PDA

View Full Version : Raid boss outrage

SpikeyKit
04-27-2014, 02:06 PM
Misleading information regarding the raid boss end date!!!
My faction called it quits coz an admin stated it ended on the 27th and since no mods have been here to say anything we are upset that we appear to have the time to do it now.

Many factions have either backed off when there was time or spent alot of gold to get it done when as much wouldnt of been needed. I think this is a blatant disregard for your customers!

Im also suggesting tickets sent in by factions who could of got it done and factions that used alot of gold to do it by the 27th.

mreilly
04-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Why wouldn't you keep going as far as you could? Why stop when you get units for rewards for each boss you kill? Sorry you guys didn't see any value in that.. why is gree to blame for your stupidity?

SpikeyKit
04-27-2014, 02:35 PM
Why wouldn't you keep going as far as you could? Why stop when you get units for rewards for each boss you kill? Sorry you guys didn't see any value in that.. why is gree to blame for your stupidity?

Here is the rewards list for the Watchdog Theone Raid Boss, which is scheduled from 4/24 @2PM Pacific Time through 4/27 @ 2PM Pacific Time.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?89919-Watchdog-Theone-Raid-Boss

Hmmm since they didnt reply why would we kill 15 lvl 100 bosses for a valour reward? If you would then well self explanatory really.

Do you forget for the transparency that was called for? The better communication? And for 3 days we hear nothing.

Go troll else where

Tranq
04-27-2014, 02:40 PM
So your telling me you don't want a good bit of valor? I'll sure take it...

EnjoyLife
04-27-2014, 02:43 PM
So, you are telling us that if the event ended 45 minutes ago, you wouldn't be outraged?

Nighthawk
04-27-2014, 02:46 PM
So your telling me you don't want a good bit of valor? I'll sure take it...

We purposely shut down on the missions after finishing 24/27 with about 4 hours left before what we thought was the end time because we knew we couldn't get all of the 25/27 done in 4 hours. Instead we just burned though our remaining folders on lower bosses so people could try to complete the individual goals. Had we known that we had 28 hours instead of 4 hours, we would have finished 25/27 and gotten a pretty nice unit for it!

Dazzj10
04-27-2014, 03:20 PM
Did exactly the same in my faction spent **** loads of gold then got to the point of give up,, so started farming and then the event carries on but we had used our folders up

I would like to know what gree are going to do about their huge cock up

Agent Orange
04-27-2014, 03:23 PM
We purposely shut down on the missions after finishing 24/27 with about 4 hours left before what we thought was the end time because we knew we couldn't get all of the 25/27 done in 4 hours. Instead we just burned though our remaining folders on lower bosses so people could try to complete the individual goals. Had we known that we had 28 hours instead of 4 hours, we would have finished 25/27 and gotten a pretty nice unit for it!

Ok I'm puzzled, the date for the end of Raid Boss has been the 28th. The OTHER event ended today. Always said this under the globe...... You sure you guys didn't mix up the two?

BlGTEX
04-27-2014, 03:39 PM
wow i think most of you that stopped are as bad at counting the days then gree is. If the start date says the 24th & they said it was going to be 4 days instead of 5 days. Then you guys are just as bad as gree i know when i add 4 days to the 24th i come up with 28th not the 27th like the admins said. You guys should ever trust what you read from the Admins as usually it is totally different then what really happens. all i can say is my 3rd grade son can add 24+4=28 lmao!!!

SpikeyKit
04-27-2014, 05:33 PM
wow i think most of you that stopped are as bad at counting the days then gree is. If the start date says the 24th & they said it was going to be 4 days instead of 5 days. Then you guys are just as bad as gree i know when i add 4 days to the 24th i come up with 28th not the 27th like the admins said. You guys should ever trust what you read from the Admins as usually it is totally different then what really happens. all i can say is my 3rd grade son can add 24+4=28 lmao!!!

Its Gree how do we know 1 way or the other? If we didnt it would end early, if we do ends later if we stop. Well dont matter. Either way. When things are wrong with the dates we ask the admins and if they get it wrong. Well we are all fk'd

lemonhaze
04-27-2014, 06:37 PM
Its Gree how do we know 1 way or the other? If we didnt it would end early, if we do ends later if we stop. Well dont matter. Either way. When things are wrong with the dates we ask the admins and if they get it wrong. Well we are all fk'd

no we all arent..bc this top 250 team i got a mini in hasnt stopped pushing even when they read that post on forum by admins..always follow the in game timer..its usally correct even if the dates are wrong on the globe..but like bigtex said..24th-28th is 4 days and gree said it was not gonna be a 5 day event only 4..even tho tardavic posted the 27th which is obviously wrong..so his counting is just as bad as well..gree math is always wrong u should know that by now..gl to u on the next one...

P.s the admins are human they make mistakes(lots of them at that) but u or no one in ur faction added 4 days from the 24th and caught that either..so u guys just made a mistake same as tardavic did

mreilly
04-27-2014, 06:50 PM
no we all arent..bc this top 250 team i got a mini in hasnt stopped pushing even when they read that post on forum by admins..always follow the in game timer..its usally correct even if the dates are wrong on the globe..but like bigtex said..24th-28th is 4 days and gree said it was not gonna be a 5 day event only 4..even tho tardavic posted the 27th which is obviously wrong..so his counting is just as bad as well..gree math is always wrong u should know that by now..gl to u on the next one...

P.s the admins are human they make mistakes(lots of them at that) but u or no one in ur faction added 4 days from the 24th and caught that either..so u guys just made a mistake same as tardavic did

I still do not get why a faction would stop... why the hell aren't you farming bosses right until the very end. The bosses still drop a chance at 8000\8000 units... its a safe assumption those units would help the factions that are struggling on the event so again i ask... why would you quit the event??

Berio
04-27-2014, 07:12 PM
I was as panic as everyone were when my friend told me that raid boss will end in another 5 hours where I saw the goal timer is left with 1 day 5 hours. Then again, I counted the number of day since raid boss event started live to the moment of news, it was only 3 days. Bottom line, if everything fails (Gree's or admin maths fail) you will need to stand firm by yourself.

SpikeyKit
04-28-2014, 03:07 AM

Yes i came up with the 28th too. But i was speaking to alot of factions and there was mass confusion. Alot was saying the 27th. Wouldnt of taken an admin 5 mins to spot the stacks of post and put us straight

As for mreilly, glad your team are able to farm lvl 100 bosses, id like to be able to do that. No hard feelings. We needed about 1h30 per lvl 100 we was on target but the confusion really didnt help.

Fergus14
04-28-2014, 04:12 AM
If you had any doubts about when it finished, surely you would have kept pushing in case? If not, then in hindsight it was silly.

Don't expect Gree to answer on weekends, we all know the Gree cat can't answer emails.

jinjack292
04-28-2014, 04:18 AM
24+4=28. come on u should at least no the basic math. plus gree said the event will b 4 days, but type 27. they not prefect ofc they going make mistake(a lot). so u blaming on gree for mistakes typed when u entire faction doesn't no how to add 24+4?

BostonHammer
04-28-2014, 07:16 AM
24+4=28. come on u should at least no the basic math. plus gree said the event will b 4 days, but type 27. they not prefect ofc they going make mistake(a lot). so u blaming on gree for mistakes typed when u entire faction doesn't no how to add 24+4?

From the Mod:
Here is the rewards list for the Watchdog Theone Raid Boss, which is scheduled from 4/24 @2PM Pacific Time through 4/27 @ 2PM Pacific Time.

Please note that the Raid Boss is scheduled to be a four day event, though the in-game calendar shows it as being five days.

The way I believe Gree counts days is:

Day 1 - 4/24
Day 2 - 4/25
Day 3 - 4/26
Day 4 - 4/27

After reading the post from the mods on Sunday I was nervous I would not finish the individual. My faction finished the raid boss in 24 hours then helped other factions get theirs. I was was going to use that last day to concentrate on the individual prize. The way I read the post and based on my experience with Gree (2.5 years), there wasn't going to be another day as per the in game calendar. so I used all my tapjoy gold (100 gold, well worth the prize) to get it. If I knew for a fact I had that extra day, I would not have needed to used all my gold.

Basic math does not equal Gree math and in this game, it's the Gree math that matters.

Please note that the Raid Boss is scheduled to be a four day event, though the in-game calendar shows it as being five days.

I am a cow!
04-28-2014, 07:48 AM
LOL why stop? valor is a perfecty good prize in fact better than the 25/27 prize buy yourself 300k in stats with that valor

Jrich
04-28-2014, 07:50 AM
Misleading information regarding the raid boss end date!!!
My faction called it quits coz an admin stated it ended on the 27th and since no mods have been here to say anything we are upset that we appear to have the time to do it now.

Many factions have either backed off when there was time or spent alot of gold to get it done when as much wouldnt of been needed. I think this is a blatant disregard for your customers!

Im also suggesting tickets sent in by factions who could of got it done and factions that used alot of gold to do it by the 27th.

There is a timer on the Raid Boss screen telling you how much time is left in the event. Did your whole faction miss this? You have nothing to complain about.

lemonhaze
04-28-2014, 08:58 AM
I still do not get why a faction would stop... why the hell aren't you farming bosses right until the very end. The bosses still drop a chance at 8000\8000 units... its a safe assumption those units would help the factions that are struggling on the event so again i ask... why would you quit the event?? 100% agree..even with the timer clicking down to 2pm pst yesterday mini faction was pushing harder and harder on 27/27 to get at least the extra loot even if the event did end..its just a mistake him and his faction will have to learn from

Yes i came up with the 28th too. But i was speaking to alot of factions and there was mass confusion. Alot was saying the 27th. Wouldnt of taken an admin 5 mins to spot the stacks of post and put us straight

As for mreilly, glad your team are able to farm lvl 100 bosses, id like to be able to do that. No hard feelings. We needed about 1h30 per lvl 100 we was on target but the confusion really didnt help.

i understand that bud..u guys just made a huge mistake in not contiuneing to go forward..there was valor on each one as well..its alright we all have made mistakes and im sure i will make many more..just chalk this up as a learning experince and grow from it

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
04-28-2014, 09:37 AM
Sad to say many similar situations have occurred in the past. I'm guessing you're new enough to make the mistake of listening to what Mods say. I make that mistake on occasion as well. Someone said it earlier.... Always go by the event clock. Not the globe... Not the mods. Event clock has always been the most accurate source.

Always go down swinging... A good rule in general... give up... Well that's on you. If the event ended early as you thought... And you went down fighting (well even if you didn't) ... You would have a good argument to get some sort of recompense. Either with gree or iTunes. If it didn't end early you would have still been in a position to complete. Not everyone reads these forums. For that reason they have a clock for each event telling you how long you have to complete the event. I know it's hard to trust anything which gree does... But in the future trust that. And as always.... Go down swinging.

Gerath
04-28-2014, 10:33 AM
It's a tough situation though. What if the mod was right about the date. What if the globe/event time was wrong. People would be upset either way. I don't know why people think they are almighty and know exactly when the event would have ended. Obviously Gree screws up again but that's commonplace now. We actually stopped farming early as well on 26/27. We thought just in case it would be the safer bet to get everyone the wrapper prize. Anyways we still finished and completed 27/27 so in the end it all worked out. At least for us.

Basslaker
04-28-2014, 12:22 PM
I, myself, have always used the countdown clock for the event. There have been many many posts by mods that have stated "...always go by the event timer... never go by the date on the globe, the forums, or anyone's post. They may not be correct."

Doesn't mean the timer is 100% correct, but I have not witnessed one being wrong yet in 2+ years.

trueblue
04-28-2014, 01:28 PM

do you not count the day it starts as 1st day,so if starts 24th=1, 25th=2, 26th=3,27th=4,28th=5,....5 day event,not 4.

Skleinsmith
04-28-2014, 02:09 PM
You do not count the first day.... A day = 24 hours. Thus 1 day would mean 24th + 1 = 25th at same time... Simple math. My 5 yr old can even count days.

Rob TRK
04-28-2014, 02:21 PM
I understand the outrage. It's not unreasonable due to confusion. We spent a lot of time Sunday determining the approach as it was we decided to trust the countdown clock and take the view that if we didn't finish we weren't going to spend a shed load of Gold.. Balanced out decision on likely cost to achieve the desired outcome.
Thief has many times commented that you have to pause for breath with these events and determine is the cost really worth the outcome. Our expectation was that the clock was right and even GREE would not put the boss health up by 50% and shorten the event to 60% of the previous time. But we had to plan based on assumptions and took the risk..

Bndawgs
04-28-2014, 02:38 PM
I understand the outrage. It's not unreasonable due to confusion. We spent a lot of time Sunday determining the approach as it was we decided to trust the countdown clock and take the view that if we didn't finish we weren't going to spend a shed load of Gold.. Balanced out decision on likely cost to achieve the desired outcome.
Thief has many times commented that you have to pause for breath with these events and determine is the cost really worth the outcome. Our expectation was that the clock was right and even GREE would not put the boss health up by 50% and shorten the event to 60% of the previous time. But we had to plan based on assumptions and took the risk..

wasn't there a timer on the rb summon tab??? why weren't people reading that I wonder?

Rob TRK
04-28-2014, 02:42 PM
BNdawgs we certainly were watching the clock and as you have quoted used that to finalise our decision. However when a moderator posts something that's at odds it certainly has to be considered and assessed. In our case we assumed he was wrong, that proved correct. Clearly not everyone else made that call hence the outrage that's been noted.

BostonHammer
04-28-2014, 02:43 PM
You do not count the first day.... A day = 24 hours. Thus 1 day would mean 24th + 1 = 25th at same time... Simple math. My 5 yr old can even count days.

That's true in real life but not always true in Gree's world. And congratulations on the smart 5 year old.

Bndawgs
04-28-2014, 02:52 PM
BNdawgs we certainly were watching the clock and as you have quoted used that to finalise our decision. However when a moderator posts something that's at odds it certainly has to be considered and assessed. In our case we assumed he was wrong, that proved correct. Clearly not everyone else made that call hence the outrage that's been noted.
always have to go by the game clock. since not everyone that plays MW is a member here

MadAtWorld
04-28-2014, 03:50 PM
To the originator of this thread. I was with a faction that finished with 7 minutes to spare. We had a choice on the 26th. We chose to continue. Why? Logical reasoning. Gree has in the past had issues with the calendars but rarely have the timers been wrong. They said 4 days, and 27th. Only one can be right. But having added a 4th level to the event, the Indiv, shorter would be ludicrous (not that Gree doesn't do that). Ending the event on the 27th would leave us with. I thing to spend gold on for 24 hours. (Gree doesn't do that). And finally, Sunday. Since when have we have a weekend off? Gree employees don't work weekends. That's why they don't end events on Sundays.

The true deciding factor tho... if we had just stopped and felt pity for ourselves, we would have no recourse later to say that Gree had been the reason we didn't finish. We would have failed to finish because we are quitters. We stopped before the final minutes. We could not have said that but for the early end we would have made it. Because we would not have shown that we had the resolve to reach the end. The work ethic. We could not claim ignorance of the info on the forum, going only by the in game clock either. But I prefer to err on the side of caution. If you quit and they didnt end early, you get nothing. If you continue and they didnt, you get everything. So if you have a 1 in 4 chance of winning, why would you take the route that guarantees you lose?

Tell ya what... give me your faction name. I would love to face you on WD.

jinjack292
04-28-2014, 03:57 PM
do you not count the day it starts as 1st day,so if starts 24th=1, 25th=2, 26th=3,27th=4,28th=5,....5 day event,not 4.

Some one doesnt no how to add :(
24 2mp to 25 2mp 1 day
25 2mp to 26 2mp 1 day
26 2mp to 27 2mp 1 day
27 2mp to 28 2mp 1 day
4 days

trueblue
04-29-2014, 06:00 AM

ok clever **** let me put it another way, it was a 96 hour event spread over 5 days

Mcdoc
04-29-2014, 06:08 AM
ok clever **** let me put it another way, it was a 96 hour event spread over 5 days

Haven't the 72 hour (3 day) World Domination events always started on Friday 11 am PST and finished at Noon on. Monday? Isn't that a 3 day event covering 4 days ?

how was this different ?

trueblue
04-29-2014, 06:32 AM
Haven't the 72 hour (3 day) World Domination events always started on Friday 11 am PST and finished at Noon on. Monday? Isn't that a 3 day event covering 4 days ?

how was this different ?

it was`nt any different

trueblue
04-29-2014, 06:48 AM
Some one doesnt no how to add :(
24 2mp to 25 2mp 1 day
25 2mp to 26 2mp 1 day
26 2mp to 27 2mp 1 day
27 2mp to 28 2mp 1 day
4 days

the in game clock does not show what time it starts only what day it starts,it says it starts on a thursday and ends on the monday making it a 5 day event,please take note it gives a start day and an end day,not a start time with start day or an end time with the end date, and if you lived in australia you were fooked cos it started on the 25th.lol
basically it was a 96 hour event spread over 5 days.