PDA

View Full Version : How prizes for WD should work. Listen up GREE!

Pidgeot
05-06-2014, 09:17 PM
After 3 weeks of fighting through unwinnable events and spending more than work hours playing, the rewards after it all should be worth it... And they are not. The biggest event of the month should have prizes that will MAKE us spend money, and a +1 Air Attack boost wont make me (or anyone with a working brain) spend the vaults of gold you want.

How do we fix this? Its pretty simple and thats to make WD prizes worth it. These prizes should be game changing. Whether or not these units make it into our Armies, the boost should change our game for the best. You inflate (I/F)LTQ's and bosses without compensating us players and treating us like we have the overpowered boost only 2 percent of your players have. Anyway onto the way prizes should look.

First- (Medal) + 12% Alliance Attack or Defense
Second- (Medal) + 9% Alliance Attack or Defense (Opposite of what was used above)
Third- (Medal) + 20% Infantry/Ground/Air or Sea Defense boost
Top 10- + 1 Building Construction (CHANGE BETWEEN WD)
Top 25- + 20% Infantry/Ground/ Air or Sea Attack Boost
Top 50- - 10% Crate Time Reduction
Top 75- -5% Energy Regen Time
Top 100- -5% Energy Cost For Missions
Top 150- + 7% World Domination/Battle or Capture Points (CHANGE BETWEEN WD)
Top 250- + 25% More Cash From Missions
Top 400- +1 Building Upgrade (CHANGE BETWEEN WD)
Top 500- - 5% Building Construction and Upgrade Cost
Top 750- - 5% Health Regen Time
Top 1000- +2 Energy Regen
Top 1500- + 10 Valor from Raids and Attacks
Top 4000- -15 Percent Unit Cost (Cash and Valor)
Everyone Else- Care Package (I'll explain)

Now these are prizes worth fighting for. How this would work, WD would have to be once every other month so 6 WD events a year. This will allow us as players to cool down from the last WD and give use time to setup for the next. A month of upgrading and building as well as factions getting ready for the next war. This is better for use all and makes you more money in the long run. In between, you can run smaller events like Full Assault or the small Crate event. These Prizes for WD events SHOULD always be the same so players know what to fight for.

The prize setup will reward us for a hard work and give us something to fight for. A top 250 Faction will fight for the Top 150 Prize, i.e. more money for you. You well even see Top 4000 faction fight for higher tiers because its worth it to them. To prevent the prizes from becoming overpowered, I listed change between WD events for the really powerful ones. You can put whatever unit boost you want there but nothing less than 10% for the higher ups and 5% for the bottom. Doing it this way will give players something to look forward to and something to fight for. Boost like + whatever Energy should be lower down in the list so a larger amount of players can get them.

Now for the Care Package. No one likes not getting anything for putting time into events but loss because they are too weak. To keep these players, give them something. The Care Package will have 5 things in it. They are;

25 Gold
2 Million Cash
10000 Valor
2x Air unit 8000 A/D

This gives those players who fought hard but did not place a chance to get a prize anyway. ONLY Faction that did not place in the Top 4000 can get this so this is not a reward for the top 4000 Faction. This give those weaker factions a reason to play and try for higher tiers. Now there will always be abuse of any system, no matter the safeguards you place but I feel Factions that get 20k or so WD Points should get this so factions that camp cant get it. Also forces players to move on to bigger faction for rewards... Again more money for you because happy players spend money.

I keep making these threads because I care about the game. Since this is for the community, what do you guys think? I feel these prizes are fair for WD events. Anything that that could change.

jrb22250
05-06-2014, 09:47 PM
You put a lot of thought into something Gree will not read. And if they did, and or cared, they would tell you "Submit a ticket"

Some good ideas!!

2000y2k
05-06-2014, 10:07 PM
You put a lot of thought into something Gree will not read. And if they did, and or cared, they would tell you "Submit a ticket"

Some good ideas!!

Sad but true. Gree will not change WD from a 3 week cycle.

Mastert55!
05-06-2014, 10:14 PM
These are amazing ideas. That would indeed make everyone jump for a tier higher. Only of Gree would take the community's advices and implement ideas like this. Even in beta testing. That would probably bring Gree out of deficit.

tambour.de_ville
05-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Interesting ideas, but do you really think these people have the ability to do this?

Assuming they could do this, it'd take these characters at least 120 (realistically 180 days+) days to pull this off.

You can also rest assured, that after this crew starts to create and craft your ideas, the end result would not vaguely resemble your ideas.

They don't have that much time remaining before the entire mine collapses.

Copenhagen
05-06-2014, 10:46 PM

Some good ideas!!

"Your request has been closed. This means the issue is solved" - NOT!

"If you have not already done so, please check out our forum where many senior members who can provide insights and tips." - Circular reference ERROR!

Reubengoh
05-06-2014, 10:54 PM
Nice... But I doubt they will accept that...

Pidgeot
05-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Interesting ideas, but do you really think these people have the ability to do this?

Assuming they could do this, it'd take these characters at least 120 (realistically 180 days+) days to pull this off.

You can also rest assured, that after this crew starts to create and craft your ideas, the end result would not vaguely resemble your ideas.

They don't have that much time remaining before the entire mine collapses.

If they did this, I would expect it to not be what I posted so I do expect a change but something like this. WD is suppose the the event to fight for yet its pretty much worthless unless you're a top 250, sometimes 400 Faction.

I dont see why they shouldn't try it. Im trying to make them more money and make the game better for everyone. Free advice is the best.

tambour.de_ville
05-06-2014, 11:36 PM
If they did this, I would expect it to not be what I posted so I do expect a change but something like this. WD is suppose the the event to fight for yet its pretty much worthless unless you're a top 250, sometimes 400 Faction.

I dont see why they shouldn't try it. Im trying to make them more money and make the game better for everyone. Free advice is the best.

Two possible reasons: they don't care or they can't do much better than what they've done.

All of their games run on one engine that's three years old. What's that tell you?

jrb22250
05-06-2014, 11:44 PM
GREE's submit a ticket (https://games.gree-support.net/anonymous_requests/new)

Here is link....Send away and let us know what they say!

Pidgeot
05-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Well, normally submitting a ticket would mean game play error. This is more for the development team to take action.

krill
05-07-2014, 11:02 AM
amazing ideas!!! if this was the case I would not be burning my account during next FA!

levi.baker88
05-07-2014, 02:34 PM
What has been suggested isn't unreasonable and will actually make the WD event worthwhile playing.

Lift Ticket
05-07-2014, 02:44 PM
I keep making these threads because I care about the game. Since this is for the community, what do you guys think? I feel these prizes are fair for WD events. Anything that that could change.

I like your ideas, well thought out...some of these ideas will also help some longtime veterans keep from getting burned out on the game. As of right now, I don't think Gree gives a damn about what you or I or anyone else has to say about their game. The mods/devs can't even bother to help forum veterans with the issues and problems they are having with the game......

You get an A+ for effort....I do like your ideas!!

codys21
05-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Definitely good ideas, sir! The only one I don't really like is +1 building construction. Most players have all the buildings (except maybe some defense buildings) so this upgrade would come in handy only when new buildings are released. Nonetheless, great thread. We can only hope.....

Alexindahouss94
05-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Nice ideas, much better than what GREE puts out nowadays. I think adding in a few defense boosts towards the top, and a few attack boosts towards the bottom would be perfect. I hope GREE fixes my once favorite game

Hondo
05-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Happy customers do spend more. I hope someone from Gree reads this thread. It's a nice contrast to the usual rubbish.

ElMacho
05-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Wow I agree, these prizes would be awesome... At least one WD like this would be great, or one WD every 6 months... starting ASAP! The building upgrade would be the one I'd covet or health or energy.. ah heck any of them are better that we've been getting! Thanks for sharing

Pidgeot
05-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Any chance you can edit your post to change the word "metal" to "medal"

Thank you

Fixed. Can't believe I did not catch that. Thanks.

AHH
05-07-2014, 05:12 PM

Great idea! Thanks for bringing the forum back as it was intended, and posting something constructive (regardless of outcome).

Pidgeot
05-07-2014, 09:34 PM
I care about the game. It's why I'm so adamant about changes.

Robespierre
05-07-2014, 10:07 PM
These are amazing ideas. That would indeed make everyone jump for a tier higher. Only of Gree would take the community's advices and implement ideas like this. Even in beta testing. That would probably bring Gree out of deficit.

Gree did bring back the daily scratch tickets after all of the belly-aching on the daily login rewards. Unfortunately it was a vocal minority that wanted the scratchers back because after all, they sucked. They suck more now with rewards scaled back to rewards from 8-12 months ago.

Pidgeot
05-08-2014, 12:31 PM
Im not sure when they plan on releasing the updating scratchers. I hope they charge 20 Gold for them since CC charges 20 for them.

CC1
05-09-2014, 07:41 AM
Great ideas Pidgeot. It's nice to fantasize about. Unfortunately, that's all it is; a fantasy. Gree couldn't care less about their customers. Look at the scratchers mentioned by Robespierre. In the 3 weeks it's been live, not one unit makes it to my army. Most of the lowest units in the store unlocked at level one have better stats. Yet Gree spent resources implementing and maintaining it despite countless other more important issues and problems. There's a whole thread on this topic and Gree is silent and indifferent. They simply do not care. You, me, and everyone who commented here has wasted our time. Unfortunately ya can't fix stupid

2MblaZ
05-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Bump to the top - GREE mods please print first post and bring it to your next brainstorming meeting - you get something valid and not uber boring like you're doing now!

Arizona
05-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Your proposals are flawed. Go back and ask yourself how that prize structure would benefit the MW community. I won't go into detail, but to to offer a 20% attack boost now, to the top 25 seems unsound.
How did you arrive at the figures in your prize list? Did you pluck them out of the air, thinking "that sounds good"?
Where are the next Att/Def boosts in your list of the top 4000? There are none.
Good grief!!!

Viscount Bell
05-09-2014, 09:42 AM
You Sir, Pidgeot,are a genius and should be working at Gree instead of the design/programming idiots there now.

hsf
05-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Spent over 6 vaults, top 10 in Zambia, gain ****ty 9m, its about 1% of my attack, totally not worth. :mad:

mreilly
05-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Your proposals are flawed. Go back and ask yourself how that prize structure would benefit the MW community. I won't go into detail, but to to offer a 20% attack boost now, to the top 25 seems unsound.
How did you arrive at the figures in your prize list? Did you pluck them out of the air, thinking "that sounds good"?
Where are the next Att/Def boosts in your list of the top 4000? There are none.
Good grief!!!

His rewards are ridiculously stupid.. he did pluck them out of thing air. I am surprised at all the praise he is receiving from the other clueless idiots. I stopped reading after the plus one building construction for a top ten group. Umm wtf! Great lets spend loads of $ for a reward they don't need.

The more you actually look at the rewards the more clueless this guy seems to be.

Pidgeot
05-09-2014, 01:39 PM
@mreilly and Arizona

Yeah, I did make these up out of then air, however a lot of though went into this. Top 10 prize, to my knowledge has never happened. so the top 10 and higher will get +1 building construction. Not a big deal but can play a role in the future. The rewards are set up for both current and future play. Not only do you get +1 construction, but you also get everything on the list!

Also, the list is setup to deal with the power creep the game went through. This mean ANY new players that come into the game can go to factions that will have them and they can get rewards to quickly build their game. This is a big deal for getting and keeping new players. This will somewhat deal with the issue of players not being able to keep up.

If you want Attack and Defense boost Arizona, then play in the other events. You'll get to 50% to those stats and they are plentiful. WD was setup to please all players and give new players a fighting chance, as well as those weaker factions. Also mreilly, I've been around a lot longer than you. I've seen each change the game went through and even all the bad, since Im a Android player. Show some respect.

Im sorry you two cant see value in this list. Perhaps belonging to those top factions kill what the game could be for you. I know people dont want to spend 6 vaults on +1 whatever boost but they would for this.

Zepson
05-10-2014, 04:50 AM
Remember this thread? This was posted a year ago by mods...
"We want to help get player feedback and questions to our developers. Please add them here."
and...
"We do take in a lot of feedback from our players. The plan is to engage formally more often. Thanks for the feedback."
and after 12 pages full of suggestions...
"Thanks for all the feedback. We are going to close the thread and go over the details with the product team. We'll come back with some responses in a new thread."
and...
" I also want to say from everyone here at GREE that we GREATLY appreciated those of you that shared some of your questions/concerns on current issues affecting you and the game. I've seen some really great suggestions (reading through) and I know the developers will be excited to see them for sure."

And then they came up with Full Assault, that's it, *sigh*

Bancodilugano
05-11-2014, 02:12 AM
After 3 weeks of fighting through unwinnable events and spending more than work hours playing, the rewards after it all should be worth it... And they are not. The biggest event of the month should have prizes that will MAKE us spend money, and a +1 Air Attack boost wont make me (or anyone with a working brain) spend the vaults of gold you want.

How do we fix this? Its pretty simple and thats to make WD prizes worth it. These prizes should be game changing. Whether or not these units make it into our Armies, the boost should change our game for the best. You inflate (I/F)LTQ's and bosses without compensating us players and treating us like we have the overpowered boost only 2 percent of your players have. Anyway onto the way prizes should look.

First- (Medal) + 12% Alliance Attack or Defense
Second- (Medal) + 9% Alliance Attack or Defense (Opposite of what was used above)
Third- (Medal) + 20% Infantry/Ground/Air or Sea Defense boost
Top 10- + 1 Building Construction (CHANGE BETWEEN WD)
Top 25- + 20% Infantry/Ground/ Air or Sea Attack Boost
Top 50- - 10% Crate Time Reduction
Top 75- -5% Energy Regen Time
Top 100- -5% Energy Cost For Missions
Top 150- + 7% World Domination/Battle or Capture Points (CHANGE BETWEEN WD)
Top 250- + 25% More Cash From Missions
Top 400- +1 Building Upgrade (CHANGE BETWEEN WD)
Top 500- - 5% Building Construction and Upgrade Cost
Top 750- - 5% Health Regen Time
Top 1000- +2 Energy Regen
Top 1500- + 10 Valor from Raids and Attacks
Top 4000- -15 Percent Unit Cost (Cash and Valor)
Everyone Else- Care Package (I'll explain)

Now these are prizes worth fighting for. How this would work, WD would have to be once every other month so 6 WD events a year. This will allow us as players to cool down from the last WD and give use time to setup for the next. A month of upgrading and building as well as factions getting ready for the next war. This is better for use all and makes you more money in the long run. In between, you can run smaller events like Full Assault or the small Crate event. These Prizes for WD events SHOULD always be the same so players know what to fight for.

The prize setup will reward us for a hard work and give us something to fight for. A top 250 Faction will fight for the Top 150 Prize, i.e. more money for you. You well even see Top 4000 faction fight for higher tiers because its worth it to them. To prevent the prizes from becoming overpowered, I listed change between WD events for the really powerful ones. You can put whatever unit boost you want there but nothing less than 10% for the higher ups and 5% for the bottom. Doing it this way will give players something to look forward to and something to fight for. Boost like + whatever Energy should be lower down in the list so a larger amount of players can get them.

Now for the Care Package. No one likes not getting anything for putting time into events but loss because they are too weak. To keep these players, give them something. The Care Package will have 5 things in it. They are;

25 Gold
2 Million Cash
10000 Valor
2x Air unit 8000 A/D

This gives those players who fought hard but did not place a chance to get a prize anyway. ONLY Faction that did not place in the Top 4000 can get this so this is not a reward for the top 4000 Faction. This give those weaker factions a reason to play and try for higher tiers. Now there will always be abuse of any system, no matter the safeguards you place but I feel Factions that get 20k or so WD Points should get this so factions that camp cant get it. Also forces players to move on to bigger faction for rewards... Again more money for you because happy players spend money.

Some very good ideas, I'm the leader of Texas, top35, and we agree with you, thx for the post

Arc Burn
05-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Hmm I like that you are proposing ideas and that stimulates discussion. However, I disagree with your award structure. So a top 10 gets +2 building upgrades every war? (Alternating, I know) this will become useless quickly if not instantly as they likely have 2 or more already, along with most building already high.

The only atk/def boost is top25?!? Makes the start gap even worse as most of the other prizes focus on the other events... events that the top 25 will already complete.

I have an average iph and extra payout on missions? I couldn't tell you the last time I looked at how much I got from them. I know xp is slowly becoming less of an issue (wd points new and epic boss is heavily weighed to top tiers).

Ok things I like. 1 You are thinking of how to make it better. 2 the non top 4000 prize, but I'd adjust it to everyone outside top 1000 (still keep bonuses for those outside top 1000, heck 25 gold may be like the crack dealer giving you the first hit for gree) 3. I like SOME non atk/def bonuses.

I just think of you structure it like this the top will be pissed at some prizes while continuing to distance themselves from the pack. It will also have the negative impact of forcing gree to make events even harder to keep top tier players challenged and spending gold. That way no matter how awesome the prizes get lower levels still won't have a chance at completing. The only way this works is if it were to become so boring all the top guys quit (have you read the forums lately? )

I wanna say I am a long-ish time player. Spend gold, but not in a top 25 or anything but still do decent. Maybe I'm crazy since many agree, but I read this when you first posted it and thought exactly what I just typed. Never thought so many would agree. Since they have, thought I'd share my perspective.

Pidgeot
05-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Nothing wrong with that. I'm trying to find a way to please everyone. The WD prizes are not worth fighting for. The stat gap is already too huge. By the time I reach 100 million attack, the top 25 will be 6 billion+. I'm in a top 250, sometimes 150 faction and I dont mind staying there but maybe we'll fight harder for better prizes. These prizes were setup to be long term rewards and like someone else posted would be great for every other war. We want to change out the building construction and upgrade reward... like maybe 2 or 3 a year. Again this is not only for me so all input is welcomed.

Maestro
05-11-2014, 10:55 PM
The more health regen bonuses and energy regen bonus that are given out the more the game will be changed to make that the normal level for events. Example the more health regen bonuses are given out the harder those bosses are to beat. Also the more energy regen bonuses are given out the more energy will be required to finish events. My energy is +13 and I can't finish a LTQ free when it was +7 I had a chance. Those 2 bonuses sound good but gree will inflate the game to compensate making it harder on new players and the new norm for older players.

Pidgeot
05-11-2014, 11:00 PM
The more health regen bonuses and energy regen bonus that are given out the more the game will be changed to make that the normal level for events. Example the more health regen bonuses are given out the harder those bosses are to beat. Also the more energy regen bonuses are given out the more energy will be required to finish events. My energy is +13 and I can't finish a LTQ free when it was +7 I had a chance. Those 2 bonuses sound good but gree will inflate the game to compensate making it harder on new players and the new norm for older players.

The game will always inflate. I only got +1 energy regen and many in my faction have +0. My only health boost is my faction. I have been punished for boost I dont have. Most of us are so rather than make it harder to impossible for us to finish, give us the boost.