PDA

View Full Version : why syn should NOT be locked for events

hooker gal
04-28-2014, 09:51 PM
Dear Gree,

I do believe you are neglecting to see the bigger picture here and so while I have little hope that my words will have any effect on your decision I will paint this picture for you. I ask that you remove yourself from your sky rise office and place yourself in the mentality of the gree gamer.

Lets start with the basics:

1) You have removed the ability to boot a player that is less active than required by the syn. Therefore that same guy that freeloads during war is now able to freeload for events.

2) You have severly limited recruiting. With back to back events we now need to reference the event calendar before allowng someone to join.

The heart of the matter:
Please pardon my assumptios but one can only assume that the lock down is triggered by a desire to improve sales. Therefore the following will be based on that assumption.

1) The use of energy only accounts: This is praticed as an effort to preserve stat per level ratio. However sltq is not possible to complete (for the majority of syn) without the use of gold. Therefore regardless of the account chosen to actually take on the xp gold is still used. Spreading the gold between mutiple accounts makes obtaining the requirements of the gold bonus program less obtainable (by the majority of players).

2) The pratice of jumping syndicates: While this may dip slightly into your profits for sltq it does not for Raid A Boss (RB). The syn that utilize jumpers during sltq are the ones that are not willing to buy the gold in the first place. (Pull those numbers) For RB the jumpers spend a lot of gold. They do so for the stat increase. The syndicates they are jumping into are not going to replace this. They are not gold players. = decrease profit.

Painting the bigger picture:

While many complain profusely about this game the fact remains they still play. You have created a social environment that drawls the consumer deep into this vitural reality. We socialize in large groups where bonds of friendship are created. By locking the syn during events you are removing a social aspect of this game. Hence removing a large part of what keeps the consumer.

RB is a favorite event of many. One reason is the syn hopping. Make no mistake the syn that utilize jumpers work around the clock non stop. It is a long and duling process. However it is the event when everyone comes out of the lurker shadows. We meet new people and we catch up with old friends. Last RB I ran into a guy that I played MW with, he taught me everything back then. This is why I continue to play the game, this is why I spend the cash.

I urge you to consider the ramifications of this lockdown decision. I have seen so many retire the game and from my perspective I see many more in the following months if this lockdown is enforced.

If you have any doubts as to the desired course of game play to put forward I encourage you to visit our rather large community room.

Hooker gal

Quatargate
04-28-2014, 09:57 PM
TL;DR;horrible grammar. By the way, it's a business.

GucciMane
04-28-2014, 10:07 PM
Well gree, if you insist me staying in this free syn for the syndicate war, I guess I'll abide. :rolleyes:

Dandd1821
04-28-2014, 10:14 PM
Only way to get their attn is a boycott,every player and syndicate should come together and make stand and not purchase any gold till changes are made...they have plenty of other issues they can be working on besides worrying if we are jumping from one synd to another.

Mirmur
04-28-2014, 10:27 PM
While many complain profusely about this game the fact remains they still play. You have created a social environment that drawls the consumer deep into this vitural reality. We socialize in large groups where bonds of friendship are created. By locking the syn during events you are removing a social aspect of this game. Hence removing a large part of what keeps the consumer.

+1 on all the thread.
Weel written, hg.

There is no reason to use the word boycott. This smells like the end of the game..

The_
04-28-2014, 10:47 PM
Will keep this short since I have better stuff to do.

First, we don't know whether this is a syndicate coding error or a new format implementation, since nobody w/ credibility has confirmed. Additionally, the changes to the current SLTQ doesn't necessarily apply to raid boss/other events; therefore, it is too soon to make the call without facts on the table.

Second, on an economical basis, syndicate jumping yields no profits for GREE, regardless, so the above assumption is illogical; in fact, it hurts their business when people are inquiring outside help rather than dispensing gold. Nevertheless, I do agree with the social aspect of the co-operation amongst syndicates and it certainly brings more personality to the game. Ultimately, GREE will base their decision mainly on business models, and competition tends to yield more than cooperation.

Finally, I chuckled when I read someone was suggesting a boycott. There are millions of players in CC and the majority does not read forum, use external chat apps, or even care extensively about the game. If you falter in activity or spending, the guy behind you will overtake your position and the cycle repeats. It's a wonderful idea if you have at least a million supporters though; if that were the case, sign me up!

maz0717
04-28-2014, 11:11 PM
I believe that it is not entirely accurate to say that syns who use jumpers spend no gold. I'm in a top 100 syn that uses jumpers, and we also spend gold.

The one thing gree does not realize is that not everyone has $100s and $1000s to spend on this game. I don't know about other syns, but alot of our members will be willing to spend $20-$100 dollars to finish a decent event. We are not rich and cannot spend $1000s. We won't spend anything if there is no chance to finish.

Maybe gree should go back to math class. What's more important, 30 people paying $50 or one person paying $1000? And when you piss off the people that can't spend $1000 and they leave, how many of the people who spend $1000s will stay?

Think about it. You are making this game worse and worse.

hooker gal
04-28-2014, 11:14 PM
Second, on an economical basis, syndicate jumping yields no profits for GREE, regardless, so the above assumption is illogical; in fact, it hurts their business when people are inquiring outside help rather than dispensing gold.

Nicely said I would just like to respond that I was referring to RB jumping. Jumpers run out of uzis in their syn and jump into other syn to hit the boss for loot items. Jumpers spend alot of gold to do this. Gold that the syn will not be spending. Therefore a decreased profit..... that was the point I was attempting to make.

The_Don
04-28-2014, 11:23 PM
If syndicates are locked, I won't be spending money. With the ability to improve gone, there's no reason.

Wang
04-29-2014, 12:17 AM
+1 supported by me

Joe bananas
04-29-2014, 12:51 AM
This is how they introduced the new rivals list. Without notice. They eventually came out and said 'yea we've made some changes' I'm expecting this to go the same way. I hope I'm wrong.
What's next. Pay 15 gold to leave your current syndicate. Pffft. Please fix this gree.

Captain Torgue
04-29-2014, 12:53 AM
I agree with the OP. Ultimately it is up to Gree however if you are going to lock syndicates during events then advanced warning should be given so that the syndicate leaders and officers can prepare their rosters in advance.

Syndicates adjust their rosters by removing dead weight and recruiting new players all the time. They need to know ahead of time when they can recruit, remove and make adjustments to their roster.

Please put a notice next to all events in the calendar that the syndicate will be locked during the event.

Also if their is an event that requires syndicates to be locked it should never ever be straight after battle as this is the time most syndicate leaders boot freeloaders and throwing in a locked event allows the freeloader to continue freeloading and outstay their welcome.

What's next. Pay 15 gold to leave your current syndicate.

Don't give them ideas :)

Raynah 138
04-29-2014, 06:48 AM
Will keep this short since I have better stuff to do.

First, we don't know whether this is a syndicate coding error or a new format implementation, since nobody w/ credibility has confirmed. Additionally, the changes to the current SLTQ doesn't necessarily apply to raid boss/other events; therefore, it is too soon to make the call without facts on the table.

Second, on an economical basis, syndicate jumping yields no profits for GREE, regardless, so the above assumption is illogical; in fact, it hurts their business when people are inquiring outside help rather than dispensing gold. Nevertheless, I do agree with the social aspect of the co-operation amongst syndicates and it certainly brings more personality to the game. Ultimately, GREE will base their decision mainly on business models, and competition tends to yield more than cooperation.

Finally, I chuckled when I read someone was suggesting a boycott. There are millions of players in CC and the majority does not read forum, use external chat apps, or even care extensively about the game. If you falter in activity or spending, the guy behind you will overtake your position and the cycle repeats. It's a wonderful idea if you have at least a million supporters though; if that were the case, sign me up!

Like. :) :) :)

sharpshooter333
04-29-2014, 07:23 AM
If they lock raid boss, then the requirements will definitely have to be lowered... Yeah right :(