PDA

View Full Version : Idea to keep the game alive.

MadAtWorld
04-23-2014, 08:47 AM
Gree,

I know the purpose for YOU is making money. And the purpose for US is having a game to play. In my experience, when you have something that depends on people, you need as many or more coming in as you do leaving. The problem is this: you have structured the game so that it is intensely difficult for any new players to even become competitive enough to want to spend money and they too leave.

So, how to fix this.... Raid Boss and Full Assault are what they are. But where energy FLTQs are concerned, I don't know of anyone who can argue that these are in any way other than laughable for new accounts. When I first started playing, the total energy requirement was somewhere near what the single final target is all by itself now. Since the amount of energy you get to use has not gone up, and the max level is still 300, energy events have become nothing more than a gold gouge.

I am not saying make it easy. Or even doable without a little gold. But the only way you are going to get the little guys to spend money, is for them to be able to participate in the first place. So maybe have the LTQ based on level. FLTQ targets remain the same. But the Indiv portion of the event is different for different tier levels. For example, the highest level players would do the targets as they are now. The tier below them, instead of doing 100k total energy, they do 90k, and the tier lower 80k. Just make the total number of targets less. Too easy. If you can do it for a Epic Boss based on levels, you can for sure do it on LTQs. That way, the new guys have a reason to stay. HOPE.

Agent Orange
04-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Something to keep in mind though it may have changed, the lowest levels do not gain access to F/LTQs until they reach certain levels and unlock the maps.... Also at one point though this seems also to have changed, you had to have certain levels of unit buildings unlocked though I have not seen that recently.

There is a huge disconnect in the low levels,guys can put their ULLPs (Ultra LLP) into a faction and build a monster that nobody can touch down there. Bet that causes a lot of new players to say screw it.

In a way these current events try to take that into account with the beginner level but not everyone can access them. Perhaps as well as limiting event access limit faction access.

The one thing I really liked in the very low levels was that strategy really made a difference but that was offset by a lack of useful information that brand new players could use so again a seasoned player wirh an ULLP is going to clean up.

mwfighter
04-23-2014, 09:30 AM
Gree,

I know the purpose for YOU is making money. And the purpose for US is having a game to play. In my experience, when you have something that depends on people, you need as many or more coming in as you do leaving. The problem is this: you have structured the game so that it is intensely difficult for any new players to even become competitive enough to want to spend money and they too leave.

So, how to fix this.... Raid Boss and Full Assault are what they are. But where energy FLTQs are concerned, I don't know of anyone who can argue that these are in any way other than laughable for new accounts. When I first started playing, the total energy requirement was somewhere near what the single final target is all by itself now. Since the amount of energy you get to use has not gone up, and the max level is still 300, energy events have become nothing more than a gold gouge.

I am not saying make it easy. Or even doable without a little gold. But the only way you are going to get the little guys to spend money, is for them to be able to participate in the first place. So maybe have the LTQ based on level. FLTQ targets remain the same. But the Indiv portion of the event is different for different tier levels. For example, the highest level players would do the targets as they are now. The tier below them, instead of doing 100k total energy, they do 90k, and the tier lower 80k. Just make the total number of targets less. Too easy. If you can do it for a Epic Boss based on levels, you can for sure do it on LTQs. That way, the new guys have a reason to stay. HOPE.

The ridiculous energy amounts to finish LTQs affect high level as well. No matter if you're L300 and all skill points are in energy, no matter how many energy + bonuses you have the amount of gold to finish is absurd. This does not affect new players or low levels.

For a good year new players / low levels enjoyed massive benefits of easy Epic Bosses that gave the biggest stat boosts with little or no gold, where as LTQs never gave bonuses and were always gold intensive. Now they give bonuses and require magnitudes more gold.

New players and low level also enjoy way higher WD points so its cheaper / easier to reach minimums to be in the same faction as a high level.

There's advantages and disadvantages to everything, but Gree made a concerted efforts to penalize high players since the second WD.

New players / low level mostly avoid LTQs because of the XP, so its a small percentage that want to do this.

bam bam.
04-23-2014, 10:21 AM
Proper beta testing. Talk with your customers. Be transparent. Have values. Have fun. Looks like no one at gree nor any of the gamers are happy.

Management in this company must not be gamers. They could not possibly play this game and make these ridiculous decisions

bam bam.
04-23-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm going camping...