PDA

View Full Version : How much gold did you spend this WD?

thundarr
05-05-2014, 05:47 AM
With this insane hyper deflation of WD points (my mini is level 105 and I attacked players level 300 and averaged 250 points) how has it affected your WD spending? My main is level 190 and I averaged less that 250 attacking level 300 players. I used to drop a pile of gold when I had a good match-up (over 400 points) now whats the point. I spent 100 gold this WD and next one I will spend zero. In their constant quest for more money they managed to ruin the last fun thing about MW. It seems Gree spends more money on psychologists trying to squeeze as much as they can from us than on making the game fun to play. First its hyper stat INflation now its hyper WD point DEflation. The scratchers are a joke (the units I get are not even in the top 12000 of my inventory). 2 days to finish the epic boss event. 7-8 vaults for the ILTQ. 8 events in 3 weeks. Insane scrambling to get all 17 units for the Raid boss (it USED to be fun). Its like we are on a treadmill and they keep increasing the speed. New players are shut out and the old ones are dropping like flies. Its like we are on the Titanic with no life boats.

tambour.de_ville
05-05-2014, 05:50 AM
You have a choice. You are still the supreme leader & boss of you.
You are free to play, GREE SAYS, or YOU SAY.
Whatever you do should be what's best for you and your life.
You aren't in the military, and stop worrying about letting some faction down, because they'll do exactly what certain entities do: BLEED YOU DRY.
Choices, choices, choices...

Sumiala
05-05-2014, 07:38 AM
I lost around 48 gold for unknown reasons.
I was on a weekend break and managed to log in sometimes when I
A) remembered
B) had wifi
So obviously not going to gain a lot of points and obviously not spending gold. But yet, for some bizarre reason I had gold missing. In two batches:
1) 23 (possibly a few less)
2) 25
Sent in a ticket but no hope I see that gold ever again.
I'm on iOS, upgraded to the latest, and MW version 4.0.2 build 20140501_2

VikingsVoice
05-05-2014, 08:01 AM
Points will normalize over time. No one has to spend more, points and minimums are set based on desired placement divided by # of faction members. The community as a whole will score less in the big picture.
Example: 3 Vaults could net you 252000 points if you average 350, with changes, you now will average 300 and get 216000 points. If 80% or more of the spenders do not increase their spending based on point mins set on now obsolete logic, the impact will go unnoticed. ATM, it's 11+ Million WD's to crack the top 10, which means a faction of 60 will need each member to score 183500(rounded). Number 10 was 17+ Million WDP's last war which would require 283500 per member of a 60 member faction. Predictions for the #10 spot points this WD?

My long point here is don't think you have to spend more to win, points are less so the base line will change all other requirements will follow in time.

AlexFoo
05-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Points will normalize over time. No one has to spend more, points and minimums are set based on desired placement divided by # of faction members. The community as a whole will score less in the big picture.
Example: 3 Vaults could net you 252000 points if you average 350, with changes, you now will average 300 and get 216000 points. If 80% or more of the spenders do not increase their spending based on point mins set on now obsolete logic, the impact will go unnoticed. ATM, it's 11+ Million WD's to crack the top 10, which means a faction of 60 will need each member to score 183500(rounded). Number 10 was 17+ Million WDP's last war which would require 283500 per member of a 60 member faction. Predictions for the #10 spot points this WD?

My long point here is don't think you have to spend more to win, points are less so the base line will change all other requirements will follow in time.

stop!!! people will ridicule you for making sense! ;)

SPWD
05-05-2014, 10:32 AM
You're missing an option,you realised it was crap so didn't buy any or less than normal amount.

1GaDawg85
05-05-2014, 12:17 PM
How about..... "I never buy any so who cares?"

Mcm2013
05-05-2014, 12:22 PM
changed a lot for me, went from spending 1-8 vaults over 4 accounts to using a grand total of 100 gold (just to get last needed hits on ind reward). With the current rewards it isnt worth it

Dazzj10
05-05-2014, 12:23 PM
I said I would stop buying gold last month and I haven't bought a single one in nearly 4 weeks

Flatus Maximus
05-05-2014, 12:31 PM
"With this insane hyper deflation of WD points (my mini is level 105 and I attacked players level 300 and averaged 250 points) how has it affected your WD spending?"

With the change you cited plus the hyper opponent mismatching I am used to, I considered staying on the sidelines. However, the one selection you did not include in the poll, was "did you spend less...."

I spent only enough to win the battle and not to pump my points...

I'm not sure how this will help...I expect the Koolaide drinkers to ridicule any constructive criticism as negative...

ezmunie
05-05-2014, 12:53 PM
i bought/used 0 gold