PDA

View Full Version : 2 month stalker - how possible?

corporate_finance
04-25-2014, 08:37 AM
Hi everybody,

This one is for the experts: My hood is infected with a stalker coming back several times per day to rob a few high income buildings (mostly 12h/15h LTBs). This goes for nearly 2 months now. In general no problem as my important cash cows are 24h buildings which I usually manage to collect on time. But I really would like to know how he keeps finding me!?

Can't be the newsfeed, robbed him once but that was ages ago so the entry must be long gone.

Can it be the rival's list? Tried that by pushing the refresh button over and over again until his name came up. Took ages, so pretty unlikely that somebody would take this pain several times a day only to rob some 2m cash.

Does he simply keep my hood open all the time? Unlikely either, as his stats are constantly improving so he must be active doing quests.

So how the hack does he do it? Cheating?

Cheers

CF

Scott88
04-25-2014, 08:41 AM
I have the same problem. However, I can deal with this person. What I want to know, is do you get stronger??? Currently, I am level 155 and have people odf level 140 & below conintually rob me...yet I cannot retaliate because it seems they are stronger! WTF!

corporate_finance
04-25-2014, 09:09 AM
It's always the same guy, his stats and level seem to improve at moderate speed, little faster than mine. I could retaliate but didn't do so yet. Had many of those poor souls in the past and they always went away when the news feed expired. This time it's different though

Fredfreddy
04-25-2014, 09:39 AM
There's a buddy of mine in another syndicate who I always use for case event and EB spawns by hitting his laundros and such. I always see him within 10 refreshes of the RL, and if you have a decently fast phone and, I suppose, network connection, the time it takes to refresh the RL and browse through the list really only take about 5 seconds.

If you find a person who has a decent IPH but rarely collects on time, it's probably a worthy investment of time to search for them in the RL, especially if you have multiple targets that you always search for.

As long as he's within 30 or so levels of you, and within +/- 50% or so of your strength, I think he'll be in your RL (or, you'll be in his)

The_
04-25-2014, 10:43 AM
Lvl up & change name to Alex & move your buildings around

InglouriousBastard
04-25-2014, 10:48 AM
Lvl up & change name to Alex

lol
I'm always checkin on Alex... Those are worth lookin through! :)
Changing name is just a short break. There will be others who might stalk you...

And yes its the rival list. If you have 8-10 high iph targets its worth to hit the refresh button until you're out of stamina.

sister morphine
04-25-2014, 11:02 AM
It's always the same guy, his stats and level seem to improve at moderate speed, little faster than mine. I could retaliate but didn't do so yet. Had many of those poor souls in the past and they always went away when the news feed expired. This time it's different though
I've had stalkers in the past, though not for that long.

Some people are just jerks basically.

Baze
04-25-2014, 11:17 AM
It's the rival list bro. I log on often, and most of the times is one same guy on the top of the list. And why u are so upset? I am out or the game for one hour and some one colect. I don't mind I'll colect 20-30 time more. I newer check who it is. For me is same I don't have any way that money.

corporate_finance
04-25-2014, 04:43 PM
Ok, so it's rival list. Thanks for the enlightenment! What a nerd :-)

GucciMane
04-25-2014, 04:49 PM
yes, it happens. you do develop stalkers in this game.

just consider it flattery.

killerbee
04-26-2014, 05:17 AM
lol ur talking about me hitting ur buildings :) sorry i dont only hit yours .. i do hit other hoods too when bored..

corporate_finance
04-26-2014, 06:49 AM
lol ur talking about me hitting ur buildings :) sorry i dont only hit yours .. i do hit other hoods too when bored..

guess not as your language is much more sophisticated than his :-)

reticlover
04-26-2014, 08:07 AM
I have one now from Indian nation, he is a prick, name is stalker

killbillbst
04-26-2014, 11:39 AM
Drop some mob members, go below 480 or so

RuckusXsuckuR
04-26-2014, 11:49 AM
I've seen news feed that have info from 40+ days prior

Baze
04-27-2014, 01:41 AM
You have people that they play similar to you, so they follow you in the rival list. I have at least 10 peopke in the rival list that I found them all the time. Ex .Bones, killa, the mechanic...... they play similar to me , and how I grow with iph and attack- defence they do the same.

iteachem
04-27-2014, 05:19 AM
I have one now from Indian nation, he is a prick, name is stalker

to funny..I will tell him you enjoy the hunt

Boss King
04-28-2014, 03:17 PM
Hi everybody,

This one is for the experts: My hood is infected with a stalker coming back several times per day to rob a few high income buildings (mostly 12h/15h LTBs). This goes for nearly 2 months now. In general no problem as my important cash cows are 24h buildings which I usually manage to collect on time. But I really would like to know how he keeps finding me!?

Can't be the newsfeed, robbed him once but that was ages ago so the entry must be long gone.

Can it be the rival's list? Tried that by pushing the refresh button over and over again until his name came up. Took ages, so pretty unlikely that somebody would take this pain several times a day only to rob some 2m cash.

Does he simply keep my hood open all the time? Unlikely either, as his stats are constantly improving so he must be active doing quests.

Cheers

CF

Seriously?????? The game is called CRIME CITY! I rob people all the time because they DONT collect their cash. Then they curse on my wall. STOP playing if you feel like you have a stalker. STOP typing and collect your cash crybaby.

AKA Stalker

mxz
04-28-2014, 06:47 PM
There's some vulnerabilities in the network that allow you to effectively "bookmark" people. Leveling up and changing names wouldn't do anything in that case.

reticlover
04-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Drop some mob members, go below 480 or so

doesnt work with new rival list

reticlover
04-28-2014, 07:57 PM
to funny..I will tell him you enjoy the hunt

wont do him any good, i changed my name and will keep doing so

corporate_finance
05-05-2014, 07:38 AM
There's some vulnerabilities in the network that allow you to effectively "bookmark" people. Leveling up and changing names wouldn't do anything in that case.

Thanks smug,

Very interesting and likely to be the case here considering that visiting frequency must be quite high. He's always there shortly after LTB gets collectible, IMHO not doable via RL.

Guess you can't be more specific? Any way to get rid of the bookmark?

CF

b-w
05-05-2014, 07:57 AM
I had this problem..and i probably am this problem for some. I usually only do it when i need money for LTB. If i find some with high IPH who don't collect i will write their names down and go straight for them..

I fixed mine by robbing them relentlessly. ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT. I decided it can be a war of attrition. They were my whole news feed so they stayed there for a while and i see them on my rivals list. I set an alarm for their building schedule and i made damn sure to collect all mine on time. My wife doesn't sleep much so i had her doing it while i slept. It stopped after about 2 days of this. I continued for another 5 days to make sure the message was clear. If you find yourself in my news feed again then i will go for 8 days and then 15 days or until you've learned your lesson. The only problem with this is if they have nothing to rob. In that case i don't know what to tell you except attack them over and over right when they rob you.

I always rob whoever robs me until i get back what was taken. Even if i have to rob a laundromat 10 thousand times..i will. It's just a personal thing. I'm sorta crazy..

GucciMane
05-05-2014, 10:00 AM
Having considered this thread again, you really only have one stalker OP.

Most rivals lists have 70-100 players in it. Try entering the top 10/20 of those players in IPH. No, seriously. Try having stalkers from every time zone in the world.

Most players no longer invest in "infrastructure" in their hood....that is, solid buildings which finance yourself in the long term and have great collection schedules. Most will just bum-rush an LTB as high as possible, preferring a small handful of 25k-ish prizes in the short term over dozens of 25k-ish prizes in the long term.

They never really build their own IPH but prefer to waste countless hours scanning rivals lists to get to the nice-target's LTBs first. But to each his own, I find collecting much less time consuming than robbing. Once your IPH is over 6M the robs tend to only be minor scratches anyways.

A great way to handle stalkers is to not collect your 18-hour buildings for a short time, OR let a friend in a different time zone rob them. If you actually invested in the "infrastructure" I mentioned, neglecting some 18 hour buildings collections won't hurt your income too much. It's not uncommon amongst the highest IPH players to exchange their 18/20 hour buildings this way.

b-w
05-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Interesting. So not collecting means if they have been robbed then they can't be again until collected? I've wondered this for a while. That's a great idea.

GucciMane
05-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Interesting. So not collecting means if they have been robbed then they can't be again until collected? I've wondered this for a while. That's a great idea.

yes, leaving your buildings uncollected is common and a much more strategic and sane way of handling all the freeloaders than selling off your buildings in anger, which I've seen far too many players do in this game.

gcfreem
05-05-2014, 06:47 PM

And when your 18 hrs get robbed, leave them uncollected until right before you go to sleep. The next day, you can collect 6 hours before sleep, then 12 hours before. This way you get 2-3 days robbery free and you don't even miss any collections since you're still getting 1 per wake-sleep cycle. Works even better with the 20 hour buildings.

bravo 6 vk
05-05-2014, 07:37 PM
And when your 18 hrs get robbed, leave them uncollected until right before you go to sleep. The next day, you can collect 6 hours before sleep, then 12 hours before. This way you get 2-3 days robbery free and you don't even miss any collections since you're still getting 1 per wake-sleep cycle. Works even better with the 20 hour buildings.
This is what I do when they get robbed :)

Carbide
05-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Hey, just copy and paste hi 50 times! That will for sure clear his news feed!

BrisingrBoss
05-06-2014, 12:58 AM
do that and you will get banned for spamming!

b-w
05-06-2014, 07:00 AM
oh..ya'll sleep? what's that like?

thanks for the advice. I was never positive how it worked.

Vile Lynn
05-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Hi everybody,

Cheers

CF

Is it me? (could be)

Kwicky
05-07-2014, 05:08 AM
Come rob my hood if i haven't collected paying buildings. Its part of the game. Chances are im off robbing someone