PDA

View Full Version : Gree negligence

fofito30
04-30-2014, 12:10 PM
I been a player for 2 years now and over that period of time there been scandals back and forth regarding hacking, glitch exploits, Gree`s lack of management and control over the game, failure to ban/punish perpetrators of acts and actions in violation of the Term of Service (ToS), just to name a few.
I don’t care if you are SUP/FERR/TKO/OSW/whatever faction or alliance, if you play your game without violating the ToS then you should be good. Another story is if you play the game with the intention to deceive and defraud, in other words cheating.
Over this period of time there been several accusations posted on different threads regarding alleged hacking scandals; such as the energy hack as one example and most recently the LE Sets glitch. I choose not to refer to the LE sets glitch exploitation as alleged because it’s been admitted by several whom committed said exploit. In law as in life where there is a confession there is no requirement for further proof or evidence, hence, those players that have openly admitted exploiting the glitch need no further proof of their activities.
The ToS under Section 2. regarding License Grant and Restrictions clearly states that all players agree not to “exploit the Service or any portion of the Service” in clear reference that no player can exploit any glitch that may happen during use of the application (i.e. playing the game). Furthermore, under Section 8 regarding Restrictions and Rules, all players are obligated not to “interfere with, disrupt or circumvent any feature of the Service”, also never should a player “defraud Funzio –now Gree-“; and, finally said players, should never “use or distribute cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third party software designed to modify any user’s experience with the Service”.
As a player that can track back every single penny of the several thousand I have paid to play this game I feel my rights been harm by the fact that a group of players have used cheat, deceit and fraud in receiving units that do not belong to them in open violation to the ToS.
That to some of you readers this is a game, maybe so, but it’s a game that cost several thousands of dollars or euro’s or whatever currency you pay to buy gold or in game cash, and most of us have played by the rules and enough is enough.
I believe it is now time for Gree to step up and give an open, clear and unequivocal position regarding not only this latest scandal, but to all scandals that been pointed out through all threads. Should said remedy be by removing the units obtained by deceit/exploitation of the glitch and/or banning the players is up to Gree, but rest assure your players - the ones that pay real cash to play- expect you to protect us from said harm.
Would hate to think that Gree is neglecting to protect its Users from other users’ actions.

HGF69
04-30-2014, 12:12 PM
Best complain to Apple or Google and get tens of thousands $$ back

The_
04-30-2014, 12:32 PM
There are no rules restricting the act of recycling LE sets, and if there were, GREE would have made a statement about it or change the codes overall to prevent such transactions. You are required to dispense gold when purchasing an LE set, therefore it is not an exploit as GREE receives the payment for their item. Granted, this is a smart strategy that may seem like a manipulation, but ultimately both parties (player and GREE) are mutualistically benefiting. The only difference is that there are heavy, moderate, light gold spenders and free players. Certain groups will benefit more than others, but that is understandable since the more gold you spend the greater advantage you'll gain.

If you consider this an exploit of a "glitch" then everyone who spends gold would be a cheater as they are gaining an advantage over free players. I also want to clarify that glitches and hack constitute an exploitation of the client or coding alteration via an external program. However, neither of those cases outline the practice mentioned above. Summarized, either spend more gold and play with the big boys or quit whining without any legitimate facts on the table.

Thief
04-30-2014, 12:40 PM
@The_

I certainly don't think its a hack...its an exploit (as you call it) and exploiting the game is against the design is against the ToS.

Similar situations in the past have been deemed a glitch and have had actions taken against those acounts.

lemonhaze
04-30-2014, 12:44 PM
the airplane mode glitch that was active a while back was horrible..there are countless ppl in my rivals that the whole top 45 is ltq units...now im sure some of those are legit but alot are not..the only thing that im happy about now is when gree changed the cash and valor all those guys that use to be ahead of me bc of that glitch from doing ever ltq they was are now alot weaker then i am..there are so many weak lvl 300s that i could attack last wd that it was comical...its been a double end swoard i suppose..they cheated to get the stats back when ltqs was the big thing but had they not did those and lvled up like crazy then i wouldnt have the huge amt of targets that i had last wd but that still leads us to the fact that they exploited a glitch..so they should be banned for it,it seems very strange that gree cant write a simple script and see who paid to do the ltqs and who used the energy glitch..sometimes i think gree just didnt care bc it keeps legits players chaseing the carrot..now we seen others that have the dragon CDR valor unit and no where near being that rank and yet once again gree turns a blind eye..im now a very light gold player and soon to be free so none these issue will affect me finacially but its sad to see the game we all love being ran into the dirt by cheats and gree themselves

Speed ump
04-30-2014, 12:57 PM
absolutely correct foo. the_, there is a flaw in your thinking. they paid 65 gold for the that unit, and received that unit. they then freely and knowingly used the unit in FA, remember all the are you sure questions youre asked before you can deploy the units. the glitch was getting the bonus unit without the purchase of the full set. maybe gree should let hem purchse the other units to complete the correct number of sets for the bonus units.gree has already gone on record stating that this was a glitch, and would be fixed before next FA. there is no arguing the point of whether or not its a glitch, those of ou who used it would obviously want to see it that way. the act committed is cut and dry. if no action were taken in response, then gree will have set a precedent that any glitch may be freely used by all, and the tos should be modified to reflect this. it would not change the conditions that existed at the time the actions occurred. it does not change the results. honest people that were aware of it, chose not to abuse it, and by consequence players who spent very little , by comparison, have equal stats of those who spent much more. this is grounds for as apple to refund, in addition to much more severe action.

The_
04-30-2014, 01:07 PM
@The_

I certainly don't think its a hack...its an exploit (as you call it) and exploiting the game is against the design is against the ToS.

Similar situations in the past have been deemed a glitch and have had actions taken against those acounts.

You may have misunderstood the point I made above regarding the practice of LE sets recycling. I do not consider this act to be an exploitation of the game since it neither falls under the category of a glitch (client bugging/airplane signal) nor a hack (using programs to alter codes). I will elaborate further, however, because this issue treads the confusing line of an exploitation. Note that everyone has the opportunity to purchase LE sets and strategically recycle them for the rare item during a Full Assault event; thus it is a universal opportunity, not exclusive to anyone. Interestingly enough, imagine if someone had bought 100 LE sets @ full price for the rare items but chose to relinquish their weaker items (unlikely but still possible), how could anyone actually prove that this individual had recycled the sets for the sole purpose of getting the rare item?

Allday
04-30-2014, 01:10 PM
I been a player for 2 years now and over that period of time there been scandals back and forth regarding hacking, glitch exploits, Gree`s lack of management and control over the game, failure to ban/punish perpetrators of acts and actions in violation of the Term of Service (ToS), just to name a few.
I don’t care if you are SUP/FERR/TKO/OSW/whatever faction or alliance, if you play your game without violating the ToS then you should be good. Another story is if you play the game with the intention to deceive and defraud, in other words cheating.
Over this period of time there been several accusations posted on different threads regarding alleged hacking scandals; such as the energy hack as one example and most recently the LE Sets glitch. I choose not to refer to the LE sets glitch exploitation as alleged because it’s been admitted by several whom committed said exploit. In law as in life where there is a confession there is no requirement for further proof or evidence, hence, those players that have openly admitted exploiting the glitch need no further proof of their activities.
The ToS under Section 2. regarding License Grant and Restrictions clearly states that all players agree not to “exploit the Service or any portion of the Service” in clear reference that no player can exploit any glitch that may happen during use of the application (i.e. playing the game). Furthermore, under Section 8 regarding Restrictions and Rules, all players are obligated not to “interfere with, disrupt or circumvent any feature of the Service”, also never should a player “defraud Funzio –now Gree-“; and, finally said players, should never “use or distribute cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third party software designed to modify any user’s experience with the Service”.
As a player that can track back every single penny of the several thousand I have paid to play this game I feel my rights been harm by the fact that a group of players have used cheat, deceit and fraud in receiving units that do not belong to them in open violation to the ToS.
That to some of you readers this is a game, maybe so, but it’s a game that cost several thousands of dollars or euro’s or whatever currency you pay to buy gold or in game cash, and most of us have played by the rules and enough is enough.
I believe it is now time for Gree to step up and give an open, clear and unequivocal position regarding not only this latest scandal, but to all scandals that been pointed out through all threads. Should said remedy be by removing the units obtained by deceit/exploitation of the glitch and/or banning the players is up to Gree, but rest assure your players - the ones that pay real cash to play- expect you to protect us from said harm.
Would hate to think that Gree is neglecting to protect its Users from other users’ actions.

I 100% agree with you Foo

The_
04-30-2014, 01:15 PM
absolutely correct foo. the_, there is a flaw in your thinking. they paid 65 gold for the that unit, and received that unit. they then freely and knowingly used the unit in FA, remember all the are you sure questions youre asked before you can deploy the units. the glitch was getting the bonus unit without the purchase of the full set. maybe gree should let hem purchse the other units to complete the correct number of sets for the bonus units.gree has already gone on record stating that this was a glitch, and would be fixed before next FA. there is no arguing the point of whether or not its a glitch, those of ou who used it would obviously want to see it that way. the act committed is cut and dry. if no action were taken in response, then gree will have set a precedent that any glitch may be freely used by all, and the tos should be modified to reflect this. it would not change the conditions that existed at the time the actions occurred. it does not change the results. honest people that were aware of it, chose not to abuse it, and by consequence players who spent very little , by comparison, have equal stats of those who spent much more. this is grounds for as apple to refund, in addition to much more severe action.

First, we have no indication that this is against their TOS, since this practice has been extended for months. GREE still gets their gold payment for the set items. Additionally, there is no rule suggesting that you have to purchase the FULL LE SETS for the rare item. Everyone has the option to purchase the items individually.

Second, you are under the assumption that these individuals had not purchase the LE sets at full price. They could have simply sacrificed their weaker items, and there is no possible way to prove it. Therefore, your original point of argument is critically flawed.

Finally, if you had actually read my first post above, you would realize how pointless this thread is. Competition is present at all the different tiers (top 3,10,25, etc) which correlates with a variation in spending practice. More than likely if you're a top 100, you won't be able to compete against a top 10 regardless of LE sets recycling. So why complain? If you had the gold, you could be doing the same thing. #DramaQueen

The_
04-30-2014, 01:18 PM
the airplane mode glitch that was active a while back was horrible..there are countless ppl in my rivals that the whole top 45 is ltq units...now im sure some of those are legit but alot are not..the only thing that im happy about now is when gree changed the cash and valor all those guys that use to be ahead of me bc of that glitch from doing ever ltq they was are now alot weaker then i am..there are so many weak lvl 300s that i could attack last wd that it was comical...its been a double end swoard i suppose..they cheated to get the stats back when ltqs was the big thing but had they not did those and lvled up like crazy then i wouldnt have the huge amt of targets that i had last wd but that still leads us to the fact that they exploited a glitch..so they should be banned for it,it seems very strange that gree cant write a simple script and see who paid to do the ltqs and who used the energy glitch..sometimes i think gree just didnt care bc it keeps legits players chaseing the carrot..now we seen others that have the dragon CDR valor unit and no where near being that rank and yet once again gree turns a blind eye..im now a very light gold player and soon to be free so none these issue will affect me finacially but its sad to see the game we all love being ran into the dirt by cheats and gree themselves

Jesus Christ... this topic is about LE sets and not the airplane gitch. The former is not an exploit, the latter is a client-side signal manipulation. It's like comparing apples with oranges.

Thief
04-30-2014, 01:22 PM
You may have misunderstood the point I made above regarding the practice of LE sets recycling. I do not consider this act to be an exploitation of the game since it neither falls under the category of a glitch (client bugging/airplane signal) nor a hack (using programs to alter codes). I will elaborate further, however, because this issue treads the confusing line of an exploitation. Note that everyone has the opportunity to purchase LE sets and strategically recycle them for the rare item during a Full Assault event; thus it is a universal opportunity, not exclusive to anyone. Interestingly enough, imagine if someone had bought 100 LE sets @ full price for the rare items but chose to relinquish their weaker items (unlikely but still possible), how could anyone actually prove that this individual had recycled the sets for the sole purpose of getting the rare item?

If gree decides to leave that ability in the code to sacrafice LE units during FA then i agree. Everyone has the right. They should verbally let everyone know of this ability in game with a splash screen and i will say there has been no exploitation.

If they remove this ability though then they are admitting it wasn't by the design of the game which shows that people were exploiting it.

Only time will tell which direction they will head (as they haven't publicly stated one way or another but at least we know that they are aware of it)

Second, you are under the assumption that these individuals had not purchase the LE sets at full price. They could have simply sacrificed their weaker items, and there is no possible way to prove it. Therefore, your original point of argument is critically flawed.

Also i'm not under this assumption...i know for a fact that it happened as ive been around long enough to know plenty of the community and have had plenty of players report the "glitch" to me.

Ryans67
04-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Go to the unit purchase screen and click on one of the LE items. You will see a very clear description regarding how to obtain the bonus unit.

As to how you can determine if the full set was purchased....um... Gree can see everything you have spent gold on. EVERYTHING.

Not sure where you learned your correlation theories, but they are absolutely flawed. The issue is when players are able to gain the stat increase for 2-5% of the cost of those who played by the rules/TOS. Whether you are top 10, or top 500, you should feel cheated that someone was able to gain equal stats at such a drastic discount by exploiting a glitch within the game.

Web323
04-30-2014, 01:25 PM
First, we have no indication that this is against their TOS, since this practice has been extended for months. GREE still gets their gold payment for the set items. Additionally, there is no rule suggesting that you have to purchase the FULL LE SETS for the rare item. Everyone has the option to purchase the items individually.

Finally, if you had actually read my first post above, you would realize how pointless this thread is. Competition is present at all the different tiers (top 3,10,25, etc) which correlates with a variation in spending practice. More than likely if you're a top 100, you won't be able to compete against a top 10 regardless of LE sets recycling. So why complain? If you had the gold, you could be doing the same thing. #DramaQueen

You have to purchase the entire set in order to receive the Bonus unit; it is in the description of the purchase. By deploying only the weakest one and repurchasing it @ 65 gold this exploited a glitch and allowed players to get the bonus items again.

The_
04-30-2014, 01:28 PM
It's like debating with a bunch of pseudointellectuals who are addicted to this game. Learn to distinguish a glitch, hack, and in-game strategy. Everyone has the ability to do the same thing. I waive the white flag on this topic.

Sumiala
04-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Jesus Christ... this topic is about LE sets and not the airplane gitch. The former is not an exploit, the latter is a client-side signal manipulation. It's like comparing apples with oranges.

Recently I said in another thread "The end is nigh.".
Did I mean the end of MW, or did I mean the second coming?
Maybe The_ knows...

Maverick0073
04-30-2014, 01:38 PM
The_* you need to be the first person investigated and banned , sounds like you used both exploits and are trying to justify it. If it was allowed then we all need to benefit , this is not an Easter egg hunt game where I need to spend all my time trying to glitch the game to gain an advantage. You have used a mistake made by gree to profit and gain an advantage. I would not go as far as ban these people ,but to remove all le sets , let them lose the gold they spent as punishment , any further transgressions result in a ban.

Speed ump
04-30-2014, 01:38 PM
The-, you have all sorts of alternative names for anamolies. They are each a form of a glitch. Gree has said the LE sets were a glitch, no doubt about it. As such, it is against their tos. This is not an argument whether or not it's a glitch, so you have missed that part of the discussion. The final authority, gree has said it is, period. As such using it hundreds of times is a clear violation of the tos. The only ones that would deny something g so cut and dry, are the ones who would be affected by the consequences of any resulting penalties, or someone who has or would use such a glitch themselves, and sympathize with the ones that have. If it's fine with you to have other players competing against you for a small fraction of what you spent, then I could see that you'd have nothing to say. Since I seriously doubt anyone who spends real money would find that acceptable, then Foos points are completely valid, and right on the point. I have found you tend to lose your rights if you don't stand up for them. I don't intend to give mine up. Neither do a lot of players I know, so this subject is not going to quietly dissapear. I'd say the volume is only set to low at the moment.

dledour
04-30-2014, 01:41 PM
You have to purchase the entire set in order to receive the Bonus unit; it is in the description of the purchase. By deploying only the weakest one and repurchasing it @ 65 gold this exploited a glitch and allowed players to get the bonus items again.

So tell me this..... How would anyone know that you had to deploy the lowest gold unit in order to buy it back and get a bonus unit, without buying the other 3 units?

And don't tell me people throw out recently purchased gold units that are both lower in stats and indestructible over a higher stat cash unit like a Growler....

Somebody at Gree has a lot of explaining to do.

What?
04-30-2014, 02:18 PM
What about someone using the energy glitch to pre-stage all the targets and then using gold to finish off the last hit? By that rationale they used gold and spent money so it should be forgiven because they spent their own money, right? The problem is they spent a lot less than they would have to get the prize. The same thing happened with the LE units. Instead of buying complete sets they knowingly and deceitfully exploited the system to gain an unfair advantage. Sure these players spent money, but what about the people who spent gold to buy complete sets and got only a few wrapper prizes for the same amount of gold that some players used to get 100 wrappers? Gree should determine how much gold these payers spent and divide that by the amount it would have cost for the full sets and award wrappers accordingly. Frankly I'm tired of all the scandals. I'm tired of being attacked by players that obviously used the energy glitch to win all the LTQ units. This energy glitch has been going on for over a year now and gree has done nothing. The most ridiculous thing is players who were so obviously using the energy glitch to race to lvl 250 and 300 were awarded prizes for their cheating instead of being dealt with. Gree only investigates on a case to case basis if they get a ticket, they don't take the time to investigate unless there is a complaint. They also created a system that there are so many high level prizes and units that it is almost impossible to determine where and when these units came from. Some people who cheat do it smart and only use it for a few units rather than 100s that would bring attention. When new maps came out a while ago and the loot was also good some players had 100s of boss loot that would have taken 100 years to obtain, these accounts were painfully obvious that they used unlimited energy to get these units. Gree was able to deal with these accounts, but today these exploits are hidden and mixed in with other massive units that were awarded through fair play and are harder to spot, making discovery almost futile.

FromAfar
04-30-2014, 02:22 PM
gree doesn't give a lick about the integrity of their game. AS LONG AS GOLD ROLLS IN. that is a fact, and can be proven easily with a little casual observation. when people can take screenshots of certain units, which should never be greater then 1, it is obvious that something happened.

ignoring the issue of banning or whatever, and hacker, glitcher, or innocent victim, whatever, SERVER SIDE AUDITING could easily correct the problem.

gree doesn't give a hang!!!! if they did, a simple set of queries and report would let them correct the issues of the units. just that one thing would be a start.

it is simple!!! and they are not interested in policing things.

worse, when mods come here and say things that are just outrageously insulting... put a ticket in! MOD! tell your company to do their job!!!!!

police your product! if you audit the units, even if you don't ban people for offenses, that is the first step in the right direction.