PDA

View Full Version : D*mn. SUP wins again, with air boost.

Greg76
04-24-2014, 02:28 PM
Sup 1 and 2 got the 20% air def that so many factions wanted. Mine overshot and ended up in top10. Stinking infantry boost. Oh well, on to the next event.

Ryans67
04-24-2014, 02:39 PM
I've got to admit, nailing that small window was no easy task. More stressful than chasing the top prize. Wish gree would release more prizes that are in tune with what the players want.....

seansnov
04-24-2014, 02:41 PM
I've got to admit, nailing that small window was no easy task. More stressful than chasing the top prize. Wish gree would release more prizes that are in tune with what the players want.....

Oh please tell us how tough it was! Get outta here!

Superdude
04-24-2014, 06:21 PM
The air def boost was better than the number one prize boost

2000y2k
04-24-2014, 06:22 PM
Yeah great cover guys. Too bad you gave up after you realized you couldn't make the top spot.

The sacred defense boost. Lol

Mastert55!
04-24-2014, 06:36 PM
We completely overshot it actually. Idk how the hell we went from 20th to top 10

VegasKing11
04-24-2014, 06:52 PM
We completely overshot it actually. Idk how the hell we went from 20th to top 10

Nobody was scoring in the last hour. We were 8th and needed to drop 3 spots. Scored 8k because one idiot wasn't listening, and barely fell to 11th by 2k.

Superdude
04-24-2014, 07:23 PM
Yeah great cover guys. Too bad you gave up after you realized you couldn't make the top spot.

The sacred defense boost. Lol
No, they just aren't stupid. They all have attacks that can best anybody's defense that's how the game is skewed. They don't need attack they want defense and air had the best bonus. It was a smart play.

2000y2k
04-24-2014, 08:18 PM
No, they just aren't stupid. They all have attacks that can best anybody's defense that's how the game is skewed. They don't need attack they want defense and air had the best bonus. It was a smart play.

That's what you say when you know you can't get first but who cares anyway.

General Luke
04-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I'm sure 20% def will cause more damage on raid boss and get u more def wins in WD.

Superdude
04-24-2014, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I'm sure 20% def will cause more damage on raid boss and get u more def wins in WD.

Can't tell if that was sarcastic or not but that was exactly the idea. They can all already beat anybody's defense so why go for more attack? It was a smart decision by them and Osw can finally get themselves first in something haha

Superdude
04-24-2014, 08:37 PM
So, a thread on OSW and le sets stays up all day and when someone posts a list of sup players that have 300 wrapper prizes for 22 le sets (and there a dozen other sup1 and sup2 members with the same), the post GETS TAKEN DOWN IN 10 MINUTES and EVERYONE WHO POSTED GETS BANNED???? Ryan67 and others violated multiple terms of service and...nothing!

Let's start with j who has 300, Stephen, when are you banning him?

The stinkster (Corey) is another!!

Moderators, it is UNBELIEVABLY TRANSPARENT when you BLATENTLY favoring SUP.

Stephen and gene, when are you booting your "hackers" in your own words???

Keep that out of this thread. We are discussing the strategy of defense vs attack I don't Care about any of your nonsense. The thread was removed because somebody had literally reposted the same thread that was locked earlier but changed all the names to SUP. It was a pointless thread that had already been addressed. The s1 guys and Stephen are all great. I can't even begin to say what Stephen has gone out of his way to do for me, it's beyond thanks. And no, they don't hack. So. Take your stuff elsewhere please

Speed ump
04-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Super, you know those osw guys Arnt too bright, they're easily confused. He probably is lost and dosnt even know where he is. Wait didn't that happen to one of them before, had to call for help during wd if I remember correctly. Yes it was so difficult for us to go for first, that's why we only declared every few hours, and didn't declare for over six hours at a time.i know, you need to feel like you earned the win, and well, you did have to beat RA. And the auction events arnt always won by sup players either I guess since those defense bonuses don't mean anything to us. Got to keep the troops spirits up, rah rah and all that. Trying to stay within a 25k range was definitely harder than coming In first.

Superdude
04-24-2014, 10:28 PM
Super, you know those osw guys Arnt too bright, they're easily confused. He probably is lost and dosnt even know where he is. Wait didn't that happen to one of them before, had to call for help during wd if I remember correctly. Yes it was so difficult for us to go for first, that's why we only declared every few hours, and didn't declare for over six hours at a time.i know, you need to feel like you earned the win, and well, you did have to beat RA. And the auction events arnt always won by sup players either I guess since those defense bonuses don't mean anything to us. Got to keep the troops spirits up, rah rah and all that. Trying to stay within a 25k range was definitely harder than coming In first.

Haha he very well may think he's going to take number one in WD too. Then he would be really confused. wait, we've seen that from them already, for the past 17 wars or so. But still, let's give them their sticker for beating the Rebels and taking such a contested full assault. it was a real nail biter creds to you guys for pulling it out amidst so many teams trying to take that spot lol

NEDM
04-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Edit: ooops, posted in the wrong thread.

General Luke
04-24-2014, 10:39 PM
Can't tell if that was sarcastic or not but that was exactly the idea. They can all already beat anybody's defense so why go for more attack? It was a smart decision by them and Osw can finally get themselves first in something haha

SUP has always made it a point to be first, regardless of the prize. I can understand if SUP backed off so they did not have to be handcuffed to a 24 hr event midweek. However, going for defense is not consistent with their past history. I have no affiliation with any top 5 team.

steelhead
04-24-2014, 11:17 PM

Its not about raid boss. Thats nothing for sup. Those def boosts are for the long run. Cause of the att boosts, sup can be attacked by osw. With enough def they might stop that. They made just one mistake. One of them should've gone for first place, to prevent osw for taking the best attack boost. And every full assault take the first spot on turn, so the other can take the best def boost.
Ps. Just looking from strategic point of view. Not attached to both sides.

lemonhaze
04-24-2014, 11:27 PM
Its not about raid boss. Thats nothing for sup. Those def boosts are for the long run. Cause of the att boosts, sup can be attacked by osw. With enough def they might stop that. They made just one mistake. One of them should've gone for first place, to prevent osw for taking the best attack boost. And every full assault take the first spot on turn, so the other can take the best def boost.
Ps. Just looking from strategic point of view. Not attached to both sides.
its gonna take alot more def then 20% to stop osw from attacking them and sweating breaking a streak...im surprised gree has contiuned with the attack bonus for 1st and not start putting 30-40% Def up there..

Dutchie
04-25-2014, 12:13 AM
So, a thread on OSW and le sets stays up all day and when someone posts a list of sup players that have 300 wrapper prizes for 22 le sets (and there a dozen other sup1 and sup2 members with the same), the post GETS TAKEN DOWN IN 10 MINUTES and EVERYONE WHO POSTED GETS BANNED???? Ryan67 and others violated multiple terms of service and...nothing!

Let's start with j who has 300, Stephen, when are you banning him?

The stinkster (Corey) is another!!

Moderators, it is UNBELIEVABLY TRANSPARENT when you BLATENTLY favoring SUP.

Stephen and gene, when are you booting your "hackers" in your own words???

Yawn... So boring reading this crap all the time. If you have issues, raise a ticket with GREE support. You are just embarrassing yourself on here. If you think the dice are loaded, stop playing this game. To keep posting this drivel as nauseam is a disservice to this community.

Robespierre
04-25-2014, 12:18 AM
im surprised gree has contiuned with the attack bonus for 1st and not start putting 30-40% Def up there..

I'm surprised that the typical top team didn't just throw a big tantrum that the top prizes weren't good enough, like what happened in the Mexico cycle (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?68956-The-top-3-prizes-is-Garbage-in-Mexico&highlight=mexico+prizes).

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2247352/temper-tantrum-o.gif

However, glad to know that there is no longer an undefeated team in this silliest of silly games.

In all hilarity, thanks for the nice read about stones thrown in glass houses (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?89897-Top-team-exploiting-a-glitch). I bet if you tried to explain the concerns about this to anyone that doesn't play the game, that 1) they would think you have a "problem" that requires professional help, and 2) a conservatorship for your vast wealth is substantially justified.

tambour.de_ville
04-25-2014, 01:28 AM
Defense boost, attack boost, say what? LOL

Ryans67
04-25-2014, 08:43 AM
Yea, OSW won an event where the top 3 SUP teams didn't bother to compete. Huge accomplishment guys. :rolleyes:

Like others said, we have far more attack boost than we need. We can stop collecting boosts for 6 months and still be able to attack any legit player in the game. We have asked for balance, but everyone should know that Gree wants the attack imbalance. If every player can be hit, WD scores rise. This isn't a SUP only issue, every team is seeing it. As every player grows strong enough to have a target on every team, you lose the "cheap wins". Plus that adrenaline kicks in and battle scores go crazy. Every player has to adapt to the game Gree hands us.... No changing that.

As for raid boss, the raw stat increase is minimal. We spend the first 2-3 hours completing the event, and then we go help lower teams. No single prize in this game would impact our abilities to do that.

Some argue that that 5% alliance boost negates the 20% air boost. Not true. 5% attack becomes less valuable as most players shift to an army populated with a single class of units. I personally think Gree screwed up on the recent unit releases.... A smart player shifts to a single class (growlers for many) and is now able to chase single boosts as they return the most value for their gold. Last crate event was worthless, and you will see players refuse to spend if the boost doesn't fit their army.

Twist of Cain
04-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Yea, OSW won an event where the top 3 SUP teams didn't bother to compete. Huge accomplishment guys. :rolleyes:

Like others said, we have far more attack boost than we need. We can stop collecting boosts for 6 months and still be able to attack any legit player in the game. We have asked for balance, but everyone should know that Gree wants the attack imbalance. If every player can be hit, WD scores rise. This isn't a SUP only issue, every team is seeing it. As every player grows strong enough to have a target on every team, you lose the "cheap wins". Plus that adrenaline kicks in and battle scores go crazy. Every player has to adapt to the game Gree hands us.... No changing that.

As for raid boss, the raw stat increase is minimal. We spend the first 2-3 hours completing the event, and then we go help lower teams. No single prize in this game would impact our abilities to do that.

Some argue that that 5% alliance boost negates the 20% air boost. Not true. 5% attack becomes less valuable as most players shift to an army populated with a single class of units. I personally think Gree screwed up on the recent unit releases.... A smart player shifts to a single class (growlers for many) and is now able to chase single boosts as they return the most value for their gold. Last crate event was worthless, and you will see players refuse to spend if the boost doesn't fit their army.

"Last crate event was worthless, and you will see players refuse to spend if the boost doesn't fit their army".

This part right here was very interesting. I wonder if Gree will figure it out.

Web323
04-25-2014, 09:23 AM

It was a given to me that you guys would aim for that prize since you already are heavy in attack bonuses and most have at least a 300 million stat difference between attack / defense

justsomedood5
04-25-2014, 12:34 PM

I can only assume this is sarcasm. You know boosts of any kind (attack or defense) have no impact on the raid boss event, right?

AlexFoo
04-25-2014, 01:42 PM
I can only assume this is sarcasm. You know boosts of any kind (attack or defense) have no impact on the raid boss event, right?

lol shhhhh stop making sense ;)

lemonhaze
04-25-2014, 01:46 PM
lol no he didnt know that at all