PDA

View Full Version : I am confused... What is the point of the game now?

evilbeef54
04-30-2014, 10:46 PM
For those of us who started playing before the events the goal was simple, get as strong as possible for your level so you could rob and attack everyone, build a good iph so you could buy more weapons

Then came the events, which were awesome breathed new life into the game, again the general goals stayed the same though, become as strong as possible especially for your level so you could smash people in pvp and war. Ltb and ltq are top build stats to help increase your stats:level ratio

Now we have the new rivals list that lumps people together by stats instead of level, overall the most hated change in the game. There was not as much of a reason to be strong any more, everyone on your rivals list is the same as you. There is no competition any more. This decreases the need to go after events like ltq, ltb, and even raid boss, since these events are designed to increase stats... which no longer matter in pvp

But wait!!!!

There is still war!!!

Ok fine we will continue to use gold and work hard to finish ltq, ltb, eb, rb, etc because if you are very strong you can attack higher levels to score more points in war....

Oh.... you took that away too

Now a level 70 gets 200-300 points for hitting a level 250... so let me get this straight... having a high stat:level ratio doesn't help in war now... and no matter how strong or weak I am I will always be paired with people with similar stats, and if you have a high iph you are now everyone's favorite target since stats can't protect you....

So why should we do ltq, ltb, eb, or rb since they are designed to increase stats which don't count.... and why should I level up since everyone should have figured out 3 years ago there is no brought to going over level 100, and why should I build an iph if it just makes me a target.... is there any goals left?

sister morphine
04-30-2014, 10:56 PM
You were doing well until the bit about level 70s "only" getting 200-300 ip for hitting a level 250. Try reversing those so a high level player doesn't get more than 200 for beating a low level.

OK, that's an improvement on the previous 80-130 approx, but not equality.

cynicalmofo
05-01-2014, 02:02 AM
You were doing well until the bit about level 70s "only" getting 200-300 ip for hitting a level 250. Try reversing those so a high level player doesn't get more than 200 for beating a low level.

OK, that's an improvement on the previous 80-130 approx, but not equality.

I think the war system as it was worked far better than it does now...

High level players that didn't waste their stat points on attack/defense in the old days have more energy and therefore should complete more SLTQ's / LTQ's so have more prizes.

Lower level campers don't get those prizes and therefore should have less powerful prizes.

What ultimately screwed this up was the Raid bosses making it far easier for low level players to get multiple Epic/Rare prizes by single hitting the bosses with a free attack whilst the high level players were requiring 5 cash attacks to defeat a level 60 boss.

Ultimately, I agree with the OP and the theme is very similar to http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?88050-Rivals-List

Silvio
05-01-2014, 02:56 AM
The new point of the game is tapping. Who can tap more wins. Extra points if the tapping is on the 'buy gold' button.

SomeIdiot
05-01-2014, 10:24 AM
The new rival's list logic ruined the game for me. Tweaks to other things mean waning interest. I still play because I like the teamwork but My play time per day and event is 10% what it used to be.I just hope the designers don't carryover these terrible changes to MW where I spend far more time.

scottmac112
05-01-2014, 10:58 AM
The new point of the game is tapping. Who can tap more wins. Extra points if the tapping is on the 'buy gold' button.

THIS. Especially with these new LTQs where you spend 7 energy per tap, twenty steps, fifteen times. It's just bogus.

sap_pete
05-01-2014, 11:04 AM
You used to be able to get almost through challenges without buying gold if you put the time in, maybe boost the last couple of levels. Now you can't get even close most of the times. And yeah, having to tap a hundred f'in times for one level is stupid.

aron
05-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Pay to play, all that's to say. You can use gold in events and still not be guaranteed a prize.

CoC is the new cc guys. This game is going down under

therealbengie
05-01-2014, 12:09 PM
its moving to Australia?

KCUF
05-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Just sell your hood (you don't need cash in this game), level up whenever you want and just play. This game is not a challenge or a strategic game anymore. Even people with 3 braincells are able to play now (welcome to all new members).
There is no goal in this game, so you cannot lose. Just enjoy the tapping.

Morgz
05-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Another very good thread -- agree it's very much like discussion in the link cynicalmofo posted. I think the more potential solutions that are posted, the better. The problems are seeming more and more apparent. Solutions are what is needed

Notorious94
05-01-2014, 01:05 PM
You missed the crucial part where gree has put attack mods on almost EVERYTHING for the past few months

Thus meaning people's stats are like;
100 mil attack 60 mil def
400 mil attack 180mil def
25mil attack 16mil def
8mil attack 5mil def.
What does this mean? That you always have a target in wars, not like it used to be where if you face syndicates with weak stats they couldn't touch you.

1Shot
05-01-2014, 02:37 PM
One day it will change.