PDA

View Full Version : "server unresponsive" at login after updating new version

TheEvolution
04-24-2014, 12:21 PM
Anyone getting "server unresponsive" upon login attempt? Game was fine, I updated today, was able to login in at first but last 3 hrs have continually seen quote above. I reinstalled game, just updated to iOS 7.1 yet still says same thing. I'm at a loss and wondering if anyone else has this problem. Acct in only L87, I play casually but never spent a dime on game and have crappy stats and iph.... #clueless

MadAtWorld
04-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Anyone getting "server unresponsive" upon login attempt? Game was fine, I updated today, was able to login in at first but last 3 hrs have continually seen quote above. I reinstalled game, just updated to iOS 7.1 yet still says same thing. I'm at a loss and wondering if anyone else has this problem. Acct in only L87, I play casually but never spent a dime on game and have crappy stats and iph.... #clueless

Yes. 8 members of our faction so far that I am aware of. Which is about 2/3 of the ones who did the update. Their hollering and cursing clued everyone else in to not try. Really hard to stop that ball rolling when they finally get the bulk but option. People are just rolling the dice and hoping they aren't one of the ones that get their tail caught in the slamming door.

I see there has been no response from a mod. Shall we set a timer and see how long it takes?

OBAMASMAMA
04-24-2014, 12:46 PM
Dang a long while without me getting smacked by a bug. But I got it today. Right as the team was coming for a top 50 spot

pick_sax
04-24-2014, 01:05 PM
yep. alot! gree does it again.

Thommyknocker
04-24-2014, 02:06 PM
I'm still locked out because of this

Vercingetorix
04-24-2014, 02:50 PM
Don't delete the app and reinstall. I lost millions in stats.

Thommyknocker
04-24-2014, 03:05 PM
I just deleted and reinstalled

Worked on my mini

Penelope cornmuffin
04-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Been locked out for several hours now 😣😢

Chief HoH
04-24-2014, 03:41 PM
Same issue with me 2 hours now without been able to connect to the game...after the update...surprise And no game

Ghost Unit 1551
04-24-2014, 04:10 PM
Wow, I don't believe it, we got "whacked again" people with this so-called "Update"👌…
Though I don't understand because I downloaded the "Update" over six hours ago and have played on and off for several hours without a problem and then at 1300 hours (1pm PST) that extremely disconcerting prompt started appearing…
Boy-o-boy…😕

bam bam.
04-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Locked out too. Gree, seriously smack heads culd do a better job

Ky_Gill
04-24-2014, 04:27 PM
Still can't get on.. This is ridiculous. Didn't the update say (Bug fixes) Performance and Stablility enhancements? LOL! What a joke...yet again.. And I'm sure, like always, there will be no compensation for missing the raid boss challenge and everything else that comes with not being able to log onto the game.

Mikethegreat88
04-24-2014, 04:33 PM
I'm locked out too. Mods??? Any acknowledgement?

Apollo BSG
04-24-2014, 04:43 PM
Once again gree fracks up a one horse parade! I'm locked out too!

Penelope cornmuffin
04-24-2014, 04:44 PM
Has anyone else tried to delete and reinstall? I want to but am afraid it will screw up my account more

Swamp rat
04-24-2014, 05:01 PM
Same with mine. I went down 30 minutes ago we were just about to finish the normal mode of the raid boss. I hope I get the unit and bonus when they finish it.

valient
04-24-2014, 05:10 PM
Same thing happened to me. Error on startup. Unrecognized server response. Please try again in a few moments. Is it iOS or MW or both? Fix it please

Tardavic
04-24-2014, 05:17 PM
Guys, we are looking into this issue.

Mikethegreat88
04-24-2014, 05:19 PM
Delete and reinstall works! Everything back to normal. Someone in my faction tried it first. Worked for them too.

Ghost Unit 1551
04-24-2014, 05:36 PM
Guys, we are looking into this issue.
Thanks for letting everyone know that you're actually aware of the problem, I'm sure everyone appreciates it. But waiting over 4 hours to do so is unconscionable, you should be flogged…⏰

Colonel Joe
04-24-2014, 05:50 PM
Delete and reinstall works! Everything back to normal. Someone in my faction tried it first. Worked for them too.

Ok, how did you reinstall to ensure that you had all your Attack and Defense units with there bonuses?

Mikethegreat88
04-24-2014, 05:58 PM
All of your game data is stored in Gree's servers, not your device. So if you delete and reinstall the game, all data gets put back in your game.

Penelope cornmuffin
04-24-2014, 06:20 PM
I did delete and reinstall and it worked for me. Stats didn't go down at all either.

DC2
04-24-2014, 06:27 PM
Considering doing a delete and then not reinstalling

Swamp rat
04-24-2014, 06:37 PM
I deleted and reinstalled. But I've dropped 1m in stats I'm where I was before the Assault event and them some. I hope it will correct it self soon.

Jeff44
04-24-2014, 07:39 PM
What's bad is all the units being missed out from all the events!!!

iViper
04-24-2014, 07:43 PM
This has affected me as well.
I can't open the game.
I'm hesitant to delete and re-install, lose stats and then get told by GREE that it wasn't the recommended thing to do!
So do we just sit and wait though while the event goes on and our faction fights without the ones who updated?
Sit and wait while my buildings get raided?
Would be nice if GREE posted a thread of it's own acknowledging the problem and advising on what to do, rather than just posting a one liner in a thread created by a player.

Ghost Unit 1551
04-24-2014, 07:54 PM
Considering doing a delete and then not reinstalling

Thanks for making me laugh DC2, I needed that…🎁
So I reluctantly deleted the game on my 4s and reinstalled it, and it worked…😓
After 5 minutes or so everything came back including my 400🌲🌳 trees, (it's a Northern California thing). And I found myself in a hail of gunfire as my faction was relentlessly attacking the Raid Boss…🙀
Boy it's good to be back…🏃_________💥🔫😈

Ky_Gill
04-24-2014, 08:08 PM
I very wearily deleted and reinstalled, first log in everything seemed to be rebooting, and my stats were down a tiny bit. So I closed it and reopened and everything was fine and back to normal after that!

mangkali
04-24-2014, 11:25 PM
I am now stucked. Unable to login. Pls help.....

DILL3NGER
04-25-2014, 01:16 AM
Ok, I'm about to uninstall and reinstall. If this doesn't work, I'm going to hunt down all of you that said it would work.

DILL3NGER
04-25-2014, 01:36 AM
Ok, I'm about to uninstall and reinstall. If this doesn't work, I'm going to hunt down all of you that said it would work.

Ok it worked, you got lucky.

Stats actually went up as well. :cool:

Colonel Joe
04-25-2014, 03:06 AM
All of your game data is stored in Gree's servers, not your device. So if you delete and reinstall the game, all data gets put back in your game.

Hooah, took the leap of faith and it worked for me too! Thank you!!!

PrinceDuncan
04-25-2014, 03:14 AM
Deleted and reinstalled worked for about 10 minutes before I couldn't log in again. Just long enough to see the last two LE buildings, all4 of them, gone.

SpikeyKit
04-25-2014, 05:31 AM
Odd auto updated on my llp, working fine, wont risk my main though jic

James Sobel
04-25-2014, 06:20 AM
Updated modern war. Came back with unrecognized sever response when trying to start game. What now?

valient
04-25-2014, 06:44 AM
Where are you on fixing this GREE ??? Should we wait or take a chance on deleting the app ??

milankovitch
04-25-2014, 08:01 AM
Have 3 or 4 members locked out. still waiting.

TARDAVIC.. does GREE have have a preferred method of dealing with this or should people sit and wait?

Lars Player
04-25-2014, 08:10 AM
Ditto.... I've had this problem for over 12 hours now.. HELLOOOOOO?... anyone home at Gree?

Lars Player
04-25-2014, 08:36 AM
Ditto.... I've had this problem for over 12 hours now.. HELLOOOOOO?... anyone home at Gree?

okay... I took the risk.. and trashed my game and reloaded... everything seems resolved now... might be nice to have some sort of heads up from Gree when these things could potentially happen.. if I missed it.. apologies.

milankovitch
04-25-2014, 08:54 AM
For those of you who have had success with uninstall/reinstall. Did you lose any gold? players in my faction worried about losing gold on uninstall. Some received message about gree games and potential for losing "coins" on uninstall/reinstall. i'm not sure if it is related or not.
Thanks

valient
04-25-2014, 08:58 AM
I broke down and deleted &'reinstalled the app. I first used my mini to check my main's stats. After reinstalling my main my stats were down and I didn't have the Zambia unit. I restarted MW and recovered the unit, my stats were up and I got my faction raid boss rewards. So in my case all is well except for 18 hour or so gaming loss

Chief HoH
04-25-2014, 09:28 AM
It would be nice if Gree provides some official guidance on the issue not leaving players out trying to fix it.
Since I also believe reply to our tickets will take some time.

Dmason1
04-25-2014, 09:51 AM
What is being done about this. Hello. .......

Dmason1
04-25-2014, 10:31 AM
Deleted app reinstall I'm back but down 1 mill attack defense games slow won't load all the way.

kk92
04-25-2014, 10:56 AM
Reinstaling didn't do any thing

Swamp rat
04-25-2014, 11:25 AM
I was back up and running after my reinstall but I'm down again! How am I supposed to get the wrapper reward if half the time I'm not able to participate? I've already put gold into it as well

James Sobel
04-25-2014, 11:53 AM
Will I lose all my stats if I delete modern war and reinstall?

James Sobel
04-25-2014, 12:16 PM
Yes. 8 members of our faction so far that I am aware of. Which is about 2/3 of the ones who did the update. Their hollering and cursing clued everyone else in to not try. Really hard to stop that ball rolling when they finally get the bulk but option. People are just rolling the dice and hoping they aren't one of the ones that get their tail caught in the slamming door.

I see there has been no response from a mod. Shall we set a timer and see how long it takes?

Is uninstalling the same as deleting? Where do I find the uninstall?

milankovitch
04-25-2014, 12:16 PM
Two members of our faction were able to uninstall/reinstall and are back in game. no unit/stat/gold loss reported.

alphacharlie
04-25-2014, 01:19 PM
I just got my server error too... Very nice. I hope my gold on Lv100 did not go to waste GREE!!! Still no fix???

Agent Orange
04-25-2014, 02:57 PM
Is uninstalling the same as deleting? Where do I find the uninstall?

This is actually a VERY important question.

If you are on IOS just click and hold the app icon until the x appears and then delete it. Your game data is stored on the Gree servers but there is also a file that is hidden in your IOS system so that your account data can be recovered. This is why a reset of your IOS device has dire consequences as that file is nuked along with your account. Best thing to do is take a screen grab of your players profile or better still start a ticket under the contact Support menu and then email that data to yourself or just send in a ticket thanking support for their hard work and no I am not being sarcastic I think they would appreciate a thank you now and then.

If you are on Android you need to be careful that you do not nuke all of the game data or you will loose you account. So log into the system controls, select apps, scroll down to Modern War and click the uninstall button. Do not click on clear data or whatever that other option is that I don't remember off the top of my head as you will nuke your account data if I recollect.

Bobbycox2424
04-25-2014, 03:10 PM
I got ppl saying to delete and re dl the game that it works and other ppl saying they lost everything ! Im on ios and have all the latest software dls !! What should i do

Agent Orange
04-25-2014, 03:34 PM
I got ppl saying to delete and re dl the game that it works and other ppl saying they lost everything ! Im on ios and have all the latest software dls !! What should i do

Read the post above yours....

Charonix
04-25-2014, 03:47 PM
I get invalid response from server rather than server unresponsive so might be multiple issues.
Was ok for a couple of hours this afternoon but apart from that has been down for a day.
That's on my iPhone. iPad is fine.

Chief HoH
04-25-2014, 04:07 PM
I deleted the app And upload it again, for the past 3 hours is working fine, for now. BTW thanks to other players that found a solution And not to the service provider. No gold missing for my And stats ok.
The sugestion made above agente orange is also a safety net, just in case anything came up again in the future.

James Sobel
04-25-2014, 04:10 PM
I deleted and reinstalled . Everything work fine now.
On my iPad. No losses

sunexec
04-25-2014, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=TheEvolution;1276967]Anyone getting "server unresponsive" upon login attempt? Game was fine, I updated today, was able to login in at first but last 3 hrs have continually seen quote above. I reinstalled game, just updated to iOS 7.1 yet still says same thing. I'm at a loss and wondering if anyone else has this problem. Acct in only L87, I play casually but never spent a dime on game and have crappy stats and iph.

ahi have also not been able to get the game started, same message. Hope they fix it soon

sunexec
04-25-2014, 05:07 PM
I am still getting the server unresponsive message so thought I would reinstall. I deleted from my iPad but now will not reinstall. Guess it is adios Gree for me

Napgar
04-25-2014, 07:38 PM
Reinstalling only fixed the problem temporary for me - problem reoccurred after 2 logins - hope it gets resolved soon, loosing out on bosses big time...

Bobbycox2424
04-25-2014, 09:39 PM
Read the post above yours....

Ok when i hit the x it says deleting modern war will also delete all of its data... When i reinstall i will still have everything?

Bobbycox2424
04-25-2014, 10:44 PM
Ok when i hit the x it says deleting modern war will also delete all of its data... When i reinstall i will still have everything?

Hey thank you for the advice... Sorry i asked so many times what you had answered to begin with i was just nervous cuz i had the iphone 4 before i got the 5s and had been playing this game and got to a 94 and my ios software required an update in order to update my game so i ended up losing that account since i could not update the game ! Is there anyway to recover that account on my new phone? Along with keeping my new account?

BlGTEX
04-26-2014, 04:02 AM
Ok well it just happened to 1 of my 7 accounts!!! I'm just Glad that it was the lowest account cuz we were about at the bosses that it couldnt qualify in the boss raid. Wow its been a couple of hours now and still not available to login!!
Thanks Gree>D for spending so much of your profits to make this game better or am i being sarcastic!! lmao :confused:

bam bam.
04-26-2014, 05:40 AM
I reinstalled it yesty n its jus gone on me again. C,mon guys!, get this soughted

bam bam.
04-26-2014, 05:44 AM
GREE Where Are You on THIS Pls?????!??????

BlGTEX
04-26-2014, 05:52 AM
I think this forum works better then the app it supports!:mad: Haven't had any issues with this forum.;) Cant say that for the app tho!!:confused: Good Luck in the app Modern War!!!

BlGTEX
04-26-2014, 06:25 AM
Ok now i have 2 accounts that say (Unrecognized server response Please try again in a few moments)
Is this Gree>D way of giving up and shutting down the servers. If i couldnt maintain servers & keep customers happy i would do the same thing is give up and shut it down!!!!!
Is it time to move on and find a better game. I havent even tried clash of clans yet been to busy with this 1.
Does anyone know if clash of clans is worth the time to try & play it? Maybe its worth a try to see if it has a better developing team!!!

mwfighter
04-26-2014, 06:50 AM
This is actually a VERY important question.

If you are on IOS just click and hold the app icon until the x appears and then delete it. Your game data is stored on the Gree servers but there is also a file that is hidden in your IOS system so that your account data can be recovered. This is why a reset of your IOS device has dire consequences as that file is nuked along with your account. Best thing to do is take a screen grab of your players profile or better still start a ticket under the contact Support menu and then email that data to yourself or just send in a ticket thanking support for their hard work and no I am not being sarcastic I think they would appreciate a thank you now and then.

If you are on Android you need to be careful that you do not nuke all of the game data or you will loose you account. So log into the system controls, select apps, scroll down to Modern War and click the uninstall button. Do not click on clear data or whatever that other option is that I don't remember off the top of my head as you will nuke your account data if I recollect.

Thank you Sir, worked like a charm, plus you provided the reason why it works. +1000

Yahoo
04-26-2014, 07:50 AM
What the **** is going on had to uninstal surfing full assault after updating. Now I got this "unreconized server response" again and had to reinstall on my iPhone 3s.
Also server response has been SLOW and difficult after the first update. It seems even slower now with connection fails and images building up very slowly.
Get it fixed! And test updates before releasing.

Jamescrowe69
04-26-2014, 10:06 AM
So what do we do from here ?

Agent Orange
04-26-2014, 10:39 AM

Yes, it will save everything but I always screen grab just in case.

Agent Orange
04-26-2014, 10:42 AM
What the **** is going on had to uninstal surfing full assault after updating. Now I got this "unreconized server response" again and had to reinstall on my iPhone 3s.
Also server response has been SLOW and difficult after the first update. It seems even slower now with connection fails and images building up very slowly.
Get it fixed! And test updates before releasing.

iPhone 3s? Do you mean 5s and did you run the latest IOS update? Or is it an iPhone 3 which Apple stopped supporting and which might be the problem.

Agent Orange
04-26-2014, 10:42 AM
So what do we do from here ?

Typically nothing.

Agent Orange
04-26-2014, 10:56 AM
Thank you Sir, worked like a charm, plus you provided the reason why it works. +1000

Happy to have helped! And thanks!

bam bam.
04-26-2014, 04:46 PM
O wouldn't ya know. Game crashed again(3rd time n counting). I've spent a couple grand on this game over a yr n a half n they cant even give me a status update as to when they r fixing this mess. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrree!

Hiei
04-26-2014, 05:47 PM
I haven't been able to log in for 3 days now. Been uninstalling and reinstalling the app non-stop. Idk what else to do.

Charonix
04-26-2014, 06:23 PM
No problems with the iPad but I'm on the 5th reinstall on the iPhone. Sometimes it fails a couple of times then comes back but seems to have problems every couple of hours.

Denerio9
04-26-2014, 07:03 PM
Had server error @ 1030 am my time
Tried going on for few hours
Reinstalled & took forever for that
Saw my stats & viewed my units & donated cash
To faction : i hit a few of my goals & my previous goal
Was 1 hit away from prize so i hit the goal & before i even
Got my prize the game crashed & i am back to server error

Oski
04-26-2014, 09:33 PM
I am tired of deleting and reinstalling MW two/three times a day. Do you people ever work over in San Francisco?

bam bam.
04-27-2014, 07:56 AM
And silence.....these guys

Big John
04-27-2014, 10:08 AM
Having connection issues all weekend.

Batchief
04-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Having connection issues all weekend.

Add me to the list. Have a repair ticket in and waiting since yesterday. Hope I don't lose too many units from being raided and attacked.

Sultan of smack
04-27-2014, 12:04 PM
Yes this is day 2 being down because of server, lost all my money to raids and also hurting my faction because I can't help with the bosses!!!! Beyond aggravated!!!

bam bam.
04-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Yes this is day 2 being down because of server, lost all my money to raids and also hurting my faction because I can't help with the bosses!!!! Beyond aggravated!!!

Don't worry, u will never get an apology nor will reparations be considered. U will b ignored and taken for granted whilst they do the barest minimum to limp by. All whilst us gold spenders walk away from this abuse.

Agent Orange
04-27-2014, 03:36 PM
Guys after plodding through the rest of this thread I have to say that if I was working for Gree I have to ask you characters if you thought I was psychic, how in the world could anyone figure out the problem based on the non existant information you guys are posting.

#1 are you on IOS or Android?
#2 if you are on IOS did you install the latest 7.1.1 update (btw I would NOT)
#3 if you are on Android which app store is your app from, why you ask? Because the version on the Playstore is DIFFERENT then the one on 1 mobileM
#4 are you jailbroken.... This could be a way to remove hackers.....

In any event there isn't a hope in hell of trying to figure this out with what you guys are posting now!

Batchief
04-27-2014, 03:55 PM
Guys after plodding through the rest of this thread I have to say that if I was working for Gree I have to ask you characters if you thought I was psychic, how in the world could anyone figure out the problem based on the non existant information you guys are posting.

#1 are you on IOS or Android?
#2 if you are on IOS did you install the latest 7.1.1 update (btw I would NOT)
#3 if you are on Android which app store is your app from, why you ask? Because the version on the Playstore is DIFFERENT then the one on 1 mobileM
#4 are you jailbroken.... This could be a way to remove hackers.....

In any event there isn't a hope in hell of trying to figure this out with what you guys are posting now!

On IPad without the 7.1.1 update. got a reply from Gree. they are working on problem. They recommended uninstalling and reinstalling game. I followed those instructions and it worked for me.

Roploplo
04-28-2014, 02:42 AM
Hi all,

Just updated to ios 4.0.1 and i now get a non responsive server.
I do not know my modern war id or funzio id. So am scared to delete and reinstall game as i will loose my player!

Where can i find my mw id if someone from my faction looks at my profile?
Can you tell me how to ressolve this bug? It has cost me the individual, faction and bonus units for the current event. Plus all my cash from buildings which by now must all be raided....

Thanks

Roploplo

Sierra Hotel
04-28-2014, 06:05 AM
Hi all,

Just updated to ios 4.0.1 and i now get a non responsive server.
I do not know my modern war id or funzio id.

Where can i find my mw id if someone from my faction looks at my profile?

Your invite code is not visible to faction members as far as I know.

I also got the unresponsive server error after updating to 4.0.1 but I was able to delete MW/install from scratch and it worked for me (but I had a Funzo ID and know my invite code)

TheJester
04-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Iphone 4 IOS 6.1.3 NOT 7.1.1.

Deleted & re-installed, still not working.

I heard that GREE have stopped some phone support?

Surely not Iphone ????

Big John
04-28-2014, 12:09 PM
I have 3 devices all iOS and the worst is iPhone 4s.

All have the latest updates but phone lags and cant always connect but has always lagged with raid boss.

Tardavic
04-28-2014, 06:45 PM
This issue should now be resolved. If you continue to experience this issue, please let us know!

Thanks!

bam bam.
04-29-2014, 03:22 AM
This issue should now be resolved. If you continue to experience this issue, please let us know!

Thanks!

Where was the communication when all of this was happening mate?

For days we have been kept in the dark as to the status of this and other issues. Personally I've left my two factions n gone camping. I am no longer spending or even participating in this game until I see communication between the top n the bottom consistently. Know the lack of transparency and open communication is pushing ur paying customers out the door.

I resigned from both factions but was kept as a member due to my last performances. A sense of loyalty from my crews to me as I have always been open, honest and transparent with them. You do this for ur customers they will stay with u thru thick n thin.

Improve. Now!