with leadership, communication, and organization. A player who doesn't do these things everyday, is only a player. Regardless of the points, damage, ect. Rogue cowboys can score lots of points, but actually do the team a dis service.

So, if you want to be an officer, step up and help with the hard stuff. Anyone can buy gold and tap the screen. Try organizing an event effectively. It takes so much more time and effort.

If you're such a big hitter, you should have already known this. I spent 11 hours one day on an FLTQ assigning targets, updating a spreadsheet, and making sure not a single energy was wasted. That had nothing to do with my or any other individuals personal performance. Just dedication to the whole team.

that's good advice, I like making spreadsheets and I've taken the initiative to make a few for the faction

AlexFoo
05-08-2014, 05:51 AM
Just score 1 million points and demand to become an officer or you will leave forever. Lmao jk. You need to seriously earn it. Be as active as you can, take the initiative. During the raid boss event, tell your leader that you need to be promoted since there are some times when a boss needs to be summoned and there are no officers around to do it (with 20 officers I doubt that) and say you would like to be promoted so you can summon too. how are those family issues working out... guess you gave your friend your forum account too...

Jack07
05-08-2014, 06:23 AM
Why would You want an extra burden of dealing with disgruntled members, regurgitating same ol' info to new members, staying on clock to run battles, keepin watch over whos active or not.... etc etc...
Enjoy this game as is, You wont gain much respect from others in faction for being an officer ( quite frankly is its the other way around).

SgtBilko
05-08-2014, 06:29 AM
I've been with my current faction for six months now, I've always been in the top 5 points scorers in WD. I'm also in the top 5 in full assault, boss battles and in FLTQ. The problem is I've been patiently waiting to be promoted to officer. Finally after last weekends Zambia war, I scored > 100k points and finished 4th again in our faction, so I asked when I would get promoted. The leader told me he'd like to see me step up more in helping to organize events. Okay .... well in our 60 man faction there are already 20 officers, it only adds confusion if a regular member starts giving out orders. When I've been in other factions its the guys who score the points, kill the most bosses, spend the most gold who get promoted. How do most other factions decide who should be promoted?

You're probably reading this and thinking 'grow some balls, just leave the faction if you're not happy' . I do genuinely like the guys in my faction. My biggest reason for wanting to be an officer is a lot of the strategy talk and decisions are made in the officers room which I'm not a part of.

So i've thought about it & the way I see it these are my three options, i'd really appreciate some advice on what I should do:
1. Just stick it out for another war cycle, be more active in the faction chat room & ask again about being an officer in a month
2. Leave now and look for another faction
3. Stay with my current faction for the regular events and then for the next WD I would approach a top 50 faction and see if they'll let me in just for the weekend (by the way if anyone reading this would consider letting me do this please let me know ... in return I will guarantee 120,000 WD points, plus 500 concrete and $1 Billion dollars).

come join Bilko's Warriors. We are not a Top 50 faction, but we are consistently in the top 250. We have fun playing the game and sounds like you need some fun. Join us at 279365100.

David Steelman
05-08-2014, 01:22 PM
how are those family issues working out... guess you gave your friend your forum account too...

Ha ha ha, nailed it. Best bedtime Reading ever.

chad1122
05-08-2014, 07:39 PM
We have guys that put up similar points in wd and don't want the responsibilities, just want to play and be done with it. Being leader of mine sometimes I wish I was just a player but teams need officers to step up and help take care of things.. Hit me up if interested in switching teams ;)

DFI
05-09-2014, 04:59 AM
You don't ask to be promoted, it's the other way around. I've been asked to become an officer in every faction I have played with except for my very first one, when I didn't know the ins and outs of the game. If the leader doesn't see what you bring to the team, then either you don't see your blind spots or the leader isn't up to snuff. But I agree, twenty is too many, at that number, you don't know who is accountable for anything and you start to have officers who don't have a responsibility, and looks like you have a bunch of slacking officers. And trust me, I've wondered how some guys ever became an officer.

DFI
05-09-2014, 05:02 AM
how are those family issues working out... guess you gave your friend your forum account too...

I hope sup realizes that if you can't be honest with your former team, then the next one is likely to be just as fooled.

DB DirtyUKBomb
05-09-2014, 05:05 AM
20 officers is way too many. You end up in an overkill situation. Each of our officers have a job. Pointless having the title if it's a paper title. The question you have to ask yourself is 'Is inner intel' the real reason? Because if your motoring along, like your guys and are having fun, what diff will a title make.

akindfoe
05-09-2014, 05:33 AM
Join the vff family it always works in vff

bam bam.
05-09-2014, 05:50 AM
Don't give gree a cent till they sought out at a minimum the inventory and war rewards.

Back to the thread topic. Officer n points scored shouldn't be directly related. Officers r the guys who show genuine leadership skills (not always a lead from the front approach but have healthy inputs in critical decisions at critical times). It's ok to express an interest n ask what ur team needs for u to do but it should b them who ask u to b an officer not the other way around. I don't care if u have 60 officers in a faction jus so long as u have 1 in command at any given time n have everyone who is in the crew aware of who the officer in charge is at all times.

Loki KAD
05-09-2014, 06:31 AM
There's lots of things you can do to help and organise without being an officer.

1) Players may ask for advice so you can help them.
2) Search the forum for intel, ltq info
3) Network players on the forum to create alliances
4) Chat more in your chat rooms, makes you more approachable
5) Help organise role calls during RB and War
6) Offer helpful suggestions or strategies.

Plus many more, you don't become officer for playing the game because that's what is expected of you anyway!!!

I hope this helps,
Regards

Loki

iamgremlin
05-09-2014, 10:34 AM
I would say if yer on here whinin istead of actually tryin to prove yer self you don't deserve to be an officer quit yer faction and start yer own. Or suck it up and start helpin organize yer team and provide them with intel. Prove your self with action not money and gold

Dazzj10
05-12-2014, 02:55 AM
My officers are promoted on trust and activity, I don't go for the highest points or most kills,,
If I know I can 100% rely on them to give their best then I'm happy with that

Apollo13
05-12-2014, 03:57 AM
Please email Gree and claim you are the founder of the faction and it has been hijacked. Once Gree gives you leadership, you can then begin punting players from the team at will. Enjoy

Lol. This is a very good idea.

Tournai
05-12-2014, 04:29 AM

As a leader of TDF, I totally agree with this! well said!

I my own Officer group, we have officers, that have their own skills supporting The Dutch Fighers Faction.