PDA

View Full Version : Don't Let This Game Ruin Your Life

MattThomas08
04-15-2014, 01:26 PM
I toiled in this game for 2.5 years on all levels of play, from being an unknown, irrelevant camper to wasting countless hours every day recruiting, leading, and competing at (nearly) the highest levels of the game. The constant that I've seen is that people love to hate the game. People let down their families, underperform at work, cheat on their spouses, fake their own deaths, you name it. Don't be that guy/girl.

I have had some really interesting experiences and, looking back, I learned a lot about interacting with people on the interwebs and making e-friendships, some which were very close at times. That's what's great about the game. The terrible thing about the game is THE GAME. Don't let it ruin you; at best you're Sisyphus and going nowhere. It makes me sad to see how many people pour so much into the game and get let down.

Off the top of my head, I really valued some relationships I formed, some of which were very unfortunate to deteriorate at times, but thanks to Vlad (for giving me a chance and miraculously forming the original independent powerhouse syndicate), Montecore (for always being a competent friend then adversary), Killshot (closest CC friend before he let us all down), Ian (honestly nicest guy in CC, made a huge mistake with BD), Sister Morphine (a rock in the game and such a sweetheart), Louie Louie (Really super, selfless guy), Pepper (one of my closest friends and always a good attitude), Moku (her and Louie loyally stuck by me always), BigMoney (the best thing to happen to CC community and it's worst loss), Billionaire (learned so much from him early on, took a silent bully role for a while, then made a comeback), Chancellor (Great guy, SAS website developer), Cole (honorable, great leader), Boaz (awesome programmer, inventor of the once infamous SAS/RG software), Balthazar (awesome lunatic), Fast (crazy, uncontrollable, loyal Frenchman), Grim Reaper (the Stephen Colbert of the game, true personality unknown), Gangsta (amazingly nice guy, hope he retires soon for his sake), Dark (strong, quiet type), iteachem (good guy, deteriorated friendship), Mxz (best allegedly white hat hacker in the game, possibly bipolar), and lots and lots of other people I cared about in SAS and Rogues Gallery.

I haven't been playing the game for a bit, but wanted to say thanks to everybody for the good and terrible times.

TL;DR Nobody cares, these posts are a dime a dozen.

nickcity
04-15-2014, 02:26 PM
Nice post, but do you know a reliable spot to find the rings? Seriously, best of luck to you. Gree has lost a bunch of awesome players and forum posters. Definitely not like it use to be. :(

Mr.Shh...
04-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Ill be your e-friend...also nicely written.

OmgMileyCyrus
04-15-2014, 03:19 PM
e. People let down their families, underperform at work, cheat on their spouses, fake their own deaths, you name it. Don't be that guy/girl.
The people that let this happen are mentally challenged.

Phillip99
04-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Great post, well written, and totally true.....and a huge lol to all the losers whom all of that applies to, those that spend thousands, even tens of thousands on the game, those who spend hours a day playing, and those who think their **** is bigger because they are in SAS or TAW or some other "big time" syndicate.

colec023
04-15-2014, 06:15 PM
Nice post Matt. The players and community that has been formed outside of this game is what counts and is what I value.

Cole

1Shot
04-15-2014, 08:35 PM
What's so good about SAS.

Joe bananas
04-15-2014, 10:47 PM
Great post MT. All the best.

holy
04-15-2014, 11:41 PM
It is simply unbelievable when someone needs to fake his own death for a game called crime city.

Sleazy_P_Martini
04-16-2014, 12:01 AM
we like to blame gree for how bad we think the game is. And sure, gree makes their share of mistakes. but the community must also bear a part of the burden.

Responsible gaming is the player's uh, responsibility. These types of games border on gambling. Addictive personalities are susceptible to these sorta things. It's not gree's fault when a player dumps his whole pay-check on this game.

All the hacking and cheating that's happened, surely that's not Gree's fault.

trolling in the game is a big thing. it's caused many problems. Crime City is a social network in itself. We've all seen how bullying in social networks can lead to bad things.

I mean, don't blame the crack dealer for selling good stuff right? Blame him when he gives you a hot dose, not when the gettin is good.

Captain Torgue
04-16-2014, 01:13 AM
Grim Reaper (the Stephen Colbert of the game, true personality unknown)

haha thanks Matt :)

I enjoyed my time in Rogues, best of luck to you and totally agree about Moku and Louie.

The people that let this happen are mentally challenged.

I don't think many people who play this game can honestly say they are 100% sane.

EDIT:

P.S

I have no idea who this Stephen Colbert fella is and had to look it up. I still don't get it, but oh well :)

TZora
04-16-2014, 01:14 AM
What's so good about SAS.
their name is silent assassins and they're never silent :p

Phillip99
04-16-2014, 03:25 AM
Nice post Matt. The players and community that has been formed outside of this game is what counts and is what I value.

Cole

Ummmmmmmm Cole (said in a hushed voice).......I think Matt might be talking about you. 2000 wins in one wknd, how much time/ gold did that take?

mxz
04-16-2014, 11:50 AM
Mxz (best allegedly white hat hacker in the game, possibly bipolar)He's a doctor, too?! Where's the (blush) Kakao icon...I'm in love.

ghetto69143
04-16-2014, 02:54 PM
I toiled in this game for 2.5 years on all levels of play, from being an unknown, irrelevant camper to wasting countless hours every day recruiting, leading, and competing at (nearly) the highest levels of the game. The constant that I've seen is that people love to hate the game. People let down their families, underperform at work, cheat on their spouses, fake their own deaths, you name it. Don't be that guy/girl.

I have had some really interesting experiences and, looking back, I learned a lot about interacting with people on the interwebs and making e-friendships, some which were very close at times. That's what's great about the game. The terrible thing about the game is THE GAME. Don't let it ruin you; at best you're Sisyphus and going nowhere. It makes me sad to see how many people pour so much into the game and get let down.

Off the top of my head, I really valued some relationships I formed, some of which were very unfortunate to deteriorate at times, but thanks to Vlad (for giving me a chance and miraculously forming the original independent powerhouse syndicate), Montecore (for always being a competent friend then adversary), Killshot (closest CC friend before he let us all down), Ian (honestly nicest guy in CC, made a huge mistake with BD), Sister Morphine (a rock in the game and such a sweetheart), Louie Louie (Really super, selfless guy), Pepper (one of my closest friends and always a good attitude), Moku (her and Louie loyally stuck by me always), BigMoney (the best thing to happen to CC community and it's worst loss), Billionaire (learned so much from him early on, took a silent bully role for a while, then made a comeback), Chancellor (Great guy, SAS website developer), Cole (honorable, great leader), Boaz (awesome programmer, inventor of the once infamous SAS/RG software), Balthazar (awesome lunatic), Fast (crazy, uncontrollable, loyal Frenchman), Grim Reaper (the Stephen Colbert of the game, true personality unknown), Gangsta (amazingly nice guy, hope he retires soon for his sake), Dark (strong, quiet type), iteachem (good guy, deteriorated friendship), Mxz (best allegedly white hat hacker in the game, possibly bipolar), and lots and lots of other people I cared about in SAS and Rogues Gallery.

I haven't been playing the game for a bit, but wanted to say thanks to everybody for the good and terrible times.

MT, Gotta give you that one fellow mafia!!! I think this was a major reason for my last syn being tdismantled. we got away from the "Fun Factor" and that took away from the game. made some good friends in the process but its a drain when this game could turn into a game. I looked forward to the chatting more than the game.
1up to for putting this out there....

colec023
04-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Ummmmmmmm Cole (said in a hushed voice).......I think Matt might be talking about you. 2000 wins in one wknd, how much time/ gold did that take?

Too much time and gold. And then the top 10 became top 12.

Phillip99
04-16-2014, 04:15 PM
Too much time and gold. And then the top 10 became top 12.

Good to hear Cole, it sounds like you might agree with Matt's OP. I was expecting the standard big gold spender response, "I make plenty of money, how I spend it is my business, yadda yadda"
Personally I have quit my syndicate, I play much less and don't collect buildings obsessively, if they get robbed, they get robbed. I was ashamed of myself.....I was sometimes choosing the game over time with my 5 yr old. I think a lot of people have a lot to learn, many lack perspective and have priorities out of order.
If you are setting timers to collect bldgs.....wake up, you are a loser.
And to the big spenders.....if you have plenty of money, that means you have plenty to spend on crack......that doesn't mean you should do it.
P.S. thanks Matt Thomas

colec023
04-16-2014, 06:01 PM
I play and have fun. I rob and get robbed. My team old and new is what keeps me here.

Tom78
04-16-2014, 07:05 PM
The constant that I've seen is that people love to hate the game. People let down their families, underperform at work, cheat on their spouses

The terrible thing about the game is THE GAME. Don't let it ruin you;

I salute you though we don't even know each other, well said..

montecore
04-16-2014, 08:53 PM
You've piqued my interest. Were Moku and Louie the ones having the affair? Please, at least drop some Page Six style hints.

I spent it all
On the bag
On the drag
The sun comes up, the tide rolls out
The trucks roll by the park still a park
Where children play and pick up stones
Anything to make them feel less alone - he's alone
His mind is his own town where all his thoughts run aground
They fall all over and down
I spent it all
On the bag
On the drag
The sun comes down, the tide rolls back
We crawl our way back to the house we call home
He holds his home in the palm of his hand
And he says, and he says
You are my everyone, you are my anyone
You are my anytime, you are my every time
You are my everywhere...anywhere...

Phillip99
04-17-2014, 03:08 AM
You are so cool montecore, and your **** is sooooooooooo big

montecore
04-17-2014, 07:06 AM
You are so cool montecore, and your **** is sooooooooooo big

Thank you, and yes, I suppose it is pretty big. :o

Molly's Voice
04-17-2014, 05:10 PM
We get it.....you're kind of a big deal.

PS: Is that true about MXZ?!?!?!?!

Blah Blah Blah...

sdj
04-18-2014, 10:03 AM
nice post and very true....in the end its just a game

mxz
04-18-2014, 12:54 PM
nice post and very trueDon't believe everything you read on the Internet.

MrMokum
04-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

MT is actually still playing then?
Great post...haven't played in a long time, glad I kicked it but this was pretty much it...was pretty easy to quit for good when skipping everything in between 2 battles made stats up till that moment completely irrelevant...even though I was thinking to start up again...thank you Gree (seriously!)
Take care Cole...was good fun, still miss the game sometimes haha