PDA

View Full Version : Epic Boss x208- Explanation please Gree

J4CK D4N13L N0 7
05-01-2014, 03:30 PM
I was going to post a review of this cycle of events, provide constructive criticism etc., and I probably still will, however this needs an answer now.

I like the addition of collecting all items on the epic boss for prizes, however the discrepancy between users is outrageously wide.

I run two accounts.
The first I completed all goals on boss 163. Thought, hey despite having 2/3 on the final goal since boss 96, being able to farm 63 more level 100 bosses won't be all that easy for everyone so good gain, fun event and you get there eventually.

Other account - this was my loots at then end of the event.
Dans ak102 x26; Dan's big blaster x23; Danielle's pistol x7
Danielle's protection x4; Dan's nasty joke x14; Dan's diamond knuckles x33; Dan's slasher x1
Hustler's bombshell x6; Danielle's torch x28; Tall one x10; Explosive vintage x0
Downtown threads x10; Hustler's helmet x10; Boss beanie x9
Groovy ride x9; Jumped up jeep x6; Disco ride x8; Dan's sweet roadster x4

Yes, that's 208 boss kills; (133 after level 75 when the 3 items required for the hardest goal are available). Compared to others who were lucky enough to complete it before even finishing the 100 boss goal, and my own experience with account no 1, this is ridiculous.

Now, I appreciate the event and the "chance" side of things in gaining the extra items, it did add an element of interest in continuing farming of the level 100 boss. And, despite my anger at not receiving the final prize, I'm not going to go on a screw you gree campaign (there's plenty more reasons to go down that route).

What I want is an explanation from Gree as to how they think it is acceptable to run an event in which I complete the 100 goals, and then proceed to essentially redo the whole event again killing the level 100 boss 108 MORE times, and not get the 3rd item required for the final loot goal. Did you expect people to do this many bosses and not get the goal? Was this (another) example of a new implementation not going to plan i.e. were some players never going to achieve the goal no matter how many bosses they took down? I'll wait for your response before taking it any further, through support/googleplay/gamingstandards as I am genuinely interested in your opinion/thoughts/reasons on this.

If you request I will send in a ticket so you can check out my account, but I wanted to post here and get a real persons response, instead of the generic bullcrap response of "we've passed this on to our developers, issue closed"- which by the way never answers the question you send in, you might as well send back and email saying "lol".

In future events my suggestion is to cap the event at a certain level. For example set a level you deem reasonable to have all loot items dropped before. maybe 150 bosses/175 bosses, and if a player completes that many bosses they are awarded 1 of each loot item and therefor complete all goals.

I look forward to a 'useful' response from a Gree representative.
Thanks

wawoftam
05-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Jack, how many hits was it taking you to down the level 100's? I suspect that the drop rates were linked to the number of hits taken. We had a few players complete by 110 kills and a couple just over 100. They were all a higher tier than my 3 that completed it. One of mine was on 3 hits and got 2/3 (both after 120 kills) and the other 2 4 hits. They got 0/3 each although one I stopped on 102 due to lack of interest. My main did around 130 kills (gave up counting). That's over 100 chances between the 2 for 2 drops. That hardly encourages gold use to complete anything.
I understand things shouldn't be that easy to complete but interest in even trying is certainly waining at my end.

xavvax
05-01-2014, 04:30 PM
I had 193 wins and didn't finish, someone in my synd finished before getting to lvl 100. But you prizes are more spread out than mine I have 34 aks and 34 torches. But no jeep. At the end I needed 6 cash hits, so I wasted lots of cash for no prize

Gree doesnt realize ppl are a lot more willing to spend gold if they know how much it will take to finish. This raid boss has really turned off a lot of players. Ppl will keep going event after event when they are pleased ppl that have to go 120+ bosses and still dont get the prize most likely wont go chasing it again

General Dudus
05-01-2014, 05:07 PM
nothing of the sort my 4 accounts, 3 cash hits tier 4 got all items my two on tier 5 one 3 cash 1 free hit one 4 cash hits got all items my mini 4 boss kills to one bar of health only got the dog

the items for nifty knickers are like the crate drops, i do hope that this style was put together because of the syn problem and it goes back to syn goals next one

Zaz42
05-01-2014, 07:38 PM
2 accounts did not finish the last one on either.
~130-140 kills and only one of the drops needed for one account.
~115 kills and 2/3 drops(all prior to lvl100) needed for the other account.

It honestly looks like the drop rate for epics on the last loot table was drastically reduced for this event and possibly future ones. I usually see ~7 epics from the final loot table by the time I kill 100. Only saw 1 drop(on my main) from nearly 40 kills past 100 is ridiculous.

Luv4UR Mom
05-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Just estimating, but I probably killed the boss close to 150 times. It was taking me 6 cash attacks to kill a boss. Funny thing is- I had 4 protections and just needed the jeep. Other people in my group had 3 or 4 jeeps, and needed just the protection. From what I could discern, there was no consistency........ Pure luck.

tanioula
05-01-2014, 08:03 PM
My favor event EB piss me off I think game is for fun ..
I farm lvl 100many times my lvl 118 need 5cash hits... My time and resold not havingvfinal 3loots in ....

My next favor event RB and poor uzis drops.....

The only reason I'm still playing this game is my CC friends......

GucciMane
05-01-2014, 08:10 PM
"" Was this (another) example of a new implementation not going to plan i.e. were some players never going to achieve the goal no matter how many bosses they took down? ""

You finally figured it out. Congrats you have officially beat the game.

I've seem more than enough evidence across multiple events the randomness in the drop varies by account, not by the item itself.

So some accounts will inherently have better odds at completing this event than others.

The benefit is this: Crime City is a social game. by allowing *some* players to finish, they tell their friends encouraging remarks, keep going (keep spending) and they'll get it too. Only.... it doesn't happen this way.

Legendaries accounted for <1% of my boss drops after level 75. My sample size is too large for the discrepancy to be statistically insignificant. I won't be spending any more gold on these boss events.

Xyranthios
05-01-2014, 08:17 PM
My results on my mini

Tier 1 (5-25)

Danielle's protection x2
Explosive vintage x1

Dans big blaster x4
Groovy ride x12
Hustlers helmet x9

Dans knuckles x18
Danielle's torch x17
Dans ak 102 x13

Downtown threads x11
Disco ride x11
Tall one x11

Dans nasty joke x9
Danielle's pistol x4
Boss beanie x8

Dans sweet roadster x3
Dans slasher x8
Hustlers bombshell x4

Boss 145 times and only 3 epics

xavvax
05-01-2014, 08:20 PM
If it was just 1 item that a lot of ppl needed it could be explained simply by saying the drop rate was really low. However thats not the case, since some ppl needed only the jeep or only the dog or only the bottle and had multiples of the other 2 it means the code was written in a way that certain items were harder for some ppl to get then for other ppl to get. Different odds for different ppl = complete bs. Everyone that finishes lvl 100 should have equal chance of finishing. Everyone that finishes 150 bosses should have equal chance of finishing as everyone else that finishes 150 bosses.

Ppl can talk about it being random but its not it is directly written to be extremely hard for some to finish. If it was 100% random everyone would have equal chance of getting each prize and that obviously wasnt the case.

If a person kills 200 bosses and gets 10 jeeps but no dogs and another person kills 200 bosses and wins 10 dogs but no jeep then its pretty close to statistically impossible for it to just be random chance. Random chance implies everyone has the same chance, this event was far from that. Gree has intentionally decided to give some ppl a great chance of finishing and others a very ****ty chance of finishing. Now the odds each person was given to finish might be random but the prizes you received had very different odds for different ppl and that is the real problem with this event. If everyone had equal chance of getting all loot drops way less ppl would be pissed off and would be willing to spend gold on future boss events, but since soo many ppl were screwed by grees antics less ppl will be spending gold next boss event

triple OG
05-01-2014, 08:32 PM
I was wondering the same thing. How can someone beat the lvl 100 boss over 150 times in 3 days to only end up getting 2 out of 3? I got the 2nd legendary item with 20 hours left.

GucciMane
05-01-2014, 08:38 PM
If it was just 1 item that a lot of ppl needed it could be explained simply by saying the drop rate was really low. However thats not the case, since some ppl needed only the jeep or only the dog or only the bottle and had multiples of the other 2 it means the code was written in a way that certain items were harder for some ppl to get then for other ppl to get. Different odds for different ppl = complete bs. Everyone that finishes lvl 100 should have equal chance of finishing. Everyone that finishes 150 bosses should have equal chance of finishing as everyone else that finishes 150 bosses.

Ppl can talk about it being random but its not it is directly written to be extremely hard for some to finish. If it was 100% random everyone would have equal chance of getting each prize and that obviously wasnt the case.

If a person kills 200 bosses and gets 10 jeeps but no dogs and another person kills 200 bosses and wins 10 dogs but no jeep then its pretty close to statistically impossible for it to just be random chance. Random chance implies everyone has the same chance, this event was far from that. Gree has intentionally decided to give some ppl a great chance of finishing and others a very ****ty chance of finishing. Now the odds each person was given to finish might be random but the prizes you received had very different odds for different ppl and that is the real problem with this event. If everyone had equal chance of getting all loot drops way less ppl would be pissed off and would be willing to spend gold on future boss events, but since soo many ppl were screwed by grees antics less ppl will be spending gold next boss event

Another guy who has figured it out.

Think of it this way. Suppose I gave each of 5 members of my syndicate a 6-sided, non-loaded die.

They each roll their respective dice once....

All of the numbers that show up are completely random. two guys landed on '3', one guy landed on '5', one girl landed on '4' and the last dude landed on '1'.

Now suppose they roll their die 250 times each, and I told them only to count the number of '4's they got. The amount of '4's my synmates land range from 20-50, each.

The point I'm getting at is if I gave each of my 5 synmates "Crime City" dice, a few of them would still land Zero '4's, no matter how many times they rolled.

Xyranthios
05-01-2014, 09:06 PM
I understand what you are saying and it makes sense. It's just annoying when you see someone who hasn't even beaten it 100 times have that jacket. Although you can't deny all of the other rewards you amount buff your stats a lot anyways.

bravo 6 vk
05-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Same here, didn't get the Protection and the jeep, no matter how hard I tried, over 150 bosses also.

Gen74
05-02-2014, 12:04 AM
I have noticed a pattern in people who actually finished this event and collected all 3 epic drops. Everyone I have spoken with that completed, got all 3 epic loot drops with NO DUPLICATES. Everybody that failed to complete received multiple duplicates of different epic drops. In my case I got 3 Danielle's Protection and 2 Explosive Vintage. The thing I find odd is I got: 1.) Danielles Protection; 2.) Explosive Vintage; 3.) Danielles Protection; 4.) Explosive Vintage; and 5.) Danielles Protection - in this exact order. There is obviously a pattern. Even though the drops were "random" and had a probability rate, I do not believe that the coding was intended to have people receiving multiple duplicates before completing event. I have a theory that there was a glitch that some people experienced, including myself. It is odd that EVERYONE I have spoken with, when they received 3 epic drops they were always the ones they needed to progress and finish the event. They may have not came in any sort of order but they undoubtedly collected all 3 epics without acquiring any duplicates prior to finishing. And think back to the other parts of the events where you received the car and the gun, all my drops for those items came in synchronicity and I never received any duplicates of these items before completing that part of the event.

I believe there was an honest mistake made in programming and coding that may have made the program believe the person already received the item they were actually missing. This is the only assumption I can make, unless it was indeed intentional. Why did all the people who finished the epic drop part of the event get all 3 epics without receiving any duplicates.

I defeated Dan 200+ times, received 5 epic drops in a synchronized order, even though there was a random element involving the probability of an epic item dropping. I spent 500+ gold on this event and I am very pissed off to say the least and have sent some very vulgar messages to gree support. I have honestly come to the belief that this was an unintentional glitch in coding that affected certain people (there may even be a similarity between the accounts that did not complete, yet received multiple epic loot duplicates). I do not think Gree would have programmed an event you could dump tons of gold on and still not complete, this is a terrible idea and very easy way to lose a lot of buyers. If Gree did make an error in coding they will never expose it or make it public, but they may slide everyone some FREE GOLD for some unspecified reason (their apology and compensation to the players who got screwed maybe?). Players should instigate a massive boycott on buying gold for at least a month and if you can get even half of the top 100 syndicates to do this it would financially impact Gree. They may wait it out another month, make some tacky marketing scheme to give people some nice items to stop the boycott, but the players should be persistent in the boycott until Gree starts making some promises to cater to the players and not just their wallets.

KizbotBro
05-02-2014, 12:04 AM
This game is gambling. All the way it is gambling. Just because you lose $3000 at the table doesnt mean there is a problem with the cards. It just means you wasted more money than you wanted to.

I finished the event with one protection and several of the other 2. In fact I think if you read the other posts on this thread you will see no truth in that statement/conspiracy theory.

Finished the event in about 130 bosses.

Last 35 bosses spent trying to get protection.

Remember the chances of getting a particular rare item are pretty low. If you were to sit down and roll a dice with 200 sides on it and tell us how many times the number 1 comes up I have a feeling you could get equally frustrated. You guess it's once in 200 rolls but chance just doesn't work like that. It could be 5 times for one person and 0 times for another.

Outrage
05-02-2014, 02:28 AM
Yup......you got it right. Gambling!!!!

Spending real money (and time) at a game of chance. At least, for other gambling games you spend real money for a chance at winning real money. In CC, you spend real money for what? A chance of getting a virtual prize and some mods. Now, take that to the Bank!!!

Wake up.... the winner is..... (Drum roll)......GREE.

I have long decided not to spend money, time and effort on any CC "gambling" events. So, I complete lvl 100 boss and I stop...I needed one more item. I open case events with game cash only.... Got 7 hats.

J4CK D4N13L N0 7
05-02-2014, 03:20 AM
I have no issue with the gambling/chance side of the event and loot drop goals. I don't expect to finish the loot drop goals before finishing level 100, sure I would have been happy to and congrats to those that did, similarly after 120/130/140/150 bosses, I actually enjoy the variability of the event. My issue is not getting it after 208 bosses. Like it's been said the actual maths behind it should imply I can take no issue to not getting the prize, as every time I defeated a boss I still had a x% of getting the item, that doesn't change regardless of amount of bosses down. Like flipping a coin, its always 50/50, so you could technically flip it 100 times and get heads everytime, previous flips have no bearing on the next flip. BUT in reality that doesn't happen. Gree please respond to the original questions/points made so we know were we stand on future events like this.

Nick010
05-02-2014, 03:29 AM
What I really wonder is why Gree changed a perfectly fine event to this new setup? Everbody enjoined the daily goals for the syndicate and if your team is strong enough the finish of the extra wrapper prize at the end.

But now GREE decided to change the whole setup to the new luck system or better called the Gacha method. I personally did 202 lvl 100 bosses ( not counted the 76-100) and still no wrapper. You can simply say: Not lucky this time.

But GREE forgot in this case that people pay for the stats by completing ltq’s, sltq’s and other events to have ‘stronger’ stats. But with the new set up if you ain’t lucky a t25 or a t50 can gain those stats on you for free just by being lucky. Last ltq a 12% attack mod and now a 20% def mods ( mods people normally pay a lot for)

I hope GREE will take a good look on the current setup, cause with how it now is... I just cut on spending and wait for the moment im getting lucky.

rysherb78
05-02-2014, 04:30 AM
Can't remember the epic boss name, but one of them I farmed 800+ times on main (lvl 92) and 600+ on mini (lvl 48), and 100% w/out a doubt (after checking 50+ peeps inventory, ranging in strength) there was a certain drop rate according to how much damage done. Main was 1/3/6 on legend epic etc, and mini was 1/5/15 and I noticed that the stronger the persons stats were, the better rate of epic they got, some beasts were 1/2/4 on prizes, the boss with the girls best friend gun and dinner sentence epics. it was plain obvious that the more damage you done the better prizes you had.

And reading up, I too finished the event on about 125-130 bosses, no duplicates and just needing protection, mini failed no matter how many times I killed him.

Fredfreddy
05-02-2014, 05:22 AM
I think it's been said in a few different ways in this thread but this is just how probability works. There is a bell curve of distribution where only Gree knows the actual drop info. I personally think some folks give Gree too much credit in terms of skewing the drop rate based on level, previous gold spend, or any other factor. I think this, Uzi drops, box/case opens, and everything else have completely fixed rates, but people extrapolate their own findings based to their experience.

Anyway @OP, I think at the end of the day you're on the unfortunate end of the bell curve. On the lucky end of the bell curve, it's possible, albeit extraordinarily unlikely to get all 3 legendary's by L78 (though the odds are less than drop rate*drop rate*drop rate since you need 3 unique items). Then there are a whole bunch of people in the middle who got all 3 in the 160-180 boss kill range. Then the less lucky who didn't get it after 200+. In this event, let's say 10,000 people played and got at least to L100, mathematically, there must be one or two that got the 3-legendary prize by L85 or so, and one or two that went L200+, L250+ and didn't get it, you just happen to be the latter.

Anyway, I think you get all this, but your idea to cap the spend, though I hope it happens, seems to be what Gree is moving away from. The old EB basically had "fixed" main prizes, if you had an idea of how much the EB strength was, you knew exactly how much gold to spend. I'm pretty sure Gree sees that the "chance to win" trend is making them some nice coin. Actually I take it back, really what they're doing is supplementing the "fixed gold" prize (kill 100, since it's still there) with a "chance to win" prize. Same with LTQs, beating them is a fixed gold spend, random loot drops have been added on.

You do make a good point, however, there's no way to know if any given drop rate was broken for any particular platform or scenario. Though I claim above that I don't think Gree changes drop rates based on any factors, we all know that sadly, something visible breaks in this game about once per week. What we don't know is what things are broken that are not visible to us, such as a drop rates, and we'll never know that. Gree makes weird decisions about what to tell us about. The first (or maybe second ) RB, they claimed we had all gotten too many loot items and "did something" and everyone's stats went down. There was no reason to do that, no one knew it was broken, just fix it for the next event.

b-w
05-02-2014, 08:59 AM
It is suspicious, at the least, that the hardest weapon to get was the one you needed and that "one" varied from acct to acct. That leads me to believe that there is a possibility that the algorithm was taking into context your current collected prizes. That is hardly fair to me. It should be consistent across the board.

I beat right over 200 bosses to get the final prize. It took me 4 cash hits to beat each 100. Honestly i thought that the health was fair. The drop rate of prizes and lottery aspect was not. Bad idea, lets not do that again please. Bring back the syn part. We are active and we do well together.

Lets just do a coin toss from now on and save everyone the trouble.
Heads you win
Tails you lose

GucciMane
05-02-2014, 10:19 AM
It is suspicious, at the least, that the hardest weapon to get was the one you needed and that "one" varied from acct to acct. That leads me to believe that there is a possibility that the algorithm was taking into context your current collected prizes. That is hardly fair to me. It should be consistent across the board.

I beat right over 200 bosses to get the final prize. It took me 4 cash hits to beat each 100. Honestly i thought that the health was fair. The drop rate of prizes and lottery aspect was not. Bad idea, lets not do that again please. Bring back the syn part. We are active and we do well together.

Lets just do a coin toss from now on and save everyone the trouble.
Heads you win
Tails you lose

People ITT keep downplaying this point. There's enough evidence for this to be more than just a statistical aberration.

This serves as an explanation for why Ive mentioned some accounts face different drop rates than others. So then some guy completes the full event with only 130 bosses killed and he goes around telling the people who have killed over 200 "There's nothing wrong with the odds"

I had 6 of those explosives, and 3 jeeps. Was missing the protection. Many other people ITT were missing something else.

So B-W could be correct in that the algorithm considers the current prizes,
Or I could be correct in that the algorithm randomly divides users into groups facing different odds.

But something is going on here.

PawnXIIX
05-02-2014, 11:28 AM
Oh me, I love doing experiments with stuff like this. Getting a legendary from level 75 - 80 carries a value of 99/9999 (.99%) and getting one after level 95 - infinity carries an average of 849/9999 (8.49%). So I ran a simulation that would determine around the average of boss kills it would take to get all 3 legendaries. Many times I actually encountered the type of thing you guys are describing. Where I have a mass of one item and only 1 of the others. I can kind of explain this since random variables form a bell curve. Which ever item was made to fall closer to the center of the bell curve is picked more. It is slightly more common for a random value to fall between 66 - 99 rather than to fall between 33-66 or 0 - 33. There is a slight chance, but it does however make a slight difference, a noticeable difference.

Anyway, if you understand bell curves maybe that made sense. Over 30 trials (because I can't be asked to spend my day off any better) I average 151.2 boss kills to get the total of 3 items. This included such outliers such as 98, 97, 214, and I even had one go all the way to 268. There is no conspiracy. It's a low chance to even hit a legendary and even at that it's a small chance to somehow put a random variable from 0 - 1 between the number 0.0 and 0.033 for you guys to hit that last item.

These tables of items do not change based on your level. They are not bracketed. Every single person who has access to this event has the same drop chances. The only factor that ever changes is the damage needed to kill the boss.

lordsagacity
05-02-2014, 11:28 AM
Another guy who has figured it out.

Think of it this way. Suppose I gave each of 5 members of my syndicate a 6-sided, non-loaded die.

They each roll their respective dice once....

All of the numbers that show up are completely random. two guys landed on '3', one guy landed on '5', one girl landed on '4' and the last dude landed on '1'.

Now suppose they roll their die 250 times each, and I told them only to count the number of '4's they got. The amount of '4's my synmates land range from 20-50, each.

The point I'm getting at is if I gave each of my 5 synmates "Crime City" dice, a few of them would still land Zero '4's, no matter how many times they rolled.

I agree with what you said except that some of land zero '4's and others will have difficulty in landing other numbers. It's not that hard to code that way. There are 3 legendary items with the drop rate of 5%, 5% and 0.5%. The mapping from items to names (vintage/jeep/protection) varies with players. In this case, it still seems "random" as some need vintage and some miss jeep. Smart design, Gree!

GucciMane
05-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Oh me, I love doing experiments with stuff like this. Getting a legendary from level 75 - 80 carries a value of 99/9999 (.99%) and getting one after level 95 - infinity carries an average of 849/9999 (8.49%). So I ran a simulation that would determine around the average of boss kills it would take to get all 3 legendaries. Many times I actually encountered the type of thing you guys are describing. Where I have a mass of one item and only 1 of the others. I can kind of explain this since random variables form a bell curve. Which ever item was made to fall closer to the center of the bell curve is picked more. It is slightly more common for a random value to fall between 66 - 99 rather than to fall between 33-66 or 0 - 33. There is a slight chance, but it does however make a slight difference, a noticeable difference.

Anyway, if you understand bell curves maybe that made sense. Over 30 trials (because I can't be asked to spend my day off any better) I average 151.2 boss kills to get the total of 3 items. This included such outliers such as 98, 97, 214, and I even had one go all the way to 268. There is no conspiracy. It's a low chance to even hit a legendary and even at that it's a small chance to somehow put a random variable from 0 - 1 between the number 0.0 and 0.033 for you guys to hit that last item.

These tables of items do not change based on your level. They are not bracketed. Every single person who has access to this event has the same drop chances. The only factor that ever changes is the damage needed to kill the boss.

Where are you getting any of these legendary percentages from?

I agree with what you said except that some of land zero '4's and others will have difficulty in landing other numbers. It's not that hard to code that way. There are 3 legendary items with the drop rate of 5%, 5% and 0.5%. The mapping from items to names (vintage/jeep/protection) varies with players. In this case, it still seems "random" as some need vintage and some miss jeep. Smart design, Gree!

That's certainly a possibility, and very easy to code. I'm more liable to believe that is not the case, however. Or better put, some players face the reality you suggest. The EV of your rarest example, given the OP's case, my case, and many other players' where we defeated over 200 bosses would be 1. The amount of "variance" which players see in finishing this final prize is questionably high, given this high a "n". Especially because some players have gotten all 3 legendaries before finishing 100.

That brings me to the point that there's a couple "levels" of statistical anomaly which are possible which we can't reliably get at. It's why B-W's explanation is just as valid as my own. Another "level" I speak of, the absurdly low "p" value of this many players failing to get the 0.5% rarest item you speak of would most likely fail a test for 95% confidence.

Unless Pawn has some information that we do not have, or has somehow polled hundreds of players, its impossible to pinpoint which anomaly is the case. The most assured thing *I* can do is not spend on this event anymore and not kill over 300 bosses again.

b-w
05-02-2014, 11:59 AM
I need to see the code..i really wish i could see it..

I will figure it out though. I got 2 protection dogs in a row. How's the odds for that?

Nothing is random. Random, by nature, has a repetitive pattern, eventually.

I'm with you guccimane..

KarenWill
05-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Idk how many bosses I killed but I was at tier 3 ( L50-75 ) , Two cash hits to kill the boss and I leveled about 4 lvls, got 6 rares all are the same unit -.- 1/3

montecore
05-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Remember when collect 10s were really easy for a few cycles? Due to a typo, they made the percentage ".20" (20%) instead of the normal ".02" (2%).

As far as the normal 2% case events go, I have seen people in SAS finish collect 10s and spend 300-500 gold in the process. I have also seen people get to 9/10 and spend 3-4 vaults and not get it. And plenty of free players have been able to get 10/10 doing cash opens.

There are some logical fixes but I don't think Gree wants to do them. As was pointed out above, the odds are always 2%. If they made it so you were actually pulling a random ball out of a bucket of 50, and each time you pulled one the number in the bucket went down, to 49, 48, etc then the player would be guaranteed of ever improving odds and at the very least winning after doing 50/50.

It is safe to assume that Gree has a psychologist or two working for them, and these events are designed to frustrate and exhilarate. Whatever their rationale for making them so, they will never tell us.

Chance13
05-02-2014, 12:18 PM
I think it is just random. One of the members in my syndicate got all of the items and I know she did not best him more then 105 times.

PhantomNine
05-02-2014, 02:58 PM
I didn't get the top prize either! Level 250- 30 hits @ 312k and 4 refills. (3 vaults of gold)...trust me I did well over 200 bosses and all I got was 1 out of 3 legendarys. Upset at myself for believing I'd get it.

PawnXIIX
05-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Where are you getting any of these legendary percentages from?

I pulled these numbers straight from the most recent dataset.

ILikeTheAbuse
05-03-2014, 12:47 AM
lol @ people gambling real money for fake prizes. This gig that GREE has going is a lot like a carnival game. You pay $1 for a chance to guess the weight of this epic boss. Even if you win, the prize that you win is only worth 2 cents. And that's my two cents. Don't throw your money at GREE and then complain about what they give you. You know better (or you should, by now!)

mia201
05-03-2014, 01:25 AM
I did up to boss 99....and fell asleep.

100 boss is too much. can we have 50 boss back?

KCUF
05-03-2014, 11:43 AM
""[I]

I've seem more than enough evidence across multiple events the randomness in the drop varies by account, not by the item itself.

So some accounts will inherently have better odds at completing this event than others.

True. I have 2 accounts. 1 I use a lot of gold and the 2nd I don't use gold. The account with gold has more trouble getting items, because Gree knows you will buy gold to finish. So if you buy gold, events become harder and you buy more gold. It's in the code.