PDA

View Full Version : It's been so long. Who's still out there? Let's talk some MW!

Miner
04-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Many of you don't know me. Hopefully, a few of you still do. I've been around for a couple years and haven't posted much for quite a while. I come from the era in which the forum was full of "how-to" information, strategy guides, friendly tips and tricks, in-depth analysis of game elements, etc. A time when the "McDoc method" was patented and discussed constantly, when SeqWins kept the IPH club rosters, when Forum Fight Night's were hosted by the King himself, Bronson, when albeezy entertained us with his MW news reporting, and Hello Kitty kept us all chatting about who knows what, when LE sets were highly anticipated, units with boosts were coveted and painstakingly documented, when collect 10 event prizes with 300 attack stats and a boost were paraded around signatures like trophies...

So, who is still out there?! Let's talk!

Big John
04-15-2014, 10:00 AM
Still here after all these years.

Gambit12
04-15-2014, 10:16 AM
Hey Miner, i'm still here...

I remember those days when you & Albeezy drop some soap in the back of the bathroom door...Lol!;):cool::D

Lift Ticket
04-15-2014, 10:39 AM
Memories of what seemed like decades ago...

I think most of us have done the same as you...turned into lurkers to avoid feeding the trolls

Jhenry02
04-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Still here, and mostly lurking.

Loki KAD
04-15-2014, 11:13 AM
Hey, I've been playing the game since the beginning but only recently joined the forum. The game has evolved quite a lot and am glad to see Gree finally respecting it's long time users by introducing the new units. For a long time, Gree became hated by players like myself who we're being defeated by level 30's in battle due to Gree's business needs to promote a great game for new players. It seems though that after losing players like Ferr that GREE finally realised that whilst the new players that joined were important the old loyal players were their "bread and butter".

I also want to say a big well done to Gree for creating the strategically challenging Full Assault, yes gold can be used but for the lower tiered factions like mine we can happily play and rank well without mortgaging our homes!

Thanks for starting the page
Loki

Bob_55
04-15-2014, 11:25 AM
Still here too, but not very often in this Forum.. Man time past real fast, I remember the old days

HenryVIII
04-15-2014, 11:43 AM
When we would guess a forumites' identity via selfie!

:-)

Sepi
04-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Still here, buddy.

Kefa
04-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Sounds like the good 'ol days... I missed most of them, but I long for them anyway, lol. Nowadays the forum is all about how much the gamers hate the game but for some reason keep playing and complaining about it, lol.

I wonder if McDoc's method still works... never bothered bc I refused to spend any gold on the crates since my hidden "luck" skill has got to be a negative number, or zero at best.

There are a couple people who do contribute with some awesome LTQ intel and walkthroughs and such.

One man army
04-15-2014, 12:58 PM
I remember when epic boss first came out in June of 2012(I think memories all fuzzy) back then no such thing as factions or sup dominating over everyone.

Bronson
04-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Bron is still around - Long live the King

Ourpalace
04-15-2014, 02:35 PM
lol, most were joined in 2012. When did the forum start?

negotiator
04-15-2014, 02:40 PM
Good to see the old names, and those were the days

Ajk
04-15-2014, 02:46 PM
Yep, the good old days. Some good reading back then. ;)

EnjoyLife
04-15-2014, 04:20 PM
Still here :)

vball
04-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Nice to see old faces. Seems like there are fewer and fewer of us around.

Led
04-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Still here too :D

manbeast
04-15-2014, 06:23 PM
Checking in.. Can't believe how long I've been playing this game

iamnasty
04-15-2014, 07:11 PM
Many of you don't know me. Hopefully, a few of you still do. I've been around for a couple years and haven't posted much for quite a while. I come from the era in which the forum was full of "how-to" information, strategy guides, friendly tips and tricks, in-depth analysis of game elements, etc. A time when the "McDoc method" was patented and discussed constantly, when SeqWins kept the IPH club rosters, when Forum Fight Night's were hosted by the King himself, Bronson, when albeezy entertained us with his MW news reporting, and Hello Kitty kept us all chatting about who knows what, when LE sets were highly anticipated, units with boosts were coveted and painstakingly documented, when collect 10 event prizes with 300 attack stats and a boost were paraded around signatures like trophies...

I out ere, in the cafe shop having breakfast, drop by for cafe???....moo👀

Michael0218
04-15-2014, 07:26 PM
It's nice to see a lot of the names from when the forum was a fun place to check out. I've been playing since the beginning, but mostly have been a lurker on the forums. It looks like there are still a lot of the 'old timers' lurking as well.

I still play the game but no longer spend gold on it when I was an original 20 member of GSF. I am now happily retired with quite a few other retired GSFers in a no gold/low gold faction where we have to work at it to reach top 400...but hey, it's all about the friends now and nothing about the stats.

bushobama
04-15-2014, 08:45 PM
still here! The game has changed quite a bit from Friday night fight days, but it still has it's charm to some extent. Anyone ever hear from War Priest? I thought he'd come back one day for sure

bushobama
04-15-2014, 08:47 PM
I fondly remember 15 page threads debating the casualty rate of a sea scout!!

Jhoemel
04-15-2014, 08:56 PM
Still here but lurking. I cant believe im still playing, i already quit ka. I have a strong attachment with mw because of all of u guys

iamnasty
04-15-2014, 08:58 PM
still here! The game has changed quite a bit from Friday night fight days, but it still has it's charm to some extent. Anyone ever hear from War Priest? I thought he'd come back one day for sure

Last i heard is he is doing some NGO work in some really remote places in Somalia, .......moo :D

Nighthawk
04-15-2014, 09:06 PM
so many great old time names, browsing through the posts of whom help teach me the game. I found these forums at a good time when there was already a wealth of knowledge I would be able to find just by doing some searching and reading. Glad to see there's still a number of people around.

Luke7676
04-15-2014, 09:51 PM
It is very nice to see a lot of the old timers around still. I often wondered about WP also. I check his base out every now and again on the old account to see if there is still any life left in him.

It's also good to see Bronson lurking about still, along with the rest of yall.

Way to many good memories to list from the past, but that is one of the reasons I came back, and still lurk around myself :)

iamnasty
04-15-2014, 09:58 PM
It is very nice to see a lot of the old timers around still. I often wondered about WP also. I check his base out every now and again on the old account to see if there is still any life left in him.

To my knowledge, WP preferred the company of ladies....moo :D

ckos2
04-15-2014, 11:00 PM
Miner! You were my first FFN. Kicked my @ss from what I remember. Hope all is well with you.

Copenhagen
04-15-2014, 11:26 PM
Word. Still taking all challengers, FFN!

MadManDK
04-15-2014, 11:47 PM
Here :cool:.

Word. Still taking all challengers, FFN!

Where are you at Cope, let's have a FFN. I'm lvl 263 - 498 allies, come get some ;-)

Copenhagen
04-15-2014, 11:53 PM

Where are you at Cope, let's have a FFN. I'm lvl 263 - 498 allies, come get some ;-)

Wazzup MM! You know I'm down, but not going to happen outside of WD. Lvl 220

pelle plutt
04-16-2014, 12:10 AM
Cant someone pls bring back Flan and PJ =)

Zoltarov
04-16-2014, 04:41 AM
Nice to see the old names that are still playing.

Miner
04-16-2014, 05:15 AM
Wow. I'm awesome to see all you guys still around. I'll be honest. I threw up this post expecting it to fall off the first page rather quickly and didn't even check back in till this morning.

Now then, about those sea scouts...

mickymacirl
04-16-2014, 05:49 AM
Welcome back Miner!

Miner
04-16-2014, 06:22 AM
Welcome back Miner!

Hey micky! You haven't stopped by to snag $3.6 mil off me in quite a while. The bank is always open if you need it! haha.

Copenhagen
04-16-2014, 07:22 AM
Wow. I'm awesome to see all you guys still around.

Easy, B-flan. I'm a beast.

Bronson
04-16-2014, 08:29 AM
I'll be honest. I threw up this post expecting it to fall off the first page rather quickly

It would have if I didn't post on it.

lemonhaze
04-16-2014, 08:48 AM

still remember all those days bud

Agent Orange
04-16-2014, 09:19 AM
Yup still floating around here though don't play as much. Hope SeqWins is ok haven't heard from him since he deployed. Also haven't seen JMC in a long time.

Agent Orange
04-16-2014, 09:19 AM
It would have if I didn't post on it.

Yup, that's for sure.

Luke7676
04-16-2014, 09:27 AM
To my knowledge, WP preferred the company of ladies....moo :D

Oh trust me I know. I think he would have preferred the company of a lady called Lfizzle lol. And you I take prefer the company of cows or heifers?

Awesome to see this thread still going strong :)

Thief
04-16-2014, 10:14 AM
Hey Miner good to see you (along with all the familiar faces back on).

I've been MIA for about 5 weeks due to work and travels but i'm alwawys around. Its an additction i can't seem to break. Luckily Cope, HB and Cope have been holding down the fort while i've been traveling! :P

Blackstone
04-16-2014, 10:55 AM
Nice to see some familiar faces and old faction teammates still lurking around.

Saint Anger
04-16-2014, 12:00 PM

Figured I was the only one that missed good old Flan...

Copenhagen
04-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Hey Miner good to see you (along with all the familiar faces back on).

I've been MIA for about 5 weeks due to work and travels but i'm alwawys around. Its an additction i can't seem to break. Luckily Cope, HB and Cope have been holding down the fort while i've been traveling! :P

Me, myself and HB. Sounds like a schizoid movie.

Mcdoc
04-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Wow - what a refreshing post! Glad to see some other old timers chime in on this:

Agent Orange (nice Avatar Bro!)
Bronson
Miner
Manbeast
Zoltarov
MadMan
Jhenry
Led
Gambit
Vball
Sepi
HenryVIII
Big John
Lift Ticket
Kefa
Jhomel
Bob_55
bushobama
Luke7676
Saint Anger
ckos2
Blackstone
MickyMac!

and many more who made the forums more fun than the game

I see Thief & Cope & HB in all the time in WD - but it sure would be nice to see:

ThunderChild
Hello Kitty
Self Proclaimed
Sugarymama
Marebear
Vballmadam
Dreno33
War Priest
Khimso
SeqWins (also wonder since he said he deployed)
JMC
Poop
Flash
Hassleham
Aidan
Spectra
Tate
chiez
and A few others from the Selfie Posts to chime in!

Here re is a post from just before WD came out where a LOT of the original "Fourmites" were coming together to figure out teams etc:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41932-Veteran-Forum-Fighter-VFF-for-MW3-Faction&highlight=Forumite

Then there are the Grandfathers long gone like:

Tramp Stamp
Chuck Norris
Digital
JohnnyR

Maybe it's time to Plan another MW meet up somewhere Central - maybe Dallas ? Or HK would prefer Las Vegas! ! !

btw - one of these guys is the reason I took a long break from the forums - the other one is a Beast!

btw - wanna see something funny! Look at how excited we all were when one of us hit 50k stats!
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36111-WooHoo-Finally-broke-50K-attack&highlight=Forumite

Do you remember the MW Forum Grammies?
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38165-Grammy-Awards!!&highlight=Forumite
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37713-MW-Mid-year-Grammy-s!Need-your-votes!&highlight=Forumite
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37908-the-nominations!&highlight=Forumite
and the famous "Where were you thread"
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23958-Where-were-you&highlight=Forumite

Thief
04-16-2014, 02:27 PM
Me, myself and HB. Sounds like a schizoid movie.

Woops i meant to say Mcdoc. Man i apparently still need to recover from traveling hahaha.

Selfproclaimed
04-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Hiiiiooooo! I still no longer play, I have the account still but not active. I check out what's going on once every few months. Their should be some sort of addiction counselors on this forum for modern war folk. Lol good to see many of you still live and kicking.

Led
04-16-2014, 06:21 PM
Did super camper Dreno33 retire?

Another pic thread would be fun :)

Jhenry02
04-16-2014, 06:42 PM
I'd like to start a pic thread.

One word: Mankini

Jhenry02
04-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Marebare is still around. Just not on forums

hb bombers
04-16-2014, 06:48 PM
I'm still playing!! Good to see all of these old school players!

Mcdoc
04-16-2014, 06:48 PM
Marebare is still around. Just not on forums

Yeah - GroupMe is kinda the new meeting place for active old timers - something called the VFF Chillout Lounge started by my man Self Proclaimed seems to be a popular watering hole :)

marebear
04-16-2014, 11:06 PM
I am still here. I just lurk and don't post much. And I'm going to let you finish but Aidan fat fingering a grunt was the best thread ever!!!

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23366-Worst-fat-fingered-loss&highlight=fingered+grunt

Long dong silver
04-16-2014, 11:32 PM
Tate and spectra are still around, although I don't think they post on here.

Cheers
Lee

Tate
04-17-2014, 12:17 AM
WOW! That's a lot of folks that haven't posted here for a very long time, it's d a m n great to see that you're all still alive and kickin!

Miner, my friend, thanks for starting this thread and a big HEY ALL to everyone I haven't spoken to for awhile!

As for Spectra, I know for certain that he's still lurking once in a while ��

Everson25
04-17-2014, 02:55 AM
Hi everyone! It took me sometime to read all those messages. It's great to see so many old faces. Btw, thanks McDoc to include me on your list. It looks I wasn't part of your friends...lol.

TC retired...it wasn't his choice....lol. Maybe he will read this message and post something. Hey Johmel! Did you really retire from KA?

Before I go I want to say that forum was on old times was one of reasons I lasted so long. It's amazing that we all going towards 3 years if we carry on like that.

BigD@wg
04-17-2014, 03:19 AM
Still at it. Good to see ya around Miner and the rest of you too!

Mcdoc
04-17-2014, 03:31 AM
Hi everyone! It took me sometime to read all those messages. It's great to see so many old faces. Btw, thanks McDoc to include me on your list. It looks I wasn't part of your friends...lol.

aww man - that's the hard part if making a list - you always inadvertently leave off a few peeps - glad you chimed in old friend :)

Miner
04-17-2014, 05:04 AM
It's awesome to see all you guys. And I will be the first to admit, Bronson is probably right. Without his short little post, this thread would have died a rapid, violent death. But thanks to the generosity of him and his celebrity status online, it has survived to 7 pages.

Bronson, I owe you one. Stop by my base and take a few mil if you still can. ;)

Arizona
04-17-2014, 06:18 AM
Here and present!
Look at all the old names. Good to see almost everyone still around.

BostonHammer
04-17-2014, 07:16 AM
There were good people who posted helpful threads with very few trolls. Some threads that pop into my mind now that that were very helpful back then: casualty rates, farming (I went up 3 levels once farming amphibious troopers (6/8 stats)), strong against and what that actually meant. Then there were the funny threads also like the fat finger thread. Everyone pretty much got along and it was a friendly environment when i looked forward to logging into the forum but those days are long gone.

Great seeing some old names but I can't believe I've been playing this game since 2011.

Sugarymama
04-17-2014, 07:20 AM
Miner!!!!

Great thread, and one of very few that can persuade me to respond on the MW forum. It's so nice to see posts from the "veterans" of MW and the forum. Although the group continues to shrink slowly (as to be expected), thank goodness for GroupMe, which allows me to continue to stay connected to cool folks and be conveniently "distracted" from this mess of a game. (But that's for another post/thread. ;))

Thanks for the shout McDoc. By the way, I will be in LA from July 25 - 29. Flight is booked. If you're not knee-deep in a wedding, let's meet for a cocktail (or 5). Thief, (and any other Cali kids, please come with)

Miss my forum peeps!! Hope everyone is doing well..

Maybe I need to revive my "Crazy Faction Names" thread. If I could only find it...:D What do you think Lift?

megaants
04-17-2014, 07:40 AM
I'm almost sure dreno quit after one or two wars.

Lift Ticket
04-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Maybe I need to revive my "Crazy Faction Names" thread. If I could only find it...:D What do you think Lift?

I think that is a Great idea:

I'll add some new ones I come across.....

bad motha fudgas
the titsburg feelers
Giggles Yo Mama

more to come...

Thanks for the shout out McDoc.

WoW, so many veterans in this post....glad to see everyone still kickin it in the background!!

Vballmadam
04-17-2014, 09:36 AM
Hi Guys! I'm still hear but would like to retire! I don't check on the forum too often but I'm still alive and playing!
Living off old bonus gold that I cherish and use sparingly otherwise all free!

Sepi
04-17-2014, 10:27 AM
Hi Guys! I'm still hear but would like to retire! I don't check on the forum too often but I'm still alive and playing!
Living off old bonus gold that I cherish and use sparingly otherwise all free!

My virtual thumbs up for that! :)

And actually.. I kinda miss Flan also.

Sepi
04-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Edit: double post and bad wifi in a train. :D

Mcdoc
04-17-2014, 12:25 PM
I'm still digging for the Name That Player thread with Selfies from some of the old timers - but in the meantime - I found this fun thread with pics from the meet-up :)

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38447-Pictures-amp-Paragraphs-from-Southern-Cali-Meet-Up&highlight=Reveal

just gonna link some fun threads :

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41131-Shouting-out-all-veteran-players-of-MW!!!

FINALLY - Found the name that player thread! It was locked - so,maybe that's why it was hard to find. Unfortunately some of the links to pics are down - but a lot are there :)

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36013-Name-the-Players-Name-Come-Participate-or-watch

bruner
04-17-2014, 12:53 PM
can any of you veterans point a newbie towards an intel room on Groupme or Line?

David Steelman
04-17-2014, 01:24 PM
This is cool Reading.

Lift Ticket
04-17-2014, 01:31 PM
I'm still digging for the Name That Player thread with Selfies from some of the old timers - but in the meantime - I found this fun thread with pics from the meet-up :)

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38447-Pictures-amp-Paragraphs-from-Southern-Cali-Meet-Up&highlight=Reveal

just gonna link some fun threads :

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41131-Shouting-out-all-veteran-players-of-MW!!!

FINALLY - Found the name that player thread! It was locked - so,maybe that's why it was hard to find. Unfortunately some of the links to pics are down - but a lot are there :)

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36013-Name-the-Players-Name-Come-Participate-or-watch

Here is a link to Fl@sh's Name that Player v.2 thread:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?42245-Name-that-Player!

JB5
04-17-2014, 02:30 PM
I am still here. I just lurk and don't post much. And I'm going to let you finish but Aidan fat fingering a grunt was the best thread ever!!!

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23366-Worst-fat-fingered-loss&highlight=fingered+grunt

ROTFLMAO!!! Thank you for this, best laugh in a long time!

Pissapigov
04-17-2014, 04:01 PM
Glad this thread was started! Thanks Marebear for sending me the link on groupme, otherwise i probably wouldn't have checked :)

Even I miss flan a little bit after i wiped his base and made him rage quit that time..

Thanks for finding all those old links MC, funny reading back!

Hopefully bump in to a few more of you on groupme some time :)

Hassleham.

Jhenry02
04-17-2014, 06:12 PM
I want to do a Midwest/semi east coast meet up in Ohio

SPECTRA MWKA
04-17-2014, 08:10 PM
As for Spectra, I know for certain that he's still lurking once in a while ��

Make some noice !!!!!! the ghost with the most is here. and not it is not Beattlejuice. :D

I am still a ghost and time has no meaning for me
I keep lurking in this MW realm since its begining and will probably be around long after its end

I am very happy to see during this 2+ year that those that gave life to this forum are still around and kicking, I have seen many good new peeps come and help those that seek help and amen to the number of the trolls (with the exception of the MW village idiot and only
lovable troll THE FLAN. aka The Beast)

I wish we all can make this place what it was once long ago during its golden era

cheers to all and always an honor and a pleasure to chat with all

until next time I cone about this realms

cheers

Omega1980
04-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Ok...

Some old forum members here

drummerquack
04-18-2014, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=Mcdoc;1269674]I'm still digging for the Name That Player thread with Selfies from some of the old timers - but in the meantime - I found this fun thread with pics from the meet-up :)

Too Funny McDoc!!!! We should have another So Cal Meet Up, LMFAO! It is hilarious to look at our stats then vs. now :)

Jhoemel
04-18-2014, 04:41 PM

TC retired...it wasn't his choice....lol. Maybe he will read this message and post something. Hey Johmel! Did you really retire from KA?

Before I go I want to say that forum was on old times was one of reasons I lasted so long. It's amazing that we all going towards 3 years if we carry on like that.

Yeah i retired bro. Been really busy these days so i didnt have time for it

Speed ump
04-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Your old friendly pirate is still hanging in there. Sure seems like the forum has had a lot less trolling lately. Pretty nice really.

marebear
04-18-2014, 09:31 PM
Your old friendly pirate is still hanging in there. Sure seems like the forum has had a lot less trolling lately. Pretty nice really.

What up Speed Ump!!! �� Wow it's been a long time since I've seen you.

And I'm totally for an East coast meet up. Even Ohio works. Lol

Sugarymama
04-19-2014, 02:37 AM
Did someone say East Coast meet up??

Jhoemel
04-19-2014, 04:45 AM
Dont forget to post pictures if the meet up became a reality ok? Lol

I remember hello kitty's pictures in the socal meet up. She is hot lol

Led
04-19-2014, 12:22 PM
I may fly out for the east coast meet up :cool:

Sugarymama
04-19-2014, 02:20 PM
I may fly out for the east coast meet up :cool:

Aww s%*&...now we GOTTA have an East Coast shindig...:o

yan840016765
04-19-2014, 05:20 PM
Dont forget to post pictures if the meet up became a reality ok? Lol

I remember hello kitty's pictures in the socal meet up. She is hot lol

We need the link to the pictures, PLS :)

Jhenry02
04-19-2014, 05:27 PM
If we are really interested. I will head up a semi Midwest/semi east coast meet up.

This could get people from St. Louis, Chicago, indianapolis, as well as some Virginians, dc, and Pennsylvania folk.

marebear
04-20-2014, 09:55 AM
If we are really interested. I will head up a semi Midwest/semi east coast meet up.

This could get people from St. Louis, Chicago, indianapolis, as well as some Virginians, dc, and Pennsylvania folk.

Yes please!!!!

lemonhaze
04-20-2014, 10:38 AM

dont forget the KY folks :D

Jhenry02
04-20-2014, 11:39 AM
Columbus, Ohio
How does that sound?

lemonhaze
04-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Columbus, Ohio
How does that sound?

yup only a few hours drive for me..Cinninnati,OH would be even better tho not even a hours drive

Jhenry02
04-20-2014, 02:02 PM
Lemon haze, the farther east we go maybe more east coasters we get.

I'm in indianapolis. So I'm not picking favorites.

Mcdoc
04-20-2014, 10:13 PM
Nashville TN ? That's pretty Central to the East :)

i got connections there :)

Hello Kitty
04-21-2014, 08:22 AM
Very nice thread Miner! Was wondering what was pulling me to this site that I hadn't visited in a while. Cool to read from all the friends that I had so much fun chatting with and playing this crazy game together. Hope everyone is doing well! Cheers. Xoxox, HK

ladyfizz27
04-21-2014, 09:30 AM
Such a lovely thread. It's good to see so many of the old timers around still :)

marebear
04-21-2014, 12:47 PM
Hello Kitty!!!!!!! I miss you girl!! Hope all is well with you.

Hello Kitty
04-21-2014, 04:34 PM
Hello Kitty!!!!!!! I miss you girl!! Hope all is well with you.
Maaarebeaaar! Miss you too. Great to see you're around. Hope all is well with you too.

Also nice to see the ladies chime in...ladyfizz, Sugarymama, and vballmadam - hope you are all doing well and holding down (ruling) the fort. Hugs. ❤️❤️❤️

Jhenry02
04-21-2014, 05:33 PM
Midwest Meet Up !
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?89620-Midwest-Meet-Up!

Pappy14
04-22-2014, 06:28 AM
I was lurking in my earlier days and for the most part still do but recognize most here and those that I don't, I recognize the signature lol. I've always been an Android player and remember the days of wondering what the hell the Epic Boss was that all you guys were talking about LOL. This is actually the first thread I saved in my favorites and is still the link I use to get to the forum today...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?35888-Modern-war-loot-spread-sheet

I do remember all the other informative threads too, was a good time. I think I had bookmarked Self Proclaimed's Random Question thread as well. Man that turned out to be a long thread!

drummerquack
04-22-2014, 02:28 PM
Maaarebeaaar! Miss you too. Great to see you're around. Hope all is well with you too.

Also nice to see the ladies chime in...ladyfizz, Sugarymama, and vballmadam - hope you are all doing well and holding down (ruling) the fort. Hugs. ❤️❤️❤️

Miss ya HK!

Sugarymama
04-23-2014, 05:26 PM

KIIITTTYYY!!! It's so damn nice to hear from you. Miss you much!! Come to the East Coast meet up (if it really happens). You're (partially at least) in the East! :o XOXOXO

Hello Kitty
04-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Miss ya HK! Hi dq! Another fine lady of the game!! So great to see you post and miss you too. Hope you are doing well and keeping Cope and hb in line. I know you are! :cool:

KIIITTTYYY!!! It's so damn nice to hear from you. Miss you much!! Come to the East Coast meet up (if it really happens). You're (partially at least) in the East! :o XOXOXOHey awesome lady! I've been commuting to NY since last summer, so I'm a go for a NYC meetup! Hope you are doing well. Miss you much as well. Xoxoxox.

Wdigeorge
04-23-2014, 10:53 PM
Still here ticking away... ARRR, Matey! :)

boardgames rule
04-24-2014, 07:14 AM
Man alot of good times where had back in the old days. Nice to scroll through and see my old friends.

ochr0961
04-24-2014, 09:49 AM
I am always here. Just lurking now. Good to see all my long friends here.

Hivesy
04-24-2014, 10:34 AM
No frickin waaaaaaaay.

I love you guys. A quick drop in to Group Me, Mare points me up here and it's like spring 2012 all over again.

Really glad most of you still play, I hung my playing boots up a while a go but still get the odd urge. I'm trying to resist :)

I'll try to visit here a bit more often and see what you dudes are doing.

Take care

Hivesy

vball
04-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Those were indeed good times. Good to see you drop in Hivesy and see you in VFF Lounge.

Hivesy
04-29-2014, 01:53 AM
Good to catch up in GM Baraka! I'm just bumping this a little to see if we get any other old codgers out of the woodwork.

Hivesy
04-29-2014, 02:09 AM

Madman sup! Level 263? Level 263? For most of my time playing this game you couldn't go higher than 200. It took me a year to get to level 100 and I wondered how the big guys got to 200. I remember the pirates moaning that they were getting bored sitting at 200 and didn't have many people to fight :)

The biggest news EVER was when they raised the level limit to 250, you remember that? Didn't they make a MIG the prize, with about 9k stats from memory but you had like 90 days to jump the extra 50 levels. The guys that did that, wow, they spent a lot of money. I think I went from 150 to maybe 152 in the same time!

Good memories, I did just cross the level 200 barrier before I bowed out, just. I can die a happy man :)

What's the level now dudes?

Hello Kitty
04-29-2014, 08:13 AM
Madman sup! Level 263? Level 263? For most of my time playing this game you couldn't go higher than 200. It took me a year to get to level 100 and I wondered how the big guys got to 200. I remember the pirates moaning that they were getting bored sitting at 200 and didn't have many people to fight :)

The biggest news EVER was when they raised the level limit to 250, you remember that? Didn't they make a MIG the prize, with about 9k stats from memory but you had like 90 days to jump the extra 50 levels. The guys that did that, wow, they spent a lot of money. I think I went from 150 to maybe 152 in the same time!

Good memories, I did just cross the level 200 barrier before I bowed out, just. I can die a happy man :)

What's the level now dudes?

LOL Hivesy! After reading your post, I re-installed the game just to check out where my account left off...level 154 with a whopping 777k/967k A/D stat. Woohoo!

Didn't blow up my base in case I ever got the itch to rejoin the insanity - after reading a couple of threads, it might be better to start over. Ha. CJ - can I get a reset?

Oh, after rebuilding all my boosts to get to my stats, I noticed the recurring dreadful siren was never fixed. :rolleyes: That made me laugh out loud!

Hope you are doing well. Hi everyone! Hope you are doing well too.

Hivesy
04-29-2014, 08:57 AM
LOL Hivesy! After reading your post, I re-installed the game just to check out where my account left off...level 154 with a whopping 777k/967k A/D stat. Woohoo!

Didn't blow up my base in case I ever got the itch to rejoin the insanity - after reading a couple of threads, it might be better to start over. Ha. CJ - can I get a reset?

Oh, after rebuilding all my boosts to get to my stats, I noticed the recurring dreadful siren was never fixed. :rolleyes: That made me laugh out loud!

Hope you are doing well. Hi everyone! Hope you are doing well too.

Hey Kitty great to know you're well. I'm really sorry if anything I did or said made you go and re-install the game, what are you doing sister!? You've been cold turkey now for so long, step away from the phone step away from the phone, nothing to see here.

That damn siren when they first introduced 3.0 was the undoing of the game, you've hit the nail on the head there HK, that was the beginning of the end.

Do you still play KA or CC? I blew up my bases on all 3 in one day. D-Day. I still give GREE a little money each month as I play Call to Arms but I don't spend like I used to on MW. There will never be another game that drags me in as much as this beast did.

This post is a good case in point, I haven't played for over 5 months and I'm still on the forums talking about it!

Take care Kitty, it'd be good to all keep in touch on here if nothing else.

Hello Kitty
04-29-2014, 10:02 AM
Hey Kitty great to know you're well. I'm really sorry if anything I did or said made you go and re-install the game, what are you doing sister!? You've been cold turkey now for so long, step away from the phone step away from the phone, nothing to see here.

That damn siren when they first introduced 3.0 was the undoing of the game, you've hit the nail on the head there HK, that was the beginning of the end.

Do you still play KA or CC? I blew up my bases on all 3 in one day. D-Day. I still give GREE a little money each month as I play Call to Arms but I don't spend like I used to on MW. There will never be another game that drags me in as much as this beast did.

This post is a good case in point, I haven't played for over 5 months and I'm still on the forums talking about it!

Take care Kitty, it'd be good to all keep in touch on here if nothing else.

Fear not, Hivesy...MW was X'd out right afterwards. KA and CC suffered the same fate, also not blown up.

I loaded Call to Arms too and joined a really nice team, but just couldn't get into it and was traveling too much to help. Loaded 3 other games similar to CTA only to find out that Gree implemented all the worst features compared to the others. Of those, I've kept one. CTA was X'd. Gree got $5.98 from me. It's OK, I budgeted for that. Ha.

Same here about visiting the forums. Eventually, I liked the people more than the game. Love popping in occasionally to see great threads like this one!

Take care too, Hivesy. See you in a few months...:p

Mcdoc
04-29-2014, 04:55 PM
I've actually never heard the sirens because I have always played with the game on mute since day one. They only reason I even know the background music is because it makes you go through the tutorial before you can kill the sound :)

good of to see you on Kitty! I remember the first Quest that came out on KA that jumped my stats from 250k to over 800k in 4 days - man I thought I was king of the hill that day until you told me you had already popped 1 million :)

JAG Slayer
04-29-2014, 05:42 PM
Hey all. I am not part of the old school crew but was reading through this thread. I have been playing for 14 months and the game has changed so much in just that time frame. I have 2 accts now as my main acct was almost put out to pasture until these cash units came out. I probably would have stopped playing 8 months ago if not for my faction mates. They are the ones that make the game fun and keep me coming back.

Just wanted to post a comment on your thread because it seemed back then the reasons you were playing are the same that keep me coming back today. Best of luck to all

Hivesy
05-14-2014, 08:04 AM

Hey buddy, just came back to this again as I'd bookmarked it in a genius move. You know what made me laugh when I re-read this? I remember when YOU were the new guy having just joined the forum. It literally seems like a couple of weeks a go. It was 2 years a go! Hope you are well my friend, stay lucky.

KCjamss
05-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Haven't been playing for long but I hear a lot of complaining about how the game use to be versus how it is now. Is there really that big of a change?

Ericinico
05-14-2014, 04:23 PM
I am always here. Just lurking now. Good to see all my long friends here.

Lol same here

Jhenry02
05-17-2014, 05:57 PM
Miner stopped by my base a few days ago to say hello. I felt disappointed. He didn't take a swipe at me. It was like I wasn't worth it to him..

-J

I am a cow!
05-17-2014, 10:23 PM
Miner stopped by my base a few days ago to say hello. I felt disappointed. He didn't take a swipe at me. It was like I wasn't worth it to him..

-J

some pro from dover u are ;) better get u to BenDover ;)

marebear
05-17-2014, 11:05 PM
Lol same here
Wow. Ericinicio ?? What faction are you with now dude? Level, allies? Love to hit you up for a couple bucks. If you don't need the money for a building upgrade that is.. 😉

Jhoemel
05-18-2014, 04:32 AM
Lol same here

Lol this made me out of lurking mode :)

And miner stopped by my base too a while ago, i also sleep in vballmadam's base for a bit a while ago

Mcdoc
05-18-2014, 09:39 AM
Lol same here

Wow. Ericinicio ?? What faction are you with now dude? Level, allies? Love to hit you up for a couple bucks. If you don't need the money for a building upgrade that is.. 

WoW - now THAT made me Chuckle!

i am curious how your IPH has come along - as I remember you always had a focus on upgrading your buildings :)

Led
05-18-2014, 10:38 AM
This is classic lol :cool:

Spazer
05-18-2014, 08:50 PM
It's the re-rise of the MINER!!! HE IS BACK EVERYONE!!!! Look whose in town!!!

Miner
05-20-2014, 08:40 AM
Still here. I'm sorry to those who I have stopped by and not swiped clean. I will do my best to change that.

Oh, hey Ericinco. Didn't know you were still around

Miner
05-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Started up a new game on Droid. Feel free to add the little guy to your allies list if you would like. He's a free player, slow mover.

478-217-035

Thunder Child
05-20-2014, 05:32 PM

That will do the trick, Ev!

Brought tears to my eyes seeing you all in here!

Yes, was involuntarily retired from the game by my wife - a hammer (the irony!) to both my iPads!

Still miss it, but miss you good people even more. Come in here from time to time, but usually with little time to post - but not today.

Hope to keep in touch with you all as time goes by - and if you have a meet-up NEXT year, I'll finally be in the US and will break my neck to be there.

Love you all!

Mcdoc
05-20-2014, 06:57 PM
That will do the trick, Ev!

Brought tears to my eyes seeing you all in here!

Hope to keep in touch with you all as time goes by - and if you have a meet-up NEXT year, I'll finally be in the US and will break my neck to be there.

Love you all!

Great to see you stop by friend !

Ajk
05-21-2014, 07:35 AM
How about a good old fashioned thread hijacking from the 3 Amigos for old times sake? No one did it better than you guys. ;)

Thunder Child
05-21-2014, 04:31 PM
How about a good old fashioned thread hijacking from the 3 Amigos for old times sake? No one did it better than you guys. ;)

Cataracts, arthritic fingers and crutches mean that Bronson struggles with the keyboard these days, while incontinence spoils most days for Aidan; otherwise.....

vball
05-21-2014, 05:38 PM
Simply one of the best threads going right now. Another legend retired today, saddens me to see all these great people leaving.

Giedrybe
05-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Miner, you should be proud for starting this thread and bringing all those lurkers into the light.

I am sure many of you were really glad to see this thread and all those names. I certainly was.

Thanks, Miner! If something good is happening, look out for Miner.

Q Raider
05-22-2014, 11:04 PM
Wanders in.....reads....chuckles.....wanders out....

Hivesy
06-03-2014, 08:08 AM
Wanders in.....reads....chuckles.....wanders out....

still spending much time in Siberia buddy? Your avatar is one of those that reminds me of the good old days and it it used to be. I still miss that smiley face with a bullet hole through it's head also...........