PDA

View Full Version : Max WD Points?

robmurphy
04-16-2014, 12:03 PM
Hi guys

I've been playing in WD events from being a baby mini to being a reasonably medium sized 35M attack account. I've won battles against opponents with higher stats than me, lower stats than me. Higher level than me, lower level than me.

And I still can't work out the 'perfect' target to get max WD points. General consensus seems to be attacking someone who's defence is near your attack stats and a higher level (sounds obvious...)

Do we agree with this? Do we know how Gree's algorithm works?

And with regards to the actual points, the best I ever seem to get is about 450 (single hit, not PA), is this the same for everyone?

Rob

elangomatt
04-16-2014, 12:25 PM
I think nearly positive that 450 is the max WD points for a normal hit. I think that there is some randomizer part of the algorithm that causes the huge point fluctuations from hit to hit. I've gotten points ranging from the low 200's up to 450 points from the same exact target. I think that huge point swing is what infuriates people about the WD points. If the range of points for a prime target was 300 to 450 with an average of 375 I think people wouldn't hate so much on the WD points thing.

You'll see some people say that you get fewer points if more than one person is hitting the same target but I've never put much stock in that theory at all. I think they are just trying to put a logical explanation on a place where there is one.

KarenWill
04-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Max WD from a hit is 450 without bonuses

Thief
04-16-2014, 01:25 PM
Yes max is 450.

Unfortunately there is definately a random factor. I can hit someone 100 times and get 450 from them 10 of those times and i can get 200 from them 10 of those times. (and every number between 80 of those times)

Mcdoc
04-17-2014, 03:05 AM
In case you missed this thread - the "random" factor has to do with an imaginary "dice roll" that goes along with each attack that is then calculated against your Attack Skill Points and the defender has his own "dice roll" that is calculated against his def skill points.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38449-Things-we-learned-From-Chef-Pepe-(aka-CCMark)&highlight=Chef+Pepe

Look for post number 67 in this thread for a detailed analysis ^^^^^^^

Or at least that's the way it was originally designed. I have since heard from several sources that a famous Forumite tested (hacked) some code that gave him 1 million def skill points and Gree has never been able to stop this particular hack / glitch - so they just completely disabled the Att / def skill points - don't know if that is completely true - but I have heard it mentioned more than once. So I no longer waste skill point on Att / def - which is sad because I thought I was being strategic with over 300 def skill points.

Which if the points still work - we were told there was actually a range on the "dice roll" that could also turn up a negative number - meaning - your skill points could potentially LOWER your attack and work against you.

i think the link to Chef Pepe's thread has a breakdown of some potential scenarios - I will review it and add more in-depth analysis if it is not already explained :)

Yes, skill points apply to attacking and raiding.
I'm not going to go into the modifier to skill point investments.
I'm not going to discuss the random element.

I've mentioned the random element in combat many times in the past. It is a %+/- applied to your stats after everything else has been calculated. It's not a huge percent, but at higher stat values even a small percent can have a huge difference.

look carefully - CCM revealed that the modifier is a % (roll of a dice at the end of all calculations) that could be a + or a - (so the modifier could work FOR you OR possibly against you). Somewhere he also said each person has their own independent "roll" so that's why the attacker may win 5 or 6 times - then maybe the attacker gets a negative number in the dice roll while the defender gets a positive number - thus explaining sometimes a huge stat flux and random loss

Great topic!

robmurphy
04-17-2014, 08:57 AM
In case you missed this thread - the "random" factor has to do with an imaginary "dice roll" that goes along with each attack that is then calculated against your Attack Skill Points and the defender has his own "dice roll" that is calculated against his def skill points.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38449-Things-we-learned-From-Chef-Pepe-(aka-CCMark)&highlight=Chef+Pepe

Look for post number 67 in this thread for a detailed analysis ^^^^^^^

Or at least that's the way it was originally designed. I have since heard from several sources that a famous Forumite tested (hacked) some code that gave him 1 million def skill points and Gree has never been able to stop this particular hack / glitch - so they just completely disabled the Att / def skill points - don't know if that is completely true - but I have heard it mentioned more than once. So I no longer waste skill point on Att / def - which is sad because I thought I was being strategic with over 300 def skill points.

Which if the points still work - we were told there was actually a range on the "dice roll" that could also turn up a negative number - meaning - your skill points could potentially LOWER your attack and work against you.

i think the link to Chef Pepe's thread has a breakdown of some potential scenarios - I will review it and add more in-depth analysis if it is not already explained :)

look carefully - CCM revealed that the modifier is a % (roll of a dice at the end of all calculations) that could be a + or a - (so the modifier could work FOR you OR possibly against you). Somewhere he also said each person has their own independent "roll" so that's why the attacker may win 5 or 6 times - then maybe the attacker gets a negative number in the dice roll while the defender gets a positive number - thus explaining sometimes a huge stat flux and random loss

Great topic!

Great info Mcdoc.

I'm something of a maths fiend and love to get into the detail. I'll have a look at the other detailed post you refer to.

Agree, great topic

Thanks