PDA

View Full Version : Street Assault

CJ54
05-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Well, as some of you have noticed (as in this thread here: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?90864-Street-Assault-is-Coming!!!) we mistakenly left a pop-up for an upcoming new event type in the new client version of the game. We'll be removing that pop-up until we are closer to the actual launch (which won't be for a while yet, and we don't have a hard date), but in the meantime the cat is out of the bag.

A couple of things we want to clear up:

-We don't have a hard date on the event launching, it is still in the production stages and will be a ways down the road, and it will be heavily announced beforehand.

-We WILL have more information on the event when we get closer to launching it, including an update to the FAQ with information on how the event works. We will not be leaving people in the dark on the way the event functions.

-The event will NOT be identical to the Full Assault event that Modern War has seen recently, it will have some similarities but will be different. Crime City works differently gamewise, and on top of that we have already been making changes to the MW event for next time based on player feedback. We're going to be incorporating some of those feedback-based changes into the Crime City version as well.

If anyone has any other questions/ concerns, let us know. We may not be able to answer everything right at the moment due to the fact that the feature is still in production, but we will make sure you have full information when we get closer to the event.

CJ54
05-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Oh, and one more thing, it is going to be totally 100% awesome. Like, completely awesome. So awesome that we will need a new word for awesome instead of "awesome" because the definiton of awesome will already be taken.

Don'tPostPersonalInfo:D
05-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Thank for the heads up CJ. But could you tell us the "soft date" about it? For example, 1-2 war cycles, 5-6 war cycles, or next year?

BrisingrBoss
05-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the Clarification CJ, i was not exactly sure that the Awesome prize would be anything like the weapon displayed on the pop up. I hope i didn't burst your guys bubble on posting that pop up, though. we have all been anxiously waiting for new items to come to crime city, that we could use our saved up RP, and the Street Assault is just such an event that would have us also hoping for such new items. any eta on new items though? i keep looking at those unspent RP.... as far as feedback on Full Assault. maybe another check box that indicates i don't want to see bonus items either, so its faster to deploy units. another that might help is to see how much each team has currently deployed there so i know how much i need to spend to get that node. but alas that might be part of the fun mystery part of it...

Verbal Kint
05-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Are we to assume that new weapons will also accompany this event?

Biggy Smalls
05-06-2014, 11:52 AM
^^ What he said, is the store going to be getting updated with weapons that fit the stat inflation?

Fredfreddy
05-06-2014, 12:08 PM
I think CJ's point was, everybody chill, stop asking questions about it, it's not time yet since they haven't finalized how it will work in CC. Once they start talking about it you can bombard them with questions.

CJ54
05-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Thank for the heads up CJ. But could you tell us the "soft date" about it? For example, 1-2 war cycles, 5-6 war cycles, or next year?

At least a month, we're shooting for in the next few months, but that is the best I can give at the moment.

therealbengie
05-06-2014, 01:33 PM
in the greectionary does awesome mean expensive?

Rickdee
05-06-2014, 01:38 PM
At least a month, we're shooting for in the next few months, but that is the best I can give at the moment.

Please,please tell me there is a weapon upgrade... Long time player and need something to keep me going!

Nighteg
05-06-2014, 01:51 PM
1) Please remove the possibility to use items with mods in the event. Even with the "confirm" button, people will always use those by accident. And then you'll have to deal with hundreds of unnecessary tickets.

2) You said "we have already been making changes to the MW event for next time based on player feedback".

Most of the whining was from those who didn't bother building their hoods and working on their income. I still hope that IPH will play a MAJOR role in this event.

Tnx.

Bobar
05-06-2014, 02:14 PM
Oh, and one more thing, it is going to be totally 100% awesome. Like, completely awesome. So awesome that we will need a new word for awesome instead of "awesome" because the definiton of awesome will already be taken.

just make it playable. without bugs and glitches.

sister morphine
05-06-2014, 02:49 PM
1) Please remove the possibility to use items with mods in the event. Even with the "confirm" button, people will always use those by accident. And then you'll have to deal with hundreds of unnecessary tickets.
Absolutely. I made that request after the first outing in MW. They were still being included during the most recent Full Assault, but hoping this will be done ASAP there, and will be so from the start in CC.

2) You said "we have already been making changes to the MW event for next time based on player feedback".

Most of the whining was from those who didn't bother building their hoods and working on their income. I still hope that IPH will play a MAJOR role in this event.
+1 for this too. Must admit I laughed when a few people complained about losing tens of millions in stats.

$Heisenberg$
05-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Well, as some of you have noticed (as in this thread here: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?90864-Street-Assault-is-Coming!!!) we mistakenly left a pop-up for an upcoming new event type in the new client version of the game. We'll be removing that pop-up until we are closer to the actual launch (which won't be for a while yet, and we don't have a hard date), but in the meantime the cat is out of the bag.

A couple of things we want to clear up:

-We don't have a hard date on the event launching, it is still in the production stages and will be a ways down the road, and it will be heavily announced beforehand.

-We WILL have more information on the event when we get closer to launching it, including an update to the FAQ with information on how the event works. We will not be leaving people in the dark on the way the event functions.

-The event will NOT be identical to the Full Assault event that Modern War has seen recently, it will have some similarities but will be different. Crime City works differently gamewise, and on top of that we have already been making changes to the MW event for next time based on player feedback. We're going to be incorporating some of those feedback-based changes into the Crime City version as well.

If anyone has any other questions/ concerns, let us know. We may not be able to answer everything right at the moment due to the fact that the feature is still in production, but we will make sure you have full information when we get closer to the event.

Its nice you only leave people in the dark in WoN when you transfear wars over there!

H8er-aid
05-06-2014, 04:45 PM
in the greectionary does awesome mean expensive?

Yup, you must be a veteran

Verbal Kint
05-06-2014, 05:35 PM
How about letting people pick the items to be shown during the event, so the list of usable weapons isn't a mile long.

reticlover
05-06-2014, 05:53 PM

any insight on when we might be getting the new items in the store?

Captain Torgue
05-07-2014, 01:34 AM

Broseph, the definition of awesome is already taken and if you look in the dictionary you will see my name and face. #FACT

CJ54
05-07-2014, 02:15 AM

Tnx.

We're working on that in MW, it turned out to be a harder change than expected. If we can get it done for MW, we will for CC as well. It doesn't actually result in too many cases of accidental sacrifices though, given the number of people pouring units in (but it does happen).

Regarding #2, the tweaks more about increasing usability and decreasing time/ fiddliness required where possible.

Nighteg
05-07-2014, 06:58 AM
Hey CJ, thanks for your feedback.

One final question: will this event finally introduce mods worth fighting for? (energy regeneration, 2 simultaneous upgrades etc.) Instead of the constant atk/def mods?

mxz
05-07-2014, 09:53 AM
I'm assuming that means getting new cash units, too?

Agree on the mods thing. Just being able to search / filter by number of units in inventory would be a big step forward (with a personal preference towards being able to tag "favorite" units).

NexusOne
05-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Oh, and one more thing, it is going to be totaly 100% awesome. Like, completely awesome. So awesome that we will need a new word for awesome instead of "awesome" because the definiton of awesome will already be taken.

Another word for awesome is "amazing" I hope it is amazing like you say and thanks for the information

gambino gunz
05-08-2014, 12:03 AM
This event will be an epic fail........ And if. I some how lose my gold payed items. Gree can shove. This game up where the sun dont shine. In all honesty we have a good game going why the f#%k do we keep changing it. Is it not about the customers and players these days stop. F%#kin our game up seriously

I am a cow!
05-22-2014, 02:18 PM

Just to clarify full assault in mw was complete sh1t

mxz
05-22-2014, 10:14 PM
Just to clarify full assault in mw was complete sh1tIf anyone was looking for butthurt...just read the above.

PawnXIIX
05-22-2014, 11:17 PM
If anyone was looking for butthurt...just read the above.

#smug

That is all.