PDA

View Full Version : Buying gold bars

Kane064
09-08-2011, 03:38 AM
Just wanted to know what the deal with spending real money, it seems overpriced to me and the whole 10% extra ect is wrong. £2.99 for 50 gold and £6.99 for 110 gold, how come the cheaper one is better value? I'm guessing the prices where set in dollars but it's well of the percentage increase it says it is and with the top pack at £69.99 for what you get seems a little off to me...

How do the costs compare in dollars? Those who have spent money on the game, do you feel it's worth it? For me compared to other games like this it feels unusually high.

BDi Meat
09-08-2011, 07:47 AM
It is a lot of money to spend on an iPhone game. for £70 I could get a second hand Xbox and games with it. I came across someone the other day that had spent over £140 on this game. Are some people mad? I haven't spent anything yet and am at level 35. Has anyone spent loads on this game and why?

JonathanBKK
09-09-2011, 08:46 AM
well here is my story about gold bars but some background first. I am level 42 spent most of my money bulding and upgrading buildings and after each level invested in stamina and energy. Consequently I lose 90% of attks and am never able to block steals. I have given up trying to win the hardcore hitman and winning streak rounds.

Recently i started noticing that some players are able to block robberies and attks so i started checking what they owned etc and noticed immediately they own all the top gold bar purchased items such as the veyron, mesh combat gear etc. It made sense to me that they could block since they are able to equip one item for when someone attkd them.

So I made a purchase of $50 and got the Mesh Combat Gear, and the Crusher Gatling Gun hoping I could win some attks and also protect from being stolen as I had seen before. Well I would have to say it was a waste, at best people attacking me are now losing 1 out of 5 times, I still cant win attks, and robberies are still 100% successful

I did notice one guy the other day that based on my math had spent probably $500 (he had like 6 veyrons, and multiples of all other gold only purchase items) but there is just no way im gonna pay that much on this game and i saw little if any benefit for my first purchase so it doesnt justify spending more

Niall
09-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Many of those who have say six veyrons and plenty of other gold bar purchases are likely to have jailbroken iPhones and have downloaded a crime city hack. Just have to hope they are caught and kicked out of the game.

Please add 428 069 319
Irish player at level 70
Three rules to play by:
1) Don't play with real money
2) Don't attack the same rival more than once
3) Don't rob the same rival more than once

Attack and rob them until they're broke but don't keep going back to the same players to attack and rob, let them get into the game and play, up their level and enjoy it!

Kane064
09-09-2011, 03:46 PM
I have found it useful to buy the cheap weapons and armour with one att and def or so to of set my gang members numbers with my current items that might have a short fall, so if I have a clan of 100 members I make sure I have 100 guns, 100 melee and 100 armours even if they only stats of one it adds up. It won't stop the big spenders but it really helps if you have some good def buildings to go along with them.

Danny Kim
09-09-2011, 05:06 PM
There should be a way to buy 'gold only' stuffs with money....:(

Terminus
09-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Not impressed at all. A guy could spend $500 a day easily on this game. Not worth it to get the little extras gold bars. They are not worth even close to what you are asking. I refuse to be ther ruse. Wont spend good money on a bad game.

paulieB
09-10-2011, 09:03 AM
I agree, I haven't spent a dime. I think spending $500 for an edge defeats the purpose of knowing tactics. I see all of the people who beaten me have bought things with real money. I'll play this game for a little while long then quit. If the prices were $1 - $5 i might buy but $5 - $100 give me a break. Our economy must be better than they say.

cliffordan
09-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Add now and earn 10k - 284 840 305
Hi ppl. Add me and earn 10 k for free. Just add me and wait for 24 hrs. My code is 284 840 305

Thanks

I have added you. But I'm curious about earn 10k. 10k of what? How I earn it? I have to wait for 24 hours to know the answer?

Wild Boy
02-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Deal with it.

Apexilon
02-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Please be aware, someone is trying to fraudulently gain user's Funzio ID details on the Crime City game. I received the below message at 20-02-2013 at 16:56:34 on my Android mobile device in-game:

"Let me know if u want gold, and if u do give me your Funzio ID,Password,Email - always helping people. Thank You add me xxx-xxx-xxx".

I have masked the sender's supposed ID number while this is being investigated (yes, I have reported it), plus I believe this person is hacking user Funzio accounts and then using the hacked detail to send the same message on to the next prospective victim (at least, I don't expect them to be silly enough to use their own id to spam/hack several people at the same time).

If you receive this message PLEASE PLEASE do NOT send the user your details: Copy the message and report it to Funzio and they can search for the person who's trying to do this as it is NOT legitimate!!!

wan960
02-21-2013, 01:39 AM
Now my level 115, our syndicate 14/24, join us.
My mafiacode 402-205-628

Jo Kim
02-21-2013, 06:39 AM
Necroing threads is bad

bimmer kid
02-21-2013, 06:43 AM
its bad mmmmmkay

Coldjoey
02-21-2013, 11:56 AM
well here is my story about gold bars but some background first. I am level 42 spent most of my money bulding and upgrading buildings and after each level invested in stamina and energy. Consequently I lose 90% of attks and am never able to block steals. I have given up trying to win the hardcore hitman and winning streak rounds.Recently i started noticing that some players are able to block robberies and attks so i started checking what they owned etc and noticed immediately they own all the top gold bar purchased items such as the veyron, mesh combat gear etc. It made sense to me that they could block since they are able to equip one item for when someone attkd them.So I made a purchase of $50 and got the Mesh Combat Gear, and the Crusher Gatling Gun hoping I could win some attks and also protect from being stolen as I had seen before. Well I would have to say it was a waste, at best people attacking me are now losing 1 out of 5 times, I still cant win attks, and robberies are still 100% successfulI did notice one guy the other day that based on my math had spent probably $500 (he had like 6 veyrons, and multiples of all other gold only purchase items) but there is just no way im gonna pay that much on this game and i saw little if any benefit for my first purchase so it doesnt justify spending more832 751 867. Add me and I'll take a look at your stats and inventory and see what you can do for free to improve your stats. That's how this fourm used to work

MrWiggles
02-21-2013, 12:11 PM
The prices for gold are way too overpriced in my opinion. $1 for 50 gold seems more reasonable to me. 1500 gold for $100? Yeah, you can get like 5 good items for that. If I wanted to donate, I would want to get something worthwhile out of it.

Plumbernick9
02-21-2013, 05:43 PM
only rich people can afford to waste money on this game if they would lower prices i would spend alot more i just dont see paying $80 $90 or more on a crappy item this game is only aimed at rich folks if they used thier heads they could make way more money

Stop the hate, and quit worrying about other people's money.

bald zeemer
02-22-2013, 06:12 AM
Do you guys often go into stores and say to the staff "if only that $2000 item was $50 I'd definitely buy it" - and have the result be anything other than the staff laughing at you?

Plumbernick9
02-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Child, tha soonah you stop nosin into tha bizness of othahs and focus on yo own, the happier you be. If this aint the game you can afford, may I sugges you try solitare. Dat game truly be free. Take it ow leave it, beava.

Amen, my african sista!

gambet1234
02-23-2013, 12:07 AM
I've spent $40 on this game. I have also wasted a LOT of time doing tapjoy junk for free gold. I have spent as much time here as I have in Skyrim and have spent $5 less on CC. Don't bother with gold items unless you make >$200,000 a year. You can get to 40K atk and def with no real money fairly easy. It just takes time. Time is money. If you don't want to wait for the rewards then it is going to cost you.

I spent real money because I wanted a specific item boost (see my sig) and because there is no way to get pirate taverns and palm hotels otherwise. SAVING gold is the hard part. Funzio makes it EXTREMELY easy to misclick and mis-spend hard earned gold. I'm spending another $3.99 for gold before I accidentally refill my stamina or speed up an upgrade. I want a second Pirate Tavern.

I've requested my mis-spent gold back 5 times and have gotten it back each time. The last time I misclicked I told them to fix the problem and that I would spend money again when their game stops trying to steal it. IS A GOLD SPEND CONFIRMATION WINDOW SO MUCH TO ASK?!?! The joke's on me, though, because they are getting another $3.99 from me as soon as this Missile Turret finishes. I got great tips tonight and I've stopped going to the bar. This is my treat.

(N8iV) RayJ
02-23-2013, 03:08 AM
832 751 867. Add me and I'll take a look at your stats and inventory and see what you can do for free to improve your stats. That's how this fourm used to work

i added you as a friend to see if you can help me with my stats

Bob Beckel
02-25-2013, 07:41 PM
Can someone help me with mine?

Tommy Two Toes
02-25-2013, 10:45 PM
I have added you. But I'm curious about earn 10k. 10k of what? How I earn it? I have to wait for 24 hours to know the answer?

You have to visit his hood, first thing in the morning on 100 consecutive days to get it.

bald zeemer
02-26-2013, 01:51 AM
It is a lot of money to spend on an iPhone game. for £70 I could get a second hand Xbox and games with it. I came across someone the other day that had spent over £140 on this game. Are some people mad? I haven't spent anything yet and am at level 35. Has anyone spent loads on this game and why?

I own as many if not more consoles that I could ever need. Same same nearly any other item you could name. Why is spending money on a game 'mad' rather than me buying more items I don't need?

So, long story short: I've spent a decent amount, and plan on spending significantly more. The why is easy: I have disposable income, but due to work very little freedom in my spare time, so very few options on what to spend it on.

steamboatwilly
02-26-2013, 08:16 AM
I've spent $40 on this game. I have also wasted a LOT of time doing tapjoy junk for free gold. I have spent as much time here as I have in Skyrim and have spent $5 less on CC. Don't bother with gold items unless you make >$200,000 a year. You can get to 40K atk and def with no real money fairly easy. It just takes time. Time is money. If you don't want to wait for the rewards then it is going to cost you.

I spent real money because I wanted a specific item boost (see my sig) and because there is no way to get pirate taverns and palm hotels otherwise. SAVING gold is the hard part. Funzio makes it EXTREMELY easy to misclick and mis-spend hard earned gold. I'm spending another $3.99 for gold before I accidentally refill my stamina or speed up an upgrade. I want a second Pirate Tavern.

I've requested my mis-spent gold back 5 times and have gotten it back each time. The last time I misclicked I told them to fix the problem and that I would spend money again when their game stops trying to steal it. IS A GOLD SPEND CONFIRMATION WINDOW SO MUCH TO ASK?!?! The joke's on me, though, because they are getting another $3.99 from me as soon as this Missile Turret finishes. I got great tips tonight and I've stopped going to the bar. This is my treat.

I have done this many times and have asked for the same thing. I figure they dont care and its easier to issue the gold back as some people may not even ask for it back. I dont mind paying for some of the game as they should be paid for their time, however, i refuse to spend large sums of money. I think i have about 120 in the game so far, but i have been playing for well over a year. so that is about 1 ps3 game a year from my standpoint. I always wait for sales as well. Even though they raised all the prices. They have also changed some of the buildings to gold purchases that used to be cash purchases. The smoke shop i think

XxGNUTxX
02-26-2013, 09:38 AM
I rather spend my money on boats and ho's

Stock Slayer
02-26-2013, 09:56 AM
Like a BAWCE!!

Swedevil
02-28-2013, 03:37 AM
I have done this many times and have asked for the same thing. I figure they dont care and its easier to issue the gold back as some people may not even ask for it back. I dont mind paying for some of the game as they should be paid for their time, however, i refuse to spend large sums of money. I think i have about 120 in the game so far, but i have been playing for well over a year. so that is about 1 ps3 game a year from my standpoint. I always wait for sales as well. Even though they raised all the prices. They have also changed some of the buildings to gold purchases that used to be cash purchases. The smoke shop i think

How doyou request it back? I accidentally clicked away 15 bars yesterday with the painted crate timer. I clicked it and then still waited for the hour because I did it accidentally.