PDA

View Full Version : HEy guys just a quick thing. All Old timers please read

boardgames rule
04-23-2014, 09:50 AM
Hey,
a bunch of you probably dont know who I am, but some of the old time guys might recognize me. I joined this forum and played back in the day when the game was fun. I was a free player and just enjoyed the game. About a year ago, or so gree changed things and brought in these more gold heavy events that were very time consuming. I stuck around for a few events but the game became a job/chore for me. I retired from this game and all the other gree games is was playing (MQ,KA,CC). I left the forum and got on with my life. I realised there was more to this life then playing a stupid game, when the good life is out in the real world with friends and family. Enjoying nature, outside activites and hanging around with friends. I value this much more then little games. Today I decided to pop back on the forum and see whats going on in MW. I was deeply saddened when I looked at the annoucments and such, and saw the crazy stat infaltion that has occured. WHen i first joined a unit with 150/100 was considered really good and even after the battle for greenland, and brazil (a long time ago) units in the low thousands were top rewards and required alot of gold to get. Dont let MW rule your life, take a break. I would like to see who of the old time guys/gals are still on here and also encourage you all to get out in the real world and enjoy it.
Thats all i have to say,
BGR

ladyfizz27
04-23-2014, 10:11 AM
Hello BGR. Long time no see. I'm glad to see you are doing well :)

Thief
04-23-2014, 10:56 AM
Hey BGR! Glad to see your name pop up again!

Yea things have certainly changed alot since those first WD events when top 10 was a 4k unit.

I've definately taken a back seat in this game (as the time commitments keep going up) but have a hard time going cold turkey it seems. The important thing to remember is there are other things out in the world.

Glad to hear your doing well old friend.

Calimerow
04-23-2014, 11:02 AM
Indeed thief

Auspex
04-23-2014, 11:39 AM
Hey BGR. Nice to hear from you. The stat inflation is wild and we still can not sort our units. I hadn't noticed for a few months all I did was log on once or twice a week to collect my raided buildings donate to faction and start a new upgrade. Hope your finding enough fun in life outside of "cell phone games".

Strategy has changed, several times this year. The social aspect is the biggest hold the game seems to have anymore. If it weren't for factions I'm sure the game would have tanked by now. We do need better chat functions. Some people don't even play anymore but still chat on the various outside apps.

With all the new changes it seems fun again for a while

Jhenry02
04-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Hello bgr.

-jason

MadManDK
04-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Hi Buddy,

Good to hear you're doing great.

I used to have all the Boss event units from the first ... I don't know how many ... Boss events, but now they are all gone, worth nothing with the insane almost 1k stats, lol.

Anyhow, back to real life :-)

Chimera
04-23-2014, 07:23 PM
I remember you quit because you were starting college and needed to give that more attention.
How did school go for you?

Mcdoc
04-23-2014, 10:31 PM
Nice to see you pop in old friend :)

the MW is quite the tailspin with all of these simultaneous events and the stat inflation is absolutely absurd.

just 5 weeks ago - I had climbed my stats to an unreal 55 million - and in the last 5 weeks have climbed to 455 million!

Now It seems - you have to have stats equal or greater to One Million per level to even have a chance to keep up.

glad to hear you are enjoying life. I used to come to MW for an enjoyable "escape" from real life - now MW has turned into one of the stressors - uggggh - but I can't quite seem to put the needle down :)

Stay away - the water isn't very nice anymore and the undertow is a real hum dinger :)

boardgames rule
04-24-2014, 07:19 AM
@Chimera I have enjoyed college so far. This year I am finishing up junior year of high school and took 5 classes at a college. Next year I am planing to go for 8 courses for the entire year. Nice to see all you old timers again. Glad you all are doing well. @Mcdoc That is crazy stats. I remember when the top pirate had a mil stats and that was crazy high. Nice to see u thief and ladyfizz as well as madman,jhenry and auspex. HOpe you all are doing well. OH and did Ferr stop playing? or is he still around?
BGR

boardgames rule
04-24-2014, 07:22 AM
and has WarPriest, Bronson and bigflan ever showed up again? THose guys were top forum dudes.

vball
04-24-2014, 11:15 AM
BGR!!!

good to see you again.

Bronson is still alive and kicking. We were in a faction together till the leader retired.

Many of the old timers are still here, but sadly not all of them. I think most of us avoid the boards for the most part as it is filled with trolls.

Still threads like this and Miners are welcome and enjoyed.

We should create an old timers group in Groupme. I am privileged to be in VFF lounge and nice to see so many familiar faces.

Take care all you old timers out there.

Mcdoc
04-25-2014, 04:58 AM
We should create an old timers group in Groupme. I am privileged to be in VFF lounge and nice to see so many familiar faces.

Take care all you old timers out there.

i think the VFF Lounge in GroupMe IS the Old Timers hang out :)

Agent Orange
04-25-2014, 06:36 AM
Run BGR run!! Haaa just kidding, how's it going.

Ericinico
04-25-2014, 09:27 PM
I just happened to stop by today too. Looks like GREEd is still milking their cash cow...

BlGTEX
04-26-2014, 04:52 AM
Good to see Vets of the game leave or retire b4 gree pisses you off!! I think they are low on in game purchases and doing all they can to salvage it but in fact looks to be getting worse then better!! I've been playing 4 months and at the rate this game is going i might retire b4 i can even consider my self a veteran! The best thing about MW is the Friends you make while passing time for life to be able to change for the better. Soon my life will no longer need the passing of time bcuz i will be enjoying it without Gree>D B.S & there horrible changes!!! Good Luck to all the vets and there lives without Gree>D. I bet its a blast!!!!

BlGTEX
04-26-2014, 04:53 AM
I think this forum works better then the app it supports!:mad: Haven't had any issues with this forum.;) Cant say that for the app tho!!:confused: Good Luck in the app Modern War!!!

boardgames rule
04-27-2014, 12:42 PM
agent orange, its going good, finishing up college classes soon in may, and recovering from a shoulder surgery, and getting ready for summer trips and work.

Modern War Sam
04-28-2014, 12:37 PM
Exactly how long has this game been running? Does anyone know? I have been on 2 years but i have no idea how long the game has been going.