PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of what it took to get Watchdog Theone Wrapper prize?

thundarr
04-29-2014, 05:43 AM
For me this was one of the most aggravating, frustration events (and there have been many) ever. I was missing the M640 Road King and it took me 39 tries to get it. After going 0/35 I left my faction (temporarily) and joined another and got it after 4 tries. I have spoken with others that took 100 tries or more. I had to waste an entire day begging my faction officers to keep bringing up level 60 bosses (and 55 too) to get this stupid prize. I was seriously thinking of quitting altogether but one of my awesome faction mates helped me out by sending me to another faction to finish it. If it wasn't for him you would be reading my retirement notice now. What do you think of this event and what it took to get it (if you did)?

iamnasty
04-29-2014, 05:53 AM
The choice is yours!!!....moo��

iamgremlin
04-29-2014, 05:55 AM
The bad thing about this wrapper prize is it did not promote team work

Mcdoc
04-29-2014, 05:55 AM
Very frustrating - but I saw a lot of people opening up for jumpers to come help take down bosses for a chance at getting those last few pesky prizes IN ADDITION to a lot of players who had already scored the Wrapper prize jumping to help other factions complete the 27/27 goal.

I even saw folks buying folders just to help others make the individual goal.

So as much as I was frustrated chasing down that last unit for the last 36 hours and hopping around between about a dozen factions - I was MOST proud of how this event brought out the teamwork and introduced me to players and factions I might not have ever had the chance to meet.

btw - MAREBEAR is my Hero for helping SO many people try to complete this event! Big Hugs / much love for Mare :)

Wow - completely opposite of what I saw and experienced. You're hanging out with the wrong people there Gremlin :/

MaverickINsc
04-29-2014, 05:56 AM
can definitely stress the leaders deciding who gets the bosses summoned they need as the folders dwindle and desperation sets in for members missing low level loot........folders will be hoarded and not shared with smaller factions now....I loved the unit......but kinda hope they leave it out next time.....and mcdoc is right......marebear helped all over the place........thanks marebear!!!!

iamnasty
04-29-2014, 06:34 AM
Very frustrating - but I saw a lot of people opening up for jumpers to come help take down bosses for a chance at getting those last few pesky prizes IN ADDITION to a lot of players who had already scored the Wrapper prize jumping to help other factions complete the 27/27 goal.

So as much as I was frustrated chasing down that last unit for the last 36 hours and hopping around between about a dozen factions - I was MOST proud of how this event brought out the teamwork and introduced me to players and factions I might not have ever had the chance to meet.

btw - MAREBEAR is my Hero for helping SO many people try to complete this event! Big Hugs / much love for Mare :)

Wow - completely opposite of what I saw and experienced. You're hanging out with the wrong people there Gremlin :/

Never too late, there are players been going around and help out before this wrapper event for quite some time and some did not complete the individual event....moo��

AlexFoo
04-29-2014, 06:42 AM
I know we helped out over 10 factions complete the normal and/or prestige, while ensuring all of our members got the wrapper prize. I thought it was a pretty smart wrinkle to an event that had gotten boring, and given stat inflation the farming had been made pretty obsolete for those factions that could be in a position to farm for 4 days.

Don't get me wrong, I got plenty of units I can slaughter in FA... but didn't have the motivation to ensure I hit EVERY boss.

Gen CheeBye
04-29-2014, 06:55 AM
I almost gave up cos I was missing Westland Lynx for more than 36hrs. My team mates kept encouraging me to keep trying.

Everyone chipped in to ensure no one was left out cold. In the end every team member managed to complete the event. This event brought out the best of our faction and strong camaraderie.

It was chaotic in the beginning but we managed to iron things out. Salute to Illuminati.

TheDanimal
04-29-2014, 07:01 AM
Hmmmm interesting. Difficulty was across the board. I took the crate event strategy and hammered bosses continuously at the beginning of the event... Spent less than 300 gold & got it within the first few hours of the event.

Rolinz
04-29-2014, 08:02 AM

I agree 100% on this point. It distracted some members, even myself, from working on the Faction Goal first.

With that being said, it did show us who was willing to wait and who was being selfish or bossy.

And also showed who was willing to help others in getting those missing units.

Last time, we had over 11k folders left after completing the faction's goal, but this time, we only had 4k folders.

We just did not expect we need more folders to begin with.

AlexFoo
04-29-2014, 08:15 AM
I agree 100% on this point. It distracted some members, even myself, from working on the Faction Goal first.

With that being said, it did show us who was willing to wait and who was being selfish or bossy.

And also showed who was willing to help others in getting those missing units.

Last time, we had over 11k folders left after completing the faction's goal, but this time, we only had 4k folders.

We just did not expect we need more folders to begin with.

this will sound bad.. but this says your faction doesn't communicate well, or wasn't organized.

NO ONE got to work on the individual goal until the faction goal was done. once completed we started getting members done. Many at that point went to sister factions, places they had mini's, or were patient and waited to get the units they needed.

I think 95% of our faction all got the wrapper... but we worked DAMN hard to ensure it.

buckshot
04-29-2014, 08:24 AM
For me this was one of the most aggravating, frustration events (and there have been many) ever. I was missing the M640 Road King and it took me 39 tries to get it. After going 0/35 I left my faction (temporarily) and joined another and got it after 4 tries. I have spoken with others that took 100 tries or more. I had to waste an entire day begging my faction officers to keep bringing up level 60 bosses (and 55 too) to get this stupid prize. I was seriously thinking of quitting altogether but one of my awesome faction mates helped me out by sending me to another faction to finish it. If it wasn't for him you would be reading my retirement notice now. What do you think of this event and what it took to get it (if you did)?

Wow, someone actually crying over getting the wrapper prize FOR FREE because you had to work for it? I've seen it all in this game now...

Mcm2013
04-29-2014, 08:24 AM
i agree i run 2 factions and way too many rogue hits for people trying to help themselves not understanding without rogue hits more would be able to finish. i say leave it off a faction raid boss and have it start immediately after as an individual event if anything.

AlexFoo
04-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Wow, someone actually crying over getting the wrapper prize FOR FREE because you had to work for it? I've seen it all in this game now...

exactly. doesn't matter what they do... folks here ***** and moan. lol I thought it was a good event, and it made us work hard as a team.

rajendran
04-29-2014, 08:55 AM

Actually last day of the Event with 10 hours to go, i was missing almost 6 units then i started to hunt for it, within another 8tries i got 5 units only m 640 road king missing, same time zero folders in the faction, only six hrs left, i.informed my faction about my situation, then my team started hunt for folders which came pouring down to the faction bank, finally after five tries with 55 bosses , i got it, thanks team for ur help to achieve it

AlexFoo
04-29-2014, 09:02 AM
Actually last day of the Event with 10 hours to go, i was missing almost 6 units then i started to hunt for it, within another 8tries i got 5 units only m 640 road king missing, same time zero folders in the faction, only six hrs left, i.informed my faction about my situation, then my team started hunt for folders which came pouring down to the faction bank, finally after five tries with 55 bosses , i got it, thanks team for ur help to achieve it this is exactly what a tight knit faction should have done. congrats on the unit.

Cobra Kai
04-29-2014, 11:00 AM
It took strategy and knowledge of percentage with limited folders to ensure members with best chance to get unit had first shot while sending others out to help other factions complete. Out of 56 members we had 32 get the individual units. 12 were siting on just one target.

Very frustrating for some but not due to faction actions but probabilities of the one unit they needed out of the possible outcomes from defeating a boss.

It was a good wrinkle in that most legendary units don't make my army so having a wrapper prize really was a great benefit. Hopefully they keep it for next raid boss with an increasingly tempting wrapper reward.

Cobra Kai
04-29-2014, 11:02 AM
i agree i run 2 factions and way too many rogue hits for people trying to help themselves not understanding without rogue hits more would be able to finish. i say leave it off a faction raid boss and have it start immediately after as an individual event if anything.

I solved that problem quickly. Anyone hitting rogue outside their allotted boss call up was removed from the faction. That got their attention quickly. After a couple mess ups the rest all got the message and it went smoothe after that.

xxxfff
04-29-2014, 11:19 AM
I agree with a lot of the team sentiments above... this was an interesting test of group work and individual effort (knowing what you need, etc).

Groups that are high functioning/communicating adjusted well, figured it out, and got the wrap for most members (it seems).

Yes, the randomness of units got frustrating at some points but overall a very good game twist.

goldacre84
04-29-2014, 11:45 AM
I enjoyed it. The 'hunt' for missing items went down to the last minutes. I enjoyed working with British Army & Strength and Honor. We had members here there and everywhere, and most finished, only those who didn't jump about from my minis T500 faction didn't finish it. Made some good contacts, so well played everyone. Big shout to Kermit and Gigs. Top leaders.

marko101
04-29-2014, 11:47 AM
Well I was missing one legendary plus one of level 60 boss. So went to help a low ranking faction get through the 95 and 100 bosses. Even got some mates to help speed it up. Got the unit on 7/10 last quest and then went to town farming level 60s(2-3 refills). So on one side it didn't promote team work in other ways it was about helping others to help yourself! The group I help went on too finish with an hour to spare!

Mr llama
04-29-2014, 11:53 AM
Was a good event got all on main without having to farm. Got my mini up to 15, the faction leader and a couple others were trying to convince me to go for it, even had the folder for me. But in the end I didn't have the time to play.
Good things happen when you play with a bunch of amazing people

GE Gregamus
04-29-2014, 11:56 AM
Seemed pretty easy if you were active enough during the event, also gives a large value to folders.
Again though, another way to make us go up in levels by getting exp from farming for folders. Our team leaders spread out the unit farming through ou the event. We ended up with about 300 folders and if anyone had not gotten unit by the end of that....SOL. Think they need to up the level req's though. How many people does it take to kill a level 5,10,15,20... So that gets annoying.

Pidgeot
04-29-2014, 01:30 PM
The wrapper was the best thing ever for this event. its not out of reach for all players who are active in boss 60 through 100. Serious players who are involved in the faction goals and just hit for minimum damage, they should have no issue getting each price. I had no rares or commons because I started at 60. It also shows what factions have order and can work together. I believe everyone in the faction I'm with got the unit because we made sure everyone got their units by making a "hit" when list.

RealLoads
04-29-2014, 01:42 PM
I think the wrapper prize was great. Yes it took a little to get it but, it was possible without gold which mean free players (me) could get it. Also it was better than the 27/27 prize and was easier to obtain. I think it was a great addition to raid boss!!

mugsyny
04-29-2014, 01:54 PM

My points scored for my faction was over 2 billion and still couldn't get all 17. I came in 4th place. I was very disappointed. mugsy 373795171.

RealLoads
04-29-2014, 01:56 PM
LOL it wasn't 17... GREE can't count if you looked at the loot items there was actually 18! The solo goal did say 17 but they never fixed it

yupyup
04-29-2014, 02:01 PM

i disagree, our faction finished RB first then we went farming folders 24/7 and set a rotation system to summon bosses and qa only to get max reward.

Many people in our faction finished this event due awesome teamwork,