PDA

View Full Version : Low casualty rate too high!!!

Homsher
04-16-2014, 06:04 AM
During the last WD Event I was attacked over 1500 times. My penalty for that was a 3million loss of attack and defense! Ever since GREE changed up all of the units the LOW casualty rate is WAY TOO HIGH!!! I loose a "GOOD UNIT" almost every time I Raid/Attack someone or I get Raided/Attacked. I'm just wondering if its just me or if anyone else is having this same issue? :mad:

SPWD
04-16-2014, 06:07 AM
Same here mate.

VikingsVoice
04-16-2014, 06:39 AM
Casualty Rate has been this bad since the China WD ended

jrb22250
04-16-2014, 06:51 AM
Why is it that out of all the units sent in, the one you lose has the highest attack. Take my last unit once or twice not the highest

Cuombajj
04-16-2014, 06:53 AM
I bet you don't have infirmary building upgraded very high, or lots of faction bonuses into casualty reduction? Welcome to cash units, don't think you can just buy and have them. Or have a monster IPH to counter the losses. Buy smaller units until you do.

Gen CheeBye
04-16-2014, 06:54 AM
Change to valor units or golden army.

If not, stop buying expensive cash units.

Lastly, stop raiding and attacking rivals.

There's no perfect solutions unless you have unlimited money to spend.

Homsher
04-16-2014, 07:00 AM
My infirmary is LVL6 at the moment so taking it up to LVL10 another 4% isn't going to make much of a difference...

psuengineer
04-16-2014, 07:53 AM
My infirmary is LVL6 at the moment so taking it up to LVL10 another 4% isn't going to make much of a difference...

Not to bust your stones, but it would actually be 8% :D

richie1105
04-16-2014, 08:09 AM
Build up your iph, and only buy the units you can afford to replace, if I lose a unit in battle I buy 2 bk straight away, and I'm talking lv9 unit building cash units, costing me a fortune but I can afford it

2MblaZ
04-16-2014, 08:50 AM
If you bring your mindset closer to reality of war - have you ever even come across ANY kind of 'indestructible' unit?...

-_-

Agent Orange
04-16-2014, 09:22 AM
I bet you don't have infirmary building upgraded very high, or lots of faction bonuses into casualty reduction? Welcome to cash units, don't think you can just buy and have them. Or have a monster IPH to counter the losses. Buy smaller units until you do.

Actually seemed to get worse after I finally got around to upgrading the infirmary to L10. Or Gree suddenly changed something because yes the highest value cash units are now the most vulnerable.

Seems the infirmary is even more useless now which is not good.

lemonhaze
04-16-2014, 10:02 AM
Actually seemed to get worse after I finally got around to upgrading the infirmary to L10. Or Gree suddenly changed something because yes the highest value cash units are now the most vulnerable.

Seems the infirmary is even more useless now which is not good.
i noticed the same thing AO..last week i had my hospital on 9 and it wasnt so bad..now that i got it on 10 it has got worse..i have all other sorts of cash units that i was gonna use for bait..but when i lose one it seems to be a growler,armour fighter bomber or the expert tactical

Bobar
04-16-2014, 10:08 AM
i noticed the same thing AO..last week i had my hospital on 9 and it wasnt so bad..now that i got it on 10 it has got worse..i have all other sorts of cash units that i was gonna use for bait..but when i lose one it seems to be a growler,armour fighter bomber or the expert tactical

Yes, loosing high units only too. in my case Conflict Destroyer Tanks all the time

Shrinko
04-16-2014, 10:12 AM
I can bet you anything that they increased the casualty rate and messed with what gets destroyed. Every time I loose a unit it is the unit that I got in the Full Assault. Most of the time I loose the tanks that we got for wins in the full assault. They don't take the subs and planes as often at all. It's almost always one of the tanks that I loose when I attack or raid. They give it and then they take it away.

KingDante!
04-16-2014, 10:37 AM
Casualty rate is fine to me

Veccster
04-16-2014, 11:08 AM
If units were difficult to obtain or had a larger influence on your total stats, then I could understand your concern. But I'm guessing you have a pretty high att/def and losing 3m is not going to change much. Also, what is your IPH and how quickly can you regain that 3m loss?

I like that it keeps the game flowing. If you stop playing, your units will get chewed up and your stats drop. If you constantly collect buildings and use money to buy units, you will be fine.

Many are complaining but I think Gree made the game more fair with these changes.

Thief
04-16-2014, 11:17 AM
In the end its about balancing your army.

If you want to purchase 250+ of a single unit type then yes you are going to loose quite a few of them. That is how its always been. Keep your destructible units around 100-150 per type and you won't see them drop very often. Personally i am enjoying when you loose some of your army. It gives it more of an old school flavor to raiding and attacking people.

Yes you can increase your stats alot by adding 3000 growlers to your army but i would expect you would loose 3-5 every time you attacked or got attacked.

Bungle79
04-16-2014, 11:43 AM
The whole point of cash units is that they aren't indestructible. That's what makes the valor units and event prizes special.

Everything seems to be working as it should from where I am standing

What?
04-16-2014, 11:55 AM
The only time I lose a units is when I lose a fight or the stats are very close to similar. If I have twice the stats, I never lose a unit. Even when I'm attacked or raided and lose, I maybe lose 1 unit every 12-20 defenses. Currently my army has 1200+ captain growlers and I've probably lost 25 so far in 2000 attacks. My android is very different, but I also don't have the reduction in casualty rates my iOS has. On that I can't even see how many units I lost because the news says ... I maybe lost 2 units, or 20 I really don't know.

elangomatt
04-16-2014, 12:02 PM
I think the issue here is that most of us have gotten used to having a nearly or completely indestructible army at this point. Full assault is the first event that I can remember that has handed out units that are destructible. Those units are going to be taken to battle for a large percentage of people because of their relatively good stats. Like others have said, when you are bringing hundreds and hundreds of the same destructible unit to battle you're going to lose some. There used to be a time when much of your army consisted of the old crappy cash units and you lost 2, 3, or even 4 units every single attack/raid. People complained about the casualty rate back then too, but most people just dealt with it since it was part of the game.

Jhenry02
04-16-2014, 02:31 PM
If you bring your mindset closer to reality of war - have you ever even come across ANY kind of 'indestructible' unit?...

-_-

Chuck Norris

lemonhaze
04-16-2014, 03:07 PM
If units were difficult to obtain or had a larger influence on your total stats, then I could understand your concern. But I'm guessing you have a pretty high att/def and losing 3m is not going to change much. Also, what is your IPH and how quickly can you regain that 3m loss?

I like that it keeps the game flowing. If you stop playing, your units will get chewed up and your stats drop. If you constantly collect buildings and use money to buy units, you will be fine.

Many are complaining but I think Gree made the game more fair with these changes.
yes it does not affect me as much bc my iph is 50.2m but i have 3100 conflict tanks and loads of other air units that i bought for the purpose of letting them die but instead they choose the 10m,12.5m and the 15.8m units..i can always buy them back faster then i lose then but they shouldnt put LOW on there they should put MED on the high end units

lemonhaze
04-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Chuck Norris

steven stegall him and chuck norris are the only 2 that can fight and get punched and never have a bruise or bleed lol

Agent Orange
04-16-2014, 04:27 PM
steven stegall him and chuck norris are the only 2 that can fight and get punched and never have a bruise or bleed lol

Seagull, naaa. Gene Labell yup, Norris yup.

BlGTEX
04-17-2014, 07:04 AM
I agree with most of the guys say its fine where its at. Mainly people are talking about the tanks they won in F-A event. Its good to see them die quick because every 1 was using their good indis.. to deploy in F-A because they were receiving x60 tanks in 1st F-A then x30 tanks in 2nd and there after. So to see people loose there Attack & Defense quick is great. Every 1 thought they could boost there stats by using what ever it took to win those tanks. Which in fact that wasnt the point of the F-A event was to get rid of the best that you use in your army. F-A was intended to get rid of 1000's of useless units under 1k or what ever your units that aren't being used is. So good luck in the future when you stats get worse then they were b4 you participated in F-A maybe you should have thought bout it b4 you got rid of indis.. then non-indis.. While im on F-A event they listened to too many whiners out there that said they didnt have time for deploying or it was too long of a event. I think it was fine on the 1st F-A at least if people that have busy lifes could still get in some games through out the weekend not every 1 can play this game 24 hours a day. I can say that what needed work in the F-A was to change the reward system. So if you didn't participate at all you shouldn't have got any i know i wasnt happy with the freeloaders and in my faction if you didn't participate when you could to do your fair share then you got booted. So i lost some decent people due too freeloading its not a team if you deploy but you don't deploy the same amount as the rest of the team. So in the end F-A is a cool event just needed to change the way you get rewarded. The better you help your team on the amount of good deploys you did the better your reward should be. If you only barely deployed and threw in the a lower amount then the rest of your team then you should get the least amount of reward.
Anyways yes the rate the are dying is fine. Sorry about me going off subject just had to add my opinion on F-A event. lol

CJ54
04-17-2014, 01:00 PM
The casualty rate/mechanic has been the same for well over a year now. The thing is though, the game only looks at the units you bring to battle when determining casualties, so if you have only one type of destructible unit that is making it into your used units, you're going to lose some when battling.

lemonhaze
04-17-2014, 01:11 PM
The casualty rate/mechanic has been the same for well over a year now. The thing is though, the game only looks at the units you bring to battle when determining casualties, so if you have only one type of destructible unit that is making it into your used units, you're going to lose some when battling.

thx for the clairifaction CJ..that makes alot of sense never thought about it like that...no one my top 3 jets are dieing then bc the other cash units prolly arent makeing it to battle

Pidgeot
04-17-2014, 01:46 PM

Casualty rates have been a problem since the game game out. Some (not sure if its been fixed) have a glitch where they lose no units. I know its a problem on Droid. In my game, I lose units every attack/raid I make or when I'm attacked. I expect to lose units every now and then but I lose big each time. I lose the tanks I won during FA but I'm replacing them with better indestructible units (Sucks they make up 1000 units going to battle) so I dont lose as much.

The code for unit deaths need to be reworked. Rather than the person attacking losing units all the time, make it to where the defender loses units or can only lose 1 unit per attack cycle.

Agent Orange
04-17-2014, 01:59 PM

That would seem to be the logical way it works except that I went from loosing the expected 1 mill units to the most expensive suddenly. Plus the problem of not actually being able to see all the units we bring into battle. I really suspect something went haywire the other day...

Pidgeot
04-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Also, I would like to see all units I bring to battle so I can judge what needs to be replaced.

CJ54
04-17-2014, 02:14 PM
That would seem to be the logical way it works except that I went from loosing the expected 1 mill units to the most expensive suddenly. Plus the problem of not actually being able to see all the units we bring into battle. I really suspect something went haywire the other day...

I know you know your stuff, but are you sure the other units weren't bumped out of the used units?

It is still possible to lose low casualty units when you have a mix in units used, but it should be a lot rarer (and has been in test over here, every time we've looked into it). Imagine every time you lose a unit, the game rolls a 10-sided die. If it comes up 1-8 you lose a high casualty and 9-10 you lose a low casualty. Bit more complicated than that, but that is the gist.

Casualty rates have been a problem since the game game out. Some (not sure if its been fixed) have a glitch where they lose no units.

That bug was thankfully fixed a long time ago.

Pidgeot
04-17-2014, 02:19 PM
I know you know your stuff, but are you sure the other units weren't bumped out of the used units?

It is still possible to lose low casualty units when you have a mix in units used, but it should be a lot rarer (and has been in test over here, every time we've looked into it). Imagine every time you lose a unit, the game rolls a 10-sided die. If it comes up 1-8 you lose a high casualty and 9-10 you lose a low casualty. Bit more complicated than that, but that is the gist.

Good to know. To add to this, I lost 2 Strife Velociraptor back to back and not the tanks. (though I was losing tanks) I expected to lose one at some point but 2 back to back was harsh. Really expensive to replace.

CJ54
04-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Just to clarify again, those numbers I posted aren't accurate (low casualty is well less than 20% chance), those were just for illustrative purposes to explain the mechanic. Confirmed that we didn't change anything, though.

Global
04-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Just to clarify again, those numbers I posted aren't accurate (low casualty is well less than 20% chance), those were just for illustrative purposes to explain the mechanic. Confirmed that we didn't change anything, though.

CJ, that is not the way it is happening on the high of the stats. Attacking 700 million Defense with 1.6 Billion Attack and losing a low casualty, high cash unit 8 raids out of 10.

Agent Orange
04-17-2014, 03:42 PM

Thanks CJ54, I wondered if that was the explanation too, but looking at the losses for that day I was loosing the expected med to lower value 1 million to 1.5 million cost units. Then I see to guys hit me within an hour of eachother and I'm loosing Captain Growlers. That was right about the moment that my infirmary upgraded to L10 which was what flagged this in my mind. I will go and try and count my units and make sure that what you suggest didn't happen though.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Agent Orange
04-17-2014, 03:57 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, just looked at my units and did a couple of test attacks, have a lot of lower stat units that should have died first.

The timing was weird, I had just levelled up my Infirmary to L10 that morning after letting it sit for ages.

Seems though that things are back to normal again... Fingers crossed...

Pidgeot
04-17-2014, 04:09 PM
I think this also has to do with the number of units sent as well. I 'had' over 1K tanks and I expect to lose them. At 20% rate of dying, there is a chance I'd lose 1 or 2 during a 11-12 attack or raid. (1000 units sent and 20% chance of death for each) Im not sure how it works or when a unit is loss. You can only lose (from what I can tell) 1 unit per attack and if thats the case, those 1000 units should eat the bullet over my 19 S.V.s right? Not saying I wont lose a S.V. because it can happen but 2 in a row is odd, in term of odds anyway.

fatbodychris
04-17-2014, 10:33 PM
I have the same problem with losing so many of the Conflict Tanks, I think that's what they're called. It seems to me that when I raid someone who is much lower than me I'll still lose those tanks at a faster rate than any other units. I'd hate to think how fast people would lose them if they had a "high" death rate

scheung1980
04-18-2014, 06:52 AM
Just close this thread cj54.....never ending *****ing...

if your buying destructible units...expect to lose them......

MaverickINsc
04-18-2014, 07:38 AM
Just close this thread cj54.....never ending *****ing...

if your buying destructible units...expect to lose them......

nice scheung....agent orange and cj54 were clarifying the rates of loss.....not saying they didn't expect to lose ANY units.....if it says low or very low you wouldn't expect to lose them back to back.....nobody was being snarky for a change.....there are plenty of other threads where your comment would be more accurate

Agent Orange
04-18-2014, 07:46 AM
nice scheung....agent orange and cj54 were clarifying the rates of loss.....not saying they didn't expect to lose ANY units.....if it says low or very low you wouldn't expect to lose them back to back.....nobody was being snarky for a change.....there are plenty of other threads where your comment would be more accurate

Exactly, nowhere am I saying that I should not loose units as I expect that which is why I purposely bought lower value destructible units to sacrifice.

What red flagged me was that those sacrificial units were suddenly being bypassed and the highest stat units started to drop. Now it could have been a coincidence that my Infirmary upgraded to L10 at the same time but those two events made me suspect something was going wrong with unit loss calculations.

Thanks for trying to explain what we are talking about Maverick.

scheung1980
04-20-2014, 05:42 AM
Sorry if I was a bit out of line....

I am also losing growlers left right and centre....but I am not losing any of the conflicting tanks/ops drone which I have a **** load of....

Buy if your buying cash units expect to lose them....

Agent Orange
04-20-2014, 06:28 AM
Sorry if I was a bit out of line....

I am also losing growlers left right and centre....but I am not losing any of the conflicting tanks/ops drone which I have a **** load of....

Buy if your buying cash units expect to lose them....

And you don't find that a bit odd?

Something you also don't realize, units and features have over the past couple of years been added incrimentally. I started playing in Nov 2011 when the game was initially only released in Canada and back then none of the units we have today existed along with boost buildings and such.

Most of the defense buoldings were concieved at a time when having a million def and attack was considered monster, it might have actually been more like 500,000 but in any event the point is that with this last round of unit inflation almost everything else has been left behind and therefore there is a pretty good chance that some of this odd code doesn't mesh with a lot of this new stuff.

Toss in the mystery of skill points and the fact that nobody in all these years has come up with a definitive explanation of how they 'work' or don't work and you start to get a better idea of why sudden unlikely losses red flag me. Well ok with skill points I have a few theories but for the most part we don't really know exactly how they really work and this could also factor into this.

Yes it's obvious that you will loose destructible units in fact I expect ths and plan accordingly however when I start seeing such an obvious anomally then it needs to be reported. And yes your comments were totally counter productive.

MaverickINsc
04-20-2014, 02:04 PM
I have also noticed the some of the new cash units say "low" for casualty rate.....I seem to remember most of the higher value cash units under the old system would say "very low"......not sure if this means the lowest rate of loss is higher than before or not. what will happen is people will decide to buy less units if they drop like flies......just would like to know.

Modern War Sam
04-21-2014, 05:39 AM
The new special ops drones are leaking like a tap. Time to refocus on the infirmary.

Skydiver2112
04-22-2014, 02:10 PM
Not only your base infirmary but now the faction casualty reduction bonus comes more into play.
And that faction bonus helps across the entire faction to help stem the losses.

keeskiller
04-22-2014, 11:54 PM
rack up your infirmary to lvl 10, with the building upgrade you can do that fairly easy so stop crying and get more indestructible units