PDA

View Full Version : Dear GREE, smaller changes are better.

Rjc
04-20-2014, 09:01 PM
I'm sure I'm not the first person to suggest to gree to stop the sweeping changes, but that's what needs to be done.

If lvl 250s are scoring less because there are no higher lvls. Increase the amount they score.
Don't change the scoring for everyone.

If you change the algorithm to reduce the variance in the scoring. Test it to make sure it works
Whatever change you have made has not reduced the variance.

What it has done is to reduce the scoring across the board.

So lvl 250s have not seen any improvement. And everyone else has less points.

Maybe it's just me, but if you change something. Test it.
Finally, and this is just a suggestion. But try working on making changes that people want. The last few you have implemented have not solved a need that anyone wanted.

RealTeflonDon
04-21-2014, 12:15 AM
Sounds like I beat the game at the right time. I must say, it feels great to no longer be part of GREE's sadistic social experiment.

Gotta tip my hat to GREE though. CC is one fine piece of subliminal masochism. Truly impressive that they can keep on keeping on despite flogging their customer/player-base week in and week out; all for bigger numbers. Virtual ones no less.

Max Power
04-21-2014, 06:14 AM
Sounds like I beat the game at the right time. I must say, it feels great to no longer be part of GREE's sadistic social experiment.

Gotta tip my hat to GREE though. CC is one fine piece of subliminal masochism. Truly impressive that they can keep on keeping on despite flogging their customer/player-base week in and week out; all for bigger numbers. Virtual ones no less.

It's easy to beat this game. Get out of syndicate pressure and form your own, only participate in events that don't eff with your life, do not care about your wall, and if all that bores you, walk away.

Gree plays into the very base psychology of the same people who are gambling addicts. I am amazed at how many people flush years and dollars away from their lives for this tripe.

RealTeflonDon
04-21-2014, 12:21 PM
It's easy to beat this game. Get out of syndicate pressure and form your own, only participate in events that don't eff with your life, do not care about your wall, and if all that bores you, walk away.

Gree plays into the very base psychology of the same people who are gambling addicts. I am amazed at how many people flush years and dollars away from their lives for this tripe.

Throwing out that blanket statement, saying its easy to beat the game, is a little naive imo. Each player places their own value on what the game is worth. For some its certainly easy, where for others it could easily rival quitting a highly addictive drug. I was somewhere in between the two, closer to the bad habit side. If it weren't for the great people in my syndicate I'd have quit long ago. The game itself is terrible, the social interactions were by far the most entertaining part.

Anyways, coming up on the 1 month mark, haven't opened up CC in just as long. Life has improved exponentially since.

Max Power
04-22-2014, 06:38 AM
Throwing out that blanket statement, saying its easy to beat the game, is a little naive imo. Each player places their own value on what the game is worth. For some its certainly easy, where for others it could easily rival quitting a highly addictive drug. I was somewhere in between the two, closer to the bad habit side. If it weren't for the great people in my syndicate I'd have quit long ago. The game itself is terrible, the social interactions were by far the most entertaining part.

Anyways, coming up on the 1 month mark, haven't opened up CC in just as long. Life has improved exponentially since.

So, the game is easy to quit, but you are/were addicted to the social interaction, but now that you have quit that your life has gotten better? 'Kay.

After more than half century on this sphere, naive is not a term I hear often.

RealTeflonDon
04-22-2014, 08:13 AM
No, that's not quite what I was saying and I don't feel like elaborating.

GucciMane
04-23-2014, 06:39 AM
Love how Max Power suggests an alternative way to enjoy the game in every single thread like this and no one actually considers it.

I hear you, my man.

Max Power
04-23-2014, 07:59 AM
Love how Max Power suggests an alternative way to enjoy the game in every single thread like this and no one actually considers it.

I hear you, my man.

LOL...yeah.

Ever time I log into this forum the term "first world problems" pops in my mind.

Cheers!

mitche
04-23-2014, 11:29 AM
Smaller slower changes make sense