PDA

View Full Version : Unit dynamics/unit mix

borov
04-29-2014, 02:14 PM
I have a game dynamics question maybe some of the more advanced players can help put with. Is it better to load up on one type of unit or to have a strong unit mix? Are there units that are strong against other unit types and if so is there a definition of "strong" and what it equates to number-wise? Do they hard counter or is it a percentage boost? Any other questions I am missing?

Thief
04-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Generally a Mixture is always a good Option. You have FA event that certain units have bonuses when you sacrafice plus your bonuses (+10% air attack) can go up higher in one category later on.

I also like to believe that casualty rates are help spread out when you have less of one particular unit

Finally as for strong against there use to be units with this attribute but i don't think any of the current units have this anymore so i wouldn't worry about it.

Diversify your army but at the same time focus on your strenghts (ie if you have more air attack then focus on air units...just don't make your whole army air)

borov
04-29-2014, 02:38 PM
So can I throw in there the factors of valor vs cash units? Is it a good idea to stack one type of valor troops and round out with cash units? What scenrios get thrown out there when mixing in those two factors?

bam bam.
04-29-2014, 04:55 PM
As for best units do your maths on the following. Factor in ur personal boosts including nation bonus.

Spread sheet on unit value.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tprNs8BGAmpJAXLhLiqs6ag/htmlview#

A mixture of units is not necessary and it looks like the "strong against" units are a thing of the past. As for full assault, skip it entirely...it sucks (if u r to do that terrible event buy 50x 'ops' drones or 50 of each unit that u can afford easily in each category n waste them-this is not a hard n fast rule, I'm jus not keen on sacrificing current stats.). If u have +20% atk inf and +50% grd atk n u r lookin to increase ur atk go for ground units.

Casualty rates: makes no difference as to unit types... All units in ur top 3000 who r not 'indestructible' r at risk of being killed. Units outside ur top 3000 dont die as they aint in the fight. They r chilling at home with the wife n the kids.

AlexFoo
04-29-2014, 05:00 PM
its all in your approach. I read from others on here (from SUP no less) an idea/strategy that makes sense too..

if you are not a GIANT gold player, you need to pick and choose your events that you push through to finish.. so find the genre you have the most bonuses in, and focus on growing those bonuses (ie do events with THOSE as rewards), and focus your cash and valor purchases to that one.

Just another way to look at it :)

Bamaboy54
04-29-2014, 07:15 PM
Generally a Mixture is always a good Option. You have FA event that certain units have bonuses when you sacrafice plus your bonuses (+10% air attack) can go up higher in one category later on.

I also like to believe that casualty rates are help spread out when you have less of one particular unit

Finally as for strong against there use to be units with this attribute but i don't think any of the current units have this anymore so i wouldn't worry about it.

Diversify your army but at the same time focus on your strenghts (ie if you have more air attack then focus on air units...just don't make your whole army air)

Yet another solid, useful and informative post by Thief! +1111
This thread and responses thus far is what the forum should be about.