PDA

View Full Version : Please explain

MadAtWorld
05-04-2014, 03:19 PM
There are many questions about the worlds mysteries. Like Whats in the colonels secret recipe? The Gree mystery is how they work the matchup algorithms for WD. There has always been speculation, and there have been a few dangled carrots as to the answers. Basically, it's a combination of things. Faction stats. Rank. Number of players.

I have never written about WD matchups. Never complained that I was beaten by someone. And although it's been a little frustrating at times the most recent WDs have not been overly unfair. Streak teams vs steal teams. Full rosters vs full rosters. And if there was a little give here and there on the sorting for rank or stats, you could at least identify something that would have ended up in a match between the teams.

Until today. It's a Sunday afternoon. Lots of people declaring. So there cannot be a lack of opponents. We have been matching in 10-15 minutes, yet we just matched in less than 5. So please, someone find the correlation between these two teams. Because I cannot.

34 member team, stats 4m - 166m. Ranked 402. Matched to.... a 60 member team, stats 160 - 800m, ranked number 1.

Now, I understand that the people at the top need opponents and we can't all always get people under us. I would have no comment facing a team with 40 people and stats 60 - 300m and ranked at 200. But this particular matchup has defied even the most twisted logic. Not one of the criteria Gree has ever stated as being relevant to the selection is present here. Which would suggest a "last two people on the planet" scenario. Only we know with a 4 minute match at the busy part of a weekend cannot be true. So please, just so I can drag my mind away from this puzzle, tell me how this is even possible.

DFI
05-04-2014, 03:33 PM
There are many questions about the worlds mysteries. Like Whats in the colonels secret recipe? The Gree mystery is how they work the matchup algorithms for WD. There has always been speculation, and there have been a few dangled carrots as to the answers. Basically, it's a combination of things. Faction stats. Rank. Number of players.

I have never written about WD matchups. Never complained that I was beaten by someone. And although it's been a little frustrating at times the most recent WDs have not been overly unfair. Streak teams vs steal teams. Full rosters vs full rosters. And if there was a little give here and there on the sorting for rank or stats, you could at least identify something that would have ended up in a match between the teams.

Until today. It's a Sunday afternoon. Lots of people declaring. So there cannot be a lack of opponents. We have been matching in 10-15 minutes, yet we just matched in less than 5. So please, someone find the correlation between these two teams. Because I cannot.

34 member team, stats 4m - 166m. Ranked 402. Matched to.... a 60 member team, stats 160 - 800m, ranked number 1.

Now, I understand that the people at the top need opponents and we can't all always get people under us. I would have no comment facing a team with 40 people and stats 60 - 300m and ranked at 200. But this particular matchup has defied even the most twisted logic. Not one of the criteria Gree has ever stated as being relevant to the selection is present here. Which would suggest a "last two people on the planet" scenario. Only we know with a 4 minute match at the busy part of a weekend cannot be true. So please, just so I can drag my mind away from this puzzle, tell me how this is even possible.

Are you ranked in the top 150 or 200? If you believe that SUP1 needs to play against someone, some top teams speak with them to avoid a match up with the top three teams, and if they can't play against the same team x times, etc., then you might fairly be game. Who knows, you just might have contributed to them only being able to score 2-3 million points, dragging down their score. The biggest hole in the game is that you can avoid playing certain teams.

Jhenry02
05-05-2014, 04:59 AM
Holy crap, viet the Gree Support team is on the forums! Read beyond the first paragraph or two.

Was the post tldr? Did it make you want to go poopy?

Look at paragraph 4, you know, the one with all the numbers in it...

On a further note,
This does seem to be quite an odd matchup. Any other explanations besides it's gods will and SUP has to face someone?

-J

Niek_NL
05-05-2014, 06:25 AM
Our faction, Excellence, is currently ranked 341th and and we have been matched with SUP2 TWICE now.

Agent Orange
05-05-2014, 06:37 AM
Is it possible that this is more an indication of how few Factions are participating?

tambour.de_ville
05-05-2014, 06:41 AM
Is it possible that this is more an indication of how few Factions are participating?

I think you're spot on. One need only review the MISLEADERBORED to see for himself or herself.

Agent Orange
05-05-2014, 06:53 AM
I think you're spot on. One need only review the MISLEADERBORED to see for himself or herself.

Yes, sadly, I did take my test faction out on the evening of day 1 and found matching wasn't too awful. On sunday morning did one battle, my test faction which was ranked around 2400 after three battles hit a faction ranked in the top 600. So after 4 battles I figured that folks had bailed and that there was no point in getting rid of what free gold I had left.

Seems like the factions below top 1500 said screw it as my test faction with 3 wins and 1 loss is sitting in the top 2500, and quite frankly given what I saw I can understand why.

Overall Gree needed to throttle back the points when high stat minis went up against high level low stat long term players, but I think it is too late. The exploitation of glitches and massive stat inflation has truly killed the game. Being number 1 is so completely out of reach that it really is a lost cause so the question becomes what is the point?

In any event good luck folks...

Jhenry02
05-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Oh and I'm also not happy Gree turns down the concrete drop rate during WD. I'm hunting for it and getting 1/40 instead of the usual 2/12.

good gawd noooo
05-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Yes, sadly, I did take my test faction out on the evening of day 1 and found matching wasn't too awful. On sunday morning did one battle, my test faction which was ranked around 2400 after three battles hit a faction ranked in the top 600. So after 4 battles I figured that folks had bailed and that there was no point in getting rid of what free gold I had left.

Seems like the factions below top 1500 said screw it as my test faction with 3 wins and 1 loss is sitting in the top 2500, and quite frankly given what I saw I can understand why.

Overall Gree needed to throttle back the points when high stat minis went up against high level low stat long term players, but I think it is too late. The exploitation of glitches and massive stat inflation has truly killed the game. Being number 1 is so completely out of reach that it really is a lost cause so the question becomes what is the point?

In any event good luck folks...

Believe plenty are still participating because points needed to have top 250 spot keep increasing. If fewer were competing points needed would drop

crazeejay
05-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Our faction, Excellence, is currently ranked 341th and and we have been matched with SUP2 TWICE now.
Same here. Seems to be the norm. How else could they do what they do?